Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 14, messages 141 to 160 of 264
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 18, 2006 04:29

Compare halo to halo2

Halo 1 is much more impressive visually. Sure it' s framerate is very unstable but interms of texture quality, bump-mapping and other special effects it' s noticably superior.

I agree with FF7 to FF8 though, FF8 did look nicer.

Still I would easily expect PS3 to do the same quality of visuals as the MGS4 and Resident Evil 5 demos, especially at 720p and at 60fps.

That level of visual performance is not going to be massively difficult to achieve for programmers and artists at skilled companies like Capcom, Konami and Sega. Just look at VF5 running in real-time, it is almost on the same level as both those demos, just lacking as much geometry.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 18, 2006 05:57

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Is the difference in visual quality that different between in game cutscenes and actuall gameplay? I don' t think the differences were that huge in MGS2, Twin Snakes or MGS3. I could see a difference though, but I think it looked pretty much the same over all.

Pretty much. I think the realtime cutscenes in the MGS games work better than most. The cutscenes themselves are treated to a whole range of effects in post production but they' re rendered using the ingame engine.

The actual gameplay in all of the MGS games doesn' t look as good as the cutscenes, ...take Snake Eaters intro with Snake standing at the back of the plane waiting to jump out and his jumpsuit is blowing realistically. It' s a scripted sequence rendered by the game engine that' s been touched up.

Metal Gears' cutscenes always look gorgeous!

Part of the thing that makes the cutscenes so immersive though and the difference between the two (cutscene/gameplay) is the animation. The animation in the MGS4 demonstration was fantastic but i don' t expect it to be like that when i' m playing the game.

I wonder whether it' ll still be an isometric view though...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 18, 2006 08:09
I think it' ll have the new 3D camera from MGS3 upgrade :)

Yeah - I' d say it' s 99% for that camera and 1% for the old one.

Nitro

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 18, 2006 08:10
Perhaps it' ll have multiple views...
Kyo.k

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 18, 2006 08:15
Indeed. It would make sense to have a 3D style view for more expansive outdoor environments and the option for the old style camera in familiar indoor locals.

A switchable camera system certainly seems like the best route to take with MGS.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 18 Feb 06 0:15:38 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 18, 2006 08:26
that' s what I meant saying new 3D camera - you can switch in MGS3 Substinence (or whatever that name was :) )

I shoud' ve made it more clear I guess :)
Kyo.k

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 18, 2006 08:31
No, no it was very clear.

I was basically saying the same thing.

I guess I should have been actually paying attention, or just being awake.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 18, 2006 11:44
I think MGS4 is gonna rock, Kojima knows his shit. Hopefully we' ll see a multiplayer for the 360.

Oh, and KiLLeR, it transpired a while ago that Tim Miller wasn' t referring to Killzone at all, he was talking about I-8.

Do you even know what I' m talking about. maybe in another interview. have you watched the interview im talking about? he was referring to Killzone cuz he talked about it for 5 minutes with the interviewer. anyways, believe what u want.

I can' t wait for E3. Man it seemed like yesterday when I was going all over the place, reading up reviews and shit on websites about E3 2005. This E3 will be much better though and I think all three consoles will have playable demos. well the 360 obviously, I meant the ps3 and the rev.
Nitro

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 00:22
Fuck! No dude i was wrong. For some reason i had it in my head that you were talking about Jack Tretton (SCEA' s Vice President).

My bad!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 01:28
Ooops yeah, wrong about Blur / Scotland etc

More here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killzone_PS3

Point about prerendered still stands tho ;-)
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 02:18
Wow! Wikipedia has got a link to a Kikizo video.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 06:12
Whats Kikizo?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 06:24
It' s not just a gaming site, it' s a way of Life.
Nitro

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 06:31
It' s home
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 07:09
It' s a crippling chemical reliance...

anyways, yeah wiki has alot of kikizo videos. killzone 2/3/whatever they' re calling the ps3 release for instance, although they don' t have one on kikizo itself. Kikizo forum posters, ASSEMBLE!!! no, okay, creepy cartoon flashback over.
I think that kojima will definately make sure that there' re multiple camera systems for those who find the subsistence camera more suitable. and as for the
A) pre-rendered
B) cgi
C) realtime cutscene
D) full-motion-video
Pick your buzzword. as for that, I' m of two minds. One part of me thinks that it will look like less than what was displayed. and the other half of me, because of this video here,

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200509/074.asp?f=074.asp
(scroll down to the video that says,
" Realtime demo by Hideo Kojima at TGS with English subtitles (hi quality)"
where they stopped the video, rotated the camera, and changed the lighting, which make' s me think that almost anything is possible with next gen.

it also makes me think that the particle effects, filters, and ragdoll seen in the trailer will be legit. ah well, hurry up sony, we need news!!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 07:56
It looks like it' s all about effects (mapping,lightning,particles,shading) this time - last time it was all about polys/s with some effects (much more on X)
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 08:19
I just don' t understand why would sony give massive lies to people ?? i mean who are they trying to fool anyway?? people like me?? well basing on the previous experience , PS2 delivered what it promised and even more but if it' s not the case this time with the ps3 then i will know, websites are evrywhere , truth can' t be hidden .

if they try to fool the mainstream gamer, or just casual gamers, then probably these people didn' t have even a look at E3, they don' t give a damn to those things, all they want is a fun game , they might not even care about its name, those people don' t botehr to go to websites or magazines to look for videos , screens and previews , they just don' t give a damn !! so killzone video does not even exist to them and believe me the few of them who know about it say things like " yeaaah it' s fake that' s not the gameplay " well it' s not like they smart but they believe that PGR3 or gran turismo 4 or fight night round 3 etc... are all fake

pretty ironic i think ....
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 09:53
Well,remember that sonys strong front has never been on doing fps games,their main genre is RPG which they still control with a iron grip.
Gonna be intresting to see what PS3 can do with the rpg genre.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 14:45
what' s even more interesting is to see what the 360 is gonna do in the rpg scene. They seem to be promising up to now, with the announced titles, a good start anyway, but nothing concrete as of yet.

sony' s obviously lying just to get people to buy their product. it' s called marketing, u lie, u bend the truth, u overhype. In the end, it' s still gonna be a powerful system, with a shitload of games to choose from.

Off topic:
For you canadians: MS is buying BlockBuster. MS now wants to get in the movie renting scene too. I guess they wanna stick their nose everywhere. And Walmart is buying off Sears, just like they did with The Bay. They might also wanna buy The Dominion, but that' s not confirmed yet. American business is taking over Canadian business. Coors is in partnership with Molson, but I have a feeling Coors will be buying off Molson soon. Tim Hortons merged with Wendy' s. Just thought it' d be interesting to know.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 19, 2006 18:01
I hope the Rev will have more RPGs than the GC. But I don' t know if that controller is any better for RPGs than a regular controller.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 14, messages 141 to 160 of 264

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll