Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 THE PSP SAGA
Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 20 of 123
Zeeshan Ali

• Total Posts : 24
THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 06:20
Guys whats happeneing to Sony, since the launch of the Sony PSP it has sucked since then, there is alot of controversy whether people are getting ripped off. GTA Liberty City Stories has been No.1 on the PSP chart of many many months. Game producers need to have a thought before they make a game because games which are being produced for the Sony PSP just go into the flop zone as soon as the launch date. At least GTA is keeping hopes for the PSP. Nintendo DS Lite is coherently doing better than the PSP which shows there must be something wrong. I bought SONY PSP in the lauch date in September in the UK, i got a lot of games but the best I have is GTA liberty city stories, apparently but I cant wait for GTA Vice City Stories. WOOT!!! WOOT!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 06:25
Hooray for staying on topic in your own post. Woot Woot!

Anyways, Sony has been nailing their own coffin shut ever since the PSP' s release. Few good 1st party games, a terrible proprietary format, and low battery life don' t really make the better visuals worth it to me. When the sequel hits, with either cartridge/memory stick based games, or downloadable games, then I' ll look interested, but untill that time, the PSP is nothing but a nice video & music player that can play emulators.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 07:44
PSP would' ve been nice but handhelds and loading just dont go well, if it wasnt for that I would probably have one but the loading times kill me.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 07:55
I just bought a PSP, the other day, and I' m very satisfied with my buy.

The load times weren' t as bad as I expected, the graphics were shockingly good, my favourite game so far is Virtua Tennis World Tour, wich is incredible fun, even tough I usually ain' t interested in Tennis games..
I' ve only tested GTA LCS, Tekken, Ridge Racer and Virtua Tennis so far, I' ve also got Dynasty Warriors and Tales of Eternia lying around, but I have kind of got bitten by the Tennis-game-madness, and not gotten around to test the others yet..

We got a chart of ' Top 10 handheld games' (PSP, DS, GBA) in Norway, based on sales numbers according to our biggest newspaper:

The PSP-games there are,
Rank 3. Tekken: Dark Resurection - Last week: rank 2, 2 weeks on the list
Rank 6: Cars - Last week: rank 4, 2 weeks on the list 7 (Numbers include DS, GBA-version too)
Rank 9: GTA - Liberty City stories - Last week: 6, weeks on list: 44
Rank 10: Daxter (Last week: ?, weeks on list: 22)

(http://www.vg.no/spill/topp10handholdt.hbs)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 08:15

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

I just bought a PSP, the other day, and I' m very satisfied with my buy.

The load times weren' t as bad as I expected...

Is that a joke?

They' re fine in Ridge Racer and Tekken Dark Resurrection but most PSP games have stupidly long loading times. Also, most games simply aren' t formatted for playing on the move. The archaic save system in GTA for example requires you to go back to your house/flat/whatever to save. When some missions are pretty long, and then you have to trek all the way back to save, it kind of defeats the whole object of playing to kill 5 minutes while you' re waiting for whatever.

Sony need to release better batteries too. DS can run for 15+ hours and PSP can run for less than 3 (when playing games). It' s a joke.

That said, PSP is pretty kickass and there are some nice looking games just around the corner.
silverthornne

• Total Posts : 12
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 08:24
I love my PSP, but its battery life does suck. I don' t really have a problem with games that require a save spot or something to save the data; PSP has a very good sleep mode that I use when I need to put a game down before I hit a save point and I' ve actually run out of battery while playing and once I charge it and switch it back on, the game continues where I left off - it just goes to sleep. Pretty cool.

Anyway, if the games were cheaper (it' s only a $5 difference for a PS2 title here in Puerto Rico most of the time, and some companies like EA do realease them over the $49 mark), the battery lasted longer, the system was cheaper, and the d-pad didn' t suck I think it would be really good. Damn that' s a lot of conditions huh?

Needless to say I have both the DS and the PSP, and at the end of the day I play my PSP a lot more - it just has more of the gameplay I like. Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins, Capcom Classics Collection, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man Powered Up, Valkyrie Profile, Gradius Collection, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Darkstalkers, SFA 3 - they' re all very fun, very good games. For my DS I mostly just play New Super Mario Bros., Castlevania DoS, and Mega Man ZX now. Yea, I prefer traditional 2D gameplay most of the time and for some surprising reason the PSP is delivering it in spades so far...
KongRudi

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 09:00

Is that a joke?

They' re fine in Ridge Racer and Tekken Dark Resurrection but most PSP games have stupidly long loading times. Also, most games simply aren' t formatted for playing on the move.

No, I havn' t played so many different games yet..
Starting up the game usually takes a minute or two, but I use the sleep-function, whenever i end my gaming session, and when i start up again, it' s back usually within 2 or 3 seconds.
I' ve been reading on the web, and everyone yelled about loading-times, but I havn' t been bothered about it yet.

Sony need to release better batteries too. DS can run for 15+ hours and PSP can run for less than 3 (when playing games). It' s a joke.

Is there some kind of special batteries in the ' giga pack' , wich I bought?
I played for around 3 active hours at work yesterday, and around 3 active hours when I got back home, then the battery-light started blinking, and I plugged in the AC-adapter and continued to play while it charged. :-/
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 09:01
I personally didn' t like handhelds until I got the DS about two months ago. Reason is that it seemed the handheld was trying hard to simluate what a home councle could do...but with worse graphics. So, on trips...I got into these things called books.

So, bascially when I bought the DS is was on the fact that it was something I couldn' t do on an Xbox or PS2.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 11:11

They' re fine in Ridge Racer and Tekken Dark Resurrection but most PSP games have stupidly long loading times. Also, most games simply aren' t formatted for playing on the move. The archaic save system in GTA for example requires you to go back to your house/flat/whatever to save. When some missions are pretty long, and then you have to trek all the way back to save, it kind of defeats the whole object of playing to kill 5 minutes while you' re waiting for whatever.

USe a fucking iso use a fucking iso, this will reduce considerably the loading times and save your batery life, use iso' s use iso' s, it' s totaly legal as long as you have the original
use isos use the fucking isos goddam it how many time should i repeat that ??
silverthornne

• Total Posts : 12
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 12:55
So how can I make a fucking ISO, as you so eloquently put it?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 13:27

The load times weren' t as bad as I expected...

umm yeah.. have you ever tried playing a hell in a cell match with a created player on smackdown vs raw 06?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 15:23

Original: Mastachefbkw

umm yeah.. have you ever tried playing a hell in a cell match with a created player on smackdown vs raw 06?

LMAO. Literally 5 minutes later... " damn it Im gonna go get something to eat..."

Original: Silverthornne

So how can I make a fucking ISO, as you so eloquently put it?

Its much simpler to download the ISO than to make it, so I would use that route. For legal reasons Im required to say you must own the actual game to do this (wink, wink). You then put the ISO on a memory stick. You can find guides around the net for specifics cough*googleit*cough
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 8 Oct 06 7:26:19 >
KongRudi

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 17:39

I' ve allready got SvR' 06 on PS2, so I didn' t bother to buy it for my PSP..
But I can imagine that loadtimes for SvR' 06 are pretty long, it took ages on PS2 atleast, especially since I' m the kind of person who must have the movies for each fighter turned on, since I like to watch them while rolling a cigarette or taking a zip of coffee or doing other real unhealthy stuff, before I start the healthy finger-training... :-/
KongRudi

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 18:26

Its much simpler to download the ISO than to make it, so I would use that route. For legal reasons... blabla.. (wink, wink). You then ... You can find guides around the net for specifics cough*googleit*cough

It might be simple, but it might have bad consequences, you do leave trails on the internet.
If you ever gets suspected for a crime, you are basically writing your own search warrant, as soon as you enter those websites.
And if you get in court, you will not only have to answer for that particular crime, you will also have to answer for stolen property located on your computer, and it reflects badly on you.
Most likely, if the police suspected anyone named Danny Martin in Virginia, USA for a crime, all they had to do were show the judge this thread, aswell as your profile, and they' d probably be granted access to his house.
So if you can afford the games, it' s abit far to go to shorten the loadtimes.

The games also gets quicker ' Greatest hits' , the more people wich buys them instead of pirate them, and in the long run we get cheaper games.
So telling people how to pirate isn' t really helping anyone.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 21:59
I love my PSP. It' s great in every way. Except for that damn d-pad...
Like Abasoufiane said once; it' s more like four buttons than a d-pad.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 22:03

I love my PSP. It' s great in every way.

Lying to yourself doesnt make it any better
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 23:09
I really want to play Locoroco and Mgs:port ops.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 23:57
listen up guys , i' ve been having a PSP for 3 months now and i played almost all the interesting titles you can find on this console, i' ll just highligh the bad things about this console...

very Bad D pad for fighting games

very bad analog stick, this is the worse analog stick ever, i though nintendo got this award , but man this PSp analog made me sick.

it' s not confortable in hands you will realize this after 30 mins of playime.

the square button is sometimes annoynig.

extremly few AAA titles and even those are subject to debate...

as a music player it sucks ....

you ABSOLUTLY need 2Gb memory stick or more otherwise this console is garbage..

SO FAR NO PSP ABOVE firmware version 1.5 WORTHs THE MONEY.

no emulation for firmware 2.8 YET, thus future games might not be run as isos.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:03

Original: Kong Rudi

It might be simple, but it might have bad consequences, you do leave trails on the internet.
If you ever gets suspected for a crime, you are basically writing your own search warrant, as soon as you enter those websites.

Uh huh? Did you miss the part where I said you had to own the actual game? Under the Digital Millinium Act signed by Good Ol' Bill (Clinton) its perfectly legal to back up digital media you already own, this includes downloading something you own. You really should check out www.eff.org if you want info on legalities of such things.

And yes, you do leave trails. Unless you go through an anonymizer website. Or you could always use Peer Guardian to ensure no Govt, MPAA, or RIAA site can see whats on your computer. The govt isnt all powerful, theyre not gonna devote half the CIA to figuring out who downloaded some ISO' s, so use your common sense and you' ll be fine. Not that I condone this. And in America, this could not be used in court under the 5th ammendment. PWNED! lol
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:14
I have WiPEOuT, Virtua Tennis and Metal Gear Acid... I can only play Virtua Tennis.

My friend now has it..
Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 20 of 123

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread