Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 THE PSP SAGA
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 123
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 05:02
Hahahaha!

How much difference does it make if it' s loading from a memory stick though? Are we talking an extra hour or two?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 06:27
well you say the loadings are so long on umd' s, i haven' t tried to play with a umd yet, the point is , i don' t complain at all, it' s much much faster than ps2 in most games using the memory stick.
Zeeshan Ali

• Total Posts : 24
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 16:15
Hi, can you please tell me the emulators and homebrew websites, thank you very much
Zeeshan Ali

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 16:17
Sorry guys, please ignore the above message. thanks and i apologise thank one again!!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 16:18
I dont think homebrew is illegal!

Zeeshan Ali

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 16:25
Whether if its illegal or not, we dont know. Sony or all the other companies should release a statement about homebrew games. Whether it turns out to be legal or illegal. We cannot judge something by its cover of the book. So in my point of view homebew and emulators is legal, unless a statement goes ahead.
Nitro

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 16:31

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I dont think homebrew is illegal!

*Rolls Eyes*

It' s not, but running an app that uses known exploits to overcome the systems security features is illegal. Whether it' s firmware flash files or eLoader or some other way of getting stuff running on a machine with firmware after 1.5.

If you can find a PSP with 1.5 on it, then you can do whatever you like as long as you' re not using emulators or roms/isos.

Downgrading is illegal, and breaking any kind of security is illegal.

It' s not like it matters though because they wouldn' t care about you even if they knew you were doing it. We just can' t discuss the specifics.
Nitro

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 16:42
Vx Chemical

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 16:49
breaking security and chipping consoles isnt illegal in denmark, hell stores sell chipped Xbox' s with 160gp drives in them! Pirating games is ofcourse illegal though
Nitro

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 17:25

breaking security and chipping consoles isnt illegal in denmark, hell stores sell chipped Xbox' s with 160gp drives in them! Pirating games is ofcourse illegal though

LINK
Vx Chemical

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 18:11
Well if it is a EU directive, it isnt enforced here! It' s a silly directive too, its my product, i should be able to do what the hell i want with it!
Nitro

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 18:13

Well if it is a EU directive, it isnt enforced here! It' s a silly directive too, its my product, i should be able to do what the hell i want with it!

I agree, which is why i sent Zeeshan Ali links to where he can get what he needs.
Zeeshan Ali

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 12, 2006 01:49
I dont think that homebrew and emulators is illegal. Ebay wouldnt let people sell these if they knew it was illegal. Its a big company they can do whatever they like. Sony should also release a statement, I dont think they have so it must be legal. You cannot say whether if its illegal or legal without no evidence so people can do what ever they like.
Abasoufiane

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 12, 2006 02:14
the number of interesting titles on GBA is much greater than those on PSP so far, so i' m really enjoying the emulator GPSP 0.8, this is the latest version and it runs great, after playing and finishing both advanced wars, no i' m playing castlelvania aria of sorrows .
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 12, 2006 02:58

I dont think that homebrew and emulators is illegal
Homebrew & emulators are totally legal, however, how you get homebrew onto a PSP, & actual ROM' s are definately illegal, It' s how people get away with their emulator sites with homebrew games

Ebay wouldnt let people sell these if they knew it was illegal.

They can' t monitor the hundreds of thousands of purchases made on the site, & for that, I' m thankful.

the number of interesting titles on GBA is much greater than those on PSP so far, so i' m really enjoying the emulator GPSP 0.8, this is the latest version and it runs great, after playing and finishing both advanced wars, no i' m playing castlelvania aria of sorrows .
I was thinking of getting one for the video & music playback, & if I happen to use it to play games originally liscenced by nintendo...
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 11 Oct 06 19:01:48 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 12, 2006 03:23
Is breaking your PSP, and then not fixing it because it' s a Sony product illegal?

Or is it just stupid and petty?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 12, 2006 05:07

I think DS has better titles than PSP, and thats saying somthing
Abasoufiane

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 12, 2006 05:25
only by few titles, and it' s those few that makes the difference, still psp has so many other advantages, i love it so far, and the GBA emulator breathed a new life into it.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 12, 2006 08:34

only by few titles, and it' s those few that makes the difference, still psp has so many other advantages, i love it so far, and the GBA emulator breathed a new life into it.

What are those advantages? if your talking about the fact that it can play GBA emulators thats pretty sad when you can go buy a gba or ds for about half the price
Abasoufiane

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 12, 2006 09:51
i' ll tell you what i can do with my PSP taht i bought for 350 dollar (2Go memeoryy stick included)

FIRST OF ALL:

1) play PSP games, some great titles such as luminies, loco roco, virtua tennis, ridge racer , wipe out, daxter, GTA, tales of eternia, valkyrie profile...

THEN

2) for potentialy great games in the futur such as metal gear solid ops

3) for playing all emulators, specialy the GBA advance, it' s a whole library of games that i got for free.

4) it' s a music player, not on par with he IPOD that is obvious , still it' s always nice to have this good option.

5) i can see videos or movies and it looks fantastic on that screen.

6) futur connection with PS3 in mind.

7) futur PSone emulator

8) how about the pictures, nice to have the option hun?

9) connect to a wifi spot.

10) and i got aaaall this for free , see that' s why I love my PSP. sure it could do much better than that in terms of true psp games, it has the potential but still for the money i paid , it' s awesome, how much does it cost an ipod and for what ?? a music ?? now that' s so fucking expensive...
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 123

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message