Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 THE PSP SAGA
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 123
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 17, 2006 11:06

LOL. NICE RIDDLE. IVE GOT ONE TOO.
THIS HANDHELD GAME CONSOLE SUCKS.... IT BEGINS WITH AN ' N' AND ENDS WITH A ' INTENDO DS' . GOT IT YET??? IF NOT GOOGLE IT!!!

Well the DS may not have a whole lot of great games but atleast it has some unlike certain handhelds *PSP*

THIS HANDHELD GAME CONSOLE RULEEZZ!!!...IT BEGINS WITH A ' S' AND ENDS WITH A ' ONY PSP' . GOT IT YET??? IF NOT YAHOO IT!!!

Peice of Shit Portable? yezzz manzz it RULEEZZZESSEZZZZZZ! It begings with a, deet deh dee........ , PSP sucks, all it is is a ps1 with a small portable screen, other than that it can be used as an mp3 player, however you can buy an ipod for cheeper
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 17, 2006 18:31
You need to get yourself a PSP because you clearly don' t know shit about it or its games.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 17, 2006 21:47
The PSP is SAVED!!! MYST is now out for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 17, 2006 22:02
The fanboyism here is extending to portables?!

Well, quite simply; Nintendo DS > Sony PSP > Microsoft' s nothing

PSP is awesome. The first and second generation of games mostly sucked but there are some cool games out now (Tekken: Dark Resurrection) and some even cooler ones coming (Metal Gear: Portable Ops). These kind of games are what Sony initially promised and they' re finally delivering.

It has flaws to be sure, the analog nub sucks and UMD is teh gay, ...but console quality handheld gaming is nothing to smirk at.
Duffman

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 17, 2006 22:04

I' m only taking the piss Majik.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 17, 2006 22:08

ORIGINAL: Duffman

I' m only taking the piss Majik.

It wasn' t directed at you dude
Duffman

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 17, 2006 22:09

It wasn' t directed at you dude

Sorry Majik. My mistake
< Message edited by Duffman -- 17 Oct 06 14:13:21 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 18, 2006 05:54

Peice of Shit Portable? yezzz manzz it RULEEZZZESSEZZZZZZ! It begings with a, deet deh dee........ , PSP sucks

It' s not a POS, but to say that " THIS HANDHELD GAME CONSOLE RULEEZZ!!!..." is just a little bit overboard. The PSP has some nice titles, and the video/emulator possibilities are appealing, but for one, you can hardy call emulators a feature, and two, a nice video player and a handfull of AAA games really isn' t enough to warrant what they' re asking for.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 18, 2006 06:43

but for one, you can hardy call emulators a feature,

so you ( if not you then many other people) are making all the fuss about the " virtual console" that the wii got , houuuhhaaaaa oooh my god i can play snes and nes game on my 27 inch screen, but when it comes to the psp offering it for free (illegal but that' s not the point cus we' re discussing the benefit) then it' s meeeeh...
hardly a feature !! sure the emulation is not always 100% perfect but snes , genesis, GBA emulators are almost perfect if not in many of their games.

i would prefer to play zelda (or any GBA game on PSP ) much much more than i would on the wii because a handheld would suit perfectly those kind of games..

so you get psp games, videos, music , photos , emulations, homebrew games (it matters for some people ), other cool application, ability to surf on the internet and say 2go memory stick for 300 dollar or even less !! HOW MUCH DOES A HIGH END IPOD COST ????
PSP is exepensive for many people but surely it deserves it. heck even PS2 is exepensive for some people ...
mastachefbkw

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 18, 2006 10:00

It' s not a POS, but to say that " THIS HANDHELD GAME CONSOLE RULEEZZ!!!..." is just a little bit overboard. The PSP has some nice titles, and the video/emulator possibilities are appealing, but for one, you can hardy call emulators a feature, and two, a nice video player and a handfull of AAA games really isn' t enough to warrant what they' re asking for.

Yes it does have a few good titles, but what im trying to put out is why buy them on the psp when i can get them on a console with way faster load times

so you get psp games, videos, music , photos , emulations, homebrew games (it matters for some people ), other cool application, ability to surf on the internet and say 2go memory stick for 300 dollar or even less !! HOW MUCH DOES A HIGH END IPOD COST ????
PSP is exepensive for many people but surely it deserves it. heck even PS2 is exepensive for some people ...

The ipod video, has 30 gb for $300, unless its came down
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 18, 2006 18:56

Yes it does have a few good titles, but what im trying to put out is why buy them on the psp when i can get them on a console with way faster load times

Beacause you can play it on the go, portable, away from home, on the train!
F*** are you stupid or something? Did you buy a PSP to play it AT HOME!?!?!?!
Or do you take your PS2 with you when you go out? You play PS2 on the train?
Why the hell do you have a cell phone when you can call from a regular phone ? - Because you can take the cell phone with you, stupid!
But the PSP also has great games that you can only get on the PSP:
Tekken DR, Syphon Filter, Daxter, Ridge Racer, LocoRoco etc. Sure some of them are sequels or spin-offs but many console games are too.

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 18 Oct 06 10:57:33 >
Duffman

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 18, 2006 20:27
The PSP needs more games like LocoRoco and less games like GTA Liberty City Stories if its going to appeal to me. The PSP is good don' t get me wrong but in terms of portability and games the DS does it for me.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 18 Oct 06 12:34:25 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 18, 2006 20:38
Thing about PSP apart from its poor design.. (Pads, grip ETC).. Is Nintendo..

PSP and its developers could of well got away with porting PS2 games and we all would not of known much downsides.

Nintnendo and its DS (and some GBA titles) came into play and showed the world What type of games fits in with your busy schdule.. Nintnedo Produced a new form of Video games that goes hand in hand with ' on the go' gaming..

Cart' s packed full of addictive, clever, intuitive ideas, that you can play for as little as you want but keeps you coming back for more..

Aside Mi-ni-tendo games.. Nintendo' s More classic style of games Such as NSMB and MK:DS are some of their finest titles so far, so that adds even more weight on the PSP/Sony.

Sony got very lucky with its past generation consoles.. (If SEGA saturn wasnt so rushed and hard to develop for, Playstation could of very well been a flop)...

Gladly Sony' s Lack of knowledge of the Handheld market has been fully showed up by the Handheld masters, Nintendo.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 19, 2006 03:44
it doesn' t require a genius to figure out what a gamer would expect from a handheld... so i guess for sony it should be a piece of cake but it fails to deliver what we really expected from the PSP.

key of success:

_more awesome 2d games that truly use the power of PSP.
_much more RPG' s, and i don' t mean rpg' s thay play and look like crap.
_less ports.
_new IP' s specialy designed for the PSP.
_sequels (prequels) or spin offs of our beloved franchises.

when sony will realise this, goodbye DS.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 18 Oct 06 19:45:11 >
mastachefbkw

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 19, 2006 08:11

Beacause you can play it on the go, portable, away from home, on the train!
F*** are you stupid or something? Did you buy a PSP to play it AT HOME!?!?!?!
Or do you take your PS2 with you when you go out? You play PS2 on the train?
Why the hell do you have a cell phone when you can call from a regular phone ? - Because you can take the cell phone with you, stupid!
But the PSP also has great games that you can only get on the PSP:
Tekken DR, Syphon Filter, Daxter, Ridge Racer, LocoRoco etc. Sure some of them are sequels or spin-offs but many console games are too.

Well, lets see, i could buy an original xbox with a screen for $200 and already have games, which is already cheaper than buying a psp. Of course in terms of doing somthing on a long trip or somthing, i have a DS which actually has more than 2 good games on it, it has 4 , and in terms of media, i have a 30 gb ipod video. And to answer your question am i fucking stupid or somthing? no, im not the dumbass that wasted 300+ on a damn ps1 with a screen.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 19, 2006 12:48

no, im not the dumbass that wasted 300+ on a damn ps1 with a screen.

My PSP got a RSS-feeder, it got wireless networking, it got a browser, it got several cool games (only got 6 for now, since it' s only 2 weeks old)...
I don' t recall that sharp and good graphics on PS1 either.. :-/

I also got the UMD-version of the Spiderman 2-movie for free in the mail today, after registering my PSP on yourpsp.com.

I' m using my PSP mostly at work, and feel like I get very much value for my money for it.

The battery-life is good I think, I have been using mine everyday from 6-10 hours, and usually plug in recharge when i go to sleep, atleast Hot Shots-golf, Tales of Eternia, and Virtua Tennis are easily able to play that long.
When I watched Spiderman 2, followed 2 hours of Hot Shots golf, it used around 1/4' th of the batteries (saw it dropped down when playing a mp3' s after that).

So I don' t really understand why I see dozen of people complain about the battery-life, since I' m not having any problems with this long game-sessions.

Is it consuming more battery if you play emulating with a ISO on mem-stick rather than a UMD-game?

mastachefbkw

RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 20, 2006 05:48

My PSP got a RSS-feeder, it got wireless networking, it got a browser, it got several cool games (only got 6 for now, since it' s only 2 weeks old)...
I don' t recall that sharp and good graphics on PS1 either.. :-/

Wireless networking. mmhmm, yeah and how well does that work? exactly. if i can find someone with a psp that can browse at a decent speed, or even at all i would consider Acknowledging it for something.

Several cool games? what GTA: LCS and WWE smackdown vs Raw 06 If your in to that. thats it, oh wait i forgot, its getting GTA:VCS. 3 decent games, that i played 3 years ago. you know what decent game will be next, GTA:SAC because they dont have anything else that sells well enough but downgraded GTA games.

sharp graphics? yeah check out those sharp blobs on the screen. i will admit, It does have the best graphics for a hand held, but is that really saying somthing?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 22, 2006 07:39

so you ( if not you then many other people) are making all the fuss about the " virtual console" that the wii got , houuuhhaaaaa oooh my god i can play snes and nes game on my 27 inch screen, but when it comes to the psp offering it for free (illegal but that' s not the point cus we' re discussing the benefit) then it' s meeeeh...
hardly a feature !! sure the emulation is not always 100% perfect but snes , genesis, GBA emulators are almost perfect if not in many of their games.

Here, let me rephrase. Sony can' t advertise emulators as a feature. Do I like them, yeah. It' s a nice feature, but most people don' t know about it, and it' s not like emulators are going to help sell the psp to the wide market.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 22, 2006 08:24
Sony:

New Sony PSP, Now with all of Nintendos good games! Emulation Perfection!
Zeeshan Ali

• Total Posts : 24
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 24, 2006 04:22
SONY KICKS ASS, EVERONE KNOWS IT, IT OFFERS MORE ETC. I CAN GO ON FOR A WHOLE DAY. NINTENDO IS GOOD BUT THE GRAPHIC ARE UTTER SH**.
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 123

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message