THE PSP SAGA

Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 40 of 123
Zeeshan Ali
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 0
THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 06:20
Guys whats happeneing to Sony, since the launch of the Sony PSP it has sucked since then, there is alot of controversy whether people are getting ripped off. GTA Liberty City Stories has been No.1 on the PSP chart of many many months. Game producers need to have a thought before they make a game because games which are being produced for the Sony PSP just go into the flop zone as soon as the launch date. At least GTA is keeping hopes for the PSP. Nintendo DS Lite is coherently doing better than the PSP which shows there must be something wrong. I bought SONY PSP in the lauch date in September in the UK, i got a lot of games but the best I have is GTA liberty city stories, apparently but I cant wait for GTA Vice City Stories. WOOT!!! WOOT!!!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 06:25
Hooray for staying on topic in your own post. Woot Woot!

Anyways, Sony has been nailing their own coffin shut ever since the PSP' s release. Few good 1st party games, a terrible proprietary format, and low battery life don' t really make the better visuals worth it to me. When the sequel hits, with either cartridge/memory stick based games, or downloadable games, then I' ll look interested, but untill that time, the PSP is nothing but a nice video & music player that can play emulators.

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 07:44
PSP would' ve been nice but handhelds and loading just dont go well, if it wasnt for that I would probably have one but the loading times kill me.

KongRudi
  • Total Posts : 220
  • Reward points : 8255
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 07:55
I just bought a PSP, the other day, and I' m very satisfied with my buy.

The load times weren' t as bad as I expected, the graphics were shockingly good, my favourite game so far is Virtua Tennis World Tour, wich is incredible fun, even tough I usually ain' t interested in Tennis games..
I' ve only tested GTA LCS, Tekken, Ridge Racer and Virtua Tennis so far, I' ve also got Dynasty Warriors and Tales of Eternia lying around, but I have kind of got bitten by the Tennis-game-madness, and not gotten around to test the others yet..

We got a chart of ' Top 10 handheld games' (PSP, DS, GBA) in Norway, based on sales numbers according to our biggest newspaper:

The PSP-games there are,
Rank 3. Tekken: Dark Resurection - Last week: rank 2, 2 weeks on the list
Rank 6: Cars - Last week: rank 4, 2 weeks on the list 7 (Numbers include DS, GBA-version too)
Rank 9: GTA - Liberty City stories - Last week: 6, weeks on list: 44
Rank 10: Daxter (Last week: ?, weeks on list: 22)

(http://www.vg.no/spill/topp10handholdt.hbs)

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 08:15

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

I just bought a PSP, the other day, and I' m very satisfied with my buy.

The load times weren' t as bad as I expected...

Is that a joke?

They' re fine in Ridge Racer and Tekken Dark Resurrection but most PSP games have stupidly long loading times. Also, most games simply aren' t formatted for playing on the move. The archaic save system in GTA for example requires you to go back to your house/flat/whatever to save. When some missions are pretty long, and then you have to trek all the way back to save, it kind of defeats the whole object of playing to kill 5 minutes while you' re waiting for whatever.

Sony need to release better batteries too. DS can run for 15+ hours and PSP can run for less than 3 (when playing games). It' s a joke.

That said, PSP is pretty kickass and there are some nice looking games just around the corner.

silverthornne
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 08:24
I love my PSP, but its battery life does suck. I don' t really have a problem with games that require a save spot or something to save the data; PSP has a very good sleep mode that I use when I need to put a game down before I hit a save point and I' ve actually run out of battery while playing and once I charge it and switch it back on, the game continues where I left off - it just goes to sleep. Pretty cool.

Anyway, if the games were cheaper (it' s only a $5 difference for a PS2 title here in Puerto Rico most of the time, and some companies like EA do realease them over the $49 mark), the battery lasted longer, the system was cheaper, and the d-pad didn' t suck I think it would be really good. Damn that' s a lot of conditions huh?

Needless to say I have both the DS and the PSP, and at the end of the day I play my PSP a lot more - it just has more of the gameplay I like. Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins, Capcom Classics Collection, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man Powered Up, Valkyrie Profile, Gradius Collection, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Darkstalkers, SFA 3 - they' re all very fun, very good games. For my DS I mostly just play New Super Mario Bros., Castlevania DoS, and Mega Man ZX now. Yea, I prefer traditional 2D gameplay most of the time and for some surprising reason the PSP is delivering it in spades so far...

KongRudi
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 09:00

Is that a joke?

They' re fine in Ridge Racer and Tekken Dark Resurrection but most PSP games have stupidly long loading times. Also, most games simply aren' t formatted for playing on the move.

No, I havn' t played so many different games yet..
Starting up the game usually takes a minute or two, but I use the sleep-function, whenever i end my gaming session, and when i start up again, it' s back usually within 2 or 3 seconds.
I' ve been reading on the web, and everyone yelled about loading-times, but I havn' t been bothered about it yet.

Sony need to release better batteries too. DS can run for 15+ hours and PSP can run for less than 3 (when playing games). It' s a joke.

Is there some kind of special batteries in the ' giga pack' , wich I bought?
I played for around 3 active hours at work yesterday, and around 3 active hours when I got back home, then the battery-light started blinking, and I plugged in the AC-adapter and continued to play while it charged. :-/

_Ninja_Protocol_
  • Total Posts : 212
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 09:01
I personally didn' t like handhelds until I got the DS about two months ago. Reason is that it seemed the handheld was trying hard to simluate what a home councle could do...but with worse graphics. So, on trips...I got into these things called books.

So, bascially when I bought the DS is was on the fact that it was something I couldn' t do on an Xbox or PS2.
...Random Madness, Forward...

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 11:11

They' re fine in Ridge Racer and Tekken Dark Resurrection but most PSP games have stupidly long loading times. Also, most games simply aren' t formatted for playing on the move. The archaic save system in GTA for example requires you to go back to your house/flat/whatever to save. When some missions are pretty long, and then you have to trek all the way back to save, it kind of defeats the whole object of playing to kill 5 minutes while you' re waiting for whatever.

USe a fucking iso use a fucking iso, this will reduce considerably the loading times and save your batery life, use iso' s use iso' s, it' s totaly legal as long as you have the original
use isos use the fucking isos goddam it how many time should i repeat that ??

silverthornne
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 12:55
So how can I make a fucking ISO, as you so eloquently put it?

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 13:27

The load times weren' t as bad as I expected...

umm yeah.. have you ever tried playing a hell in a cell match with a created player on smackdown vs raw 06?

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 15:23

Original: Mastachefbkw

umm yeah.. have you ever tried playing a hell in a cell match with a created player on smackdown vs raw 06?

LMAO. Literally 5 minutes later... " damn it Im gonna go get something to eat..."

Original: Silverthornne

So how can I make a fucking ISO, as you so eloquently put it?

Its much simpler to download the ISO than to make it, so I would use that route. For legal reasons Im required to say you must own the actual game to do this (wink, wink). You then put the ISO on a memory stick. You can find guides around the net for specifics cough*googleit*cough
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 8 Oct 06 7:26:19 >
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

KongRudi
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 17:39

I' ve allready got SvR' 06 on PS2, so I didn' t bother to buy it for my PSP..
But I can imagine that loadtimes for SvR' 06 are pretty long, it took ages on PS2 atleast, especially since I' m the kind of person who must have the movies for each fighter turned on, since I like to watch them while rolling a cigarette or taking a zip of coffee or doing other real unhealthy stuff, before I start the healthy finger-training... :-/

KongRudi
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 18:26

Its much simpler to download the ISO than to make it, so I would use that route. For legal reasons... blabla.. (wink, wink). You then ... You can find guides around the net for specifics cough*googleit*cough

It might be simple, but it might have bad consequences, you do leave trails on the internet.
If you ever gets suspected for a crime, you are basically writing your own search warrant, as soon as you enter those websites.
And if you get in court, you will not only have to answer for that particular crime, you will also have to answer for stolen property located on your computer, and it reflects badly on you.
Most likely, if the police suspected anyone named Danny Martin in Virginia, USA for a crime, all they had to do were show the judge this thread, aswell as your profile, and they' d probably be granted access to his house.
So if you can afford the games, it' s abit far to go to shorten the loadtimes.

The games also gets quicker ' Greatest hits' , the more people wich buys them instead of pirate them, and in the long run we get cheaper games.
So telling people how to pirate isn' t really helping anyone.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 21:59
I love my PSP. It' s great in every way. Except for that damn d-pad...
Like Abasoufiane said once; it' s more like four buttons than a d-pad.

mastachefbkw
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 22:03

I love my PSP. It' s great in every way.

Lying to yourself doesnt make it any better

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 23:09
I really want to play Locoroco and Mgs:port ops.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 08, 2006 23:57
listen up guys , i' ve been having a PSP for 3 months now and i played almost all the interesting titles you can find on this console, i' ll just highligh the bad things about this console...

very Bad D pad for fighting games

very bad analog stick, this is the worse analog stick ever, i though nintendo got this award , but man this PSp analog made me sick.

it' s not confortable in hands you will realize this after 30 mins of playime.

the square button is sometimes annoynig.

extremly few AAA titles and even those are subject to debate...

as a music player it sucks ....

you ABSOLUTLY need 2Gb memory stick or more otherwise this console is garbage..

SO FAR NO PSP ABOVE firmware version 1.5 WORTHs THE MONEY.

no emulation for firmware 2.8 YET, thus future games might not be run as isos.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:03

Original: Kong Rudi

It might be simple, but it might have bad consequences, you do leave trails on the internet.
If you ever gets suspected for a crime, you are basically writing your own search warrant, as soon as you enter those websites.

Uh huh? Did you miss the part where I said you had to own the actual game? Under the Digital Millinium Act signed by Good Ol' Bill (Clinton) its perfectly legal to back up digital media you already own, this includes downloading something you own. You really should check out www.eff.org if you want info on legalities of such things.

And yes, you do leave trails. Unless you go through an anonymizer website. Or you could always use Peer Guardian to ensure no Govt, MPAA, or RIAA site can see whats on your computer. The govt isnt all powerful, theyre not gonna devote half the CIA to figuring out who downloaded some ISO' s, so use your common sense and you' ll be fine. Not that I condone this. And in America, this could not be used in court under the 5th ammendment. PWNED! lol
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:14
I have WiPEOuT, Virtua Tennis and Metal Gear Acid... I can only play Virtua Tennis.

My friend now has it..
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:16
I feel like buying a PSP but I will resist.

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:16
what do u mena you CAN only play virtue tennis?

Tiz
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:18
Wipeout starts cheating after a while..

Metal Gear Acid is a card game...

Maybe I should rephrase it to:

" I will only play Virtua Tennis"

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:20
now it makes sense .. may be you should try luminies , a very addictive games or just use GBA emulators that rocks!!

Tiz
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:21
Anything that involves modifications I don' t really go near.

I might try luminies, need to make that expensive version feel like it
was justified..

Any other games that aren' t part of the emulation/modification bandwagon?

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 01:27
well... Loco roco then it' s a good game... damn PSP is in coma, i don' t know what the hell is wrong with sony... try the xman RPG it' s good ... damn i' l go back to my final fantasy 12 and okami... sweet sweet PS2

Zeeshan Ali
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 03:23
Probably the PSP highlights of the year, this is what games I personally feel that are going to be good, games which will hopefully be released by the end of the 2006 year.

Ridge Racer 2: may prove to be top in the PSP charts but we shouldnt count the chickens too soon as the first RIDGE RACER was not high enough in the charts.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories: this will now definitely be top in the PSP CHARTS, and I think GTA Liberty City Stories will only drop down to second spot.
Need For Speed: Carbon Own The City:this may prove a hit on the PSP console but more people will prefer to buy it on a different platform, coherently the PS2. We should not forget that NFS Rivals and Most Wanted were kind of flops too.
Killzone: Liberation: PROVED to be a favourite on the PS2, but will people want to take the risk to buy it on the PSP?
The Getaway:everyone knows the London based super hit game, the gameplay may be the same, but will anyone afford to pay £30 on it when its worth about £5 on ps2 now...?
Pro Evolution Soccer 6:will this lead to the same direction as pro evo 5 on the psp console. it may be proved to be wrong because if pro evo turns out to be popular in the other platforms it may high fly the charts.
Prince Of Persia: Rival Swords: prince of persia dont seem to get the grip, i only prefered the 1st one on ps2.
Sonic Rivals: sonic may prove to be a hit as SEGA always does...
The Sims 2:pets: gamers have always loved their sims, hardcore gamers or casual, they all like them.

Thats it from me for the time being, there are more great coming which I personnaly feel that are going to be good, but it will all be upon the type of audience which will buy the game :)

mastachefbkw
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 06:36

now it makes sense .. may be you should try luminies , a very addictive games or just use GBA emulators that rocks!!

Pretty sad when you cant make a system good with out another company' s games isnt it?

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 07:45
Today guys is a big day for the PSP homebrew community, i among thousands others upgraded to firmware 2.71 while keeping access to all 1.5 hoembrews, Dark alex did a great job and now i have 2.71 PSP that is sooo coool .

for all 1.5 owners you really should consider that, sure you taking a risk but so far nobody reported a brick , everybody is happy .

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 08:18
seriously, surely a large number of people do it, but should we openly be discussing copying/downloading of games on a gaming forum.. I know a lot of other forums are against illegal activity and it being associated with their site..
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 08:20
dude give me break, all i' m saying here is totaly legal, do of your psp what you want, flash or brick it or dump yyour firmware it' s your business .

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 08:52
I do not have a PSP, find it very uncomfortable and not worthy of the price tag. Do have a DS that gets a little attention now and again though.

I don' t care what you do with your PSP ps2 or anything else, just saying that is it allowed within this gaming forum to be discussing downloading etc? my comment was not directed entirely at you so chill out just a general comment.

NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 09:03
and i was talking in general , we didn' t discuss on how to do it we just said there is a possibility that' s all, and most of us here know this and those who don' t must be living in a cave.

Zeeshan Ali
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 09, 2006 23:52
I do not know where to get homebrewq games from... i got 2 psp' s, one white and other black. The black has 2.81 firmware and is purely clean while the other is 1.5 but I do not know where to get homebrew games from, the only websites which offer them say that you must pay for them. anyone got any good webiste. thanks

Nitro
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 00:08
Playing ISO' s on your PSP is ILLEGAL. Yes, you may own a copy of a game you purchased, but the loader used to launch the game exploits the units security features, and THAT is 100% illegal.

In fact, making a copy of a game requires you to break through the security features on the UMD and THAT is illegal too.

Every time this is discussed somebody brings up the old " but i can do it if i already own the game bullshit" and yet people still get sued for copying games. Why? Because it' s fucking illegal.

anyone got any good webiste

If you want to know then you need to PM somebody. A link to a site where firmware exploits, roms, iso' s and other homebrew that overcomes PSP' s security fetures can' t be posted here.

Zeeshan Ali
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 00:18
Anyways thanks about this comment. I was only trying to find out. Lets move onto another topic.

PSP gets its own brain training game:The mainstream success of the DS can be at least partly attributed to the rabid uptake of Dr Kawashima' s Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain?

Nintendo' s game has been an enormous hit, consistently selling more than 50,000 copies a week.

This brain training game may prove to be a success hence 50,000 copies of the DS version are being sold each week. I hope it does because I want the PSP to get into track and once again go ahead of the DS.

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 00:20
you knkow what magic? I DON' T GIVE A f**K to their laws , all i use is common sense if i own the game, i can play with my iso' s pretty simple, no stealing no shit becaused you paid for the game already ok? they can say whetever they want to, here in my country i' m protected , i don' t know about your countries and their laws... anyway there is a new GBA emulator just released yesterday and it' s working awesome, beter than the last one, full speed and compatibility with the option to save whenever you want to... in a way it is even beter than GB SP !! see that' s how it' s great having a PSP .

Zeeshan Ali
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 02:53
What is the 1st best game on PSP in different countries, people post your views stating your designted countries too.
In England Gta Liberty City Stories has been top in the charts for many many months. Im fed up now as I want game developers to release a better and worthwhile game.

Nitro
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 02:56
Dude, i' m not saying ISO' s are fully illegal. They' re controversial but they' re not what i' m getting at.

It' s illegal to bypass the UMD copy protection, and the PSP' s security features.

I use eLoader too, but it' s not legal. I don' t use it for ISO' s though, just for homebrew, though i' m not saying people shuldn' t use it for ISO' s, especially people like yourself.

You should remember that when everybody else was saying that piracy is wrong and there shouldn' t be any exceptions, that it was me who backed your viewpoint as you have little access to games from both a geographicaland financial perspective. Why should you miss out?!

But while it' s ok to discuss this topic vaguely, and it' s one of the more interesting topics - neither of us can post links publically to the sites where we get our homebrew or emulators.

Abasoufiane
RE: THE PSP SAGA - Oct 10, 2006 04:25
i agree with you magic and thanks for the understanding of the situation here, and i agree with you posting links here is prohibited.

just telling you magic that if i were you i would use devhook for exemple to play iso' s as long as i have the original (since technicaly you' re not stealing because you bought the game) and thus you would benefit from that, short loading times (smetimes none) and you save your battery power... i just think it' s really worth it, but if this will endanger your life , i will restrain as well..

Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 40 of 123