Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any real gamer wants a PS3
Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 20 of 144
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 23, 2007 21:46
According to Sony' s Director of Corporate Communications in an interview with Gamepro. Now I thought we' d seen the back of this sort of arrogance from Sony. Apparently forumites like us are responsible for dissing the PS3 and causing it to sell less well than expected.

Apparently we should all have lapped up Cell, Blu-ray, 1080p and such like sycophantic poodles.

So a question, are you a real gamer, and do you want a PS3, and why? (actually that' s three questions, but you get my drift).

So my response would be: Yes, No, because it doesn' t offer anything I need that my 360 can do at the moment for all at extra money.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 23, 2007 21:53
How do you define a " real gamer" , I have been playing computer games and console games since the mid 70' s.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 23 May 07 13:53:55 >
Ornodeal

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 23, 2007 21:59
Not my words, it was in the interview. I wouldn' t like to define what a real gamer is, we all have different backgrounds - my gaming goes back to the original Atari video consoles, but then I have much less recent console experience than most here. So the question really is do you consider yourself a real gamer (I think 99% of the peopl on this forum would say yes)?
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 23, 2007 22:35
Been gaming daily since the master system days. The only generation I missed out on was with Saturn and PS1.

I would say of myself that I am a real gamer considering over the years I' ve been playing games as good as every day. The longest I' ve been without playing a game would be something like 3 days or so.

This is exactly why I hate Sony. I don' t hate PS. But I do hate Sony. A bunch of arrogant motherf*ckers. So now everyone that doesn' t own a PS3 suddenly ain' t a gamer anymore??

Some friends of mine only game purely on PC they' re gonna have a great laugh when they read this one and then just go play some WoW or Battlefield again.

Sony should learn to keep their mouth shut. Cause recently everything they' ve been saying is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. I almost pitty them for trying so hard to be noticed. If Sony was a dog I would shoot it out of pity. But it isn' t so I guess I' ll just sit back and see them struggle a bit more and pissing more people off.

That should provide me with some more stupid announcements and one liners from them that can make me laugh.

Maybe they should consider making a comedy act instead of making consoles. They' re really doing a great job at it since the PS3 launched.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 23, 2007 23:39

ORIGINAL: Ornodeal

Not my words, it was in the interview. I wouldn' t like to define what a real gamer is, we all have different backgrounds - my gaming goes back to the original Atari video consoles, but then I have much less recent console experience than most here. So the question really is do you consider yourself a real gamer (I think 99% of the peopl on this forum would say yes)?

I am not having a dig at you, 1 man' s or rather person' s view of being a " real gamer" may differ from anothers and this again goes to show how desperate Pony are to get headlines and try and force people into buying their console.
Ornodeal

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 23, 2007 23:55
Yes, I know your comment wasn' t directed personally, but I wasn' t attempting to qualify the comment on what a ' real' gamer was as the article hadn' t either - it is entirely subjective.

It just annoys me that Sony keeps coming out with this sort of stuff that I should somehow be eternally grateful for them allowing me the opportunity to purchase a PS3, and that I' m some sort of work-shy, game-hating, imbecile for not wanting one.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 00:56
Does eveyrone here want a ps3?

Yes.

Does everyone here want a wii and xbox360?

Yes.

Do everyone here wanna pay for them to get them?

No.

I feel that way with ps3.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 03:19
I want every console i can get my dirty hands on, to me its about affordability, i could afford a 360, i could afford a Wii as well, but i cant afford a PS3, and i cant see myself affording one untill i win money or the price drops!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 05:39
You know, I find this the funniest quote from Sony. " Any real gamer wants a PS3" , well sure they do, but can any real gamer afford one? NO.

Do real gamers need Blu-ray? NO. Then this quote just enforces the argument many have had that if they would have just went with a DVD9 the machine would have been cheaper, and more of the real gamers would own a PS3 today. Instead they insisted that Blu-ray is an integral piece to next gen gaming when it is not.

If it really is necessary to have so that you can call your console a next gen machine, then I guess we should all just quit calling the 360 a next gen console because of this.

Having Blu-ray will be great to have. We can see that happening right now with Stranglehold. But again, it is not necessary.

What we really need to focus on is whether Cell and Blu-ray are going to make the PS3 that much better that the 360 in the end.

In short, will the ends justify the means?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 07:15

Some friends of mine only game purely on PC they' re gonna have a great laugh when they read this one and then just go play some WoW

Because WoW is great or something? The PC has a ton of better games than it. Easymode MMO' s 4tl.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 08:33
I' d like a PS3... although there are a maximum of two games that I' d actually want to play on it right now, so it isn' t worth my time. Maybe as the library increases it will be, but certainly not now.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 09:33
hey you all making fuss about nothing

sony said ' a real gamer wants a ps3" and this is true , of course a real gamer will want a ps3, fanboys won' t may be. sony didn' t say " a real gamer will buy a ps3" although it seems like you all understood it that way..

i think sony said that just to shut the bad mouths, as playstation 3 is crap etc ... i' m a real gamer and i want a ps3, i want a 360 as well and the wii...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 09:36
T3h Sighxxor.

Every single company pulls this kind of bull crap, it' s just that they' ve had better reputations lately and they' ll take a couple digs from Sony fans.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 12:31

Every real game should eventually be able to find atleast one game they like on every console and if they are real gamers than chances are they " want" the console. Everyone wants one, they just dont want to pay for one. Just because they want it doesnt mean they absolutely have to have it right away.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 12:34
I want a Panasonic 3do, and an Atari Jaguar. Why? Because they represent a time when everyone was trying to get in the industry, and when it really shifted gears. Would I buy either? No, but it won' t stop me from wanting to have em to go with all my old consoles.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 13:27
Gaming for me started mostly on the PC, then to the PS1. After that, it was mostly handhelds with the GBC, GBA, and now my DS. I got my Xbox, but I' m not playing as much as I' d like to (I don' t have my own TV, and that' s the problem).

I agree, I wouldn' t mind a PS3. Same way I wouldn' t mind an Xbox360, Wii, and any other console, even the oldies cos I like retro games.

But most of all I want my own arcade machine.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 19:05
i wouldn' t go as far as comparing a ps3 with the jaguar

my point is, if you' re not really interested in one of those titles if not most of them:

Metal gear solid4
Final fantasy 13
uncharted
lair
white knight
heavenly sword
god of war 3
gran turismo 5
and whatever ico team cooks up

if you' re not very interested in any of those titles , then you ARE NOT a real gamer.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 19:13
Metal gear solid4 Decent series, i could go for that, but its not a system seller
Final fantasy 13 Jap RPG imo cant compare with what Bioware or Bethesda is doing
uncharted Whats this?
lair This shows promise sometimes, and looks awful at others, im not sure flying around on a dragon all the time is fun
white knight I cant comment havent seen it
heavenly sword Sexy Heroines are good :P
god of war 3 Lets wait for the announcment shall we
gran turismo 5 Meh
and whatever ico team cooks up MMMMMmmm now this is a system seller for me if they keep it in the same style!
Ornodeal

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 19:41
Some of those games are interesting, but none interest me enough to jump ship and lose out on the 360 exclusives I want (Mass Effect, Halo, PGR4, Eternal Sonata), nor go out and spend all that money on an extra machine.

Does that make me a not-real gamer, I don' t think so.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 19:46
I don' t give a shit if I' m a real gamer or not.
I just want to play games and have fun. I mean, pleeeeeease! Who the f*** cares about being branded as a " gamer" anyway?
Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 20 of 144

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message