Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any real gamer wants a PS3
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 3 of 8, messages 41 to 60 of 144
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 07:31
Sony need to drop the " Dustballs" for the PSP, especially if they are going to bring out a new version this year. Also their PS3 ad campaign leaves a lot to be desired, whatever happened to showing the game in a TV advert, instead of the artsy fartsy " This is living" rubbish.

TBH Sony need a " Spin Doctor" to try and turn all this negative publicity into something positive but for the life of me I cannot think of anyone who could do that. Well not in the industry anyway.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 07:42
Yeah the dustballs are infantile, and the this is living stuff is just odd - they really don' t know the demographic they are trying to hit who is prepared to pay for them. Compare that to Nintendo who have pretty much hit their marketing to the right people for both Wii and DS.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 14:57

ORIGINAL: alijay034

Sony need to drop the " Dustballs" for the PSP, especially if they are going to bring out a new version this year. Also their PS3 ad campaign leaves a lot to be desired, whatever happened to showing the game in a TV advert, instead of the artsy fartsy " This is living" rubbish.

TBH Sony need a " Spin Doctor" to try and turn all this negative publicity into something positive but for the life of me I cannot think of anyone who could do that. Well not in the industry anyway.

It wouldn' t be that smart to show game play graphics in advertisements for the PS3 when it is not any better than Xbox 360.
alijay034

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 16:19
If Sony have confidence in their product, then they must go down that route of showing the public what it can do, M$ have done it, as have Nintendo with both the Wii and the Ds and you can hardly call those 2 machines grpahically superior.

I think that Ornodeal has a point, maybe Sony don' t really know who to aim the product at, is it the Hardcore gamer or the Casual gamer?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 16:56

If Sony have confidence in their product, then they must go down that route of showing the public what it can do, M$ have done it, as have Nintendo with both the Wii and the Ds and you can hardly call those 2 machines grpahically superior.

I understand what you are trying to convey, but I don' t really know of any examples of MS or Nintendo with the DS proving what it can do. Please provide examples.
Ornodeal

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 17:13
The Gears TV advert is probably the main example of MS' advertising. It looked visually far more impressive than anything else around.

Nintendo always seem to show people having fun on a sofa playing Wii party games, or competing against each other on DS. That sells it to the less hardcore element.
Dagashi

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 18:20

The Gears TV advert is probably the main example of MS' advertising. It looked visually far more impressive than anything else around.

Problem is, the advert promises more than the game delivers. Not a knock on the game, but the advert as good as it was for a commercial, was misleading just like almost all the game commercials nowadays.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 18:30

ORIGINAL: Dagashi
Problem is, the advert promises more than the game delivers. Not a knock on the game, but the advert as good as it was for a commercial, was misleading just like almost all the game commercials nowadays.

Now that would be why it' s a commercial really.

What' s the purpose of a commercial...to sucker you into buying the product. So ofcourse it' s going to always be the best, the most exciting and most fun according to them. They promise you the best...while what you get is good but far from what they claim it is.

They want your money so they can laugh at ya grow fat and rich. Really anyone who falls for such an old trick isn' t really what I would say gifted with a brain.
Dagashi

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 18:42

They want your money so they can laugh at ya grow fat and rich. Really anyone who falls for such an old trick isn' t really what I would say gifted with a brain.

You just described 75% of the people who bought Wii' s.
alijay034

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 18:48
Ok Nintendo showed the Wii in the fmaily commercial cutting to various scenarios of the Wii in action. With the DS they have shown the family gaming aspect with Big Brain academy and Nintedogs.

M$ (OK not striclty M$) have been showing gaming footage of Pirates 3 and I believe most of the FIFA 07 footage was 360 gameplay as well, So there you go a few examples.

So what do Sony do have Mexican sounding dustballs and the " This is living" adverts. I think Sony are trying to sucker people into buying into a way of live not a way of gaming.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 26, 2007 00:20
The bottom line is that Sony doesn' t care if they reach gamers this generation, as long as they can push Cell and Blu-ray.

Think about it, if (and we all know it will) Blu-ray wins the HD format war, Sony stand to make a shitload of cash. Alot more than they could ever think of making with a PS3
Sony not wanting to reach gamers this gen is quite obvious when you look at their advertising. PS2 advertising was 100% better than anything they have done with trying to advertise the PS3. Why? Because all they wanted to do with the PS2 was push the console, and holy shit did they do a great job of that.

Sony are a whole lot smarter than we are giving them credit for. They know exactly what they are doing. Bottom line for them, make money. You think they care about losing a bit of money with the PS3, when in the long run they can make 2-3 times more with Blu-ray? Come on now, think about it!!!!!

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 26, 2007 06:23

So what do Sony do have Mexican sounding dustballs and the " This is living" adverts. I think Sony are trying to sucker people into buying into a way of live not a way of gaming.

And the retarded MLB commercials where the ps3 is used to pitch base balls like a machine does at the batting cage
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 26, 2007 08:06

Nintendo always seem to show people having fun on a sofa playing Wii party games, or competing against each other on DS. That sells it to the less hardcore element

they sure do
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 26, 2007 12:07
Old game reunite!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 28, 2007 05:38

Sony are a whole lot smarter than we are giving them credit for. They know exactly what they are doing. Bottom line for them, make money. You think they care about losing a bit of money with the PS3, when in the long run they can make 2-3 times more with Blu-ray? Come on now, think about it!!!!!

Exactly. One console isn' t going to kill their company as a whole, but a loss of a format they' ve invested millions into is going to sting.

Sony' s console in its entirety doesn' t appeal to the casual gamer or the hardcore gamer at this point. It' s too expensive for the casual players, and the hardcore gamers have already had it pounded into their brains in the past year-&-a-half that the PS3 is, and is always going to blow, which is a misconception.

In my opinion, Sony' s PR department debacle last year was the cause of the majority of their hardship. They needed to push a couple decent games out the door, emphasise the exclusives they still had, and drop this vague notion of " the ultimate experience" . That doesn' t make me want to buy it. I want to see amazing footage of games, I want to see a stylish and attractive product that is priced within my means, and I want to be able to buy the product and rest assured that it' s going to be supported for at least the next five years.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 30, 2007 15:38
Gamers are people who want to entertain themselves with games and hopefully ' win' in those games, so all real gamers would like a PS3, since there are many fun games only to be found on PS3. :)
Forumites are people who hang out on forums to voice their opinions, and hopefully ' win' their discussions, so naturally they don' t need a PS3 for that. :)

I don' t think arrogance has anything to do with those statements made by the Sony rep, ' arrogance' is just something the ' forumites' here on kikizo would like to brand the sony rep so they can make his valid statement less valid, without having to provide any valid points to the discussion.
Ornodeal

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 30, 2007 16:49
The statement by Sony was arrogant, in the same way as ' The next gen starts when we say it does' was arrogant. Sony are not the arbiters of gaming nor the gaming community; just because I currently don' t want a PS3 that doesn' t not make me a real gamer. Sure there might be some fun things to do on it, but nothing in my opinion that is a must-buy.

And that' s not trying to ' win' any argument; I don' t define my existence by winning verbal sparring contests, other things are much more important; it was merely a statement to provoke discussion.
alijay034

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 30, 2007 16:51
He has no basis or grounds for proving this, other than his companies standpoint, the same would be said if it were M$ or Nintendo, saying the exact same thing. He is trying to get accros the idea that the PS3 is the be all and end all in gaming, it' s not, there are games on the 360 that will not come out on the PS3 same for the Wii. What he should have said was, that any gamer wants the PS3 as well as the other consoles to become a true gamer. That I would understand and agree more with rather than the arrogant undertone of our product is the best and if you don' t buy it then your not a true gamer.

As for saying that forumites who class this as arrogance have no valid points I think you need to re-read the thread.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 31, 2007 03:05

The statement by Sony was arrogant, in the same way as ' The next gen starts when we say it does' was arrogant. Sony are not the arbiters of gaming nor the gaming community; just because I currently don' t want a PS3 that doesn' t not make me a real gamer. Sure there might be some fun things to do on it, but nothing in my opinion that is a must-buy.

It' s many ' fun things' to do on it, and there will be many more fun things to do on it. That' s the whole point of the statement. Deep down inside, you know there is stuff that you' d løike to do on PS3 if you are a gamer, wich you won' t get on your 360.

PS3 offers a gamer alot of ' fun' things wich your 360 dosn' t, i.e. free online gaming, you can play online for free whenever you want, without having to pay for it, that isn' t a option on your 360, 8$ downloadable arcade version of tekken with 0 loading time, Motorstorm, Resistance, etc.
And if that' s not enough for you, there will be other reasons wich will make you want to have a PS3, i.e. GT5, Litle Big Planet, Ratchet Clank later are also things real gamers would like have a PS3 for.

You' re just biased, I' m biased too, I dislike MS alot after very bad personal experience with their customer-support lines, when they tried to tell me that I couldn' t use my genuine windows license anymore, and after 3 days of trouble I managed getting my computer working, I decided to not buy a MS-product as long as I felt I have other options.

I ain' t gonna buy a 360 simply because I know that, in my experience, MS will try to screw me over, if they get the chance.

But the 360 get Speedball II, true it' s not something wich will drive me to buy the console.. But yes, the gamer in me would like to have a 360 just to be able to play Speedball II, again. I don' t feel it badly enough to give MS my money for it tough.

Any gamer would like to have a PS3, that' s logical.. It' s not logical however, that any gamer would like to pay Sony 600$ for a PS3, but that weren' t what you claimed either in your original message. :)
We see that on the sales, and Sony knows they still have to convince that their console is going to be worth the money would have to pay.
But gamers want a PS3.

That I would understand and agree more with rather than the arrogant undertone of our product is the best and if you don' t buy it then your not a true gamer.

As for saying that forumites who class this as arrogance have no valid points I think you need to re-read the thread.

alijay034, did the Sony rep say that anyone who did not buy PS3 aren' t true gamers now?
That' s very differen' t from what is said by Ornodeal in thread title here, there ut says that real gamers wants a PS3.. :-/

I can reread the thread, but who is the liar, you or Ornodeal? :-/
None of you provides a link to your original source, and both of you give different versions of what he have said, the only thing you agree on are that he is arrogant due to the thing he said, but you do not agree on WHAT he said. :-/

The forumite plot thickens...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 31, 2007 03:34

But the 360 get Speedball II, true it' s not something wich will drive me to buy the console.. But yes, the gamer in me would like to have a 360 just to be able to play Speedball II, again.

Yeah man... takes me back to my Amiga 500.
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 3 of 8, messages 41 to 60 of 144

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message