Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any real gamer wants a PS3
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 6 of 8, messages 101 to 120 of 144
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 04, 2007 19:46
It seems unlikely that where a developer is making a game for both PS3 and 360 in parallel that level design will be different, it doesn' t make sense from a development point of view. I certainly could see the case however where a game is ported from one to the other and bits are left out to make the port easier, all that FMV is one thing that may be missing from ports to the 360. However while a backstory and FMV in the middle/end of levels is useful for immersion, too much can ruin a game, as it seems its more like a film with occasional interactive parts.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 04, 2007 23:40

In terms of physics, AI and animations there isn' t much that CELL can do that the three PPC' s in 360 can' t do. Especially when considering how crippled the PS3 is with memory. If PS3 games have better animations it will only be due to BluRay along with the possibility to store a larger variety of scripted events. Both the PS3 and 360 are bottlenecked with bandwidth and memory space so proccessing power is not really an issue.

Well, as for everything you do on the SPU, the most usefull things is the ones wich can use it' s own chache..
However they use the more expensive XDR in PS3, rather than GDDR, and I would think that is due to bandwith, also the memory-bus is less likely to become bottlenecked on hard processing.

KongRudi

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 00:22

Level design isnt as much storage problems, as it is development costs. The details needed is making it a big time consumer, i dont think Blu Ray will affect that at all. I dont think Blu ray will affect game content in anyway, just the amount of music and FMW that are in the titleS

Yes, the costs goes up as more time is used for generating more detail and effects on levels, forinstance I read on developer blogs on IGN that one of the level designers on Untold Legends, spent 3 weeks putting together the lighting and stuff like that into a level, when he discovered it looked like he had put the flames on the torches one meter above the torches, so he had to start over again.
It went quicker the second time when he rendered the level, due to lightning tool optimization, and new more powerfull workstations.

So as the technology matures, prices will drop some, I also think that stuff like these will help the cost reduction aswell, especially on PS3/360 games, and those can probably be configured pretty good for their use, and you' r not restricted to half gigabyte memory there.
It will also help alot on PS2/PSP and Wii-game budgets, I think.
But I still think alot of developers will probably outsource to places like Korea, and India.
KongRudi

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 00:29

It seems unlikely that where a developer is making a game for both PS3 and 360 in parallel that level design will be different, it doesn' t make sense from a development point of view.

No, I don' t expect third parties will do it like that on multiplatform releases, they will offcourse have to be carefull of the weaknesses of all the platforms.
But Sony studios, and other wich make PS3 exclusives, I hope, will take advantage of that. :)
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 03:18

Because it appears to be a fun game

Fun?, Looks more ' Dull and awkward' if you ask me.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 03:19
I thought you were looking forward to Mass Effect!?

EDIT: Oh, f3, is Paper Mario out yet? If not, is Wii totally region locked?
< Message edited by NITRO -- 4 Jun 07 19:21:11 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 05:24

EDIT: Oh, f3, is Paper Mario out yet? If not, is Wii totally region locked

What F3? is he and Virtua Boy one and the same?

In any case if he is, he kinda made a 360 regarding Mass Effect.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 05:38

It will also help alot on PS2/PSP and Wii-game budgets, I think.

They don' t need the windfall. The last thing we need right now is for PS2/PSP/Wii port games to be cheaper to make.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 07:33

What F3? is he and Virtua Boy one and the same?

Of course. He left right as everyone here got their ps3' s and were playing VF5 so he made his new screen name VF5 so people might like him, but everyone could clearly tell it was F3 from his uncontrollable love for Nintendo
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 4 Jun 07 23:33:59 >
Nitro

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 07:37

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Of course. He left right as everyone here got their ps3' s and were playing VF5 so he made his new screen name VF5 so people might like him, but everyone could clearly tell it was F3 from his uncontrollable love for Nintendo

f3 has always maintained a love for the Virtua Fighter series, ...it' s got fuck all to do with wanting people to " like him" .

There' s also nothing wrong with being passionate about specific game companies, ...something you should be familiar with...

mastachefbkw

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 07:39

There' s also nothing wrong with being passionate about specific game companies, ...something you should be familiar with...

You know it
Nitro

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 07:47
mastachefbkw

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 07:50
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 09:01

Dam right I' m looking forward to it, I only said that cos i know it' ll piss Mastachefbtw off.

RE: Papaer Mario, I havent a clue? I' m not too bothered about the game either TBH.

Nitro

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 09:13

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Dam right I' m looking forward to it, I only said that cos i know it' ll piss Mastachefbtw off.

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

RE: Papaer Mario, I havent a clue? I' m not too bothered about the game either TBH.

It' s one of the games that really interests me. It was delayed here but i think it' s out in the US. If Wii was region free then i' d buy it in a flash.

I also heard that we' ll see a Mario Kart before the years out!? A Mario Kart GP port maybe? If so then that would own. GP is by far a superior game to Double Dash.
Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 09:45
Do I Want a PS3? Yes, absolutely. Can I afford one and are there any games I am dying to play exclusive and available on PS3. No. Is the 360 adequate? Unless you' re a rageing Sony Fanboy or Final Fanatsy addict, it is more than adequate, with an expansive line-up of good games and a few great ones. My 360 library blows away anything possible on the other two consoles.

GRAW
GRAW 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas
F.E.A.R.
Call Of Duty 3
Oblivion
Command And Conquer
Battle For Middle Earth 2
Forza 2
Spiderman 3
NHL 07
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Viva Pinata
Dead Rising
Gears of War
Crackdown
Tiger Woods 07

Now before somebody reminds me many of these are multi-platform I would submit that the same game without LIVE (if it is partly a multiplayer experience) is an inferior experience.

Try and get a wide spectrum of high quality gaming like that out of a Wii.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 10:08
I would be willing to pay $25 for a PS3 and Linux together.
moogaloonie

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 10:44
Yes, I guess caring if you' re a " real gamer" is pretty silly. I wouldn' t fit most people' s definitions myself. That said, I think most people here are in agreement that there are few undesirable systems with most having their selling points. Like all but the most hardcore of Sony fans, I think Blu-Ray is unnecessary to the PS3, and the cause of its being overpriced, but I myself didn' t have DVD until last September. The PS3 is also surprisingly big, I don' t like their history of arrogance or shoving DRM down our throats, and yes, I' d still love to have one. Problem is, if I start saving up for one I will be able to afford a 360 much sooner. That' s what it comes down to, Sony. Some of your first party games do look great. Same for Microsoft. Tough call, once again it' s back to the money as far as gamers are concerned.
KongRudi

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 05, 2007 13:00

My 360 library blows away anything possible on the other two consoles.

I think only 3 or maybe 4 of those games you listed in your library, came out during the timeframe for 360, as both the other consoles have been on the market, and gotten a chance to get a game-library at all.. :-/

Dunno that much about your games, but listing MUA as a great game is plainly riddickulus, unless the amazing Live-network changes the fundemental gameplay, and makes your characthers develop so the players can actually notice a difference when they level up or put on items dropped by defeated supervillains, it won' t be a good game.
True you can see you get + on your stats, but the feel when playing the characther dosn' t change at all. :-/

I like these kinds of game, especially on offline multiplayer with a friend, but MUA isn' t a game people should be allowed to brag about, you' r stealing money from people who might listen to the nonsense, and I' m pretty sure you' d be able to find other much better action rpg' s, on basically all consoles. :) Like Untold Legends, or something like that. And this is coming from a person who likes Marvel Comics.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - Jun 06, 2007 04:38

moogaloonie

Welcome to the forums.

I think only 3 or maybe 4 of those games you listed in your library, came out during the timeframe for 360, as both the other consoles have been on the market, and gotten a chance to get a game-library at all.. :-/

Either way, it' s June 2007 and the 360 has more decent games than either of it' s competitors. Yes it' s one year ahead of the others, but Nintendo and Sony have both had more time than Microsoft to turn out a new console.

Sony dropped the ball, and Nintendo isn' t having much of a problem with their late start, they don' t get sympathy as far as I' m concerned.

The Master Chief GIF that refuses to cooperate

HaHa!

Sorry Cheif, but that' s too funny to not laugh.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 5 Jun 07 20:42:19 >
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 6 of 8, messages 101 to 120 of 144

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread