Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any real gamer wants a PS3
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 2 of 8, messages 21 to 40 of 144
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 19:58
Couldn' t agree with you more ginjirou, just wanting to play games and have fun is probably what makes a real gamer - it annoys me that self-appointed individuals in certain companies spout on that only playing a certain system or game entitles one to be called a real gamer.

Maybe I should lie down and take a few more chill pills.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 20:15
I hate labels in general.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 24, 2007 20:53
"

i wouldn' t go as far as comparing a ps3 with the jaguar

my point is, if you' re not really interested in one of those titles if not most of them:

Metal gear solid4
Final fantasy 13
uncharted
lair
white knight
heavenly sword
god of war 3
gran turismo 5
and whatever ico team cooks up

if you' re not very interested in any of those titles , then you ARE NOT a real gamer.

Abasoufiane, that is rubbish, by saying if you are not interested in this game or that then you are not a real gamer, it is the same as Pony saying " If you don' t want a PS3 then you are not a real gamer." It is arrogance of the highest order. A person is a gamer no matter what genre of game or Medium they play games on, this is just more Pony trying to get people to panic buy into their philosophy of gaming, the same would be said of M$ or Nin if they came out with the same rubbish.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 00:07
alijay, it seems you still don' t understand what i' m saying, now forget what it should be said or what it shouldn' t be said ok?? forget that , just look at my list:

if somebody doesn' t like NONE of those titles:

Metal gear solid4
Final fantasy 13
uncharted
lair
white knight
heavenly sword
god of war 3
gran turismo 5
and whatever ico team cooks up

then he is not a real gamer, or in another word perhaps he is not a hardcore gamer. it' s not based on any scientific fact right?, but this is how it works , all people in these forums would LOVE to play AT LEAST one of those titles. if you bring me someone who wouldn' t love to play any of these games then i bet he doesn' t know shit about games.

don' t understand what i' m trying to say, but understand what i' m saying pretty please.

what i said in the begining is that probably that' s what pony meant to say, since PS3 have these exclusives and at least on of those will pick interest of a " real gamer" ... + all the multiplatform games like GTA 4 or assasin' s creed and much more.

SAME thing can be said as well for xbox360, any real gamer would love to have a 360 ... for games like Fable 2, gears of war, mass effect, Bonjo kazooie 3, lost oddysey, forza 2, blue dragon, at least one of those titles should attract you OTHERWISE you are not a hardcore gamer or a real gamer or whatever , you are an occasional gamer, and you wouldn' t probably read this post anyway because you will probably not subscribe in a forum about vidoe games.

Do you get finally my point for god' s sake??!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 00:16
STFU B4 I PRAWN BOF OF U!1
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 00:40
Sony and Speeches = Bad Combo.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 24 May 07 16:41:02 >
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 01:12

ORIGINAL: Dionysius

Sony and Speeches = Bad Combo.

Couldn' t agree with that more. As I said since the PS3 came out they' ve harmed themselves more with opening their mouth than by keeping it shut.

And if Sony is really scared they might bring back the DFP' s again that is controlled by the DF itself. Anyone remember those?? Goes back to the Sega days. This might freshen your memory a bit.

Dark Force - A mysterious inexplicable power which controls many mainstream media sources and others; it commands those in its grip to do everything in their power to put Sega down. Basically, an unknown energy which seeks to destroy Sega and its Fans.

Guess we all know who that was right.

DFP - Dark Force Publication. A media source which is under the influence of the Dark Force. Therefore, a DFP takes every opportunity to concentrate on and publish negative articles about Sega while minimizing and/or ignoring anything positive which could forward Sega' s position in the market. This is not a blanket statement for every article they write or all media sources. Now, this does not mean you can not gain knowledge from DFPs -- quite the contrary. All you have to do is comp for the source. However, you run the risk of being misled or misinformed if you don' t know how to (or that you should) comp for the source.

The DFPs have called off the dogs while the Dreamcast is the only next generation console available. For obvious reasons, this action (by them) is practically mandatory. However, it is our belief that the attitudes will go back to normal once the PSX2 finally comes to market.

And didn' t we all see that happen.

So as to not make this any longer. If Sony really starts shitting their pants and arrogance can' t save them anymore we' ll have a repeat of the things mentioned above. Can' t get the people to buy it by telling lies. Then give the media some cash.

Sony has always gone to the lowest levels to ensure they sell better than the rest. They can hardly catch up with the 360 and the Wii is way out of their reach with the momentum it' s having. So the almighty Sony bullshit machine starts spinning and spinning again.

< Message edited by demonoroth -- 24 May 07 17:40:51 >
alijay034

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 04:19

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Can I have that with Dressing please?

Abasoufiane you are still making the same quote as Pony, by saying if the list doesn' t contain a game you like then you are not a real gamer, or that you are an occaisonal gamer, and I repeat, that it is a very arrogant thing to say, as not one of those games interests me in the slightest, well maybe MGS4 but that is alledgedly going to be on the 360 anyway, so still no reason to buy a PS3.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 24 May 07 20:23:34 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 04:36

ORIGINAL: alijay034

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Can I have that with Dressing please?

Abasoufiane you are still making the same quote as Pony, by saying if the list doesn' t contain a game you like then you are not a real gamer, or that you are an occaisonal gamer, and I repeat, that it is a very arrogant thing to say, as not one of those games interests me in the slightest, well maybe MGS4 but that is alledgedly going to be on the 360 anyway, so still no reason to buy a PS3.

just call him absoluteflame
kthxbai
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 05:18

i wouldn' t go as far as comparing a ps3 with the jaguar

What I meant in my post is that I would like to " have" any gaming system made. If for nothing else than just to have one to go with my collection and remind me of past times in the industry.

I would definitely not compare the 3DO or Jaguar with the ps3. Neither sold even 15% of what the ps3 has in their entire lifetime.
Dagashi

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 05:19

not one of those games interests me in the slightest, well maybe MGS4 but that is alledgedly going to be on the 360 anyway, so still no reason to buy a PS3.

Saying crap like that makes you seem like one of those clowns on ET or Access Holywood. Listening to rumors and making judgements based upon them.

edit: bad quote
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 24 May 07 21:20:04 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 05:45
I am sorry that I posted a reply to this crap now that I think about it. This was an idiotic statement made by a company notorious for spewing garbage from thy mouths!!!

I agree with what was said before, that any real gamer wants to play all of the best games regardless of console. All this moron has done is prove that he knows absolutly nothing about his " real gamers" . And to me, I am glad to see him make a fool of himself.

Then only quote about real gamers should be, " All real gamers want every console because they want to play all of the best games" .
Abasoufiane

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 05:55
i don' t care if it' s fucking arrogant or not, this is not what i' m discussing here, yes i know that he shouldn' t say that even if i agree with him 100%, just because ... it' s like it' s not politicaly correct, he should have choose his expression better, but i do agree with him 100% and he is fucking right.

no no no , pony and i don' t talk about any stupid list, we' re talking about the ps3 list specificaly , don' t start making it as a general statement. and if that list doesn' t interest you in the " slightest" then what the hell are you doing here?

god of war 3 doesn' t interest you
metal gear solid oh yes " " maaaaay be" WTF ? and that' s because YOU THINK it' s going 360

final fantasy 13 doesn' t interest you
gran turismo nooo

ico team nooo

and many more games

so wtf are u playing? why the hell am i discussing with you ? goddamit i need to slap you with a hammer

not one of those games interests me in the slightest, well maybe MGS4 but that is alledgedly going to be on the 360 anyway, so still no reason to buy a PS3.

are u a fanboy ??

yes for NOW MAYBE, there is no reason to buy a ps3, but later definitly yes, as there is reasons to buy 360 as well... for god' s sake Peter moor could have said the same thing as pony and he will be damn right.

does anybody here understand what i' m saying, it seems like what i' m saying doesn' t make sense to anyone , you just keep your mouth shut ... aah forget about it.

alijay you' re right please , absoluteflame out
Abasoufiane

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 05:57

Then only quote about real gamers should be, " All real gamers want every console because they want to play all of the best games" .

daaamn right !! so pony was a smartass trying to deceive ignorants but he was right in what he was saying.
Dagashi

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 06:23
I agree with you Abasoufiane. In my eyes, any true gamer would like to have any of the 3 systems because each will undoubtedly offer at least 1 game that a true gamer would enjoy.

I want a ps3 for games like Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Team Ico, GT5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, LittleBigPlanet!, Warhawk etc.

I want a 360 for Forza 2, Gears, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fable 2, PGR, Too Human etc.

I want a Wii for Mario Galaxy and Zelda. I' m sure I will want more in the future, especially if they get tennis or baseball that makes good use of the wii-mote, unlike wii-sports.
alijay034

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 06:29
Dagashi, read up the definition of the word Alledgedly.

Abasoufiane I am not a fanboy, I am a gaming fan, however just because I enjoy a different genre of games to you, doesn' t make me any less of a gamer than you, or is the whole gaming fraternaty now being told what games to play and on what consoles to play them on, because if that is the case it will become a richmans hobby, (not so much a problem for me, but for others and the younger members of the forum it would be a problem.)

Canadagamer you are spot on, yes a gamer wants to play the best games in their chosen genre on the best hardware available, be it PC, 360, Wii (sorry gimp) or the PS3. Until there is a game in the genre I like on the PS3 then I will stick to my PC, PSP, Wii and 360...oh and maybe the kids DS....Now call me a fanboy.

As for your Pony and I don' t mention a list I think you' ll find you listed about 6 or 7 games due out on the PS3.

< Message edited by alijay034 -- 24 May 07 22:31:28 >
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 07:11
To end this discussion I' m taking something I read from somewhere else and agreed with.

Level 1 – The Weekend Gamer – Someone who plays games once in a while, maybe Tetris at work and You Don’t Know Jack with friends on the weekend. And there’s nothing wrong with being a Level 1 gamer.

Level 2 – The Mainstream or “Casual” Gamer – Someone who shows a lot of interest in the hobby and enjoys playing video games. This could be anyone from the Pokemon loving grade schooler to the guy at the arcade that “really likes playing House of the Dad 2”… maybe a little too much. And there’s nothing wrong with being a level 2 gamer, in fact there is something “pure” about it. The mainstream isn’t at the point where they care about Nintendo’s/Sega’s/Sony’s/Microsoft' s financial situation in Japan. They don’t know what tri-linear filtering is or what it does for a game. They don’t know codenames for development kits. Sometimes I wish I could just not know a lot of the stuff that I know and be a “casual gamer” again. :-)

Level 3 – Fanboys™ – I’m almost tempted to list Fanboys at Level 0, but I have to admit that Fanboys™ are Fanboys™ because at heart, they like to play games (most of them anyway). They like to think that they' re " hardcore" , but for lack of maybe experience or intelligence, they just don’t have what it takes. Fanboys™ are usually gung-ho for one company and refuse to see the good in any of that company’s competition. Fanboys™ are uninformed and easily influenced by the media. Their source for “media information” is usually questionable and they will lose a fact based argument with a level 4 gamer every time. I despise confident Fanboys, but I know where they’re coming from as I was once at this immature level. Anyway, on many occasion, one must pass through level 3 to get to level 4. : )

Level 4 – The Gamer – I don’t consider someone a gamer just because they have mad skillz or because they are mega-informed on the hobby or spend a lot of money on it. It takes a combination of what I listed at the beginning of this post – skills, knowledge and an appreciation for the hobby. You may not have the skills to beat every game on the planet, that’s OK. You may not have the money to import every game from Japan, that’s OK. You may not know everything about the industry and that’s OK too. I’m sure that with practice, I could beat 99% of the games that I play; I just don’t have the time to do so anymore. I don’t have the money to import every single game from Japan that I would like to. Heck, I can’t afford to buy all of the English games that I would want to. And I certainly don’t know everything about the industry (who does?), but I try to keep myself informed with the facts. I consider my self and people like me to be “true gamers”. We enjoy playing games because they entertain us, not because they’re #1 on Videogames.com top 10 lists. We buy consoles because they have games we want to play, not because they render 7 quadrillion micro polygons a second. We all have our own opinions on what’s good and bad for the industry, but we all agree on one thing – VIDEO GAMES RULE! I reserve the term “hardcore” as a compliment or way of paying respect to someone I view (for one reason or another) as an especially cool “gamer”. And yes, gamers are allowed to have favorites. My favorite game company, I’m proud to say, is SEGA.

Now if you can' t agree with all of the above then I really don' t know what you' re doing on a forum that' s about games and consoles.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 24 May 07 23:12:04 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 07:14
You should probably look it up in the dictionary too. You spelt it wrong.
alijay034

RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 07:15
Spot on Demonoroth.

Hey Loco, wow is that the best you can come back with? I suffer from what is termed in the industry as " Fat fingers" , so sue me, my spelling is not up for discussion.

The point I was making was that MGS4 is (according to various rumours and forums this one included.) allegedly coming to the 360, so there would be no reason to splash out on a PS3 just for that game. Dagashi was obviously confused by the term allegedly as he was thinking I thought it was a definate for the 360.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 24 May 07 23:27:05 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Any real gamer wants a PS3 - May 25, 2007 07:26
This is an old discussion. Let' s move on to something more interesting than lame game-lists & I don' t wanna' play that discussions.

While remaining on topic, I' m gonna suggest taking this in a slightly different (albiet 100% more productive) route. How do you thing Sony' s (Yes, there' s no P in Sony, you can all swap back your S and P keys) PR is going to develop this generation. There' s no doubt that their hype was amazing in 2005, and even part of 2006. There was of course a huge dip in their public image alongside their shaky launch, but I' ve got mixed feelings about where they' re going in the future. There' s all kinds of conflicting news hitting the web, and I think it' d be interesting to discuss.

At least more interesting than this tripe.
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 2 of 8, messages 21 to 40 of 144

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message