Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 EU Launch
Change Page: 12345678910.. > | Showing page 1 of 14, messages 1 to 20 of 271
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
PS3 EU Launch - Feb 21, 2007 22:07
After getting excited about the damn thing and pre-ordering i decided that i' d skip the EU launch, but then i remembered that VF5 will be a launch title and so now i have to have one again.

So, come March 23rd, a 60GB PS3, VF5, MotorStorm, Resistance and Genji will be mine.

Now i just need to order my High Grade stick and pray that there are no problems with it

Meh, March is going to be a seriously expensive month for me. £600-ish on PS3, £250-ish on 360, £200-ish on PSP, £250-ish on DS But hey, the summer drought will be here before we know it and then i' ll spend much less per month.

Sooooooooo, who else is buying a launch unit???
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 02:45
Well I have my name down, but I dont think I will get a unit at launch unless I am lucky, AS I am number 22 in one of the smaller gamestop stores.

I will be getting Motorstorm [looking forward to] and Resistance [not expecting much, but hey its meant to be decent]. I guess I can look forward to play you Nitro online right? Team Kikizo Ps3 eh?
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 21 Feb 07 18:46:27 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 02:56
For all the hype around MotorStorm I saw it being played in a store the other day... Talk about jagilicious..

Anyway, Yes, I am purchasing a launch unit..
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 03:14

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I guess I can look forward to play you Nitro online right? Team Kikizo Ps3 eh?

MotorStorm will make a nice change from shooters.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 03:23

Talk about jagilicious..

Demo Demo Demo! The video' s of actual gameplay look far nicer than the demo.

Resistance (not expecting much)

So long as you still get it thats fine. That way you will enjoy it that much more. As I' ve said before, I think if their were more ps3 owners with this game, it would have gotten a lot more hype. It is thoroughly enjoyable and rates right up near Halflife 2 for me.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 11:14

ORIGINAL: Tiz

For all the hype around MotorStorm I saw it being played in a store the other day... Talk about jagilicious..

Anyway, Yes, I am purchasing a launch unit..

Erm Avarice, so when a game is pretty much being played in front of me...

Do I still have to wait for it to be released?

ORIGINAL: Avarice

Demo Demo Demo! The video' s of actual gameplay look far nicer than the demo.

Of course, but my original post states I was looking at the game, I wouldn' t make fuss about a demo.. It seems you only read " Talk about jagilicious"
and went off on that.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 22 Feb 07 3:15:19 >
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 11:21
Well, for the last few months people have been posting their comments on motorstorm after seeing the demo on the units in stores, and they were acting like it was going to be the exact same as the game.

I was not aware they had the full game in stores, and I' m pretty sure they still don' t, as its weeks away from even the US launch. As far as I know, Japan is the only country with a working title.

So, was the game you watched the actual retail version? or the demo you can get either with the demo units or on the PSN. By friend at EB says he hasn' t recieved any version of Motorstorm, and that all the demo units they have are still using the original demo from November.

So, I apologize if it really was the retail game in the system. I assumed you were talking about the demo like everyone else has for the last few months, seeing as the retail version is weeks away from launch.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 11:37
I still say motorstorm is ' ' gabage' '
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 11:40

I still say motorstorm is ' ' gabage' '

Is that a new strain of cabage?
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 11:45

Is that a new strain of cabage?

no its garbage with a new york accent
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 11:54
That accent is.................horrid. In all honesty, I would have an extremely hard time dating any girl, no matter how hot or interesting she was if she had a thick Boston/Jersey/NY accent. Call me shallow, but something about it gets to me.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 11:58

Boston/Jersey/NY accent

you mean Bwostinnnn/Joisey/New Owrk
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 17:01
Avarice dude the game and console are completely region free and MotorStorm is out in Japan. The demo sucked and the retail version does suffer from jaggies, but no more so than Project Gotham 3. Everything else looks great.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 18:10
I' ve secured myself a PS3 from Amazon.co.uk and I' m also getting a couple of games, one of which is Motorstorm. I' m undecided on the other though, I don’t know whether I' m getting Resistance or Genji 2, decisions...decisions.
< Message edited by Calintz -- 22 Feb 07 10:12:33 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 18:20
I am actaully writing this with a heavy heart, I have had one on pre order since pre orders were taken, however due to forthcoming nuptuals in May I have had to cancel it, unless I can of course sneak it onto the present list...of course not, so it will be a unit later in the year, look forward to hearing you all gloat about how good it is compared to the 360 though.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 18:57

ORIGINAL: alijay034

look forward to hearing you all gloat about how good it is compared to the 360 though.

Ain' t gonna happen

If PS3 wasn' t getting VF5 before 360 then i' d be waiting longer to get one as Resistance and MotorStorm don' t warrant the purchase and they' re the only decent games available at launch. It' s a terrible shame that Lair and Ninja Gaiden Sigma were delayed as they would have been awesome launch titles, but unfortunately out of 30-ish games there are like 3 " good" " exclusive" games and a ton of multi-platform games that are sub-par compared to the 360 versions.

The ironic thing is that i' ll spend more time playing HD Tekken: Dark Resurrection than all PS3 games but VF5.

I' m sure the console will impress me, but online is a big thing for me and so far i' ve found their online service underwhelming.

As for Genji, i' ve played it and while gameplay-wise it' s nothing great the game looks better than the majority of game on 360 and some parts of it look even better than Gears of War. I' m buying it purely as a graphical showcase, ...well i' ll hopefully be able to get into it too but it' s no Ninja Gaiden.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 20:03

Meh, March is going to be a seriously expensive month for me. £600-ish on PS3, £250-ish on 360, £200-ish on PSP, £250-ish on DS

Wow dude, that' s a lot of money! What do you do for a living again?
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 22, 2007 20:45

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Wow dude, that' s a lot of money! What do you do for a living again?

Well it' s a lot of money to spend in one month on games, but like i said i' m considering it a seriously expensive month. March is always expensive though being the most important month after November and December.

I' m currently working as an IT coordinator. It' s sucky but it pays well. I miss uni though
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 23, 2007 04:09

Avarice dude the game and console are completely region free and MotorStorm is out in Japan. The demo sucked and the retail version does suffer from jaggies, but no more so than Project Gotham 3. Everything else looks great.

I see. I have yet to play the retail version, I' ve only seen HD video' s. I' m still wondering if what Tiz saw was the game or just the demo though.

I' m undecided on the other though, I don’t know whether I' m getting Resistance or Genji 2

Well Calintz, listen to Nitro when he says he will get Genji as a graphical showcase. Because it really is lacking IMO. I own it, and I just can' t get into it. It' s fun for a while, but I always end up switching games and playing Resistance, NHK 2k7, Fight Night, or VF5.

If you have a lot of spare cash go ahead and grab it, if not, go with Resistance: FoM. It got great reviews, its a lot of fun both online and off, and has a lot of replayability. Of all the games I have for ps3(basically all of them) it gets the most use, other than hockey, but I' m canadian and play with friends, so that explains that. I' m sure VF5 will take its place soon enough though(just got it today ).
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Feb 23, 2007 06:43
here here, one at launch, motorsotrm is a cert. dunno about anything else though
Change Page: 12345678910.. > | Showing page 1 of 14, messages 1 to 20 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message