Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 EU Launch
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 14, messages 81 to 100 of 271
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 23:15

Anyone see (cough) dl Heroes last night? The kid was playing heavenly sword on a PS3 - nice bit of product placement there for once Sony, normally its MS stuff...

Is Heavenly Sword out yet?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 23:55
No it isn' t it was done without the devs knowledge. Apparently the build is from the end of last year.

Game is expected before christmas 07... i can' t wait for lair or somethign else i consider a must have title...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 07, 2007 06:36
Wow these people who thought there was no reason to get an xbox360 must be really happy now with the ps3 hahahaha.
Warhawk cancelled also.

jhahahahah.

Seriously the ps3 is overpriced and gonna suck for awhile buy it in 2008 when ff13+Mgs4 comes out.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 07, 2007 07:46

Warhawk cancelled also.

No. Warhawk scaled down.
Agent Ghost

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 07, 2007 08:51

No. Warhawk scaled down.

Same thing.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 07, 2007 08:58

Same thing.

Not even close.

Whats wrong with DL' ing an online only game, that could quite easily be great fun?

In the video preview they explain it quite well. They did not want to sell a full fledged game that in their opinion wasn' t up to par, and would be a waste of the consumers money. I would way rather pay $30 for a fully fleshed out and tested multiplayer game, than $60 for a mediocre single player and multiplayer experience.

We have enough crappy games in the world. If killing off single player for the game means they can deliver a good multiplayer version, then so be it.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 08, 2007 01:08
I' m going to be the first one here to point the finger at Quez! Lets keep this thread above water an unbiased! Welcome back too!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 05:38
Just out of curiosity, this thread hasnt been posted under ias much as the ones below it have, but continues to stay at the top of the threads. Why is this?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 05:40
I' ve been saying since last year that I didn' t want a PS3 at launch and that I wouldn' t be prepared to pay £425 for one. The only problem is as the UK launch date draws near I' m looking at my bank balance and trying to wonder if I could spare the cash for one after all. The reason? Virtua Fighter 5.

I know it' s coming out for 360 and I know there' s nothing else coming out for PS3 that I' m after for ages but damnit, I want to be playing the best looking beat-em-up ever as soon as I can. Plus the PS3 itself will look great next to my 360 and Wii...

With any luck I won' t be able to get one at launch thus be forced to wait. I' ve not pre-ordered one and I' m not going to. What ‘m really hoping is that it does an ‘X-Box’ and not sell at all so they have to bring the price down sharply.

What? I can always dream.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 05:44

With any luck I won' t be able to get one at launch thus be forced to wait. I' ve not pre-ordered one and I' m not going to. What ‘m really hoping is that it does an ‘X-Box’ and not sell at all so they have to bring the price down sharply.

The 360 didnt sell where you are?
whatabout_paul

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 05:53
I meant the original X-Box.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 06:02
oh
whatabout_paul

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 06:08
I waked into a local Game store on the X-Box' s launch week and the people there were trying to sell me one with a few games free. This was at a time where I had no money and couldn' t even contemplate buying one. It wasn’t much later Microsoft lowered the price and sent a free game out to everyone who bought it as a way of saying ‘sorry’. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure that happened.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 06:32
Try to buy it with vf5 and Motorstorm Paul, Dont worry about the cost.

You wont have the bothersome Money weighing you down if you buy one, good luck finding one on stores shelves at launch though after preorders and early buyers. Nitro says you can still preorder on Game.com and get a Unit. I think Nitro Lies.

I guess time will tell.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 9 Mar 07 22:36:13 >
whatabout_paul

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 06:41
Walking through the streets of Leeds almost every shop that sells games have posters, flyers and photocopied bits of paper saying if I pre ordered a PS3 now I' d be guaranteed one on launch. This didn’t happen with the 360 or Wii, the signs were taken down within days because the pre-order allocations had been taken instantly. Plus I hear in the US PS3’s are pretty easy to get a hold of so all this fills me with hope that if I do decide to get one I’ll just be able to walk right in and pick one off the shelf no problem.

VF5 looks greatness but I’m not convinced by Motorstorm.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 08:01
When will the first ps3 demo units be shipped to stores? I guess when can finally start to play them as judge for ourselfs.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 15:36
I have motorstorm and I love it. I' m a racing junky sure, but it is a great game.

It should have more options without a doubt, and it got overhyped(almost every game these days seems to ) but it' s still worth the cash. You simply can' t get a better off road racer.
Agent Ghost

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 10, 2007 20:36
Motorstorm does look good. It' s the only PS3 exclusive that looks interesting to me right now besides Flow. I wish I knew when Sony would take the " Emotion Engine" out of the PS3 in NA so I could make a decision on when to buy one. I don' t want to buy one this year but I want one before they scrap the PS2 chip.
whatabout_paul

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 11, 2007 02:59
Went to my local game shop and apparently they have 23 PS3 pre orders waiting to fill. I had a word with them about selling my X-Box and Gamecube plus games and decided that' d make up at least £100 of the funds required. I can get another £100 as it' s my birthday and my ' rents said they' ll contribute that much. That still leaves me £225 short and thats without any games or an extra pad. Plus I' ll want at least Flow and Tekken 5 HD to download...

As much as I want one now I don’t think I’ll be able to afford it. When all’s said and done I’ll have spent over £500 on it just so I can play Virtua Fighter 5 and know that I’ve *got* one while everyone is lusting over them.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 11, 2007 03:08

Went to my local game shop and apparently they have 23 PS3 pre orders waiting to fill. I had a word with them about selling my X-Box and Gamecube plus games and decided that' d make up at least £100 of the funds required. I can get another £100 as it' s my birthday and my ' rents said they' ll contribute that much. That still leaves me £225 short and thats without any games or an extra pad. Plus I' ll want at least Flow and Tekken 5 HD to download...

Flow was $8 CDN, and Tekken DR was $23. If that helps you decide at all. Or if you have friends with one, you could use their account name and one of his download tickets. Each purchase online gives you 5 download tickets. So if you knew anyone who got the games, I don' t imagine they would mind giving one ticket up.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 14, messages 81 to 100 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll