Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 EU Launch
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 3 of 14, messages 41 to 60 of 271
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 01, 2007 05:41

Yeah, done that a couple of times myself. Only mine was for substantially longer. I powered it up & down twice. It' s amazing what parts of your brain don' t work when you' re panicked.

Haha, yeah, i thought it was because my 360 hated me or something because it was when i bought crackdown lol
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 01, 2007 07:47
Nitro, just think, in less than a months time, you' ll be loading this up

Gorgeous

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 28 Feb 07 23:52:51 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 01, 2007 09:01

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Gorgeous

And SNK Playmore announced that their games (KoF, Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown etc) will be available at some point on PSN...

Did you pre-order then?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 02, 2007 04:37
Y' know, It' s really strange, but I' m getting more excited for the European launch than I was for ours back in November.

I' m looking at teh finances now, & I think I' ll be able to get one if I start putting away a chunk of my paycheck. That money was originally going towards the Wii, but now that Corruption has been delayed... again...[:' (]
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 02, 2007 04:43

And SNK Playmore announced that their games (KoF, Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown etc) will be available at some point on PSN...

That' s good news!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 02, 2007 06:29

Gorgeous

Oh my teh sighzorz
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 02, 2007 08:40

ORIGINAL: Zoy

That' s good news!

Very.

XBLA is getting Fatal Fury Special soon but Microsoft haven' t agreed to SNK' s additional proposals that include other games. Yet.

Sony however has and will be getting multiple ports from Neo-Geo to their PSN. SNK aren' t planning and NEW next-gen games for PS3 though, they have said they will be waiting a couple of years before they do. I guess they know all about the risks first hand
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 02, 2007 14:42
Does SNK Playmore make any new games? I would have expected them to really aggressively go after the handheld market if they have the means.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 02, 2007 14:57

ony however has and will be getting multiple ports from Neo-Geo to their PSN.

These are the kind of old games that I want to see available over the networks like PSN, Virtual Console, and XBL. I owned all the sega/nintendo/sony console, but I never owned any neo-geo products, but always loved the arcade games, and any of the SNK titles released on Nintendo and Sega consoles.

Not much would make me happier than playing my favorite fighting games of the past.

As a side note, I can' t upload any pictures on Kikizo. Every time I try, it says the " connection has been reset" . I' ve tried for days, and with all sorts of files, I' m not sure what to do. Have any of you guys had this problem? If so, any ideas what to do?
f3hunter

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 02, 2007 17:10
Very.

XBLA is getting Fatal Fury Special soon but Microsoft haven' t agreed to SNK' s additional proposals that include other games. Yet.

Sony however has and will be getting multiple ports from Neo-Geo to their PSN. SNK aren' t planning and NEW next-gen games for PS3 though, they have said they will be waiting a couple of years before they do. I guess they know all about the risks first hand

Also Remember you' ll definately get a ' Proper' Stick to play these one.

Have u pre-ordered a PS3?

I had one, then sold it.

I' m hanging on the decision to either Buy a UK machine or wait to 360 VF5.

Definately getting 360 Virtua Tennis for its extra online modes. I know even if i get a PS3 and VF5 im i' ll still end up getting 360 VF5 too (as long as it does have extra content and is a decent conversion).

Edit: And has a proper stick to play it on. (by Ms' s recent attitude towards the hardcore gamer, im actually doubting this)

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 2 Mar 07 9:12:55 >
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 02, 2007 20:43

ORIGINAL: Zoy

Does SNK Playmore make any new games? I would have expected them to really aggressively go after the handheld market if they have the means.

They' re doing 3D Metal Slug and a new entry in the KOF: Maximum Impact series. They' ll both probably suck.

I' m more interested in Atomiswave ports.
f3hunter

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 04, 2007 09:12
After a Quick Recall And feeling the shitty Excuse for a Pad I actually might not get one now.. Keep my proud promise of never properly owning a Sony machine.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1744652

Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 04, 2007 09:24

After a Quick Recall And feeling the shitty Excuse for a Pad I actually might not get one now.. Keep my proud promise of never properly owning a Sony machine.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1744652

Buy it, play VF5 until the 360 version comes out in Sept (ish) and then sell it.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 04, 2007 11:21

So you never owned a ps2? You are denying yourself a lot of gaming greatness there. It would be like never having a Super Nintendo.

There is never a reason not to own a console because of brand.
f3hunter

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 04, 2007 13:10
ITs because of the shit controllers not the company. PS pads was just wrong. they never got the basics right and while the fashion followers could tolerate this, i could not, especially if you was used to the six button MD, Snes then Saturn Pads. I went for what felt right at the time and not follow fashion.

There was only the VF4 exclusive PS2 title that interested me and i played that in the arcades anyway, after having a taste of Dreamcast online i went on to competative PC online gaming and bits of Xbox 1 live. Nothing on PS2 could ever make me turn my head away from the greatness of HL, Halo, Quake 3, PSO. Online gaming took over my life at that time and the only 1 player games i got into was HL, Shenmue, Vice city (on PC), Metriod, F-zero, (GC), Halo and NG (xbox).

IT' s actually the Fashion-following Sony fanboys that never owned a N64, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, GC and Xbox that missed out. And theres a hell of alot of them around!!!
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 4 Mar 07 5:28:23 >
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 04, 2007 18:46

f3hunter

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 04, 2007 22:05
Ha ha true..

Actually The (apart from the longish loading times and maybe slightly down sampled FX). IT was the near perfect Neo Geo - SS conversions like KOTF, S.Showdown, Fatal fury Special + the awesome SS Pad that kept me away from ever Wanting a PS.

Those were the days.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 04, 2007 23:02

ITs because of the shit controllers not the company. PS pads was just wrong. they never got the basics right and while the fashion followers could tolerate this, i could not, especially if you was used to the six button MD, Snes then Saturn Pads. I went for what felt right at the time and not follow fashion.

IT' s actually the Fashion-following Sony fanboys that never owned a N64, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, GC and Xbox that missed out. And theres a hell of alot of them around!!!

What nonsense really. You make it sound as though only " fashion-followers" bought the playstation.
I did use the MD 6 button pad, loved the saturn pad (and the analogue though it was huge). Used DC controller. Now I fail to see your arguement.

What basics were they missing that made it so bad that you' d miss some all time classic games for?

The D-pad isn' t that good, the saturns wiped the floor with it and every controller since.
And the complaint about the analogue sticks.

I preferred the 6 face buttons like the saturn, but it' s something i had to live with. Also did you never think to look for a controller from a 3rd party?

I' d like to hear more of your opinion on this, right now it seems weird.

Also your last statement makes it sound like all ps owners are sony fanboys.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 00:09
Many great games came out on ps2, if you cannot get past the pad then that is your fault. and loss.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 01:00
Admittedly the PS2 pad does, and always has sucked. I would never pass a console up because of a pad though, ...especially when i' m a fighting game whore and use arcade sticks for them anyway.

For fighting games you buy a stick, for driving games you buy a wheel. That' s two genre' s sorted, and the pad works well enough for games like DMC and MGS.

The original Playstation remains one of my favourite consoles, and while i adored my Saturn and N64, Playstation had too many awesome games to pass up. Same thing with PS2. Same thing with PS3.

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 3 of 14, messages 41 to 60 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message