Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 EU Launch
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 4 of 14, messages 61 to 80 of 271
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 01:43
You must see my argument tho, there are a LOT more people who owned a PS / Ps2 but never owned a SS, N64 or Dreamcast. (i know a few who never even played a Dreamcast or Saturn WTF?)..

I remember when my brother brought his Playstation down with loads of its top titles. At the time i had a SEGA Saturn and N64.. the PS was not even played for 2 mins before we ended up powering up SS Nights, Sega Rally, VF2, Fighters MegaMix, Sonic R, Sleep slope sliders

Being 2D nuts we chose the Much better conversions of SS, fatal Fury, KOTF Street fighter Alpha 1,2 Xmen Vs street ETC. and for 3D or multi-player games Vf2, Blast Corpse, MK64, Goldeneye, M64, Sega Rally owned.

If the Ps games was as instantly accessible / playable, maybe i would of tried to get into Wipeout 2XXX or MGS, but i couldn’t get round to play them and lost interest quickly..

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 4 Mar 07 17:56:47 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 02:01
I know a lot of people who owned a psOne never owned a saturn, but that is because sony opened up gaming to a whole new bunch of people... to these people i imagine sega is a geeky thing, like nintendo.

But to say everyone went with the pad because of following fashion/fanboyism is taking it too far.
To a lot of people their gaming memory only goes so far as the psone. and most of them aren' t interested in 2D and i guess why sony didn' t really support it, unlike sega who did a fantastic job.
Also the saturns games were only so good because they were mostly sega games - wipeout was on the saturn (i know, i had it) resident evil was, those psx games and usually inferior. Saturn was wonderful, but not least because sega were in their glory days game wise.

People not playing DC is understandable, not all " gamers" are very interested in the industry or very hardcore, very very casual, so noone cares about sega games they have tekken and mad random games provided by playstation. And with segas bad rep why would they care about sega?

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 02:02
I have to agree with F3. I had all 3(64, PS, and DC) and hardly touched my PS. Especially when I had company, it was nothing but Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, PowerStone, Sould Calibur, and Unreal Tournament(great port if you had the Keyboard/mouse accesories).

All I really can remember enjoying on my PS were Crash Bandicoot, MGS, and the VR missions game.

I really wish I had a Saturn though. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get one at a decent price? And any game reccomendations?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 05:58
FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can anyone mention the psone and not include ff7. How about the twisted metal series? Or Gran Turismo, which was by far the best racing sim out there. Tekken was good, and a lot more casual gamers would play it with me rather than VF on my Saturn. The tony hawk games were great in the beginning (to me and most of my friends at least).

I had a N64, and actually bought my psOne after I had it. I got a Saturn pretty early on from my friend who bought a newer one because he broke the plastic case on his. The n64 was great when I had friends over thanks to Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye etc. However, I think I spent more time on my PS because of Final Fantasy, Twisted Metal with friends, Tony Hawk, Tekken, etc. So out of these systems, for enjoyment and use, I would tie my N64 with the PS, and put the Saturn in last, due to less games, and less multiplayer fun. I loved the Saturn D-pad, and liked the N64 for everything else, and always thought the PS d-pads sucked.

As for the Dreamcast, there are very good reasons as to why that never caught on with casual gamers. The foremost being the fact that Sega had really worn its trust out with the Sega CD, then the Saturn, and now a new console, with few titles and a high price. I liked it, because i was always into consoles, but I never did buy one till they were already dead in the water, and cheap. I rented one when it came out to play all the games, but it never warranted a purchase. I was still having tons of fun on the psone and N64, and had a PC for even more games.

IT' s actually the Fashion-following Sony fanboys that never owned a N64, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, GC and Xbox.

So you are comparing the ownership of 5 consoles to one or two PS consoles. Of course you are gonna miss out on a lot of good games. We can' t all own every console that hits the market, especially when it' s kids who are trying to get a console. The other thing is, if you never had a PS1, then the PS2 is quite possible the ideal console to buy, because you have one of the strongest previous consoles game selection, plus arguably the strongest new console line-up.

Let me put it this way, what if you could only have 2 consoles from the ps1 and SS days up to the PS2/GC/Xbox days. There is no way, that excluding the PS1 or PS2 from the two consoles you could own would provide more good games. Personally, I would pick the n64 and Ps2 if I could only own two.
< Message edited by Avarice -- 5 Mar 07 4:34:00 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 06:27

to these people i imagine sega is a geeky thing, like nintendo.

So everything but sony is geeky?

I really wish I had a Saturn though. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get one at a decent price? And any game reccomendations?

Ebay

Let me put it this way, what if you could only have 2 consoles from the ps1 and SS days up to the PS2/GC/Xbox days. There is no way, that excluding the PS1 or PS2 from the two consoles you could own would provide more good games. Personally, I would pick the n64 and Ps2 if I could only own two.

64 and Xbox
uumai

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 17:27
everything was considered geeky back in the game, sony brought gaming to a whole new bunch of people who considered gaming for geeks. Then sony came and changed that.

I was still happy with my saturn but it doesn' t stop me noticing that
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 20:40
I' ve just re-pre-ordered.

This...

Roll on 23rd March!!!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 21:23
Nitro, you are a very brave man £600. I salute you sir. I' m still tempted by a grey unit at present, if only because of the emulation, but I dion' t know enough about hte region limitations on the backwards comatibility set.

Regarding the argument preceding Nitro' s post, the only point worth making was that with VF2 and Sega Rally the saturn at least initially had a promising future, and most of my mates who has a PS on launch were round my house playing on my machine. Regardless of the discussion going any further, hardcore gamers will always dig out gems on other systems. I have two import saturns, and enough games on them alone to keep me happy forever. The same applies for my DC' s. Things are very different today from 1995 though...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 23:37

This...

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge

Roll on 23rd March!!!

Resistance over Motorstorm? What happened Nitro?

I ant getting the hdmi cable and getting motorstorm instead of Vf5. Apart from that we have the same. You really think you will get a unit? preordering this late?
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 5 Mar 07 15:38:11 >
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 05, 2007 23:47

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

This...

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge

Roll on 23rd March!!!

Resistance over Motorstorm? What happened Nitro?

I ant getting the hdmi cable and getting motorstorm instead of Vf5. Apart from that we have the same.

Resistance and MotorStorm

And Virtua Fighter 5.

You really think you will get a unit? preordering this late?

Yup. GAME' s allocation was increased 200% last week and they' re getting more than 50% of the units shipped to the UK and those pre-orders haven' t sold out yet. The UK is getting 300,000 units which is the biggest allocation here in the history of gaming, and the price has put many off.

Shame Heavenly Sword was delayed though...

< Message edited by NITRO -- 5 Mar 07 16:04:50 >
uumai

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 01:54
So there will be some online motorstorm races then

Then in june july i will likey move to warhawk, given the IGN weekly videos kinda made me want it, more so than the E3 vids before it.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 03:28

So there will be some online motorstorm races then

Then in june july i will likey move to warhawk, given the IGN weekly videos kinda made me want it, more so than the E3 vids before it.

Can' t wait to play some of you guys online. Right now I' m tiding myself over until tommorow when Motorstorm releases in Canada. I' m loving VF5, but I' m a racing junky, and I need my fix.

Warhawk does look pretty nice too. I agree that the IGN video' s sparked my interest more than E3 vids. It showed off the multiplayer gameplay a lot more, and gave us an idea of what they are really working towards.

As a side note, I was thinking we should make a Kikizo clan in Resistance.

You guys in the UK also seem to have cheap HDMI cables. Here in canada they are $70 for 4 feet cables(cheap low quality ones are $55). When I hook up more stuff to my HDMI receiver I think I' m gonna buy the cables online.
uumai

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 03:55
When i get my ps3 i will just be using my ps2 component cable, btu i will borrow my friends hdmi cable to see if there is a difference. If i don' t notice one then fine, if i do i will pick one up asap.

I would like to try these games before launch i don' t know if resistance is the game for me, not being much of an fps fan, but im curious... don' t want to waste £40 on somethign i don' t like anymore... I hope sony see fit to give us a demo online.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 04:17

I hope sony see fit to give us a demo online.

The PSN has a demo available for download. I can' t vouch for its quality, as I picked up a copy of Resistance before trying the demo. I will try it on a demo unit when I go pick up my copy of Motorstorm tommorow.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 04:43

Dagashi
Level 2

I had to do a double take you git. I wondered who you were for a minute...

Hahaha, but yeah some of us have already discussed playing some stuff together when we get out machines.

MotorStorm and Warhawk will be awesome alternatives to the saturated 1st/3rd person shooter genres.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 05:08

Hahaha, but yeah some of us have already discussed playing some stuff together when we get out machines.

MotorStorm and Warhawk will be awesome alternatives to the saturated 1st/3rd person shooter genres.

Haha, yah, I decided to switch to the screen name I use for most of my games and got around to getting an decent avatar. I figured I would use FF because it was the second NES game I owned, after Mario 1. I attribute a large part of my love for RPG' s and turn based games to it. I was only 5 at the time, so it left a lasting impression.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 07:27

Did i miss something?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 08:09
It' s Avarice. For a second there, I actually thought we' d gotten a new member. Stupid me.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 08:56

It' s Avarice. For a second there, I actually thought we' d gotten a new member. Stupid me.

Oh. why is everyone changing names? i want to change mine to masterchefbkw instead of masta. I really didnt mean to make it like that, it just wouldnt let me put masterchefbkw for some gay reason and its pretty clear that theres no masterchefbkw and its not exactly a common name
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 06, 2007 20:41
Anyone see (cough) dl Heroes last night? The kid was playing heavenly sword on a PS3 - nice bit of product placement there for once Sony, normally its MS stuff...
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 4 of 14, messages 61 to 80 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message