Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 2 of 9, messages 21 to 40 of 164
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:40

ORIGINAL: mxpx182
How cheap is it to make a little attatchement for whatever you need. Hell, developers could develope unique attatchments for their games and include them for an extra 5 - 10 bucks.

Actually it' s quite expensive to make a seperate attatchemtn for every game. It' s utter nonsense. On top of that you are now forcing the developer to make these attatchments. Now the developer has to develope hardware on top of software. this is a f*cking joke.
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:41
relax rampage. We have no idea what developers think of it well i knwo that the brilliant Peter polyneux before the show (who most likely saw it since i think he is making games for it) said " never Underestimate Nintendo" which i think it means he likes it and mxpx had the right idea. There is infinite possibility with it.

Also don' t judge it without playing it. I thnk it' s cooler then the ugly PS3 boomerang sausage look-a-like. Which looks uncomfortable.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:47

Actually it' s quite expensive to make a seperate attatchemtn for every game. It' s utter nonsense. On top of that you are now forcing the developer to make these attatchments. Now the developer has to develope hardware on top of software. this is a f*cking joke.

I didn' t say for every game, I said it was a possibility. Put a Microsoft label on it and you' d call it the second coming Rampage. In no way does this lock them out of multi platform games, possibilities are there in so many ways right now. I' m not saying it' s god' s gift to man, but before you discount it as crap, take the time to figure out what it can do, otherwise it makes you sound like a serious fanboy.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:55
Can' t wait to see the final design (if this isn' t it) and get this sucker in my hands. I wonder if I' ll eventually be able to operate my TV, VCR, and DVD player with it!!!!1!!
Rampage99

What?! Don' t even start throwing " fanboy" around. This isn' t a fanboy comment. If MS made this I' d say " f*ck the 360, I want a controller!" and then on.This controller looks like garbage to me end of story. I wanted Nintendo to do well, I really did. This... gah... I' m so dissapointed. And you guys may be throwing all this stuff around about potential and Nintendo not alienating themselves... I' m actually looking at this from a developer standpoint. I have to... I' m majoring in the developement of games. Seriously, getting crazy with a controller makes itvery hard to make it functional with two other consoles that have the same amount of buttons and work generally the same way. Having to create extras just to play the game on the system just hurts developers more.

Don' t like my opinion, that' fine. Don' t start calling me a fanboy though because that' s bullsh*t.
Phoenixxx1974

no offense rampage but i totally agree with mxpx.
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:58
I don' t care.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:58

Apparently this is the design they' re suggesting for FPS, and it is gives it a much more PC feel to controlling the charcter, and aiming.
Terry Bogard

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:03
I think this will be a happier thread if everyone here takes a step back and sings a song together. (' Borrowed' this one from another thread elsewhere)

And a 1, and a 2, and a 1, 2, 3 , 4! Start singing!!

" I like big butts an' I cannot lie.
You otha brothas can' t deny.
That when a girl walks in wit' a itty bitty waist an'
A round thing in yo' face. You get SPRUNG.
Wanna pull up tough, cuz you notice that butt was STUFFED.
Deep in the jeans she' s wearin' .
I' m hooked an' I can' t stop starin' .
Oh baby, I wanna get wit' ya,
An' take yo' picta.
My homeboys tried to warn me.
But that butt you got makes me so horny.
Ooh, rumpled smooth skin.
You say you wanna bet in ma Benz,
Well, use me, use me"

< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 16 Sep 05 5:03:55 >
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:05
' Cause you ain' t that average groupy
I' ve seen them dancin'
The hell with romancin'
She' s sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo ' Vette
I' m tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (Hell yeah!)
Tell ' em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:08
hey we can start our own boy band.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:10
The controller looks annoying. The FPS thing made me laugh...Nintendo should be trying to revolutionize games they are good at making. This entire concept reeks of " we' re so different we are better" that Nintendo has been throwing around. This sorta feels like the handle on the Gamecube...I mean, it' s cool that you have to hold a controller in each hand but really, what' s the point? You' ll most likely still be sitting the thing in your lap playing your games.

No, color me non-impressed. For all the hype that has been coming out about this it' s not really all that great or innovative. It' s two controllers...you hold them in each hand...as I' ve said before, it appears Nintendo is being quarky just for the sake of being quarky.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:10

Playing a real-time strategy game like Starcraft would be extremely fluid and intuitive. Mario Party, we' re sure you can guess, will finally be a completely new experience. What of Zelda or Mario? No word yet, but imagine swinging your sword in Zelda instead of pressing buttons. Or, in Mario, imagine having to grab blocks and build platforms. Also, since the controller flips on its side to work very much like a NES pad, it would be interesting to mix up gameplay and throw in an old-school challenge.

this is a quote from the IGN article. I' m super excited about the idea of RTS' s finally having a home on a console if developers will do it. The bit' s about Mario Party is obvious, the bits about swinging the sword and building the blocks.....meh, that doesnt' really do it for me. I do find it neat that you just flip the remote half on it' s side to make an original NES controller. That would have been the way to play the retro sections of Super Mario Sunshine.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 22:36
I am a bit disappointed, but that opinion is subject to change. I am sure there will be some very cool games that are unique to the system. If I just want to sit down and relax with a game, though, I' m screwed. The video for this controller shows people swinging it like a bat for a baseball game (how do you run bases?), waving it upward just to get Mario to jump (complete with 8-bit jumping sound effect so we' d know why they were doing what they were doing), and playing ping pong with a virtual paddle. While this all souds like great fun (except for the platform jumping part) and is a good way to help kids become less fat-ass, I am thinking this will be a system that thrives on niche games like the DS.

Not that there' s anything wrong with that.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 22:51
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
HUH
WHY WHO CAN TELL ME WHY
WHY
WHY
WTF WHY
WHY WHY WHY WHY
WHY!!!!!
Terry Bogard

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 23:09
Uh Oh, lotusson must' ve just found out that the Revolution controller is female
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 23:27
I' m done with Nintendo. There' s no way I' m paying hundreds of dollars for a console that' s going to have an even smaller selection of games than the Gamecube. And while I' m all about innovation, not every innovative idea is worth supporting. I' m quite sure the Revolution will have 3-4 good titles released a year that are just mind blowing...... but a handful of good games won' t be enough when the PS3/360 will have tons more. There' s no way I' m ever going to support this, so don' t even ask.
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 02:31

If I just want to sit down and relax with a game, though, I' m screwed.

That' s actually one of the concerns I' ve had with it for a while. Anyway the actual controller looks to be a pretty neat and...odd idea but hopefully it won' t just be a novelty. As I' ve said before, I' m already perfectly content with the current controllers and I don' t know if I' ll be able to handle such a dramatic change.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 03:08
The controller...
look...

... horrible...

Nintendo... why?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 04:21
Some posts here make me wonder are these guys even gamers?

It just looks like u' ve been waiting to trash the thing for weeks :)

Sure it' s new and simple people get scared when something new appears.

Strangely most people " haters" didn' t seem to check more than pics - that could be the reason. :)

U' re saying that it' s so hard to make an accesoryfor the controller , but games like donkey konga aren' t more expensive than the regular ones , and they include a huge add-on.

If u choose to be ignorant u will be quite happy not knowing what u' ve missed so it' s a great solution for everybody :)

Right now both PS3 and Xbox 360 seem to be 10 years behind Nintendo for me.

Best FPS control
Strategy games (plus Sega owns Rome Total War Developer) on consoles?
Browsing the Web with a mouse like device?
Attachments that can be almost anything
200$ for the best looks , size and lowest noise of all nextgen systems
Wavebird compatible
Making most old genres completely new by one controller
Still supporting this generations control mechanics (analog add on)

' tis a fuckin' winner for me

Well u smart people , and some of you are developers (wow that' s incredible hahahah) do seem to have a good point on 3rd party.After all DS showed that psp is the way to go and that publishers just don' t care ...WAIT ...maybe it was the other way around? hmm
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHH
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 2 of 9, messages 21 to 40 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread