Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 6 of 9, messages 101 to 120 of 164
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 08:20
well u love 400$ xbox price tag so what' s the problem?
if I remember correctly the HD cable costs 40$ alone
Man u' re just a Hater for no reason and now that bitchin' has prooved it.
Thankfully you can get that 360 u love so much and don' t really have to come here and say stupid anty N shit that has no connections to reality :)
Seriously up till now I thought u just didn' t read carefully or something , but now it' s hard not to notice your shitty attitude man.
Say since u' re giving your opinions from developers point of view ...what company do you work for huh? I just wonder :)
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 08:43

well u love 400$ xbox price tag so what' s the problem?
if I remember correctly the HD cable costs 40$ alone
Man u' re just a Hater for no reason and now that bitchin' has prooved it.
Thankfully you can get that 360 u love so much and don' t really have to come here and say stupid anty N shit that has no connections to reality :)
Seriously up till now I thought u just didn' t read carefully or something , but now it' s hard not to notice your shitty attitude man.
Say since u' re giving your opinions from developers point of view ...what company do you work for huh? I just wonder :)

That' s why you buy the $400 dollar package...so you don' t have to fool around buying the add-ons. Secondly, you offered the oppurtunity to hate on your post and he took it. And since obviously you don' t read the forums carefully let me explain to you that Rampage is going to school to become a developer. Please save your snide comments for when you actually have something snide to comment about.
< Message edited by yoshimitsu15 -- 17 Sep 05 16:43:44 >
Mattcrowther00

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 08:43
Hey all, I' m new to these forums, but been a long time lurker, so hi all!

Anyway, I just had to sign up after seeing so many negative remarks about the new controller!

As soon as something fresh and original comes up the world just loves to slag it off and stick with what they know. Their loss, I say!

Nintendo is good at what it does - making profit at making fun games for people to enjoy. This generation I believe that they see themselves in the unique position of being firstly a console that will appeal to new users, but also as a second console alongside a ps3/x360 for hardcore players. And that' s not including the people who will buy the console because of:
a) Being fans of nintendo
and b) Being the most affordable console on the market

In my eyes that' s Ninty being a winner! They may not place number 1 in the ratings, but they will no doubt make a LOT of money!

As for what games we will see on the console - well the possibilities are endless!

NiGHTS has never seen a sequal or indeed never became what it was originally intended because of control limitations - Back in the day Sega has planned on making a " wand" to control precise movement within the game in full 3d - every movement being matched onscreen. This was scrapped in favour of the less precise, but to all us more familier input method.

Now, after all these years I see the Rev as the perfect time for a new NiGHTS game! magine being able to perform astounding acrobatical feats by the movement of your own hands - not how well you can bang buttons or work a joystck, but by your OWN skill!

As someone else said, Samba de Amigo would be fantastic on this kit (And strangly another Sonic Team game - maybe the scrapped NiGHTS controller was changed to the Maracca controller?)

Imagine a first person RPG in the style of Morrowind - Use the analogue controller to move, and the remote as your sword! You dont need more buttons for different attacks - just change the blows with your own movement! Need a block button? nope, just hold the controller in a parry! But surely you need some more buttons to access menus? I dont think so, we have 3 triggers! One of those could open various menus that you navigate by pointing the remote at the screen. Stealth and sneaking? Just make slow precise movements! Running? Move the remote faster!

From this we can see how we dont really need that many buttons!

And as for the cries of " oh no I dont want to have to buy so many add-ons" I really think that nintendo themselves would be the first devs to use any such add-ons - including them with the game itself! So if mario revolution uses a wavebird style control with the added advantages of motion sensing, then mario will get it - chances are any important things like that would be launch titles, packed in the box, or simply affordable! No-one moaned about rumble packs and memory cards back in the day - anything NEEDED will be included!

To cut a long story short, I really cant wait to try out this new machine - And I cant wait to see what NEW games we get on the revolution!

Everyone seems to want more realistic graphics, but when something comes that could possibly offer more realisting control methods rather than an out-dated and ultimatly not as accurate joypad you all scoff!

But like TREX said...

" You can' t fool the children of the revolution"
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 08:50
That' s just it though...all you have is possibilities. How much better would this announcement have been if Nintendo had released 3 or 4 games that demonstrated how the new controller would work? And maybe it' s just me but I don' t want to be waving my arm all around in a FPS...I' ve played virual reality games where you get the sword and it was annoying and I imagine this is going to be sort of the same.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 09:20
i can' t help but think of when the sega saturn, the n64 and the ps wher released and the only one with an analog stick that was built in from the start was the N64...now the analog stick is standard with every system. so who knows.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 09:21
Obviously you are the one lacking reading comprehension gangsta.

1-Yes, I will pay $400 for the total 360 package. It' s also a much more advanced machine than the Revolution and it warrants its price. Also, the HD cables come standard with it along with it. the controller also comes as a whole and I don' t have to go out and buy extra pieces for it just to it will work. If I do need more controllers I just buy 3 more controllers. With the Rev I' ll have too buy three more controllers plus three more add ons just so everyone can play. Yeah, really logical stuff there,

2-

Thankfully you can get that 360 u love so much and don' t really have to come here and say stupid anty N shit that has no connections to reality

Wow, that was really nice. Looks to me like you are the one b*tchin' . Again, maybe if you learned how to read you' d know that I' ve been wanting a Revolution. I like Nintendo. I' m not a " hater" . I grew up with Nintendo. I just think they have taken a serious fall and to me this controller proves it. It' s my opinion. It doesn' t matter if you like it or not.

3-Of course I have a sh*tty attitude right now. Nintendo' s entire focus for their new console was the controller. Not the system itself, not the games, but the controller. they were making it sound like the second coming of Christ. Then they finally unviel what' s supposed to sell the console and it looks like a remote that' s been stripped down. Then they' retelling me I' ll have to buy extra parts to play different games! That' s BS! Not even Sony is doing that! They aren' t even showing any games right now to catch my interest. they over hyped the damn thing and that' s why I' m pissed. I still want the Rev (though without any games shown yet I' m starting to stray) but I' ll be happy with a GC controller for it. you can blindy crave a system over its controller but most gamers want a console for games and not the controller.

4-As Yosh said, I' m in school to be a developer. The Art Institue of Fort Lauderdale. We are taught by actual developers. I only have two years left and my course director likes my stuff and a group I work with so much he' s taking us to GDC and E3 next year. Now I don' t know how much you know abpout developing but I' m actually majoring in it. My college is already working on getting me a job in the field even before I graduate. But no... I have no idea what the hell I' m talking about.
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 09:22
like i said before Nintendo will most likely give you an option since you are allowed to connect gamecube controllers just use those.

But here is what it all boils down to:

" if you don' t like it then don' t buy it " it' s as simple as that.

Nintendo knows if you want the same ol' gameplay the X360 and the PS3 have that convered but if you want new type of gameplay buy theirs. I think it wil be like the DS thing it wil do awesome in Japan but in the US it might lose to people not wanting to try anything new and just sitck with MS and Sony.

People fear change.
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 09:23

ORIGINAL: yoshimitsu15

That' s just it though...all you have is possibilities. How much better would this announcement have been if Nintendo had released 3 or 4 games that demonstrated how the new controller would work? And maybe it' s just me but I don' t want to be waving my arm all around in a FPS...I' ve played virual reality games where you get the sword and it was annoying and I imagine this is going to be sort of the same.

Exactly.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 10:56
Interestingly it' s the developers themselves who said how much they liked it, I can only assume they are also speaking from a developers point of view. In fact the only person who' s used the thing who didn' t like it that I' ve heard is seanbaby from EGM. Considering he' s a humor writer, I' m not sure what to think of his comments.
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 11:22
Yeah, everyone wants to try it out. It' s a new toy. the problem is while it may be fun to use for a certain nintendo specific games, it limits everything else.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 12:19
I guess we' ll just have to agree to disagree Rampage, I think the only thing that will be limited will be the possibilities. Designers are smart, and they are going to think up things we can' t imagine for this thing that will transform current control standards for everyday games.

The biggest hurdle will easily be public perception. Nintendo HAS to advertise this thing and show how it can be used for ALL games. It can be the best thing ever and not succeed if people don' t understand it. The japanese add won' t be the type we see here, that kind of thing appears to japanese culture. If NOA is smart they' ll start talking to EA, UBIsoft, SQUARE ENIX, etc and get a quick little demo game made from each company that they can use in promos showing how the thing is used for normal gaming conventions. That' s what scares me the most, is that Nintendo just expects people to like it, and won' t bother prooving why they should.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 17 Sep 05 20:22:59 >
Napilopez

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 13:01
Hi, I' m new to these forums, but I wanted to read user opinions and well the discussion interested me so I thought I should reply.

First I want to say that I' m a self-declared Nintendo Fanboy, I admit it, but I am not a naive and narrow-minded, I know when Nintendo does something wrong. Second I want to say to stop attacking Rampage, he' s entitled to his opinion, and since he' s studying to be a developer he probably know a lot more about what he' s talking about then most of us do. But I disagree with him.

When I first saw this controller I thought of it as a joke, or some sort of a mock-up that IGN made to get us excited. I mean only 2 buttons to be used at a time? With only one hand? Then I realized those pictures were official and I thought Nintendo had lost it' s mind. But then I learned of it' s features, all it could do and Star Wars immediately came to mind as the perfect game for this controller(funny ' cause I' ve never been much into Star Wars). No more button pressing to swing your lightsaber. This time I' m actually going to be able to stand up and swing my controller like I always did when I was younger. And speaking about that, the Nintendo Revolution does have THEMOST RE feature ever, the " Anti-Spend-5-hours-trying-to-teach-your-5-year-old-cousin-or-your-50-year-old-dad-how-to-press-more-than-one-or-2-buttons-at-a-time" Feature. I can finally play in peace knowing that it won' t take me more than 5 minutes to get my little cousin to understand how to play Mario or whatever. My parents will finally take a different point of view about videogames, actually they already have from when I showed them the commercial. It' s simple and easy to use.

No need to worry about confort from waht I' ve read, according to IGN " It feels very comfortable and, as you can see, looks sleek too." And about the lack of buttons: " It' s easy to believe that third parties could be alienated by this device. However, the good news is that Nintendo has thought of that potential drawback and taken measures to address it. The Big N has developed a conventional controller shell that, according to executives, looks more like a Wave Bird. The " pointer" remote can be inserted into this shell so that more traditional games can be enjoyed as they always have. Obviously, it will be this shell that enables players to experience Super NES and N64 games on the platform. The even better news is that because the sensory functionality of the device remains operational even when it' s in the shell, games like Madden could actually be expanded. Imagine, for instance, having access to all of the controls of a standard controller plus 3D movement options. Icon passing just got a whole lot easier." So unless that shell is not released with the system, or is extremely expensive, I cant see just what the problem is with the lack of button. Except for baseball I aleways thought that the GC had the best button configuration cause everything was where I needed it to.

Continuing on the comfort issue, I also cannot find what the problem is about holding the controller in the air, I mean you do it all the time with a conventional 2-handed controller, and most younger kids spend their whole time swinging the controller about in a fruitless effort of getting their character or racecar to move more. And I SERIOUSLY doubt that you will need to swing the controller as excessively as the fake Link in the Revolution Promo Video did, according to IGN the controller is very sensitive and in some cases they had to use 2 hands to stabalize their movements because they were so excessive. Not to mention that most developers will include sensitivity settings for advanced games.

This controller will get me back into console gaming. I have transfered to PC gaming because I became tired of the same old things on the consoles everytime; the only reason I haven' t sold my GameCube is because of the upcoming Zelda game. The only non-PC videogame system I own is a DS because of how different it is, it was able to catch my interest. I am not impressed by the PS3 at all(especially because I hate that boomerang controler), and I only like the xbox 360 because of the interconnectivity of Xbox Live and the Media Center features, but I wont buy a XBox for that when I have a PC already.

Finally I want to look at this from a business standpoint, after all, Nintendo is a company, and their in it to make money. I have already seen many people that never were into videogames starting to like the Revolution once I showed it to them. The younger ones were like " COOL!!! OMG THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!!" my parents, were impressed, I could trell by the looks of their faces. One of the girls I showed the REV to said " Thats so weird, but it' s hot" , and most others seemed to like the idea of it. From gamers, the responses were mixed, many, if not most, worried about the lack of buttons, but once I showed them the analog stick attachment and told them of the Controller shell concept, their worries seemed to be eased. Nintendo' s main objective is to get non-gamers into gaming, and they took the only possible solution to this by taking a radically different standpoint on their products.

Wow that was long.

EDIT: I agree with mxpx182 in that it worries me that Nintendo may just assume that people are going to like it. If what they really want is to get non-gamers into gaming then they must advertise it thoroughly. Non-games are not going to be spending 3 hours on the PC looking for every detail of the Revolution that they can get.
< Message edited by Napilopez -- 17 Sep 05 21:05:23 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 13:28

This controller will get me back into console gaming. I have transfered to PC gaming because I became tired of the same old things on the consoles everytime; the only reason I haven' t sold my GameCube is because of the upcoming Zelda game. The only non-PC videogame system I own is a DS because of how different it is, it was able to catch my interest. I am not impressed by the PS3 at all(especially because I hate that boomerang controler), and I only like the xbox 360 because of the interconnectivity of Xbox Live and the Media Center features, but I wont buy a XBox for that when I have a PC already.

And pc gaming?

wow a new fps with just diffrent graphic?
A new mmoprg with just better graphic?
A rts with just better graphic?

Atleast halo gaved some new elements to a fps and so will gears of war with its cool cover system.And consoles games brings new game ideas and elemnt to the market every year,while pc developers that has to be so afraid of what people have for rig and that they dont dl their games just play safe with every game and doesnt push the limits.

I left pc world for a long time and my pc p4 3ghz 1024 ram ati radeon 9800 xt 256 mb i bought for 2 years ago just dust,and used for game videos and to store some dl videos.

Future owner of xbox360+ps3+nr,but not a new pc graphic card its just a waste of my money.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 14:01

Future owner of xbox360+ps3+nr,but not a new pc graphic card its just a waste of my money.

No it is not. There are some graphic cards you can use a lot of time, but they will have their bugz, too. A console can' t reach its limit and shut down or something because the games are made for the one and only system who has the same power everywhere.
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 14:36
I rather play on a system that is optimize for the game code,that everyone has the same enjoyment and fps with.
Then like in some competition games where the diffrent use of mouse pc specc and comp screen is the key factors.
I mean SK in cs played on 130 hz pc screens,with a special keyboard/mouse.
How many does that?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 14:42

That' s just it though...all you have is possibilities. How much better would this announcement have been if Nintendo had released 3 or 4 games that demonstrated how the new controller would work?

Yoshimitsu :
Yeah very smart but I don' t think you mean games showing posibilities of the controller - what you mean is showing Revolution titles with nextgen graphics.
Why do I think that? Cuz the " games" showing Controller capabilities were shown on TGS and if you don' t know that ..hmmm you might not be the right person to say what Nintendo' s done wrong or right .

1.The Developer

Well I' m asking about that developer thing because on some other posts I' ve read stuff like " I' m saying it from developers point of view" or something and that got me thinking u might just be one :)

2.Learning to be a developer?

Now that' s what most of us would love to do so I truly envy you , but saying that true developers teach you and that you know a lot just because you' re learning hmmm BS my friend.

A) Epic is your goal? A PC developer with some good and mediocre games for the PC market but with outstanding graphics.That' s your choice but it just shows that you are not a kind of developer who' d understand the N' s revolution.Still you fit perfectly with the Xbox 360 :)

B)You say that the REAL developers teach you and that' s why you know what you' re saying? Tell me did Kojima-san , Yu Suzuki ,Yuji Naka , Hironobu Sakaguchi , Miyamoto-San or maybe Tim Shaffer taught you anything?Because some low shot American or European developer doesn' t know shit and would most likely say exactly what you' re saiyng in response to Revolution even though they all grew up with Nintendo (Shit... man who didn' t? It' s not like gamers had a choice)

3.The Add-ons
Y' All keep saying that you need to pay so much for all the extra add-ons - You don' t buy a god damn N Revolution system to play games on wavebird man.The analog addon included with console is just enough for people interested in the fresh and funky new way of having fun.
You want to play SSX? You can - even Ubisoft made a special use of touchscreen on DS in SC (the game was crap , yeah I know but it did use a lot of DS innovation).

Just let the ideas of control mechanics be handled by those who' ve finished learning to be a developer already and with great results.

And you even said that you don' t play with your contoller on your knees while you think people will get tired? How? You don' t force a two hands position because you have both hands separate and the controller is lighter then your Xbox pad (yeah the one you keep in the air and don' t get tired).

Battery life has been mentioned - it' s just stupid people - that' s what you can say about PS3 and Xbox360 as well - yep all wireless and battery dependent.

I think it' s a great think for both 3rd and first party titles.The next bitchin' stop is " Revolution Specs" - I think you will be surprised.

The Revolution was told to be the System , Technology behind it , Controller and the way they are all connected.

I' m not trying to convince you to Rev - I' m showing that you wouldn' t dare to say you' ve like it even if you' ve tried and enjoyed it :)

And for the best graphics the PC is your choice and you can get Xbox360 controller for windows man - did you know that ? The ultimate Splinter Cell Experience is out there looking for you :)

]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 14:51
Oh and Rampage you need to buy a battery pack and an USB charger cable for X360 even if you got the Premium Pack (unless you want to change the batteries from time to time) plus Technology is not only GPU , but you knew that since you' re so good at school right? :)
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 14:57
Shit I forgot one more thing sorry for flooding with posts -but you do realise that you' ll have to pay extra cash monthly for Xbox Live Gold don' t you? You know that online play service that Nintendo says will be free?Yeah you can say that Live is here and works great and we don' t know what nintendo will come up with but it' s just it - you don' t know if they will ruin it so why say they will if they didn' t ruin too much lately?

That' s it from me sorry for the flooding and Rampage it really isn' t anything personal :)
Napilopez

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 15:07
Quezcatol, I assure you that I would much rather play videogames on a console than on a PC. While I am much more skilled on a PC than most people, I still hate having to customize SO MUCH, and how PC' s always get bugs and they crash and blah blah blah. The only reason I play PC games now is because I feel I' m getting nothing new on the console systems, at least for now

At least on PC' s I can play with a mouse, or just the keyboard, or a joystick, or a controller.
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 15:12
Actually there is mouse out for xbox,but a keyboard?
Rather use a handcontroller in every game.
And the controller ususally sux in pc.
Ofc you gonna be able to use your xbox360 controller to some pc games,but they arn' t optimize for pc games anyway.
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 6 of 9, messages 101 to 120 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message