Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed
Change Page: < 123456789 | Showing page 9 of 9, messages 161 to 164 of 164
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 24, 2005 15:23

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

GI: You’re always outspoken about what you think about hardware. I was wondering if you had a chance to see the Revolution controller and what do you think about it.

Itagaki: I think it’s good if it can be used as a sword or something like that – it would be really different. It would be very tiring. If you use that with my games, and it’s speed you’ll end up with a bigger right arm (laughs). Frankly I think Nintendo’s hardware presentation is just great. I just saw the trailer, and saw it multiple times and I was laughing my ass off. To be top notch you need to be able to make people laugh.

Btw in a interview with itagaki creator of doa/ninja gaiden for gameinformer he said xbox360 is gonna be the best console,since ps3 is to complicated to work on.

It doesn' t suprise me that he thinks PS3 will be very hard to work on since it is the same with PS2.
But as gamers, I think we should have in mind that he says XBOX360 is better from a DEVELOPER point of view. This means that to him, as a developer, making games will be easier on XBOX360. But here is the thing, XBOX (1) was much easier to work with than PS2 but that doesn' t make XBOX better than PS2, something i think most would agree with.
So as gamers we should ignore those words about XBOX 360 being better.
A game is good, not because it was easy to create, but rather because it was a good idea behind the game.
I agree with the thing that you would get tired of using a Revolution controller though but I like that. I won' t have to go to the gym anymore! Wohoo!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Oct 01, 2005 14:42
hehe I don' t think it' s possible to get that tired with it - on G4 tv there was a Video Roundtable and one guy who played all the DEMOS (REV Controller DEMOS) said that the hand movement is minimal and works great , plus it' s very comfortable cause you don' t force the 2hand position and just sit relaxed.
I actually can imagine that and think it' s true , but I did not play those demos.:)

X360 is the best console for Itagaki? So what Xbox was the best system for him as well that doesn' t mean anything for the industry.

Developers want to make games for the best selling systems like PS2 (or PS3) no matter how hard it is to program.It' s money baby and that' s what it' s all about .
< Message edited by ]GaNgStA[ -- 1 Oct 05 22:43:53 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Oct 01, 2005 14:58
I laughed at the controller when i first saw it,but the more i see the more im intrested in it... seeing a guy using the remote as a sword/pistol, or even by moving it up and down to make the character in a game to jump was very intresting.
hm...nvm,im getting NR even what people say or gonna about it.
I always want every console,and i have a place in my heart for Nintendo.
Would be intresting in a zelda game,where you move Link with left hand joystick then move the remote like how you want link to slash his sword vs ganon yummy.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Oct 02, 2005 10:05
I think the controller seems so fun to use that I would like to play a digging game with it. Just plain digging, in a sandbox or something, like when you were a kid. And all you do in the game is dig, dig and some more digging. Maybe building a sandcastle or two. Wow, I' d play that for hours every day. I know it sounds like I' m joking but I' m serious. How about a competition where the player who digs the deepest hole wins?
Or maybe a game where you chop down trees with an axe. That would be great. With some great audio of the axe hitting the tree, I think it would be a hit. If the axe is not enough, you can throw in a saw. Just imagine doing chopoing and sawing motions with the controller. And you can compete with your friends -who can cut down the tree the fastest?
A fetish game where you have a leather whip and....well you get the idea, that would appeal to older audiences.
Artist would probably like a painting game where you use the controller as a brush. And by being close or far away from the TV you deside the pressure of the pen or brush. Who needs paint and expensive paper when you can do it all on the Revolution? Share the pictures in an online art-gallery and get famous!

Aah, the possibilities!
Change Page: < 123456789 | Showing page 9 of 9, messages 161 to 164 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread