Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 3 of 9, messages 41 to 60 of 164
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 04:24
I rather play some games with 2 hands on 1 controller.

But sure i looked on it more and it seems quite nice.
And i wonder if that right controller will work on fps like duckhunt worked for NES.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 04:41
Those who played metroid on it (with analog add on) say it' s better than mouse and keyboard (IGN , GameSpot) so I trust that judgement.

It' s not just pointing but also tilting and twisting the contoler plus analog stick in other hand with 2 aditional buttons (Z1 and Z2).
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 04:47
Still it is quite new for everybody so it' s a question of

" whether u believe this will be great or not?"

But if u said no to that question when DS was coming out - wouldn' t u say u were wrong?

If someone can make it the cool - it' s Nintendo.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 05:33
I like the idea of touch screen. I wish they would have used that over this remote. I seriously can' t call it a controller. I' m so dissapointed. Oh, and for Donkey Konga, that was first party. Nintendo can make it cheap if they want since they are a hardware manufacturer. Regular software developers are now going to have to fork over extra dough to hire a hardware manufacturer or add on to their own company just to produce an extra piece. Take Steel Battalion for example. I know the controller is massive, but it really didn' t warrant $150 for the controller. It' s simply because suddenly the company has to do reaserch and development on a new piece of hardware, design it, repeatedly test it, then find a manufacturer that is going to make it. That' s extra money that has to be spent on every port that comes to the Rev.

Most likely 85% of games now will just use the old Cube controller because it will be too pointless to develope for this remote. Thank God they will still be using the GC controller, that gives me a little more hope. Seriously though, imho this is the biggest let down I' ve seen in gaming tied with Halo 2.
Ogni

• Total Posts : 16
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 05:34
Great idea! Can' t wait to get my hands on this!!!

CANNOT WAIT FOR MY SAMBA DE AMIGO PORT ON REV!!!!!!!!!

(it will just be perfect, all you need is two controllers!!!! ^_^)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 07:22
Yesterday I was completely intrigued by the controller' s design and awaiting a final design and also the opportunity to get my hands on one of those suckers one day ...

This morning during the commute to work I started thinking about the controller again and the gameplay possibilities and I think it' s gonna be f***ing Awesome! I' m now completely SOLD on this controller idea..

I think it' s gonna be lots of fun just trying to learn how to use the thing properly with each game.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 16 Sep 05 15:26:58 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 07:26
Wouldn' t small kids get tired in ther arm after awhile playing it?
And also i would rather have 2 hands on my controller when playing a RPG for ex...
But i need to try the controller myself before i can judge it,ofc nintendo and some new people who get to try it are gonna get cuaght up in the hype Nintendo created.
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 08:04
I can' t wait to see them try and use this for a fighting game...
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 08:40
I couldnt really believe this when i saw it...but i think i can dig it. sucks that now i want alll 3 equally.

crap.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 09:41
rampage your problem is that your thinking is based on current controls ...you have to free your mind :) - check IGN roundtable they have some pretty cool ideas for all genres.

Seriously it will definitly be unable to control fighting games , fpp and all others like your normal controller - is it a bad thing? Could be ...but nintendo is not that big of a risk taker - it seemed foolish with the DS yet they prooved it is good for what it is and 3rd party developers use that damn touch screen actually

My guess is this revolution is beyond all the bits of info we' ve got - I' ve seen donkey konga , it didn' t look fun - I had to try it.Same with Dance Dance revolution.
That' s what games are all about -GAMEPLAY that u cannot see ...u have to fill it.

Well we all have to admit that at least this industry is getting very interesting and true gamers won' t be bored this generation cause there' s a something for everyone

God I just luv the look of that Apple like beauty :)
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 10:00

i can' t wait for you to quit being so cynical....just cause you can' t comprehend playing splinter cell with it on your x-box doesn' t mean it' s the worst piece of crap ever made.
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 10:13
I thought the same thing...it doesnt seem to work for fighting games,but then you could use the gc controller?
But its not the best either...
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 10:15

ORIGINAL: the.ben

i can' t wait for you to quit being so cynical....just cause you can' t comprehend playing splinter cell with it on your x-box doesn' t mean it' s the worst piece of crap ever made.

What? Stfu. Splinter Cell and my Xbox have nothing to do with this. I' m completely entitled to my opinion.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 16 Sep 05 18:25:05 >
Gawst_Smeva

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 10:17
What a silly design. At first I thought it was a media remote, but it isn' t. Not only is it not aesthetically pleasing, it appears to be not very functional. Even with the goofy analog stick accessory, I couldn' t imagine playing a first-person shooter. I don' t know what Nintendo is thinking.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 10:46
I have to agree with Joe...sitting down, relaxing and playing a game with that thing looks like it would be pain.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Fighting games seem to be a problem in my head right now tyring to wrap my head around it. And I' m also not a fan of the idea of waving the controller every time I want to make mario jump, although I don' t think that' ll be the case. I think Nintendo was showing that to show that you CAN do that if developers choose. Let' s not forget the suppopsed analog attachment as at least 2 shoulder buttons, who knows, they could add a trigger, and the remote half has 4 buttons for game play, so absolutely no reason you couldn' t use all those buttons to control Mario' s jumps and punches, while using the gyroscopic effect of it for something far more useful such as controlling the camera.

Rampage99, you are entitled to your opinion, I just think you' re being a little close minded is all. Hey, I know you' re a big splinter cell fan, think of this, since that game is all about stealth, imagine how it can be used to control Sam Fisher' s body. Analog control in left hand controlling direction of movement, remote in right hand perhaps being used to Balance Sam as he walks across a narrow beam. Rather than pressing a button to duck, you tilt the controller down, the lower you tilt it the further he ducks till he gets down into a lying down position.

I don' t think there' s going to be as much waving around as everybody thinks. I put a gamecube controller in my moms hands and she' s swinging that damn thing all over the place just cause she doesn' t know how to use it. This device is going to have to be precise, and isn' t going to require huge shifts, but since nobody knows how to use it, they swing it all over the damn place. Hands on impressions all seem to tell me that once you just settle down with it, and keep it on your lap like a regular controller it' s much more natural.

I' m most excited for RPG' s. I like the idea of pointing the controller to select the enemy to attack, or which item to examine, or which item to use or grab from my inventory.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 16 Sep 05 18:47:13 >
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
did anyone else notice that in the video for the controller, the small ' a' and ' b' buttons were actually labelled ' x' and ' y' ???
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 10:49
all you people who say it sucks and don' t want to use it forget it has ports to plug in Gamecube controllers. SO you have the option of sticking with normal controllers. Not every game will use the wand. Just like the DS on Advance wars, you don' t have to use the touch screen if yo don' t want, they give you the option of using the normal D-pad and buttons.

I applaud Nintendo for being different and changing the gaming industry that is what they do best. THey know PS3 and Xbox weill have the same normal controllers and want to have somethign new plus they still have the normal GCN controllers to satisfy nay sayers. Well that is just my idea of it.
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 11:16
I think its pretty scaring that many people recommend a lot of us future NR buyers to now go and play with GC controller...
So basically the only cool thing about NR is now backward compitable that will also cost money?
Doesnt feel so next gen...
That control look intresting only because its so diffrent.
And no i dont care what some people from a magz/internet site says about it,they also cant finsih a normal game.
They are the last people i would ask for.
Like some said,i could beat any with a mouse with this controller...okay,lets meet sk in cs ?
Oh you can beat some reporters in fps...ah that says it all.

But anyway not gonna complain to much,i wanna try it first.
It does look intresting but it doesnt look like a control i reallyt think is revolution or gonna buy the console for.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 11:31
I agree Quetzacotal about using the gamecube controller all the time. I really hope that' s not the route developers take. New systme, new controller, that' s how it should be. I think that pretty much any function I can think of on current controllers can be mapped to the Revolutions controllers with just a little thinking, and even be made better a lot of the time. One exception is a game like SSX where all 4 shoulder buttons are required to perform tricks. I understand that tilting the remote half could designate your rotation, but not sure how I can do all of my trick combinations with only really 4 buttons at easy access rather than the 6 that are used in SSX.( don' t really use circle and triangle).
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 3 of 9, messages 41 to 60 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message