Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 7 of 9, messages 121 to 140 of 164
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 15:40
Gangsta, I' m just gonna ignore you from this point on because there was so much ignorance in those posts I wanted to hurl. I would like to mention one or two things though-

A) Epic is your goal? A PC developer with some good and mediocre games for the PC market but with outstanding graphics.That' s your choice but it just shows that you are not a kind of developer who' d understand the N' s revolution.Still you fit perfectly with the Xbox 360 :)

That was just an asshole remark. you proved how much of a fanboy you are. But yes, I do want to work for epic because of their graphics. Considering I' m majoring in the ART part of it and just do concept designs and characters, I wouldn' t be the one doing gameplay anyway. Since Epic has an incredible art style and the best tech for graphics, it' s exactly where I want to work. They also make an ass load of money which is always good.

And for the best graphics the PC is your choice and you can get Xbox360 controller for windows man - did you know that ? The ultimate Splinter Cell Experience is out there looking for you :)

plus Technology is not only GPU , but you knew that since you' re so good at school right? :)

Those two go hand in hand. Pure ignorance. You' re right the technology is not just the GPU, it' s the total package. The Xbox 360 is featuring more power in it then any computer to date and more more powerful than computers that will come out in the next two years. there aren' t any 3 core processors on the market. There aren' t an GPUs featuring built in RAM. There aren' t any PCs with the custom motherboard. There isn' t a computer that can handle what the 360 is capable of. It' s a super computer. Bethseda already said Oblivion would run on the 360 thatn any PC out there.

You obviously know nothing about the difference in consoles or anything else for that matter. Because of your complete stupidity on the subject on the constant picking on me I' m not even going to bother with you. You' re a fanboy and there is no use even debating with you. Complete and total ignorance.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 17:08
Just the graphic card in xbox360 is worth my 500 dollar.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 17:10

Shit I forgot one more thing sorry for flooding with posts -but you do realise that you' ll have to pay extra cash monthly for Xbox Live Gold don' t you? You know that online play service that Nintendo says will be free?Yeah you can say that Live is here and works great and we don' t know what nintendo will come up with but it' s just it - you don' t know if they will ruin it so why say they will if they didn' t ruin too much lately?

That' s it from me sorry for the flooding and Rampage it really isn' t anything personal :)

If it was gonna be as amazing and well done as xbox360 they would have talked about it.
They gonna take a fee for downloading old games,so ...basically sadly people gonna go emu etc.
Napilopez

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 18:55
Well if there is at least ONE positive area with revolution is that it is virtually impossible to emulate on a computer. Sure the graphics are within reach(or at least will be sooner or later), but how the heck are people supposed to emulate the controller? Im not going to use my mouse to swing around my sword in Zelda not to mention that the mouse only covers movement left, right, up and down, whilest the revolution covers the entire 3 dimensions.

*Dreams about playing Zelda on this thing, swinging my controller about and " accidentaly" hitting my annoying sister.*
< Message edited by Napilopez -- 18 Sep 05 2:57:42 >
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 17, 2005 20:10
i hate the new controller.im disappointed in nintendo
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 18, 2005 03:16
Rampage99 - PC Cards with that architecture (of xbox360 ) will come out pretty quick you should know that and PC' s will catch up on you pretty quick.

Still you have a lot of BS in your last post but it' s not the place to teach you about Xbox :)
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 18, 2005 03:50
I don' t know if anyone has posted this info already (I just don' t have the time to read 13 pages of messages were half of them are full of non-related crap :P) but you who are complaining about the controller not being able to play multi-platform games or old games in a convenient way will be pleasently suprised:
I read on IGN that Nintendo has planned to release a " controller-shell" . It' s looks and works as a regular controller but has a slot in which you insert your " Nintendo-remote" . Thus you have a regular controller with the xbox360/PS3 standard but with the extra functions of the Nintendo-remote. Yeah! And about the 3rd party companies, EA has given positive response to the controller which should mean lots of great games from their side. I' d love to play a golf game on Revolution. To actually use the same motion you do on the golf court instead of pressing a button...wow...
Look at the pretty picture of the controller shell IGN has made:
http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559/img_3077147.aspx

And remember kids: IGN=good, Kikizo=better, Me=best
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 18, 2005 05:43
When something is innovative it always encounters skepticism. I like the new controller, and I think Nintendo ROCKS for having the balls to say, " Do we really NEED to add 2 more buttons everytime a new console hits the market?" They' ve taken the opposite approach, and I applaud them for it.

As far as whether the controller will be fun and intuitive to use, we' ll see.

I bought the Gamecube for just one game (Metroid Prime) and I think Metroid on the Rev is gonna be SICK with this controller! Move with the analog, aim with the remote. SWEEEEET!
Ra117

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 18, 2005 09:53
I like to make sure I understand as much as possible about a subject before I step into an arguement. I hate being proved wrong more than anything else.
Anyway, I build computers so I understand the tech. that goes into them. Plus I' ve read articles about the tech that goes into the 360 and ps3. Personally, the 360' s hardware is making me drool. I have to agree with rampage on alot of his opinions. This does not mean I dislike the Rev. controller. I think it will be interesting to see what it can do. But about what gangsta said about computers having the same technology soon, that is complete and utter BS. Dual core processors are just about to come out, triple core processors won' t come out untill late next year at the earliest, most likely midway through 2007. The Ps3 is nice as well, but after some deciphering is done, it is more powerful for anything other then games. It is not designed to make games easier to run or program, while the 360 is built to run and program games. The Ps3 is a beast, the 360 is a beast. The 360 is more of a beast when it comes to video games.

This might be the first consol cycle in which I actually buy all three systems, and if it is it will be in this order: 360, Rev., Ps3. That way I can get my powerful system and my innovation followed by more power.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 18, 2005 11:45
True

But all current Xbox 360 games use one core and the thing that PC' s will get very soon is ATI' s new line of GPU (with all the new and groundbreaking innovations like unified pipeline).

I meant Graphics Cards not all the Tech behind 360.

Oh and you should know that new intel' s multi-core CPU' s that were about to ship somewhere in 2007 are actually going to come out much sooner (official from intel).

It may be bullshit for you , but I' ve never seen a new nextgen videogames system beat a 5 months younger PC (and I hate those F%^&* PC' s for that) in graphics department.
Adding to that that this system is not to be upgraded for 5 years it is pretty obvious that BS is not the word my friend.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 18, 2005 17:02
I didn' t read all of the posts so there won' t be any feedback for anyone. But I honestly think the controller is better than I expected, I mean it' s the only 3 dimensional controller and if you don' t like it im pretty sure they' ll make an attachment thats just like the standard controllers, well that was all.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 18, 2005 20:04

Yoshimitsu :
Yeah very smart but I don' t think you mean games showing posibilities of the controller - what you mean is showing Revolution titles with nextgen graphics.
Why do I think that? Cuz the " games" showing Controller capabilities were shown on TGS and if you don' t know that ..hmmm you might not be the right person to say what Nintendo' s done wrong or right .

Oh yeah...how could I forget such future classics as Point and Shoot, Fishing, Shock Stick, Air Hockey, Basketball, Toy Plane, Where' s Pikachu?, and First Person Shooting...

I think everyone knew what I was talking about. It' s great to know the controller can do such things, but where are the games...I' m sure we' ve all seen enough tech demos. Some advice...perhaps you should try a little more debate and tone down your attempts at personal attacks?

And btw, what makes you think you are in any better position to determine what Nintendo has done right or wrong? I get the feeling that Nintendo' s developers could shit in a box and a vast amount of people here at this forum would call that the most innovative piece of shit they ever bought
FrostyD

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 18, 2005 20:49
keep in mind its not just the remote, it will have a shell, like the one in this link.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.aspx
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 19, 2005 00:06
Yoshimitsu you' re just a hater - Shit in the box ? you haven' t even tried that shit and you say it' s not innovative :)

You' re probably right it' s gotten to fighty and the subject has changed.

Oh and about those " games" - you wanted software to show you how controller works - what do you need those HD graphics for? If it works with 2 pixels it works with 10 mln of them.

Sure we' d like to see some more but you don' t mind being shown a nonplayable trailer from Sony yet you get all over nintendo for not showing any " real" games?

Relax you' ll see them pretty soon and since you' re not a gameplay/innovation type of guy you won' t be blown away no matter what they show.

I don' t think Rev games will look like Gears of War and for many people it is the most important thing.

I just love the idea of that kind of precise control and fresh vibe in games that have gotten stiff and a bit less entertaining (like all Splinter Cells and Ghost Recons and those GTA games) with only a few fantastic creations (Ninja Gaiden and Outrun 2 , Otogi 2 , Shenmue 2 from DC , Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur to name a few) a year.And that' s because of the PC developers who came to the industry and instead of adaptation they chose to bring what they did for PC' s to consoles (Jade Empire was a crap when you got after the " WOW period" cuz noone showed them Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest games).

ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 19, 2005 04:10
WATCH THE COMPLETE 50 MINUTE KEY NOTE SPEECH WITH SATORU IWATA AT:
http://www.irwebcasting.com/050916/03/ff3672f7df/main/index_hi.htm
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 19, 2005 05:26
Gangsta it' s amazing how you go back and forth on what you say. First you said the GPU in the Xbox was the only thing making it advanced. Then you said that PCs would compete with it soon. Now you' re claiming it' s the other stuff that is advanced and the GPU will be sold for computers soon. Obviously, once again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

First off Ra117 was completely right about the CPU. 2 core processors have barely gotten into the market yet and a Mac G5 is about the only thing using them. The 360 jumped straight to three cores. On top if that, each core has two threads (I believe another first) which actually simulates two more 3.2GHz cores. So basically once developers learn how to use this stuff they can actually run the system as though it had 6 3.2GHz cores.

The overall architecture of the motherboard and such is insanely faster than any computer on the market. There are so many pipelines it makes any tech junky cry with joy. The thing is built like a beast and completely warrants it' s supercomputer status.

Finally the GPU in the 360 will NOT be on the maket soon. ATi already cnfirmed this. The PS3 on the other hand basically already has it' s GPU on the market (except the PS3 version is supposedly faster). the 360' s GPU won' t be availible for PCs for another 2 generations of ATI cards. That' at least a year and a half away if not more.The built in RAM is another one of those firsts that MS keeps pulling out for the console. The 360 will beat any PC on the market for at least 2 years to come. When you actually research this then you can give me an " Xbox leason" , but since one again you are pulling sh*t out your ass and trying to come off smart there is completely no use in listening to you.

Right now you are the " hater" . People are completely allowed to have an opion on the controller. The fact that I don' t like it doesn' t make me a Nintendo hater. the fact that you are complaining about other consoles and throwing fanboy sh*t around does make you a hater. I don' t like the controller. I have given plenty of reasons why. You don' t have to like it. That doesn' t mean you have to through a hissy fit saying I' m wrong.

*editing this last bit in*

After reading that last post you made youself sound even more ignorant.

1-Yosh hasn' t played it yet, no. Niether have you so why do you get to call it innovative but he can' t say it' s not? He has just as much info to go off as you.

2- Nobody ever said we wanted HD graphics to show off the controller. All we want to see are some REAL GAMES THAT WE MAY BE ABLE TO BUY! I hate tech demos. Sony pisses me off all the time with that. that " Ruby" sh*t that MS showed off at E3 was crap too along with that mech thing when the original Xbox was first unvieled. I don' t want to see bullsh*t " this is what could be possible" gimmiks. I want real games. show me the new Metroid or f-Zelda running with this thing! I don' t even care if the graphics suck as long as it' s a real game. Btw, after being critisized by you for being a graphics whore I figured I' d tell you want games I' ve played in the last 2 months- FFVII, Grandia II (DC), Shenmue, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, and StarCraft. Do consider any of those grphically intensive? I haven' t played any game in the las two months that has any where near spectacular graphics. I' m obsessed with grphics... my ass.

3- The only trailer that I' ve gotten excited for by Sony for the PS3 was MGS4. that was in game stuff (albiet, the poly counts were higher and the dust and particle effects were used to a higher level since it was a cut scene) and at the end they actually show someone playing it (or so I' ve heard, I need to download the final version of the demo vid). Same with Gears of War. People actually played that stuff and it will be sold to the masses. It' s not some tech gimmick.

4-If they show something good I' ll be blown away. I love gameplay and inovation. I don' t like gimmicks, over hyping stuff, and putting all maketting focus on a accessorie. That' s why I want them to show me some real games!

5- So what if the games don' t look like Gears of War. I just want to see an actual game. Again, basing this whole console around that controller is crap. Completely falling head over heals for he console because of the controller without them showing any of the games is crap too. You talk about how great the gameplay and games are yet you haven' t seen a single one. It' s blind devotion on your part. After the sucky ass line up for the GC I' m not expecting much ofr the Rev. I want just enough to warrant my purchase of the console.

6- Precise control and fresh vibe? Critisizing PC developers? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? No.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 19 Sep 05 18:50:48 >
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 19, 2005 10:02
i already have a post saying that but no one has commented on it. which has been there for days.
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 19, 2005 11:24
Ok, you guys, enough about the graphics cards and playable games etc. Regardless of the difference in graphics between the next-generation consoles I think we can all agree on one point:
The games will look graphicaly better on all the next-gen consoles and they will be more impressive in all the areas of gaming. Weither it is a game on PS3, XBOX360 or Revolution.
And, I believe that with such high graphic standards as we have in the next generation, we will barely be able to see the difference in power of the consoles just by looking at graphics. That is why I feel the whole discussion about graphics is irrelevant.
There comes a point where it just doesn' t get much better, and also, I still get deeply impressed by the praphics of current generation consoles. For example Resident evil 4 or Okami. And it is also my opinion that it is not the hardware that makes a game look good, but rather the skill and devotion of the game developers such as the people who made RE4 and Okami.
But this discussion should not be about the graphics but rather the Revolution controller.
It is clear that it is something new and people are scared of new things, that is why things such as racism exist. However I am certain that the Revoltuion controller will be less scary after some time and we will all be able to enjoy it.
Everyone has to realise that the team at Nintendo is made up of the most proffessional designers and developers in the gaming industry and that is why I really believe in this new controller. They would never create some junk just to make Nintendo look different. Satoru Iwata says that this kind of move is necessary to keep the industry growing and I agree. There comes a time when the visual standards cannot be improved much more and to make people buy new consoles new ideas has to be made true. Even though you might dislike the controller, it is at least a step in the right direction and Nintendo is taking that step for the sake of the entire industry and I hope that Microsoft and Sony will follow them in the years to come.
And if someone just read the whole thing I wrote above... kudos to you!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 19, 2005 12:12
Actually it is you who don' t read carefully Rampage - I' ve never said that X360 isn' t extremely powerfull but if you believe that Ati won' t release GPU based on it then tell me smart ass how do they actually earn money hmm?

And I never said that the only innovation is GPU - I told you only that Technology is not the same as GPU and than you said - YEAH it' s also CPU
Revolution has lots of great technology in it as well it' s just not in GPU or CPU (not that we know of now).

Now you' re claiming it' s the other stuff that is advanced and the GPU will be sold for computers soon.

Now you' ve done it.
Try to read more carefully next time because I for one know X360 quite well and when I don' t write something I assume someone who' s reading it knows just as much to be able to understand.Well not you I see.

Did I say that GPU is the only advanced thing of xbox technology? hmm well RAM memory is quite special plus 10 MB buffer is something new (and useless for the PC market) but CPU no matter how cool it is - seems no big deal next to the Cell CPU.

True Technological innovation is the unified pipeline (I wonder if you even know what that is) on GPU.CPU is cool and all but it' s not unheard of you know.
Plus you' re saying that multicore CPU' s aren' t here yet? Well ok but is Xbox360 here already? No..don' t think so.

(oh and if a 3,2 CPU core has two threads then it' s resources are split between them so it' s not so easy " hey lets make a 6 GHz CPU and make it use 7 threads all 6GHz" ...man where did you come from?)

the 360' s GPU won' t be availible for PCs for another 2 generations of ATI cards. That' at least a year and a half away if not more.

I never said they' ll come out the day after launch you know , but in a 5 year cycle 1 or 1,5 years is pretty early.You just trying so hard to catch me on something that you produce my " opinions" your way.

The overall architecture of the motherboard and such is insanely faster than any computer on the market.

True but I didn' t say that todays PC' s can rival it - again you have reading problems

About Revolution

I have given plenty of reasons why

Well that' s the problem hehe u actually didn' t

I don' t mind if someone doesn' t like it ,man but if you want to prove everybody what crap it is you need more than Bullshit like
-" I will have to buy add-ons (you don' t know that and nobody knows what' s in the box) ,
-My hands will get tired (man are you really that weak?) ,
-Games just won' t work with it - FPS - no way man (well just wait for the rest of us to play some FPS game on it as well cuz it' s hard to believe just your words)
-and so on

Man and last thing let' s just stop this for real - I' m getting X360 just like you and but the only difference is I luv all ideas behind Revolution.You don' t ? Cool , but don' t tell me I' m saying that Xbox 360 is just crap or that it' s only GPU that matters or anything especially if I did not say that.

If you want to discuss something with me just message me man cuz we' re just flooding the forum with stuff it' s not about.

Ofcourse I will answer it
FrostyD

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 19, 2005 14:58
i dont understand why you dont just stfu and wait for it to come out....
then have your pointless fight to the death over it or something.
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 7 of 9, messages 121 to 140 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message