Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed

Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 40 of 164
Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46210
Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 05:54
In almost exactly 16 hours from now, that is. " Some people" already saw it in Tokyo earlier today... but tomorrow is the official unveiling day. Please use this thread for all Revolution TGS discussion. We' ll of course bring news and video coverage of the unveiling soon afterwards as you would expect.

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 06:16
Adam, you' re such a tease...

Bring on the controller pics!!!

...and anything else you just may come across!
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 07:35
I' d like to meet " some people" . I' d like to meet them, and sqeeze their heads till they pop for flaunting there hidden infor in front of us!!!!!

As a side note, I know since this site is free, you need advertisers to keep you operating Adam, but get rid of the virgindigital.com add. That thing will surely lose you more visitors than the money from the add brings in. It pops up every 3 freakin seconds. I hate it. I hate it with my lifes passion.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 07:56
It is indeed annoying at times. The trick is to NOT move your cursor anywhere on it. It' s hard to avoid sometimes but if you can avoid moving your cursor over it then it won' t pop up.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 15 Sep 05 15:56:44 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 960
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 15:22
Tsk, tsk, tsk Adam. I agree with DaRoosh, you' re such a tease.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 17:05
Who in europe is up 04-06?
Ah,nvm this revealing will just make my day tomorrow.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 17:44
Well? Where is it?

mxpx182
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 18:03
supposed to happen at 6:00 pacific I think. That' s in 15 minutes.

QuezcatoL
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 18:31
k...
Then i might as well stay and wait 15min more.

Phoenixxx1974
  • Total Posts : 332
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 18:48
it' s not gonna happen for another 30 mins right now it' s currently 6:30pm in Arizona and 10:30am in tokyo and here is the schedule from the oficial TGS site

<Keynote Speech Outline>

Date and Hour: September 16 (Fri.) 10:00 - 11:50

Venue: International Conference Hall at Makuhari Messe
Attendance Fee: Free of charge
Application: Please apply at the venue on the day of your attendance.

ï¼»Agendaï¼½
·10:00 - 10:50
  Speaker: Mr. Robert J. Bach, Chief Xbox Officer and Senior Vice President,

Home and Entertainment Division, Microsoft Corp.
·11:00 - 11:50
  Speaker: Mr. Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo Co., Ltd.

I can' t wait.

QuezcatoL
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 18:57
dammit clock is 03:41 here...

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:05
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5546

Unfortunately, there is no live feed as there was with Nintendo' s conference at E3 earlier this year. Watch this space, though, as we will be updating as soon as we hear anything from TGS.

10:26: Iwata has been speaking about the usual things - sales figures, Nintendo' s " touch generation" titles (Nintendogs, Brain Training), etc. Nothing regarding the Revolution yet.

According to Iwata, over 1,000,000 copies of Nintendogs have been shipped in Japan.

10:30: Speaking about the Revolution now. This should be it!

10:31: A video is playing, and people are cheering. Why? We don' t know yet. :-/

10:34: The Revolution can detect where the (wireless) controller is being pointed, what angle it' s at, and how far away it is from the screen (i.e. it has a tilt sensor).

10:36: Now, they' re showing a cooking game. Now a fishing game

mxpx182
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:10
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[image]http://www.1up.com/media?id=2308860&type=lg[/image]
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 16 Sep 05 4:10:58 >

mxpx182
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:11
Let me just add a " holy fuck" to this. Sorry Adam, but it' s worth it. read the article, it tells all

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:12
hehe i am eating dinner and saw it on gamesarefun.com before you posted and didn' t have time hhee. nice job.

what does everyone think of the remote controll-er?

mxpx182
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:14
Have to read about it. I like the idea that they based it around the idea of " reinventing the FPS" . This is an area the big N has fallen behind, the fact that they say this is showing that they are maybe going to take some main stream ideas pretty serious, and try to excel.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:18
it' s so weird and different i am game. Hey that is what they are known for, new and innovated ideas and reinventing the ideas of gaming.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:23
Plus just remember this, it will be the best priced console out of all 3. The PS3 will be like $500 or so, the Xbox 360 is $400 (the core is stupid). Nintendo wil be around $200 which is more then reasonable. People wil get it just for the idea of downloading the old games not to mention new games like Zelda, Online Super Smash brothers, and Mario. Also don' t forget the immortal Pokemon.

mxpx182
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:34
I hate Pokemon. I' m just happy it looks like it' s unique AND won' t alienate developers from developing with it. How cheap is it to make a little attatchement for whatever you need. Hell, developers could develope unique attatchments for their games and include them for an extra 5 - 10 bucks. Imagine this situation. Remote type controller in one hand while playing resident evil 5. analog Attatchment in 2nd hand. Now either a 3rd attachment (nobody said it could only handle 1) that acts as a flashlight that wherever you point on the screen, that' s where the character points it' s flashlight. Or perhaps the main remote can function as that. All of a sudden it' s Sony and Microsoft who won' t be able to incorporate all the features into THIER version of the game. I know it' s early, I' m sure it' s not going to work great in every senario, but THAT type of thinking is exciting to me.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:34
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! That' s it! That' s what I' m supposed to be impressed by! That is the biggest pile of crap I have ever seen in my damn life! It' s not even a controller! It' s a remote that lacks buttons!!! GARGH!!! #)%@(#%(@#%$(#&$(&@(@#$!!!!!!

Nintendo just died in my eyes. you can' t have multiplatform games with that sh*t. Nintendo just blocked themselves into a almost completely first party console. Damn it! why Nintendo?! WHY!?!?!?! I wanted you to make a come back and you give my this laod of crap! GOD!!! WTF IS THAT THING!!!
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Rampage99
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:40

ORIGINAL: mxpx182
How cheap is it to make a little attatchement for whatever you need. Hell, developers could develope unique attatchments for their games and include them for an extra 5 - 10 bucks.

Actually it' s quite expensive to make a seperate attatchemtn for every game. It' s utter nonsense. On top of that you are now forcing the developer to make these attatchments. Now the developer has to develope hardware on top of software. this is a f*cking joke.

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:41
relax rampage. We have no idea what developers think of it well i knwo that the brilliant Peter polyneux before the show (who most likely saw it since i think he is making games for it) said " never Underestimate Nintendo" which i think it means he likes it and mxpx had the right idea. There is infinite possibility with it.

Also don' t judge it without playing it. I thnk it' s cooler then the ugly PS3 boomerang sausage look-a-like. Which looks uncomfortable.

mxpx182
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:47

Actually it' s quite expensive to make a seperate attatchemtn for every game. It' s utter nonsense. On top of that you are now forcing the developer to make these attatchments. Now the developer has to develope hardware on top of software. this is a f*cking joke.

I didn' t say for every game, I said it was a possibility. Put a Microsoft label on it and you' d call it the second coming Rampage. In no way does this lock them out of multi platform games, possibilities are there in so many ways right now. I' m not saying it' s god' s gift to man, but before you discount it as crap, take the time to figure out what it can do, otherwise it makes you sound like a serious fanboy.

Terry Bogard
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:55
Can' t wait to see the final design (if this isn' t it) and get this sucker in my hands. I wonder if I' ll eventually be able to operate my TV, VCR, and DVD player with it!!!!1!!

Rampage99
What?! Don' t even start throwing " fanboy" around. This isn' t a fanboy comment. If MS made this I' d say " f*ck the 360, I want a controller!" and then on.This controller looks like garbage to me end of story. I wanted Nintendo to do well, I really did. This... gah... I' m so dissapointed. And you guys may be throwing all this stuff around about potential and Nintendo not alienating themselves... I' m actually looking at this from a developer standpoint. I have to... I' m majoring in the developement of games. Seriously, getting crazy with a controller makes itvery hard to make it functional with two other consoles that have the same amount of buttons and work generally the same way. Having to create extras just to play the game on the system just hurts developers more.

Don' t like my opinion, that' fine. Don' t start calling me a fanboy though because that' s bullsh*t.

Phoenixxx1974
no offense rampage but i totally agree with mxpx.

Rampage99
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:58
I don' t care.

mxpx182
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 20:58

Apparently this is the design they' re suggesting for FPS, and it is gives it a much more PC feel to controlling the charcter, and aiming.

Terry Bogard
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:03
I think this will be a happier thread if everyone here takes a step back and sings a song together. (' Borrowed' this one from another thread elsewhere)

And a 1, and a 2, and a 1, 2, 3 , 4! Start singing!!

" I like big butts an' I cannot lie.
You otha brothas can' t deny.
That when a girl walks in wit' a itty bitty waist an'
A round thing in yo' face. You get SPRUNG.
Wanna pull up tough, cuz you notice that butt was STUFFED.
Deep in the jeans she' s wearin' .
I' m hooked an' I can' t stop starin' .
Oh baby, I wanna get wit' ya,
An' take yo' picta.
My homeboys tried to warn me.
But that butt you got makes me so horny.
Ooh, rumpled smooth skin.
You say you wanna bet in ma Benz,
Well, use me, use me"

< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 16 Sep 05 5:03:55 >

Rampage99
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:05
' Cause you ain' t that average groupy
I' ve seen them dancin'
The hell with romancin'
She' s sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo ' Vette
I' m tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (Hell yeah!)
Tell ' em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:08
hey we can start our own boy band.

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:10
The controller looks annoying. The FPS thing made me laugh...Nintendo should be trying to revolutionize games they are good at making. This entire concept reeks of " we' re so different we are better" that Nintendo has been throwing around. This sorta feels like the handle on the Gamecube...I mean, it' s cool that you have to hold a controller in each hand but really, what' s the point? You' ll most likely still be sitting the thing in your lap playing your games.

No, color me non-impressed. For all the hype that has been coming out about this it' s not really all that great or innovative. It' s two controllers...you hold them in each hand...as I' ve said before, it appears Nintendo is being quarky just for the sake of being quarky.
In response to the following complaint I have decided to change my signature:

" by the way, yoshimitsu you might want to click the little checkbox that makes your signature disappear." -Jonah Shoemaker, Residential Dumbass

mxpx182
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 21:10

Playing a real-time strategy game like Starcraft would be extremely fluid and intuitive. Mario Party, we' re sure you can guess, will finally be a completely new experience. What of Zelda or Mario? No word yet, but imagine swinging your sword in Zelda instead of pressing buttons. Or, in Mario, imagine having to grab blocks and build platforms. Also, since the controller flips on its side to work very much like a NES pad, it would be interesting to mix up gameplay and throw in an old-school challenge.

this is a quote from the IGN article. I' m super excited about the idea of RTS' s finally having a home on a console if developers will do it. The bit' s about Mario Party is obvious, the bits about swinging the sword and building the blocks.....meh, that doesnt' really do it for me. I do find it neat that you just flip the remote half on it' s side to make an original NES controller. That would have been the way to play the retro sections of Super Mario Sunshine.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 22:36
I am a bit disappointed, but that opinion is subject to change. I am sure there will be some very cool games that are unique to the system. If I just want to sit down and relax with a game, though, I' m screwed. The video for this controller shows people swinging it like a bat for a baseball game (how do you run bases?), waving it upward just to get Mario to jump (complete with 8-bit jumping sound effect so we' d know why they were doing what they were doing), and playing ping pong with a virtual paddle. While this all souds like great fun (except for the platform jumping part) and is a good way to help kids become less fat-ass, I am thinking this will be a system that thrives on niche games like the DS.

Not that there' s anything wrong with that.

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 22:51
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
HUH
WHY WHO CAN TELL ME WHY
WHY
WHY
WTF WHY
WHY WHY WHY WHY
WHY!!!!!

Terry Bogard
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 23:09
Uh Oh, lotusson must' ve just found out that the Revolution controller is female

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 15, 2005 23:27
I' m done with Nintendo. There' s no way I' m paying hundreds of dollars for a console that' s going to have an even smaller selection of games than the Gamecube. And while I' m all about innovation, not every innovative idea is worth supporting. I' m quite sure the Revolution will have 3-4 good titles released a year that are just mind blowing...... but a handful of good games won' t be enough when the PS3/360 will have tons more. There' s no way I' m ever going to support this, so don' t even ask.

Auron
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 02:31

If I just want to sit down and relax with a game, though, I' m screwed.

That' s actually one of the concerns I' ve had with it for a while. Anyway the actual controller looks to be a pretty neat and...odd idea but hopefully it won' t just be a novelty. As I' ve said before, I' m already perfectly content with the current controllers and I don' t know if I' ll be able to handle such a dramatic change.

QuezcatoL
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 03:08
The controller...
look...

... horrible...

Nintendo... why?

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed - Sep 16, 2005 04:21
Some posts here make me wonder are these guys even gamers?

It just looks like u' ve been waiting to trash the thing for weeks :)

Sure it' s new and simple people get scared when something new appears.

Strangely most people " haters" didn' t seem to check more than pics - that could be the reason. :)

U' re saying that it' s so hard to make an accesoryfor the controller , but games like donkey konga aren' t more expensive than the regular ones , and they include a huge add-on.

If u choose to be ignorant u will be quite happy not knowing what u' ve missed so it' s a great solution for everybody :)

Right now both PS3 and Xbox 360 seem to be 10 years behind Nintendo for me.

Best FPS control
Strategy games (plus Sega owns Rome Total War Developer) on consoles?
Browsing the Web with a mouse like device?
Attachments that can be almost anything
200$ for the best looks , size and lowest noise of all nextgen systems
Wavebird compatible
Making most old genres completely new by one controller
Still supporting this generations control mechanics (analog add on)

' tis a fuckin' winner for me

Well u smart people , and some of you are developers (wow that' s incredible hahahah) do seem to have a good point on 3rd party.After all DS showed that psp is the way to go and that publishers just don' t care ...WAIT ...maybe it was the other way around? hmm
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHH

Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 40 of 164