Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 32 of 47, messages 621 to 640 of 925
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 06, 2007 15:05

Oh my gawd! Eddie, $12.50 for a movie ticket??? Slowly but surely we' re inching our way towards $15 & $20 movie tickets in the future.

Which is why there are illegal downloads

I saw the word horrible & skipped through all your posts.

3 HOURS!!!

3 hours? You' re talking about the spiderman 3 right? Didnt you buy those tickets days before the movie even came out? In my area people could buy tickets early and see it at midnight on thursday.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 07, 2007 05:43
Just saw Spidey.
Ummm.
I wanted different things to happen, but the stuff that happened wasn' t bad.
Topher was entertaining as Brock. I don' t consider the character in this movie to be Venom proper. This was build-a-character-so-somebody-cares-when-he-comes-back-as-a-badass-in-the-next-movie Venom. He did kick a little ass though.

What I' m encouraged by after seeing this is that they certainly aren' t trying to kill the series, ala X-men3. They way they keep throwing significant characters in there it' s obvious they' re keeping the doors open for a possible sequel or three.

Not bad. I was entertained overall. Certainly better than any other third sequel I' ve ever seen.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 07, 2007 07:48

ORIGINAL: nekkid_monkey

Not bad. I was entertained overall. Certainly better than any other third sequel I' ve ever seen.

Jedi > Spider-Man 3
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 07, 2007 08:15

ORIGINAL: Nitro

ORIGINAL: nekkid_monkey

Jedi > Spider-Man 3

Ha-ha. oh yeah. forgot about that one.
I' m not counting LOTR. those three were just one big story really. It' s not like he could have just stopped in the middle.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 09, 2007 01:24
I' m just after watching the Shawshank Redemption again. I forgot how fucking amazing the movie is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 09, 2007 07:51
I' m going out to rent Shawshank Redemption & The Green Mile. Thanks Duffman!
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 10, 2007 05:53

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I' m going out to rent Shawshank Redemption & The Green Mile. Thanks Duffman!

Get Stand By Me while you' re at it

I got the Del Toro box set of Pan' s Labyrinth, The Devil' s Backbone and Cronos on Monday. Just watched Pan' s Labyrinth, which I hadn' t seen before. It' s incredible. Brilliant story, awesome special effects and superb pacing. It' s left me completely gobsmacked.

Guaranteed to be one of my favourite films when I' ve watched it a couple more times!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 10, 2007 08:18
Saw Mel Gibsons' The Passion Of The Christ for the first time not too long ago.... .....quite simply stunning in places... ..i never thought Gibson could come up with something as well made as it is....

....the last third lacked imagination perhaps, but overall, positively unique....
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 10, 2007 09:40
I couldn' t watch it. I had to read the novel as a kid. It totally spoiled the ending for me.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 23, 2007 12:48

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Oh my gawd! Eddie, $12.50 for a movie ticket??? Slowly but surely we' re inching our way towards $15 & $20 movie tickets in the future.

They' re like $11.50 here, I' ve resorted to buying tickets at costco now, $15 for 2 Tickets at any Hartkin' s Theater, which is the major theater company around here, for any movie.

And I saw Pan' s Labyrinth, pretty good fantasy movie, I love how people from Spain speak Spanish, they make it sound sophisticated, its a breath of fresh air from the fucking mexicans that ass-rape the language making it sound like vulgar trash.
< Message edited by evil man -- 23 May 07 4:59:37 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 27, 2007 10:48
Spiderman 3
It blows goats for quarters.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 27, 2007 11:39
I recently watched Apocalypto. I' m not sure that that name is supposed to mean. Reminds me of Orgazmo. Mel Gibson is a retard. Anyway this movie was fairly entertaining most of the time. Eating boar testicles added nothing at all to the movie, not sure why it is in there. Must be a Mel thing. The movie wasn' t as gory as people said it was. In fact, it was barely gory at all! The best part was when that one guy tossed the wasp hive at the other guys. I laughed my ass off because people getting stung by hoards of angry wasps is funny.
mastachefbkw

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 27, 2007 13:55

Spiderman 3
It blows goats for quarters.

Atleast it wasnt as bad as 2
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 27, 2007 18:00

Just watched Pan' s Labyrinth, which I hadn' t seen before. It' s incredible. Brilliant story, awesome special effects and superb pacing.

That movie just makes me wonder how Del Toro could have directed Hellboy. Hellboy wasn' t the worse of the superhero movies, but it was pretty mundane. Pan' s Labyrinth' s quality is so far removed from it.

I just watched Empire of the Sun not long ago on HBO or Cinemax. Christian Bale was amazing at such a young age.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 28, 2007 04:50
Go watch singapoor movies, since you claim your country is on par with North America & Europe, LOL. Singapoor movies would look like 1930' s american films black & white with no sound.
< Message edited by emofag -- 27 May 07 20:50:55 >
mastachefbkw

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 28, 2007 10:15

Go watch singapoor movies, since you claim your country is on par with North America & Europe, LOL

That made no since, go kill yourself
Talex

• Total Posts : 22
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 29, 2007 10:07
I saw the new Pirates movie. I really liked it, Depp' s performance is solid. The first Pirates movie is still my favorite though.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 31, 2007 06:25
28 Weeks Later is good if you liked the first one, but not as good as the first one. Lots of shaky camera got a bit overbearing and the ending was lame.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 31, 2007 06:39
I really liked the second movie, I thought it beat the first one in every department. A real proper sequal, yeah the ending could be better, as it just ends really but sets it up for another 28 later sequal perfectly.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 31, 2007 08:18
28 months later? I could see that getting old fast.
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 32 of 47, messages 621 to 640 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll