Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 37 of 47, messages 721 to 740 of 925
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 16, 2007 22:25
12 Monkeys - Recommened by numerous people, all I will say is...WTF!!??
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 16, 2007 23:06

ORIGINAL: fish_wacker

12 Monkeys - Recommened by numerous people, all I will say is...WTF!!??

Watch it again. You' ll get it.

Speaking of highly recommended movies, I' d lke to take this moment to tell everyone who said that 40 Year-Old Virgin was an outstanding movie that they can kiss my hairy nekkid monkey ass.

That movie wasn' t bad by a long shot, but it' s soooooo AVERAGE. Where is the craziness? What part was supposed to have me rolling in the aisles? I mean, I giggled. It was a funny movie. But I wasn' t nearly as great as everyone made it out to be.

Maybe the hype ruined it for me. I was expecting gold and I got silver. Meh.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 16 Aug 07 15:16:11 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 16, 2007 23:13
No you wont, but Terry Gilliam will jump out of your set & screw your head on straight so you instantly fall in love with 12 monkeys, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Brazil.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 17, 2007 10:37
I agree, The 40 Year Old Virgin really wasn' t that funny. It was average like most comedies these days. True Lies was funnier.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 17, 2007 21:41
I am liking the look of Superbad.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 17, 2007 21:58
Private Gold 91: Evil Geishas Hotel = bah...[:' (]
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 18, 2007 06:11
Smoking Aces DVD
Crank DVD
The Smoking Aces DVD is ok with a couple deleted scenes and extended scenes and a different ending.
Crank DVD a waste of time.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 18, 2007 12:38

I am liking the look of Superbad.

You too? I went to hit one of their clips today & it gives me a Name Age & Zipcode window to make sure I' m 18. I let them know that I' m a 76 year old man named Haywood Jablomi from Moddersville Michigan... and guess what it didn' t take!

They cross check your name age & zip code with your fricking drivers license to watch a video! Scary stuff man!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 19, 2007 05:25
Rush Hour 3

Awful, Chris Tucker is simply NOT funny and you won' t laugh about his lines unless you are a pre-school child. Jackie Chan is also way past his prime. The only time I chuckled was whenever the taxi driver appeared. Oh, and the outtakes also were a little bit funny.

The Departed

Wow, I somehow managed to escape this movie for almost a year, but now I finally rented the DVD and woah, pure awesomeness. Better than Infernal Affairs and Leonardo DiCaprio finally managed to get rid of that image he had since Titanic. One of Scorcese' s best movies.

28 Weeks Later

This one is a hard call. I absolutely loved the first thirty minutes but then suddenly those stupid ass kids are the main characters? WTF? If it hadn' t been for those shallow, dumb kids the movie would' ve been on par with the first one.

Joe Redifer

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 19, 2007 08:49
Here' s a great review of Rush Hour 3 that my friend wrote:

Reel 1
Chris Tucker is being stupid and annoying.

He directs traffic while listening to his ipod and causes car wrecks, of which he shows how racist he is by blaming the wrecks on the white people and then makes a deal to let some black girls off if they have sex with him and Jackie Chan. Apparently this is supposed to be funny.

Some fair action scenes. Nothing like good old fashioned Jackie Chan, but at least it doesn' t have a shaky cam.

Chris Tucker makes more racist jokes and is continually unfunny.

-----------------

Reel 2

They use a nun to interrogate a suspect because she speaks French and they spend the entire time making her translate offensive threats. Again, this is supposed to be funny.

Chris Tucker is told by a white cab driver that he won' t drive black people because they are violent and cause problems in the world. Of course Tucker holds a gun to his head and makes him sing the national anthem. More hilarity ensues, because racist jokes are funny.

The two start looking around in a party. They decide to split up and of course Tucker says " I' ll take the women" and then proceeds to make a further ass out of himself.

There is a fight with Chan and a woman who is trying to kill him, but of course Tucker only hears the moans through the door and cheers him on thinking that Chan is getting laid.

Uh oh, after a short chase scene now they are captured!!!

---------------------

Reel 3

Oh boy, the bad guy is going to kill them. OH NO! It' s only reel 3!!! Any second now the bad guy will walk away and then they will make....wait, nevermind. Yes the bad guy walked away to let them be killed and sure as shit, they made an escape. WOW! I totally didn' t see that one coming.

Hardy har har, a dog pisses on Chris Tucker' s foot. Oh wow, I can' t stop laughing because this is SO FUNNY! Laugh damnit!

Hmmmm, this is interesting. An emotional scene regarding how these two are not brothers, accompanied with music " how do I make you love me" . Surprisingly Tucker didn' t turn the term " brothers" into a racist joke. Regardless this sappy scene shouldn' t have happened until reel 4. They are breaking formula!

Since they can' t seem to get a solid plot going, an old man appears to give Chan a bunch of plot info that we really don' t care about.

Oh lookie, more comic relief. Tucker wanders into a dressing room of scantily clad girls and impersonates a costume designer. I don' t even need to continue because you all know how this scene goes.

I don' t even know what to say about this retarded stage show with the two of them singing. I think I' ll vomit now.

Now they escape and just HAPPEN to be picked up by the SAME CAB DRIVER and all he wants to do is be an American. Yeah, whatever. I have a feeling we will be seeing this guy in reel 5. Hell, this guy will probably save the day.

-------------------

Reel 4

The SAME CAB DRIVER picked them up after they made a quick escape just when Tucker was about to get laid.

Not like anyone really cares, but spoiler alert here...the person they are looking for is the woman Tucker almost had sex with and her head is tattoed with the names of the people on this big secret list everyone is getting all riled up over. Whatever.

Oh for ***' s sake, the SAME CAB DRIVER just happened to pick them up AGAIN! Apparently there is only one cab driver in the entire country.

Blah, blah, blah. Now the evil bad guys have Chan' s girlfriend or something. I don' t even care at this point, but regardless they have to exchange the tattoo girl for this girl' s safety...even though we all know damn good and well that the tattoo girl won' t actually die.

So Chan is now about to die via 100 cuts and Tucker enters the room as Chan' s " brother from another mother" . (Hardy har, there' s that racist humor we all love so much from Tucker. I seriously wonder, are black audiences outraged and insulted, or do they find this shit funny?) Now we find out that the girl is tied up outside the high rise who JUST NOW AS THE CAMERA TURNS TO HER decides to look down and be scared. At least now we FINALLY get a decent Chan fight. Of course Tucker footage keeps interrupting it, but at least it' s something.

WHY does Tucker have to constantly make racist jokes? It just isn' t funny. " Black people don' t fly" (in reference to almost falling).

----------------

Reel 5
Chris Tucker is being...oh hell, you know.

Oh wow THE WACKY CAB DRIVER SAVES THE DAY!!! Gosh, I didn' t see THAT coming. LAAAAAME!

And we are treated with semi-funny outtakes.

1 out of 5 for some pretty good sound at at least that one good Jackie Chan fight scene.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 19 Aug 07 0:54:33 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 20, 2007 03:02
I' d heard the same basic ideas as that, only not as well stated. I just thought the review I read was stretching it though.
Evilkiller

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 22, 2007 20:16
Transformers

It' s absolutely fantastic. We got 20 minutes of wonderful mind-boggling (as in you can' t understand what exactly is going on on the screen) CGI action and....HOW THE *** CAN YOU *** UP A MOVIE ABOUT TOYROBOTS FROM OUTER SPACE THIS BADLY? The story is bad, not because the basic premise sucks, but because it' s so badly executed and filled with logical gaps. The characters are bad, too. Instead of focusing on the Autobots and Decepticons all we are seeing is stupid Shia and his girlfriend in a series of really lame gags. Why exactly should I care about the battle between Autobots and Decepticons if I don' t get to know anything about them? You could have given me at least a few more Decepticon names. In fact, I cared more about the XBox 360 or the Mountain Dew vending machine when they turned evil ;(

Overall it' s your typical mediocre summer blockbuster. It' ll probably get an Oscar for visual effects but seriously, in a few months nobody will care about this movie.

Btw. did I mention that the soundtrack sucked? What happened to writing original pieces for movies instead of ripping of other movies and throwing in some Linkin Park at the end?
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 22 Aug 07 16:33:20 >
Joe Redifer

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 23, 2007 08:55
I haven' t seen Transformers yet, but if the humans are responsible for saving the day, you can count me out.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Aug 23, 2007 09:02

I haven' t seen Transformers yet, but if the humans are responsible for saving the day, you can count me out.

I thought you were insane for not enjoying the movie, now I know you' re just misinformed.

The Departed

Wow, I somehow managed to escape this movie for almost a year, but now I finally rented the DVD and woah, pure awesomeness. Better than Infernal Affairs and Leonardo DiCaprio finally managed to get rid of that image he had since Titanic. One of Scorcese' s best movies.

It' s one of my favorite movies.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 23 Aug 07 1:05:12 >
Evilkiller

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 05, 2007 04:12
The Prestige

BRILLIANT movie! It can be confusing (Half of the movie is a triple flashback, told from two different point of views) but if you stand through you' ll be rewarded with a fantastic plot and absolutely brilliant acting by Christian Bale (and an almost as good performance by Hugh Jackman). After having already watched Equillibrium and Machnist I am starting to think that Christian Bale has to be one of the best actors.
Joe Redifer

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 05, 2007 04:27
The Abyss - The non-anamorphic DVD made me sad. And the box said 5.1, but it was only Pro-Logic. Oh well, this is an ancient DVD in my library, and the movie is pretty good.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 05, 2007 06:46
Didn' t Transformers suck?

I didn' t watch it on the assumption that having prostate cancer would be more entertaining.
the_shadowwolf

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 05, 2007 07:44

Btw. did I mention that the soundtrack sucked? What happened to writing original pieces for movies instead of ripping of other movies and throwing in some Linkin Park at the end?

i agree...

good movie though, if not best movie for the year.

I saw The hills have eyes DVD... this movie was rubbish. Pass on the DVD. Nothing to see.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 06, 2007 07:53
The Crow on Bluray. Back to top of my list of favourite films ever, although it competes with Jacob' s Ladder and a couple of Lynch movies, Twin Peaks and Wild at Heart in particular. How do they remaster films for BluRay?

ORIGINAL: the_shadowwolf

I saw The hills have eyes DVD... this movie was rubbish. Pass on the DVD. Nothing to see.

Was that the original? I assume you' re talking about the remake The original wasn' t brilliant either though, I watched it a couple of months back.

And yeah, Transformers is the best film I' ve seen so far this year.
the_shadowwolf

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 19, 2007 22:23
Yeah it was the remake

Soon i will see the Iron Man DVD and the Superman Doomsday DVD, I saw the Marvel Ultimate Avengers DVD. It was alrite if you are a marvel fan but still somewhat dissapointing. I expect more with a DVD purchace and the extras wasn' t all that. Borrow it if you got to.
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 37 of 47, messages 721 to 740 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll