Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 38 of 47, messages 741 to 760 of 925
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 19, 2007 23:08
I just watched 300 yesterday, Super great movie. One of the best iv seen for a long time.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 20, 2007 02:03
I went to the cinema twice over the weekend.

1408 - Not up pto my hopes with Cusack and Samuel L Jackson in it. It was trying to do a more traditional Ghost Story, which is nice in today' s gore-splattered cinema, but it was a bit too convoluted for it' s own good.

Superbad - Better than I thought, it' s a bit more like Dazed and Confused than American Pie, although not quite as good as either. Worth a watch though.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 20, 2007 03:21
" 1408 - Not up to my hopes with Cusack and Samuel L Jackson in it. It was trying to do a more traditional Ghost Story, which is nice in today' s gore-splattered cinema, but it was a bit too convoluted for it' s own good."

I still want to see it, I like both those actors too.

I saw Shooter with what' s-his-face. Worth a rental if you have nothing better to do. I can' t even say what it' s about without spoiling anything. It' s well done but at the end I felt like I watched movies just like it many times before.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 20, 2007 03:32
Shoot' em Up - Just corny comedic super over the top loony tunes action. Great fun and highly creative shootouts. Leave you brain at home.

Plot: A mysterious carrot loving bum (Clive Owen) gets himself caught up in a political assassination of sorts that involves a hitman trying to kill some chick and her unborn child. He saves the soon born baby and is then hunted down endlessly. He is later accompanied by a prostitute (Monica Belluci) who helps him keep the child alive while trying to figure out how to get out of the mess he is stuck in. Corny one liners, sex n shootouts (together at one point) and a plot holed drenched storyline.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 26, 2007 02:53
Zodiac, loved it but got the feeling a lot was held back for the directors cut
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 26, 2007 04:00
Downloaded SUPERMAN DOOMSDAY from Xbox Live Marketplace. Good movie, man o' man did Superman take a hell of a beating, lol..
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 26, 2007 10:46
Watched the 4:3 (or sometimes labeled as " Full Screen" ) version of Air Force One. Sucked. Not being in the proper aspect ratio certainly didn' t help, and the CGI was extremely bad, especially when the plane crashes. Though I did like how I could still hear the evil CIA agent by the door screaming as the plane crashed, just like in real life!
Chickapoo88

• Total Posts : 187
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 30, 2007 10:41
Death Proof Extended and Unrated. Oh my god they cut out a lot of that movie for the theater. It was a lot longer than the original but really good. I can' t wait to watch it on a home theater system complete with flat screen and surrond sound. Oh and I can' t wait until Planet Terror comes out, I got a $5 off coupon!
< Message edited by Chickapoo88 -- 30 Sep 07 2:41:33 >
Agent Ghost

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 30, 2007 11:54
Yeah I just saw Death Proof too. Probably the worst Quentin Tarantino movie.
Joe Redifer

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Sep 30, 2007 13:23
Watched V for Vendetta for the first time.

I couldn' t help but feel as if it were trying to be a huge political allegory about our times. The Chancellor was clearly Bush (even his speeches near the end were similar), the St Mary' s incident (I' m not sure if that' s what they called it, I' m going off of memory here) with 80,000 people dead was 9-11, persecution of anything Islamic, the religious dude liked sex with children (similar to the current Catholic church scandal), the party in control was the " Conservative Party" , persecution of homosexuality (similar to what most prominent religious figures reach these days), the fascination with biological warfare, the whole " creating fear so the people will think they need us" thing that a lot of 9-11 conspiracy theorists preach, and the Parliament blowing up was another 9-11 (constantly referred to as " a building" ).

Here is what the film is trying to say: The US government planned and executed the 9-11 attacks themselves to strike fear into people so they could gain control and keep it along with granting themselves near-absolute power which would be unheard of in other times and that the people should take it back. Patriot Act, wire tapping, eavesdropping, you name it and it' s in the movie in some form. While I am not a Republican nor a Democrat, I just really don’t care for political allegories in my movies. It was far better than Children of Men, though. Yeah, I know it was based on a comic... but I still couldn' t shake those feelings and surely the filmmakers knew that people would have those thoughts. I' m not sure what the whole thing with Natalie Portman crying in the rain was supposed to be about.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 01, 2007 09:17
I just picked up Hot Fuzz. I liked it. Funny. Good DVD extras too.
I liked it better than Shaun of the Dead (haven' t seen the DVD of this one yet). Then again, zombies are stupid, so anything is better than a zombie movie, IMO.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 1 Oct 07 1:41:27 >
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 01, 2007 10:10
Mmm Hot Fuzz is some damn good buddy cop parody fun.

Anyhow watced Deathproof. Altho this belongs to more of larger crowd movie theatre atmosphere, its still entertaining enough. Tho people looking for persistant action will be saddened and may want to wait for Planet Terror. This is a dialouge fueled flick but with some great action when it does show up.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 01, 2007 10:30

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Anyhow watced Deathproof. Altho this belongs to more of larger crowd movie theatre atmosphere, its still entertaining enough. Tho people looking for persistant action will be saddened and may want to wait for Planet Terror. This is a dialouge fueled flick but with some great action when it does show up.

Well, now that changes my opinion on seeing this. Honestly, watching the previews it just looks like series of stupid action scenes, which would be highly disappointing for a Tarantino flick. The best thing about Quentin' s movies has always been the dialogue. The man makes some seriously quotable scenes.

So, in your opinion is the dialogue on par?
Agent Ghost

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 01, 2007 12:16
Severance:

Pretty decent horror movie. Nothing really scary, but these days what is? It does have some good action and suspense. More importantly it has some " that' s kickass" moments. It' s a European movie that seems to make a few subtle cracks at American movies throughout the movie.

There' s a part with a rocket launcher, LOL. ' nuff said.

8/10
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 01, 2007 14:43
I also thought death proof was horrible. Probably the most boring movie I have ever seen. I actually got bored while she was riding on the hood of the car being hit by the death guy. It was really drawn out. I loved planet terror though.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 01, 2007 23:31
Death Proof suffered from boring characters, besides Stuntman Mike, and had too much dialogue for it' s own good.

I watched " I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry" which has to be one of the most broing, drawn-out movies EVER. They included EVERY stupid gay joke you can possibly imagine. You know, that kind of jokes you cracked when you were in 6th grade. Even the soap joke is in there. The movie also has Rob Schneider in it, which makes it even worse. And an ending with double standards doesn' t make things better, either.
If you are an Adam Sandler fan this is a must watch for you. Everybody else would be well advised to stay away.
Chickapoo88

• Total Posts : 187
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 02, 2007 03:33
Planet Terror is coming out of on the 16th of this month. I still think Death Proof was the better one but maybe because I am a chick and it was more aimed towards chicks.
< Message edited by Chickapoo88 -- 1 Oct 07 19:33:25 >
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 02, 2007 05:56

Well, now that changes my opinion on seeing this. Honestly, watching the previews it just looks like series of stupid action scenes, which would be highly disappointing for a Tarantino flick. The best thing about Quentin' s movies has always been the dialogue. The man makes some seriously quotable scenes.

So, in your opinion is the dialogue on par?

Well as chickapoo88 said its more of a Tarentino take on girl power chick flicks per se. There' s some quotes in there, but more for the females. However the dialogue is of Tarentino style . As to say its natural, real, everyday conversation. Stuff you could relate to as if you were talkign with your own group of friends. This of course allows you to connect with characters more.

The movie runs like this: 30 minutes of talking and drinking, 5 minute car sequence. 30 so minutes talking. 20-30 minute bad-ass car chase (tho whole point of the movie for those who missed it since it was a throwback to those car chase flicks and stunt movies of way back when, the Steve Mcqueen days). With and very satisfying ending whether yer a chick or a dude.
Joe Redifer

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 27, 2007 19:19
I finally saw Transformers about 10 minutes ago or so. First off I must admit that I was a huge Transformers fan as a child. I loved the cartoon as well as the cartoon movie. You never saw good guy characters die in cartoon movies until Transformers came along. This Michael Bay movie is like a series reboot, only the reboot aspect is not done very well. You basically need to be a Transformers fan to fully grasp what is going on. The Decepticon symbol is never shown and some character names are given only once and we' re expected to remember them. Anyone who isn' t a Transformers fan would probably think " WTF?" or just like it for the action. This movie kicked ass and sucked ass at the same time. There' s no denying that the story was pure crap, especially the human side of the story. But there is lots of fairly cool action, but due to the way the Transformers look, it can get confusing. The CGI was awesome, but that' s because everything was metal.

I am displeased with the way the robots themselves looked. They looked waaay ***ed up. You could see all of their gears and all of that and as a result it was sometimes hard to make out what was their arms and legs, etc. They looked more like insects than anything. Often it was hard to tell the difference between any two Transformers. They almost all looked the same. Shitty design. The cartoons looked much more practical and logistical from a design standpoint. ***ing Michael Bay and his " I must ruin everything I survey" policy. Not only that, but some of the names were screwed up. Devastator was a tank and Bonecrusher was some sort of roving vehicle thingy. In the cartoon (and toy) Bonecrusher is a bulldozer who transforms into a robot and along with 5 other construction vehicles that also transform into their own individual robots merge together into a giant super robot called Devastator. There is no way Devastator could be running around on his own independently of Bonecrusher (who is actually Devastator' s left arm). The voices were also mastered poorly with too much filtering. They also lowered the pitch on Peter Cullen' s (Optimus Prime) voice slightly for some unknown reason. And why the *** does Optimus Prime have a mouth? He looks like a retard flapping that thing. It' s on the bottom of his ***ing chin for Christ' s sake!

Check out this Optimus Prime comparison I cooked up JUST FOR YOU:

As you can see, the one on the left looks he was designed by someone who has a double dose of Down Syndromeâ„¢, Bird Flu and Hepatitis A and C.

Anyway I enjoyed the movie due to nostalgic value even though the cartoon has a far better premise/storyline. The sound was really good... for a Michael Bay movie. Music was still a little too bombastic for my tastes, though. I hope Woody Allen directs the sequel.

Now I hear that they are making a live action GI Joe movie. Thank God it' s not being directed by Michael Bay. All of the characters would be CGI and Snake Eyes wouldn' t have a mask and would talk up a bluestreak. Plus his name wouldn' t be Snake Eyes, it would be Serpentor. Hopefully the sound mix will be better than those awful-sounding Mummy movies (same director).
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 27 Oct 07 11:19:50 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 28, 2007 03:36
Just brought old 80' s Comedy ' The Women in Red' . Gonna re-watch it again after 20 years

Gene Wilder i find hilarious.
Young, Kelly Le Brock was super fit.

don' t laugh too hard

Aslo got Ricky Gervias ' Extras' seris 1&2

Really, really funny.
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 38 of 47, messages 741 to 760 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll