Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 39 of 47, messages 761 to 780 of 925
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 29, 2007 12:07

don' t laugh too hard

Pun of the day. Damn, Kelly LeBrock was hot back then.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 02, 2007 17:08
American Gangster

I' ve already seen this movie before about a dozen times as just about every other formulaic organized crime movie ever made. For a while there I thought that Martin Scorsese' s name might pop up in the credits but then I realized that his movies have far better editing. Seriously, the editing in this thing is atrocious. Also I really don' t give a rat' s ass if Russel Crowe is afraid to speak in front of crowds. Oh? It gives him character, you say? Hell, then why not show more of his quirky phobias? Maybe he is afraid of taking a huge dump after eating a jar of peanuts. WE NEED TO KNOW! It establishes character, just like his lame wife and kid. Who cares? Oh? It makes him more human? Not with that hairdo.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 15, 2007 09:31
I jwatched Rob Zombie' s Haloween tonight. Hmmm. Zombie made it his own, until the second half of the film where he does pretty a speed run remake of the original. It was pretty brutal (as you' d expect from Zombie) and I liked him using the old Frankenstein to movie to portray Myers as the monster when he was killed...but... you saw it coming a million miles away. Not Zombie' s best but a better remake than some movies recently.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 15, 2007 09:59

1408 - Not up to my hopes with Cusack and Samuel L Jackson in it. It was trying to do a more traditional Ghost Story, which is nice in today' s gore-splattered cinema, but it was a bit too convoluted for it' s own good.

I still want to see it, I like both those actors too.

I finally watched it and 300 a few days ago. 1408 I thought was pretty good until after I watched it I thought about it and realized how dumb it was. I wont say anything more because its really hard not to ruin that movie. The one thing that made me want to watch it was Samuel L., but he was barely in the movie at all.

As for 300, I' ll probably be crucified for saying it, but IMO it didnt live up to the hype. Within the first 45 min or so the only part I liked was the part where he kicks the Persian messenger into the hole. I did however think it started to pick up really well over the rest of the movie, but it seemed almost like I was watching Troy again. Overall I think it was a good movie, I' d give it a 9/10
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 15, 2007 20:53

ORIGINAL: Iad umboros

I jwatched Rob Zombie' s Haloween tonight. Hmmm. Zombie made it his own, until the second half of the film where he does pretty a speed run remake of the original. It was pretty brutal (as you' d expect from Zombie) and I liked him using the old Frankenstein to movie to portray Myers as the monster when he was killed...but... you saw it coming a million miles away. Not Zombie' s best but a better remake than some movies recently.

I don' t like the fact that Myers is portrayed as a nutjob. he' s possessed for christs sake, not insane.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 16, 2007 00:45
Eastern Promises

Great movie. Viggo Mortensen is excellent in it.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 16, 2007 13:16
Borat-The script looks like it was written by a monkey on drugs. Seriously it doesn' t even look like they had a script. They probably just winged it. Some of the jokes are still hilarious.

If you don' t expect any form of a story, it' s worth renting just for some of the laughs.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 29, 2007 16:54
Ratatoullie (or something like that)

First of all I must say that fancy foods and fancy restaurants disgust me, therefore there was no way in hell for me to connect to the characters here. I did not like this movie. The main human character is extremely annoying, especially his voice. I started fast-forwarding towards the end when they were getting ready to make a meal for the evil critic. Then I just said " Hell with this" and stopped watching altogether. While the graphics, animation and sound were all friggin' great, they could not save this movie. I was even able to watch A Bug' s Life and Cars to the very end, and those movies were complete pieces of shit!

Hopefully the next Pixar movie will be good.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 30, 2007 00:06
Rat...whatever was a stupid cliched unfunny peice of junk movie. Hopefully Wall-E goes back to the Pixar style that I love.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 01, 2007 18:31
Hey Mass did you ever get to watch Tekkonkinkreet? Its beautifully made. Reminds me of a cross between a Studio Ghibli movie and a series called Paranoia Agent.

Very surreal and entertaining.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 01, 2007 19:50
I keep thinking about it since it downloadable on Amazon.com but always get distarcted by somthing else. The main problme is I havent actually had time to sit and watch a movie only listen and glance but since I dont speak Japanese and the movie is in subtitles it creates a bit of a problem.

Im definitly gonna snatch it up the 2nd I have a free day to just lay back relax.

So how was the story? Did it hold up strong thruout? what kinda story was it and all that jazz
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 02, 2007 01:22
I saw Beowulf a couple weeks ago. If you go into it realizing that it' s an action movie, and not at all faithful to the original poem you' ll be good. Not to mention it' s worth going to get a set of those spiffy 3D glasses!

Finally got around to seeing Transformers. I actually really enjoyed it. The plot was horrendous, but the acting was far better than I' d hoped for, and the script was actually funny at times.

Saw Bobby, it was good, but nowhere near as gripping as the trailer made it out to be.

Also caught A Mighty Heart. That was definitely worth going to see. Top-notch acting on Angelina Jolie' s part. She really sold the character.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 03, 2007 00:18
I watched Evan Almighty and The Omen (original) yesterday.

They sort of cancel each other out, I think...
Iad umboros

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 03, 2007 00:50

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated
Finally got around to seeing Transformers. I actually really enjoyed it. The plot was horrendous, but the acting was far better than I' d hoped for, and the script was actually funny at times.

The fact it' s not coming out on BluRay really makes me question why I bought a PS3
< Message edited by iad umboros -- 2 Dec 07 16:50:50 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 03, 2007 06:15
Death Proof 2007 (quentin tarantino)

Part of a Two Film rehash of Grindhouse-style Movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5augKVK80bg&feature=related
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 03, 2007 09:37
Oh, I forgot to mention it. Superbad will ho your life!
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 08, 2007 14:56
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters for DVD
best dvd i' ve purchased this year
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 08, 2007 21:20
Just bought Superbad. Saw it 4 times when it was in theaters and it' s still just as funny. Amazing movie.
Iad umboros

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 08, 2007 22:10

ORIGINAL: nekkid_monkey

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters for DVD
best dvd i' ve purchased this year

I watched it last night and thought it was really disappointing. The first half was excellent then it just kind of fizzled out.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Dec 10, 2007 06:12
I just got my 5 bluray deal for a buying a PS3. So far I' ve seen Underworld Evolution, Phantom of the Opera and the Guardian. Got Happy Feet and the Omen to go. I' ve enjoyed all three so far, Underworld being the least. I' ve never watched the first, so it took me a while to get up to speed.
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 39 of 47, messages 761 to 780 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll