Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Haze, a ps3 halo killer?
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 137
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 27, 2007 10:36

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

obv

what' s that?

http://urbandictionary.com

Welcome to the internet!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 27, 2007 19:39
locopuyo i' m not going to start a kikizo war x with you , you' ve been turning around me lately like a pest and i don' t think i ever flamed you or anything, back off now! too bad we' re on internet.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 27, 2007 20:06
*phew* Nice one Aba. I thought this was going to turn into another retarded fight but you dodged that bullet for the sake of everyone.
Now let' s all look at this retarded haze interview
gametrailers.com
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 27, 2007 23:16
Haze should be a Halo Killer. Meaningful story + actual innovation = True quality. Furthermore, Free Radical has been a pro Playstation development team ever since their existence. Haze will not be exclusive, but it will probably play the best on the PS3.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 01:06
I fail to see how this or anything can be a Halo killer, each game should be taken on it' s own merits, a game can be rated the best in a genre, but not a game killer as you will always get people playing said game, and as for anything bettering Halo3, don' t forget that Halo has a following not just with the game, but also with the books and the future possible comic release, can' t see that happening with Haze.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 05:24
How is it that the majority of these threads end up discussing Halo more than the killer?

Halo in it' s current form is going to be over come September anyway. No more. Done. Fanboys are going to need some other console FPS to oggle over, and this should fit the bill nicely from what I' ve seen.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 05:39

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Halo in it' s current form is going to be over come September anyway. No more. Done. Fanboys are going to need some other console FPS to oggle over, and this should fit the bill nicely from what I' ve seen.

Actually only Master Chief' s story will be concluded with Halo 3. Bungie will continue the franchise through first-person shooters, ...that' s undoubted. Same world, same mechanics, different character, whatever.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 05:50
Y' think so? I' m sure Halo Wars is going to go on for a bit, and there' s the movies & books that follow but I can' t see them making such a big fuss about the conclusion of the Halo trilogy, and then giving us another FPS in the same universe. They' ve been working on Halo now for over five years and I don' t think most of them would be up for another title so early, at least not without throwing in a new IP or two in between anyway.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 09:01
Altugh not a first person shooter, hasn' t Gears of War already become somewhat of the next Big Excslusive for Microsoft?
Nitro

RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 09:34

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Y' think so? I' m sure Halo Wars is going to go on for a bit, and there' s the movies & books that follow but I can' t see them making such a big fuss about the conclusion of the Halo trilogy, and then giving us another FPS in the same universe. They' ve been working on Halo now for over five years and I don' t think most of them would be up for another title so early, at least not without throwing in a new IP or two in between anyway.

Actually i suspect one of the projects they' ll move onto after Halo 3 is an online focussed multiplayer game, simlar to Battlefield.

We already know that Halo Wars is being handled by Ensemble Studio, and that there is a Halo-universe based trilogy being handled by Wingnut Interactive. However, i can' t see Microsoft letting Bungie venure too far away from Halo. They' ll likely do a new IP, maybe two, but Halo 3 won' t be the last first-person Halo game on 360, of that i' m sure.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 18:27

ORIGINAL: DontPeeOnBilly

Haze should be a Halo Killer. Meaningful story + actual innovation = True quality. Furthermore, Free Radical has been a pro Playstation development team ever since their existence. Haze will not be exclusive, but it will probably play the best on the PS3.

As far as i know, the PS3 is the leading platform for HAZE.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 19:54

As far as i know, the PS3 is the leading platform for HAZE.

FPS games will always play better on the 360, unless you have disjointed thumbs. Playing FPS on the PS3 should be forbidden by law due to the extensive stress on the medical system fixing broken thumbs!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 20:37
Halo is medicore, many fps have surpassed it.
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 22:54

FPS games will always play better on the 360, unless you have disjointed thumbs. Playing FPS on the PS3 should be forbidden by law due to the extensive stress on the medical system fixing broken thumbs!

For people who have small hands like yourself, maybe, but for those of us who hit puberty, there is no issue with stretching the thumbs to the analog sticks.
Nitro

RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 28, 2007 23:21

ORIGINAL: DontPeeOnBilly

For people who have small hands like yourself, maybe, but for those of us who hit puberty, there is no issue with stretching the thumbs to the analog sticks.

Except he' s actually talking about the left analog stick placement making playing FPS games feel unnatural. It' s a common complaint.

However, just as the stick placement on the PS/2/3 pads aren' t perfect for FPS games, the stick placement on XB/360 pads aren' t perfect for games like Katamari.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference and adaptability but it' s a common enough complaint about first person games on Sony consoles to warrant mention.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 29, 2007 03:41
Since most of the FSP i like are for the PC, playing FPS in any console is pretty much always a messy experience regardless of the system, you cant move fast enough, you cant aim fast enough, control wise they all play like shit anyways.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 28 May 07 19:43:33 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 29, 2007 04:26
Guess I have disjointe thumbs, as I prefer the Dualshock1/2/Sixaxis for playing Fps games over the 360 controller. I really enjoy the 360 controller, however never use the left analog stick, unless the game forces me to.

Also, I find the LB and RB buttons to be really inconvinently placed, which is why I cannot call the 360 the best controlelr out there, eve n thoguh it is a good one.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 29, 2007 04:32

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Halo is medicore, many fps have surpassed it.

Name one FPS on a console that has surpassed it.

PS3 fanboy = fail
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 29, 2007 04:56

Lol, i probably have way bigger hands than your feeble inbred self! Please refrain from stupid comments.

Only idiots (and Dionysius) (and fanboys, but thats pretty much the same as the first) prefer dual shock(sixaxis) over the 360 controller.
Nitro

RE: Haze, a ps3 halo killer? - May 29, 2007 05:16
Stick placement should be like so...

Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 137

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages