Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report!
Change Page: << < ..11121314 > | Showing page 13 of 14, messages 241 to 260 of 264
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 25, 2006 03:08

If someone bought the core system - he knew what he was doing - and he was a dumb fuckin moron.

Totally depends on their reasoning.

If they had the money for the Premium package but chose to buy the Core system and purchase EVERYTHING included in the Premium package separately then sure it' s a pretty foolish move on their part - and a more expensive one as well.

But if they just want a bare bones system just to play games with and aren' t fans of wireless controllers, and have No interest in Xbox Live, then the Core system is the cheaper, more ideal route for them. Hell I originally wanted to get a Core unit but kinda fell into the Premium pack and am satisfied with it.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 24 Feb 06 19:09:55 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 25, 2006 03:35
I think they should make the 360 Premium pack caffine free, as it seems everybody is addicted to it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 25, 2006 03:43

But if they just want a bare bones system just to play games with and aren' t fans of wireless controllers, and have No interest in Xbox Live, then the Core system is the cheaper, more ideal route for them. Hell I originally wanted to get a Core unit but kinda fell into the Premium pack and am satisfied with it.

Choice, like i said
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 27, 2006 00:12
as much as microsoft is customizing to their consumer, it can be a little overwhelming at times, which is why i have to respect nintendo for their simplicity.

with the ps2 you can get
-Hard drives
-Network adapters
-Mini-models
-Online Headsets
-Vertical Stands
-Horizontal Stands (ironic huh)

With the 360 you can get (or will be able to get)
-Hard Drives
-1' st Party Wireless Controllers
-Hd-DVD add-on' s
-Removable Faceplates
-DVD Remote' s
-Live Headsets
-Vertical Stands
-Play & Charge kits
-Wireless Network Adapters

With the Gamecube, you can get
-A Wavebird Controller

I like game add-ons as much as every other gamer, but nintendo has a knack for bringing us back to good ol' simple gaming.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 27, 2006 01:36

Hell no - they need to buy aditional Memory Card and it' s not that cheap anymore
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 27, 2006 02:02

With the Gamecube, you can get
-A Wavebird Controller

Mmmm dont forget that you can also get a Modem, a Network adabter, and also a gameboy game player for the gamecube. And im sure im forgetting more, its customisable as well

Edit:

Oh and dont forget, the GBA connector, and force feedback wheel, and the bongo drums for Donkey Konga!
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 26 Feb 06 18:04:46 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 27, 2006 06:34
Nintendo are the kings of selling the same stuff again and again. Come on the GBA got remade 3 times, the ds is allready on its second. How many times was Super Mario brothers [the orginal] re-relased on each and every console? and now they are set to it again with the rev. It ant right, and thats one reason i dislike nintendo, sure i dont have to buy you might argue, but milking the industry dry cannot do your ip and name any good.

Whats the topic now?
]GaNgStA[

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 27, 2006 06:45

cannot do your ip and name any good

It can actually and MS is learning from them (Master Chief in DOA4)

GBA got remade 3 times - sure it' s great actually - it is amazing how GBA SP changed portable gaming , and then GB MICRO with it' s cool buttons and D-Pad , better screen , stylish and small.

N gives you the option - you can have all 3 GBA so why do you care? MS didn' t give you much of a choice- they want to kill Xbox ASAP and they force XBlive players to switch to 360.

Like you said - people buy mario for every system - means that the demand is huge - they (N) would be simply stupid if they didn' t cash on it.

It' s your free will to get something or not - most gamers are very happy to hear that a new version of DS is coming out and that it' s improved in many areas(GBMICRO BUTTONS & D-PAD!!!).

The old DS however is still cool and just as good to play games.

Nintendo are the kings of selling the same stuff again and again.

Certainly -and they are kings in many other areas as well.

KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 28, 2006 07:09
hey guys, read this:

In perhaps the greatest disservice to the general consumer market yet perpetrated by players in the electronic entertainment industry, it has been revealed that next-generation DVD technologies (HD-DVD and Blu-ray) will only function with monitors and HDTVs with HDMI or DVI connections.

What does that mean to you? If you purchased an HDTV more than a couple of years ago, chances are you are using Component Video (the red, green, and blue plugs) to connect HD sources to your TV. Component Video is an analog transmission, which means that it can' t work with the absurdly stringent AACS copy-protection Hollywood has insisted be integrated into the new formats. Thus, no HDMI input on your TV, no hi-def DVD for you. If you don' t have a compatible TV, you' ll either receive a massively downgraded sub-720p resolution version of the content, or what the studios are suggesting, a warning screen followed by nothing.

Who' s to blame for screwing some 3,000,000+ HDTV owners in America that were good consumers and early adopters who purchased TVs without HDMI? A group put together by the major movie studios called Advanced Access Content System (AACS). AACS was responsible for the Reuters report last week that speculated that Sony would miss its spring launch date for the PS3, due to the fact that the AACS had still not finalized the technicalities of the protocol. After a good six months of deliberation since version AACS v.0.9 was put into testing, and only 2 or 3 months away from the supposed release of the first HD-DVD and Blu-ray players, AACS has finally made the baby step of offering provisional licensing to the likes of Sony, Toshiba, and the other early manufactures of hi-def DVD solutions.
Even if you' ve got an HDTV with HDMI or DVI inputs, it' s unlikely your TV has more than one. Just about every HD source these days is best in HDMI, so what are you going to do when both your cable box and next-gen DVD player/PS3 need the same plug? HDMI switchers or enabled receivers are not cheap, or even easy to find. In addition, it would appear that every component involved in the transmission of an HD-DVD/Blu-ray signal must make use of Intel' s HDCP technology. This extra level of protection works with the AACS protocols on a hardware level.

Why is this bad? Say you decided to be future proof and purchase a high-end AV receiver with HDMI connections and up-scaling capabilities. Seemed like a good idea last week, but not anymore. Unless it supports HDCP, and it doesn' t, because no manufacturers have made HDCP models yet, you won' t be routing your HD-DVD or Blu-ray player through it.

Perhaps you' re a progressive type and decided to make your media center PC centric. You' re screwed too. Even if you purchased a high-end ATI or Nvidia graphics card advertised as HDCP compatible, that all it is: compatible, not compliant. HDCP chips must be bios flashed at the factory, and though these new " compatible" cards have space for a TI HDCP chip, none have them yet. In addition, every link in the chain must be HDCP ready, and only a very few PC monitors have adopted the standard. Get ready to buy both a new high-end graphics card and a new monitor if you want hi-def DVD for your PC.

It gets even worse. At the same time the AACS story came to light, it was discovered that the first wave of next-gen DVD players will not support the " managed copy" option that so many proponents of the new technologies have been hyping. Now that it is apparent Hollywood is willing to absolutely screw more than three million early-adopting consumers (who are probably also some of the best DVD-buyers) is it wrong to be skeptical that the " managed copy" features aren' t quite going to be as fully-fledged as we all have hoped, if and when they actually appear? Expect massive downgrades in resolution to be the major movie studio' s requirement for any content they allow to escape from the closed AACS-HDCP loop.

This is a dark day for the entire consumer electronics industry. Huge manufacturers like Sony and Toshiba have allowed Hollywood executives to punish consumers for the studios' inability to protect their own content in the wild. Despite the fact that the relationship between movie piracy and the floundering movie theater receipts of recent years has not been proven to be direct, Hollywood is applying an iron fist in their aim to control the next generation of the home-theater experience. You know those previews on DVDs that you can' t skip through? That' s only the beginning of the ways Hollywood wants to control your entertainment experience.

Consumers shouldn' t take this lying down. The difference between HD-DVD and Blu-ray quality and normal DVD isn' t huge, especially in light of the rather nice results produced by up-scaling DVD players available today from Oppo, Sony, and others. Should we allow movie studios to force their biggest fans, the early adopters of HDTV and related accessories, to buy entirely new entertainment systems? Is the upgrade even worth it?

Next-gen DVD is looking pretty questionable at this point. Not only do we have a format war to deal with, we' ve got Hollywood' s accounting departments in charge of deciding the minutia of how we' re able to enjoy the content we pay for. No copy protection scheme yet developed has been able to stand up to the genius of the hacking collective, and it' s unlikely that even AACS and HDCP will last for long. Just long enough, perhaps, to strangle what remains of the traditional disc-based content distribution model and open the door for ubiquitous digital content and on-demand distribution.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/691/691408p2.aspx
this is messed up...
Nitro

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 28, 2006 08:13
Kekekekekekekekekekekekekeke....

That' s hillarious. Anyone who said 360 isn' t future proofed just got proved wrong, and anyone counting on PS3 to deliver Blu-Ray into their homes as a cheaper alternative to buying a fully-fledged Blu-Ray player just got a shock.

Hollywood suck!
KiLLeR

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 28, 2006 13:11
I hope it turns out to be false man...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 28, 2006 16:07
I keep looking at your avatar killer...

Nitro

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Feb 28, 2006 19:54

ORIGINAL: KiLLeR

I hope it turns out to be false man...

It' s not speculation, it' s what' s happened. Hollywood have screwed people because they' re bothered about piracy!

Your avatar is a killer...
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Mar 01, 2006 01:19
According to a spokesperson from sony, PS3 will not see the day on may (duh!!) but also it will not see the day before octobre!! the reason is that some components take a lot of time to manufacture...

Source:

Sankei.co.jp & Gamekult
]GaNgStA[

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Mar 01, 2006 03:32
So you haven' t heard that Windows Vista requires HDCP as well?

Yes - you need not only a high end PC to run it , but also a HDCP compatible Monitor - and there are just a few of them right now.

What the fuck is going on? aren' t they supposed to make things we want to buy?
Aren' t they the ones who should care if their customers are happy ?

All those HD owners are nothing to them?

I don' t get it anymore ...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Mar 01, 2006 04:07

According to a spokesperson from sony, PS3 will not see the day on may (duh!!) but also it will not see the day before octobre!! the reason is that some components take a lot of time to manufacture...

Source:

Sankei.co.jp & Gamekult

You mean it will come to winter in Japan?
Abasoufiane

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Mar 01, 2006 05:56
i' m not sure, but probably that' s what they mean ....
KiLLeR

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Mar 01, 2006 13:43
gangsta whaaaaat!!! I didn' t know that about vista. I must' ve missed it. fuck, what' s going on. big changes in these next 2 years. we' re all gonna suffer, cuz shit rolls downhill.

I keep staring at my avatar too VX, lol. and yes it is a killer haha

Hey abasoufiane, where u been dude?
< Message edited by KiLLeR -- 1 Mar 06 0:43:54 >
Abasoufiane

RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Mar 01, 2006 22:35
i' m a ninja and i show up only when bad things happen :)

killer i stole you avatar and try to put it on msn but it doesn' t work that way, only a pic is displayed without animation , we should wait for MSN 8 for that kind of stuff, i guess...
Michael Star

• Total Posts : 23
RE: KIKIZO' s PS3 Hands-On Report! - Mar 02, 2006 01:21
when are they gonna realise, there' s no copy-protection that' s gonna last?? it' s gonna be broken on either a software or a hardware level, like they did with those chips you can put in your ps2 to play copied content. Remember the first dvd-players?? with fucking region-protection. First you could only buy the major brands, which supported those protections, and then all the cheap-china stuff hit the market, being able to play mp3,jpg,mpg,divx,avi and other region dvds. My guess is people wont upgrade anything if they have to upgrade every fuckin machine in the house. And off course sony' s not gonna hit the market with hdtv-only ps3' s... now the person who made that up is actually really retarded (and that' s an honour coming out of my mouth).
Change Page: << < ..11121314 > | Showing page 13 of 14, messages 241 to 260 of 264

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll