Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 5 of 9, messages 81 to 100 of 175
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 01:49

It' s over Cetra! Just admit defeat and join us! Together we' ll spread the truth! Welcome to the completely not-fanboyish community of Kikizo!

Exactly. Cetra you lost, ginjirou has proved nearly all of your points wrong with something called FACTS. Sorry Cetra but you have to be one of the biggest fanboys I have ever heard! Now lets let this post die OK!
Z.O.E

• Total Posts : 8
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 01:52
To answer your first question I aimed it at Tiz as it is clearly shown on the top right.

To answer your second question the current vibe in the industry is CHANGE. Sadly what the X-BOX 360 is lacking in, at least the PLAYSTATION 3 has recognized this need and addressed it (of course NINTENDO IS LEADING THE PACK).

Do not presume to mistake my gripe with TIZ about using facts and figures with me actually hating facts and figure I can see the obvious necessities with using them. However I do have a gripe with people who only rely on them to argue their points, now fare enough you may not have seen many facts and figures coming from Tiz but I have heard from people with his type of view of the industry, and every now and again HE has relied on Fs & Fs.

BELIEVE me when I say there much more facts and figures to come to argue his points.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:03
You may not have a " gripe" with anybody.

Everybody COOL IT!
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:03

...people like you are a dieing breed just in case you didn’t understand the whole dinosaur thing.

I don' t wanna die!!!
Z.O.E

RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:10

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

You may not have a " gripe" with anybody.

Everybody COOL IT!

I apologies if I have come across heavy handed it was not my intention……I SHOULD CEARFULLY SELECT MY WORDS NEXT TIME I mean really who says “gripe” anymore LOL
Nitro

RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:13
Saying such things often leads to arguments, even if it wasn' t meant offensively.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
Z.O.E

RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:18
Glad to be here........

Any hot topics on lol
Z.O.E

RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:21
Quick question im finding it difficult to put up a pic how did u do it.
Nitro

RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:27
Firstly it needs to be hosted online (either using imageshack, or already on a website etc), then when typing your message, click the " image" button and you' ll get...

[image][/image]

...then find the picture, right click it and select properties, copy the URL and paste it inbetween [image] and [/image] and you' re ready to go!
Z.O.E

RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:34
Thanks[image][/image]
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 02:35
I use photobucket,its free,and i have over 300 pictures uploaded there.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 04:49

I have been carefully monitoring what you have to say on this forum, and it looks like to me that you are a facts and figures person with no concept of what is really happening with in computer game industry.

By concept I mean the current vibe in the industry, because you only rely on facts and figures you are what me and the rest of the WORLD CALL A DINOSAUR, people like you are a dieing breed just in case you didn’t understand the whole dinosaur thing.

Care to elaborate? I am probably the person who uses facts and figures the least
in this forum, yet blindly you single me out.

So please, instead of running in guns blazing and name calling (Dinosaur?) care
to take a more formal and dignified approach?

The fact that your name is Z.O.E says two things to me:

Zone of the Enders is your forte, and your pissed, because I disclosed an opinion
that offended you about Sony (everyones entitled no? To their own opinion that is)

Or, you are actually called Zoe, and you are again, very pissed and female...

I grasp every concept of what is going on, so please if you have been reading, why don' t you ask kindly what I meant by these posts?

Edit: In reply to Z.O.E

To answer your second question the current vibe in the industry is CHANGE. Sadly what the X-BOX 360 is lacking in, at least the PLAYSTATION 3 has recognized this need and addressed it

Did we watch the same press conference???
< Message edited by Tiz -- 23 May 06 21:01:23 >
Wolfjack

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 05:02
Wow, Cetra' s initial post in this thread... It' s just wrong in so many unique and innovative ways.

Heh.
Cetra

• Total Posts : 153
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 05:04

Nintendo were the ones who were going to introduce the CD as a standard medium for games - Sony used this oppurtunity to continue development on a console that was originally Nintendo' s idea.

Sony and Philips were the ones helping nintendo with the project, until Nintendo fired them all. So you can also put it this way, Nintendo wouldnt be knocked down in the game market if they hadnt been so fond of their old cartridge.

-
What untruths am I speaking of? I suppose your impressions about sony is the truth? " Oh meh, sony copied the analogue sticks, sony copied the wiimote" has this been publically stated anywhere?

Ask me what evidence you need on my statements and I' ll give you what I have.

-

Exactly. Cetra you lost, ginjirou has proved nearly all of your points wrong with something called FACTS. Sorry Cetra but you have to be one of the biggest fanboys I have ever heard! Now lets let this post die OK!

If this is what you truly believe, you are completely ignorant. I will not give into statements such as the Playstation controller being a rip off of the N64 controller. When the N64 controller came over a year later. Thats plain silly.

-
Again, need proof of anything I say, shoot. Everything I say is based upon research.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 05:20
Ok. If you think you' re right when most of the members in this forum disagrees with you the fine. Personally I think you should read all the posts one more time and at least try to be open minded.
You should know that of all the people here at Kikizo, me and Abasoufiane are the ones who defend and put good words for Sony the most. And yet we deeply disagree with you.

Sony and Philips were the ones helping nintendo with the project, until Nintendo fired them all. So you can also put it this way, Nintendo wouldnt be knocked down in the game market if they hadnt been so fond of their old cartridge.

What the F*cking hell! You keep mentioning that al the time. Is that the only thing you' ve got? Besides you' re wrong anyway. Sega were before Sony and Nintendo had the idea of bringing CD' s as standard. Sony just finished Nintendo' s plans. They would' ve never done it if it weren' t for Nintendo.

What untruths am I speaking of? I suppose your impressions about sony is the truth? " Oh meh, sony copied the analogue sticks, sony copied the wiimote" has this been publically stated anywhere?

Ask me what evidence you need on my statements and I' ll give you what I have.

You' re stupid! Read any respected gaming site and they' re all hinting that SOny has stolen pretty much every idea. Not that it takes a gamejournalist to realize that. You' re kind of like the nazis that claim that Hitlers concentration camps never excisted.

If this is what you truly believe, you are completely ignorant. I will not give into statements such as the Playstation controller being a rip off of the N64 controller. When the N64 controller came over a year later. Thats plain silly.

As usuall Nintendo showed off their products well before they released their controller. And the fact that Sony released a new controller to answer Nintendo' s controller is obvious.
Nintendo tried to prevent further rip-offs by keeping the Wii-mote secret for as long as possible but as we could see Sony desperately put together their inferior motion-sensing device for the PS3.

Again, need proof of anything I say, shoot. Everything I say is based upon research.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!
What research? You keep mentioning that word but all I see is crap based on your own conclusions. Conclusions without any logic to it.

You know what, we are never going to agree on this. That' s probably a fact. So let' s just end this whole discussion and try to find something we agree on in this forum ok?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 23 May 06 21:23:25 >
Cetra

• Total Posts : 153
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 05:29
http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/snes_psx/index.aspx

You' re stupid! Read any respected gaming site and they' re all hinting that SOny has stolen pretty much every idea. Not that it takes a gamejournalist to realize that. You' re kind of like the nazis that claim that Hitlers concentration camps never excisted.

Looks like you feel cornered, how strange that is when you believe your right all the time. And every gaming site is fairly poor compared to real enlightened magasines that actually has journalism of real calliber.

As usuall Nintendo showed off their products well before they released their controller. And the fact that Sony released a new controller to answer Nintendo' s controller is obvious

Whats so different in the looks of the original playstation controller and the dual shock? There only are two added analouge sticks on the middle, the form is still the same. And all nintendo has had of controllers before N64, has been flat standard button controllers, now when Sony released Playstation with the downfacing curved handles, the split in two, the non flat design, do you still denie any influence this has had on Nintendo and the N64 controller?
When they suddenly moved from making flat controllers to split handled controllers?
Wolfjack

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 05:31

What on god' s green earth have you been smoking? Sony copied the SNES controller for the original PS controller. Sure, they had the good ideas of putting on prongs that stick out so it could be held better, and they doubled the number of shoulder buttons. They would have copied the S/NES' s D-Pad as well had that not been patented by Nintendo.

It was after the N64 controller had been unveiled that Sony revised the PS controller and brought out the DualShock. Which copied not only the analogue functions of the N64 controller but also the Rumble Pak add-on for the N64.
Nitro

RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 05:33
The Dual Shock was released in 1997. The Saturn NiGHTS pad (the first analog controller to market) was released alongside NiGHTS into Dreams in July 1996. So Sega had the first analog pad on the market a year before Sony launched the Dual Shock.

The N64 launched just weeks after NiGHTS into Dreams, but Nintendo had unveilled their console (and it' s analog controller) in November 1995, BEFORE Sega developed the NiGHTS pad.

Thus, Nintendo were the first to use analog control (and force feedback), but Sega were first to market.

That was a YEAR before Sony released the Dual Shock for Playstation. So Sony and Sega copied Nintendo, with Sony also copying the use of rumble technology.

So, exactly what " research" have you done Cetra? You make it sound like you think Playstation was launched with the Dual Shock controller. If that' s what you think, then you' re evidently younger than the rest of us who remember it as it actually happened!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 05:38

You know what, we are never going to agree on this. That' s probably a fact. So let' s just end this whole discussion and try to find something we agree on in this forum ok?

Pswii60?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Why I think Nintendo is not creative and historically original - May 24, 2006 05:42
Noooooo...

Pii60, duh!
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 5 of 9, messages 81 to 100 of 175

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message