Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Nintendo Wii
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617 > | Showing page 15 of 17, messages 281 to 300 of 339
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 20, 2006 07:00
Yeah, but taxes normally aren' t included when people are giving prices on new products. Plus a direct exchange rate is pretty much useless as retail prices are governed by local markets. Using the 599 Euro versus 599 U.S. prices as an example, our European brethren will be bending over, while, with Quezcatol and his Kronor, there will be some ankle grabbing involved (and not in a good way)!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 20, 2006 19:24
That doesn' t sound good because the Xbox360 Core Pack costs 3000 SEK here so if the Wii costs 3000 SEK + tax then it' ll be more expensive than the 360.
I know direct exchange rates aren' t giving away the price in other territories but I figured it would be good for non-swedes to get an idea of how much money we' re talking about.
Are you sure taxes aren' t included because the 360 price was pretty much the same as the announced price. And the announced PS3 prices (in Europe) are inclusive taxes.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 May 06 11:41:50 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 20, 2006 21:54
At £425 we will be paying more for the PS3 than anybody!!!

It works out at 5,844.56 SEK or 625.152 EUR or 797.261 USD

In the states it will cost $599 for the 60Gb version, and we are being asked to pay the equivlent of $799???????

In comparison, the 360 premium unit only costs £280, so there' s a huge difference.

So 3000 SEK would translate to £218 and i fully expect Wii to cost £250 here, so will will be paying even more again!!!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 20 May 06 13:59:04 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 20, 2006 23:18
yeah, i' ve come to the conclusion that sony are just a bunch of money whores. " Let' s see here, how can we make this look cheap... Oh, i know, let' s make all of the system prices nice neat numbers that are somewhat like the U.S. ones."
" conversion rates? they don' t matter, as long as it' s in the ballpark of a few hundred, we' re probably okay, right? Right?"
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 20, 2006 23:34
How much does a loaf of bread cost in the UK?
Generic or name brand from a prominent grocery store.

Trying to see the cost of living.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 21, 2006 00:06
Yeah but I don' t think they' ll be making much of a profit even if they surge out of consoles when it launches will they? because I think they' ll still be making a considerable loss or have they managed to cut down on the costs?.
Nitro

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 21, 2006 02:01

How much does a loaf of bread cost in the UK?

80 pence.

Trust me, £425 is an awful lot on money to ask for a console.
ginjirou

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 21, 2006 03:30
Comparing the Wii with the PS3 is laughable since the price difference is so incredibly huge. I' m more interested in comparing the 360 with the Wii since the prices aren' t that different. Maybe Microsoft will truly win the new generation. They' re not much more expensive than Nintendo and they' re not less powerful than Sony. And they' ve managed to get lots of exclusives. If they make some kind of motion-sensing device (they did create an Eye-toy-like thing) then Nintendo or Sony won' t be able to stand against Microsoft.
Nitro

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 21, 2006 03:57
I distinctly remember Sony saying, before all the bullshit, that PS3 wasn' t primarily a games console and would be so expensive you' d need to work more hours to be able to afford it.

Nintendo has kept saying Wii will be cheap, and it' s ceratin to cost less than $250, most likely $199 as long as their ISN' T another technological secret as is being speculated.

Sony will sell out on launch day, but i doubt they' ll a) have more than 2 million units for launch, b) manage to launch worlwide simultaneously and c) be able to overtake 360' s ever growing install base within the first 18 months if not longer.

Sony' s machine will hopefully look better and have a lot more going for it when TGS rolls around later this year, with all the REAL titles people wanted to see on display at E3 but never showed.

Microsoft does seem to be getting many more exclusives than Sony though (because they have the money to spend) and developers that at during the previous generation were " loyal" to Sony are starting to develop for 360.

It' s going to get interesting methinks!
ginjirou

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 21, 2006 08:32
I don' t know if any price higher than $199 will be low enough for the Wii to compete with the 360. Especially if the 360 gets a motion-sensing controller to.
$199 will work just great and I think that' s the price they' ll choose.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 21, 2006 20:18
I think that at this point 250 would be a disappointement.I' m not saying it' s not worth it - it surely is, but after some reports and initial comments leading to think that it might be as low as 150...you get the idea

250 is still really cheap for it , but the optimal price is 199 (anything lower than that is a fuckin " Christmas Mode" )
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 21, 2006 22:34
£199 is all i am willing to pay for a wii especially as i have never played it and honestly don' t know how good it' ll be. I am really hoping for a launch around £150 though.... or should i say, dreaming?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 23, 2006 03:21
I was thinking, since the Wii is apparently a step-up for the industry...would you honestly want this method of gaming continued to further generations? Or is it best to leave this as a one-gen deal then move onto somthing new again?

Maybe this question is too early to ask.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 23, 2006 06:32
it' s definitely too early to ask but if it works you' ll get a next gen system after wii that will have both HD graphics and awesome interaction in games - I' d say it' s cool to combine all the competitors powers (well we can forget about Sony when we say this).

Anyway - if that won' t work - it' s cool to have one main typical gaming system and one crazy nintendo system with enormous fun factor as the second (or first for some) system.

Anyway I think making a HD Wii means creating the ultimate platform :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 22 May 06 22:33:40 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 23, 2006 08:22
don' t know if it warranted a new thread, as its most probably allready been posted, but here is the link to an EP ep of the red steel demo with controller again:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7888968777839133832&q=japfest

Love the " like a gansta " quote
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 24, 2006 09:10

I was thinking, since the Wii is apparently a step-up for the industry...would you honestly want this method of gaming continued to further generations? Or is it best to leave this as a one-gen deal then move onto somthing new again?

You just brought up a very interesting question. To be honest I don' t even think Nintendo knows what the next console after Wii will do. I hope they go back to their roots and try to give MS and Sony a quick kick in the nuts by beating them at their own game, that is to gain hardware superiority.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 24, 2006 18:44

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

I hope they go back to their roots and try to give MS and Sony a quick kick in the nuts by beating them at their own game, that is to gain hardware superiority.

Iv' e been saying that for some time and it would really be nice to see nintendo try and drive them aside using their own approach with powerful and ' ' innovative' ' (that they love so much) hardware.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 25, 2006 19:41

ORIGINAL: Mass X

That question will have to wait until we' ve tried the Wii. The gaming world will have to decide whether it wants this as an industry standard or not.
brick_boss

• Total Posts : 14
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 26, 2006 02:03
i think the nintendo is going to be hard as fucc excuse my language. and that super smash bros. brawl is going to be the beastest game for the wii and that new mario too.

HEADS UP TO ALL MY NIGGAS WHO LOVE FINAL FANTASY
ginjirou

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 26, 2006 02:16

ORIGINAL: brick_boss

HEADS UP TO ALL MY NIGGAS WHO LOVE FINAL FANTASY

I really hope you' re black because...
...have you seen Rush Hour with Jackie Chan? You know when he enters that club and says " What' s up my nigga?" . What happens next is.. kind of ugly.
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617 > | Showing page 15 of 17, messages 281 to 300 of 339

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll