Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Nintendo Wii
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617 > | Showing page 12 of 17, messages 221 to 240 of 339
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 12, 2006 19:09
I might be a bit late to point this out, but there was someone that said that people that started at the Ps generation don' t know shit about fun and I just wanted to say that I thought that was very narrow minded. Just because we' re older doesn' t mean we know more about fun, as it' s something that differ from person to person. You tend to see similar tastes in various groups, such as age and nationality. We feel nostalgic about the old times (old? I' m still only 19 dammit ) and therefore sometimes dream back to those days. Saying that people younger than us don' t know jack about fun is like our parents telling us games in all is waste of time and spoil the youth.

Now all of you go out and play! It' s nice weather outside!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 12, 2006 19:34

I just wanted to say that I thought that was very narrow minded.

It was me and yeah it was pretty narrowminded - there are a lot of gamers who get the idea of gaming - I Was reffering mostly to people who can' t even touch a mario game today cause the graphics are old and instead play some stupid harry potter on PS2.

But Yeah, I Should' ve made that clear.

But it' s not about nostalgic feelings - those games are top notch when it comes tu pure gameplay aspect even today (Mario,Sonic).
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 12, 2006 20:46

ORIGINAL: whiteguysamurai

This is annoying!
Can we all talk about something buy Wii for a little while?

Let this thread die!!!!!

Dude, the thread is pinned. It won' t die even if nobody posts in it.
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 12, 2006 23:50
your right this thread won' t die but your avatar will

hahahaha sorry all in good fun

just saw the opportunity for a joke
< Message edited by C*Dub -- 12 May 06 15:54:08 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 13, 2006 00:16
I like it. Others might not be able to appreciate the joke, but at least i know you saw the humor in my post in the other thread!

C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 13, 2006 00:57
I truely am glad you like it. I will wait to see your rebutle of my altered avatar whenever you see the opportunity to land a joke on me.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 13, 2006 03:22
I see, then I understand. I too find it wrong to judge a game simply by it’s graphics but people like that exist amongst all generation (people like that? Now that sounded really bad). Though I believe graphics to definitely be a part of games, as it is a form of entertainment media that covers everything from graphical image to sound, story and gameplay, amongst other things. It’s (I believe) the form of entertainment media that covers the most parts and I like it for this (though as I am lazy I tend to get easily bored if I get stuck ).So as said, graphics are important, though equally important as the rest of the game.

Also when I said nostalgic I did it because it has passed a great many years since I last played Nes or Sega, and although I do remember that I used to like them I dare not say I would anymore (at least not without the nostalgia interfering [:' (]). I will however forever respect the memories of the fun, simple times.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 13, 2006 17:12

it has passed a great many years since I last played Nes or Sega, and although I do remember that I used to like them I dare not say I would anymore

That would depend on the games and the system.

I still find playing Sonic, SOR, Shinobi, MK3, UMK3, Golden Axe, Shining Force 2 etc on the MegaDirive and SMB, DKC, Metroid etc on SNES much more enjoyable than playing 90% of todays best games.

The exceptions being: Resident Evil 4, VF4, Tekken 5, Soul Calibur, Metroid Prime, MGS2. The thing is, with increasingly higher development costs and production times the exceptions to this rule are becoming less frequent. It' s not that the games are overall any worse but just there' s not as much of them. PS2 proved otherwise eventually, but with next-gen until costs get cheaper/shorter (production terms) I doubt it will be quite as rich with content.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 13, 2006 19:48
I play my old NES pretty often and as soon as there' s an old game available for my cellphone I download it immidiately.
The old games were very simple with few options and because of that the developers had to try harder to make them good or unique. Because of that most games were really good and the best games were really amazing.
About the name Wii, I' ,m actually starting to like it. I thought I would after some time, but not this fast. I guess the Nintendo press conference helped out a lot. The only thing that disturbs me is Nintendo' s official Wii videos where the Wii letters jumps around and makes strange noices. It' s a little childish. I hope they only have the lst bit where the text kind of melts into the background in the future.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 06:06

o as said, graphics are important, though equally important as the rest of the game.

No way - it' s gameplay mostly and then audio and graphics
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 09:14
Is that not the whole point Nintendo is trying to get across now? That gameplay is supposed to be the primary focus, and that graphics, sound and plot are only to be used to supplement the gameplay, is truly the proper formula to creating powerful, fun titles, much as it was back in the NES, SNES and Genesis (Megadrive) glory days. Sometimes developers create a game to the extent where the priorities may be flipped, but only Kojima and the MGS franchise can pull the stunt off... well that and Indigo Prophecy to an extent, but the ending blew it.

Let me recall this again - Nintendo Wii is going to emulate five consoles? NES, SNES, Sega Genesis/Megadrive, TurboGrafix, and N64? Wait, that does not include Gamecube. Gamecube is also supported, right? If so, that makes six consoles. Easily beats out Sony or Microsoft in terms of platforms emulated and/or backwards compatibility. Heck, MS has not been able to emulate all of the X-Box titles on the 360 yet, and it does not look like they will finish any time soon, if at all.

The E3 Weekly report videos on IGN sum up this year' s E3 quite nicely. Sony had the stats and figures, Microsoft had the software to wow us, finally, in regards to the 360 being next gen, and Nintendo' s presentation got us yearning to play the darn thing... that, and the Nintendo lines and the waits associated have beaten out the previous records of prior E3s. No matter how much I loved Nintendo, unless I was a reporter, or had a handheld game system, I would not wait for over 5 hours just to play a few minutes of Wii when other console and PC titles beckon. Those guys are nuts! And I thought amusement park lines were bad....
SABREWOLF581

• Total Posts : 92
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 09:36
ok i hear you everybody
as for you segaman
i understand you because sega
givining to you craps for
the last 7 years now
go gamerankings.
when you take a perfect 10 from edge magazine
wii will speak again eat dust for now.
sega is dead..................................
SABREWOLF581

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 09:38
as for you you i am from greece i am waiting for
you karateka
for now you are just an ape of x360
you dont now what framerate means
see ya ape.
SABREWOLF581

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 09:45
i hear you
you may have 2 stars but you know many
about games i am with you.
wii make the next leap in terms of gameplay
sony make the next leap in terms of graphics
and 360 make a step back to the future it still hasnt a game
running in 60 fps except ridgeracer.
but wii and ps3 from the very begging have plenty hello apes
just play pacman hidef in xboxlive hahahahahahaaaaaa
oh peter moore said that not me.
SABREWOLF581

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 09:52
OH GUYS WHERE IS THE GEAR OF WARS THAT WE
SAW IN E3 2005
I MEAN THE GRAPHICS
NOT EVEN CLOSE
AND THE GOTHAM DEMO WAS RUNNING AT 60 FPS
BACK THEN.
IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS DEMOS GIVE ME
YOUR EMAIL I WILL HAPPILY GIVE THEM TO YOU.
as for sony maybe the graphics arent the same with
e3 2005 i will admit that too.
but its far better from the second generation of 360.
even with the half framerate.
think the second gen of ps3 in e3 2007 prepare for
a humilation.except if 360s games running at 2 fps maybe........
< Message edited by SABREWOLF581 -- 14 May 06 2:13:09 >
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 10:16
*twitch* *twitch*
One post at a time, man. I was slightly relieved when you did not post in caps for three (consecutive) posts, but that fourth...

You are asking for a ban. Seriously.
SABREWOLF581

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 11:25
for all i have said
only this you have to say?
i am waiting for comments man
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 11:48
It' s kinda hard to figure out what you' re saying. I think you' re making a comment on the framerate of the Xbox 360' s games at E3, in which case, there' s a thread running about that right now. If you could tidy up your syntax a little bit, it would help us understand you.
SABREWOLF581

RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 12:32
well look.
i said that the framerate of 360s games
is rubbish.
too human was crap too far camera angles and poor framerate.
gear of war the so called second generation of 360s power
is crap.almost 15 fps. (oh and dont forget its grey too.)
in case that you not understand 360 has only 1 game running at 60 fps.(ridge racer)
all the others 30 fps and below.
i mean wii and ps3 have from the very begging plenty of games
running at 60 fps with better graphics.
and if you still dont understand
back in 1996 i was playing mario 64 at 30 fps
and back in 1996 sega rally 2,daytona usa, and for gods sake fzero64 at 60 fps.
oh fzero 64 was 4player spltscreen at 60 fps too.

Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: The Nintendo Wii - May 14, 2006 18:23

360 has only 1 game running at 60 fps.(ridge racer)

You are mistaken with that unfortunitely.

DOA4 runs at 60fps, and Call Of Duty 3 does for the most part, with acceptable slowdown a lot of the time.

I agree about the whole Sega arcade thing (I' ve used that as my argument here many times before)

1996 sega rally 2,daytona usa, and for gods sake fzero64

Incorrect - The games you mention weren' t released until 1998. Sega Rally and Daytona were available in late summer worldwide and F-Zero X fall of that year. The first Sega arcade racer to run at 60fps was Daytona USA1 on Model 2.

I agree with you framerate issues but dude, the info you are using is incorrect which doesn' t help trying to back yourself up about this. Not being rude, just kind of saying you might want to check your info before stating like facts, and use that rather than shouting off abusively at everyone otherwise you might get flammed or banned.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 14 May 06 10:29:31 >
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617 > | Showing page 12 of 17, messages 221 to 240 of 339

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll