Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shenmue3 to next gen?
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 5 of 8, messages 81 to 100 of 143
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 28, 2005 21:31
Wow, I have always hated gamespot because of their extreme Sony bias, but after that comment it bring my hate to a new level. Kikizo is my favorite game news site! Whenever any other game site has an exclusive gamespot just can' t accept it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 28, 2005 21:43

Wow, I have always hated gamespot because of their extreme Sony bias, but after that comment it bring my hate to a new level. Kikizo is my favorite game news site! Whenever any other game site has an exclusive gamespot just can' t accept it.

I wouldn' t worry about it, it was expected. As with anything of this nature, when the announcement is finally made official, doubters will be eating crow ;).

I remember long ago when I posted in the Gamefaqs PSP forum that PSP games would cost as much as PS2 games and UMD movies would adopt a similar pricing scheme as DVD movies, I was obviously a nut job to some over there who were adament that all PSP games would cost no more than $39.99 and UMD movies less than DVDs, but now look at them, after the U.S. release many wound up b' tching and moaning about game prices being as high as consoles and UMDs costing as much as DVDs. :p
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 29 Aug 05 5:50:54 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 04:39
Well,gaming magazine " RESET" said that matsuno(director of ff12) was gonna leave Square-enix and might go for Mistwalker,they had a reliable " source" that they claimed in the magzaine in may.
None belived me.
Then suddenly in july,he left square-enix for a " sickness" .
Did they know about the sickness ?
Or is he coming to mistwalker?! well atleast he left.
Greg Kasavin

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 09:18
I posted this to the GameSpot forums as well, but I' ve just written an apology to Kikizo and Adam Doree on behalf of GameSpot, because our reference to Kikizo' s article in the Heartbreakers story came off as unintentionally rude. For what it' s worth, the author of the article had nothing to do with the decision to link the article to Kikizo' s story, so please don' t direct your wrath at him personally, because this isn' t his fault--he wrote his contribution to the Heartbreakers story earlier last week before Kikizo' s story was published, and the reference was worked in at the last minute. I take full responsibility for what happened, but we meant no offense, so I' m sorry it came off as a slight against Kikizo' s credibility. Please direct any further questions or concerns to me at greg@gamespot.com.

Greg Kasavin
Site Director, GameSpot
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 09:30
[:' (]

I really don' t believe that story was written before Kikizo posted the article. Why would there be any incetive to write that article when you had no info to go off? You really expect us to believe you were going to write an article about how Shenmue 3 wasn' t in the works just out of the blue... yeah right. No offense, but that post has very little validity and has no real backing to support it. It' s more likely that article at Gamespot was written just to dispute Kikizo' s article(even when you guys had nothing to back your statements). Lies on top of lies don' t really help any. Sorry, but I just don' t trust anything at gamespot.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 29 Aug 05 20:23:38 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 11:32
Hi Greg, it' s good to see you here
I was actually surprised as hell to see your name appear as the newest registered member here, for a moment there I thought someone was just messing around, lol..

Anyways, as for the whole issue surrounding Shenmue 3. Given how huge Shenmue news is within the Sega communities, news on Shenmue 3 was bound to elicit all types of reactions and responses from gamers across the net (positive and negative), that' s something I' ve been expecting from the get-go.

As Adam pretty much said, Shenmue 3' s future isn' t exactly set in stone, it' s just good to hear that Sega hasn' t forgotten about it and it remains fresh in their minds.

As with everything in the gaming industry, I always feel that the best thing to do is just wait and see what happens. In the meantime, it would be a tremendous shame to see things within the forums deteriorate into any kind of mudslinging over this.

Anyways thank you for stopping by and trying to clear the air!
QuezcatoL

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 11:33

I really don' t believe that story was written before Kikizo posted the article. Why would there be any incetive to write that article when you had no info to go off? No offense, but that post has very little validity and has no real backing to support it. It' s more likely that article at Gamespot was written just to dispute Kikizo' s article(even when you guys had nothing to back your statements). Lies on top of lies don' t really help any. Sorry, but I just trust anything at gamespot.

I thought the same way.

< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 29 Aug 05 19:35:24 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 11:42
sorry if this come' s out in a wrong way,but i have to be honest,and i agree with rampage.
If i would wrote something else,i would lie,and people should be honest at the site?! ye no?!
Ofc we should.

QuezcatoL

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 12:00
2 days thats all i give.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 29 Aug 05 21:41:44 >
redrover

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 13:39
I' m not naming names, but somebody at gamespot who posted here is a liar.

Check this out:

I emailed Avery Score myself and asked why he knew the Kikizo article was just a " quarterly internet rumor" and I got this as a reply.

" Hi Geoff,

I have no inside info that would confirm or deny the Kikizo
information.
I just think that their citing an " unnamed source" isn' t overwhelmingly
convincing. Mostly, though, I just have trouble seeing Shenmue on the
Xbox 360. This is a game that' s been pushed to next-gen twice, now.
I' ve
also never heard of anyone' s releasing a new game within a collection,
as was proposed on Kikizo. Hey, I' d love to be proven wrong; I just
wouldn' t get your hopes up.

--Avery"

Sounds to me like the boys over at Gamespot are weakening on their position bigtime.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 17:53
I' m bored. Let' s talk about Shenmue 3 or maybe my spectacular hairdo or something.
Terry Bogard

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 18:09
Let' s talk about what Ryo SHOULD look like in the next Shenmue...

I think Ryo should be sportin a goatee and a tattoo of Amy Rose on his right arm. He also needs to bea sportin a Members Only jacket, hehe.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 19:41
I' d like to see him take off that freakin bandaid that' s on his face. It' s been on there long enough!
Joe Redifer

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 29, 2005 22:28
I don' t think his face has healed yet. Ryo has only been " at it" for a few months or so now. It takes small cuts on faces many, many years to heal.

True story:
After I first completed Shenmue 1, I e-mailed AM2 in Japan and praised them. They even responded to my e-mail.

After I completed Shenmue 2, I once again e-mailed them praising their work, but expressed a bit of concern about how his face should have healed by now and he should no longer need the bandage. No reply.

Japan has a fascination with face-bandages, as many Japanese characters have them. It' s the latest rage in Japan.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 30, 2005 03:06

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Japan has a fascination with face-bandages, as many Japanese characters have them. It' s the latest rage in Japan.

Must be Nelly' s influence! LOL
Silas

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 30, 2005 10:20
Hey! Feller was good enough to come over here and apologise, that should be good enough. It is a rival game news web site after all, and he responded very quickly. And his characterisation of the source and the overall chances of Shenmue 3 are his opinion to which he is entitled. Let' s not bandy words like " liar" about.

OOoooh, no, the above discussion looks like you want to introduce some of the innovations on GTA: San Andreas!!! [:' (] Leave Ryo be, no beards, tattoos, afro' s or any other kind of cosmetic alteration. And I don' t want him getting fat like I had my GTA:SA guy!!

(Btw, Terry, whether I read them on Kikizo boards or hear them in episodes of Will & Grace, I' m afraid I just don' t get Members Only Jacket gags.....)
QuezcatoL

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 30, 2005 10:38

Hey! Feller was good enough to come over here and apologise, that should be good enough. It is a rival game news web site after all, and he responded very quickly. And his characterisation of the source and the overall chances of Shenmue 3 are his opinion to which he is entitled. Let' s not bandy words like " liar" about.

I dont care what name/title people have,if someone feel like someone lie he should be able to adress that.
Greg is not more worth listening to then any member here at kikizo,i thought people chosen this place because they prefer it over at GS?
I know kikizo like the good attitude member etc,but if that make people not being honest then its wrong.
I thought the same thing as rampage,and i should be able to write that,

I also think the apology made by greg wasn' t honest either,i think the whole article was made after the kikizo news.
Remember it took them 2 days to upload the news i wrote about Wada.
That is just me,i have to be honest no matter who i speak too.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 30 Aug 05 18:40:29 >
redrover

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 30, 2005 11:27
So Silas ,you WATCH " Will and Grace" ? Why am I not surprised? Fruit.

The reason you dont get members only jokes is because youre not american. They Members only Jackets were in style in America in the 1980' s. Shenmue is set in the 1980' s. DUH. Guess you had to be there.

And Ryo wears the bandaid still because he keeps getting punched in the face on the same spot.

We dont really have to jump all over gamespot for a small transgression, they removed the kikizo link, no harm no foul. And Avery, a Shenmue fan, wants Shenmue 3 as bad as the rest of us. You can tell that from reading the whole article, the crack about quarterly rumors isn' t so much a net-sniper shot at Kikizo, it' s a carpet bombing of all sites that have reported " news" about Shenmue 3 that ended up being false alarms.

Let' s place the blame where it really lies, AM2. Shin Ishikawa PROMISED at least one more Shenmue game on Xbox, and he broke that promise. After that, you should expect a lot of skepticism when anything else sShenmue related is brought up. AM2 OPTED to bring out that Awful virtua Fighter RPG instead of Shenmue 3, and ANOTHER (like we really needed another) Outrun.
Joe Redifer

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 30, 2005 11:57
I am American and I don' t even know what " Members Only" is. Sounds freakin' retarded. The said members should be shot in the face.

And about Gamespot' s apology, I think it is very big of Greg to apologize and very immature of other members to continue to attack him over it afterwards. It' s like nobody is allowed to ever make a mistake and/or express an opinion anymore or else they are branded and hated forever. What' s up with that? If someone owns up to their comments, then they have my respect even if I don' t agree with their opinions.

And yes, we needed another Out Run. Virtua Quest was pretty good as well (not spectacular) but I don' t think either of those games were made INSTEAD of Shenmue 3.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 30 Aug 05 19:58:33 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Shenmue3 to next gen? - Aug 30, 2005 12:18

And about Gamespot' s apology, I think it is very big of Greg to apologize and very immature of other members to continue to attack him over it afterwards.

Yeah im sure Greg really gonna read it anyway???
Also its childish not to write what you have on your mind,greg is an adult he should be able to take some words,also just because you work for a gamingsite doesnt make you a more belivable person then some fat bank owner.
I think he lied and so did rampage,please respect our opinions and accept some people like being honest and has the right to it. k?
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 5 of 8, messages 81 to 100 of 143

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message