Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gears of War Vs PS3
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 2 of 8, messages 21 to 40 of 142
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:09

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

I think that right now Gears is more anticipated than Halo 2 was.

Thats what i' m worried about....
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:10
now im honest.not making this up,but from all my 89 people on F list everyone is getting GoW...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:11
I think that nothing will stop PS3 at first.Gears of War - this game is well known to hardcore gamers mostly - Halo 2 was a mainstream thing (after huge and loud succes of H1)
dasher232

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:13
I think a lot of people will get it I just hope everyone comes out as happy if not moreso as when halo was around.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:19

I think that nothing will stop PS3 at first.Gears of War - this game is well known to hardcore gamers mostly - Halo 2 was a mainstream thing (after huge and loud succes of H1)

True but I think most gamers that own a 360 at this time are mostly hardcore, the hardcore gamers are always the first to buy the consoles. I think the market for potential PS3 owners and potential GOW owners are going to overlap but both are going to be so big that everyone is going to have them both anyways.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 4 Aug 06 0:20:18 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:25
A game release is not going to put a dent into sony' s launch, i believe even microsoft said something to this effect themselves.

Still it is a good strategy in that those who couldn' t get a ps3 might think... well crap this game looks the Sh!t and im not gonna be getting a ps3 anytime soon... besides come xmas ps3 will have better stuff and maybe a more attractive price tag, so screw ps3 for a while, 360 and GoW here i come, and reserve me a copy of halo 3 while your at it...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:36

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

True but I think most gamers that own a 360 at this time are mostly hardcore, the hardcore gamers are always the first to buy the consoles.

I highly disagree with that statement. I have a ton of friends that only play games once or twice a week that bought the system. My two new roomates both have 360s and they definately aren' t hardcore gamers. Yes... there are three 360s in my apartment, lol. It gets crazy with Ghost Recon multiplayer. If anyone wants to play on Live with me send me a message. Gamertag is Rampage99 and I play almost every night.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:39
Regardless of how GoW affects any sales it' s still a bitch slap in the faces of those who will buy a PS3.
The game shows that the 360 is a great console. It works as a reminder that Microsoft is still going strong and I think that it will help Microsofts image a lot to have a great game released near the PS3 launch.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:43
On the contrary, in stores if they have both consoles side-by-side, the PS3
playing WarHawk, and the 360 playing GoW, the question consumers will ask
will be:

" Is that coming out on PS3?"

Given the fact that Gears will look marginally grander than most of the initial
PS3 software, you may find that it does or may dent PS3 sales...

Sony made a mistake by not including major titles on launch, Heavenly Sword
would have been so welcome, and along side Gears, may persuade many a gamer..
Rampage99

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:45
Heavenly Sword should have definately been a launch title. The game was pretty damn awesome at E3.
dasher232

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:47
You see I thought that heavenly sword would have been there as a launch title to hold off but it seems like now they' re resting their hopes in warhawk, fatal inertia and the newly spruced up gran turismo. Saying that though sony probably have their own things to come.
Rampage99

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:51
If anyone buys Gran Tourismo HD I' ll slap them. It' s the PS2 game in High Def... freaking retarded. People actually stood in line to play it at E3 which was probably the saddest thing I saw at the show.
dasher232

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 08:55

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

If anyone buys Gran Tourismo HD I' ll slap them. It' s the PS2 game in High Def... freaking retarded. People actually stood in line to play it at E3 which was probably the saddest thing I saw at the show.

Thats what I don' t get...but there are people who would buy it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 09:24
Well in the UK at least Gears there will be Gears demo pods in Gamestation from just before launch right up to Christmas. We did somthing similar with Halo 2 when that came out and the amount of interest that is generated seeing a game running on the machine in the store is unbelievable.

Y' know, Gears has already been on MTV, it' s all over the internet and in the magazines. It' s already becoming mainstream and that' ll only increase from here on out. It' s Microsoft' s biggest title this holiday and they will certainly be putting some huge money into getting it noticed.

Unfortunately for Sony they won' t have anything that looks as graphically outstanding, so people going into stores and seeing Genji 2 or Motorstorm running on PS3 and then Gears of War or Forza 2 running on the much cheaper 360 are going to pick up the 360. Surely?!

Sony' s pre-sales aren' t important, ...they have to maintain sales after that and getting enough titles out that aren' t ports or multi-platform is going to be really important. I mean, if Sony were going to have DMC4 or Heavenly Sword at launch then it might be different, but that' s not going to happen.

Halo 2 sold 7 million copies in a single year. What if Gears did the same?!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 09:27
Ha ha, this is serious crazy! I guessed the right date in another thread, 17th November.

Who' s the man!
Nitro

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 09:29

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Ha ha, this is serious crazy! I guessed the right date in another thread, 17th November.

Who' s the man!

You' re like that ancient dead dude who predicted things...
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 13:52
man i really thing GoW is gonna suck, i mean it has great graphics but to me thats no the most important part, i just have the feeling that they have focused way too much in the visuals and way too few in the rest of the game, for instance the game will just support 8 players online, the engine cant do AA, the gameplay looks pretty repetitive, the music its so uncool and i hate the voice of Marcus when he says " ill take thoese" ... so retarded, i guess the PS3 its gonna crush GoW . (please dont hate me)

Now, both Mass Effect and Splinter Cell: DA looks pretty cool, i really cant whait to play them, those games are really gonna rock.

BTW can anybody tell me if this is true

XBOX 360

Dead Rising - 7.5, 7.0, 8.0
Prey - 6.5, 7.0, 8.0
Ninety-Nine Nights - 4.5, 4.5, 6.0
Bomberman Act: Zero - 3.0, 3.0, 2.0 (Shame of the Month)

Those are supposed to be EGM scores, please tell me that its not true, i was really looking foward to play Dead Rising, im not surprised about N3´s score though, but Dead Rising 7.5 average??? DAMN THAT CANT BE.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 4 Aug 06 6:01:50 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 15:11

for instance the game will just support 8 players online, the engine cant do AA

For the style of GoW 8 players aint bad, its not designed to be a multiplayer game, and it has coop, which really add up for it!

If you by AA, mean anti aliasation, all 360 games are required to run with a certain amount, not sure if its 2x or 4x. (at least i think they are) and the engine, being the Unreal 3 engine, should have no problem dealing with that!

The game will be no less repetetive than for say Ghost Recon, and that game rocks, so you should look some more at this title before passing it off!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 17:29
Here is why Gears will beat the PS3!

Warning: product not yet rated

Take note of the end.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 4 Aug 06 9:30:01 >
Nitro

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 18:41

the engine cant do AA

True but DOF and motion blur are being used much to the same effect. The thing about aliasing is that it' s MUCH more evident when an object in the foreground has a contrasting colour to object in the background. With Gears the colour palette is made up of greys, blues, blacks, and browns for the most part making aliasing far less noticable.

Gears of War, Mass Effect, Brother in Arms 3, Rainbow Six: Vegas, UT2007, Too Human, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown, Elveon, BioShock, Coded Arms: Assault, Fatal Inertia, Huxley etc are all using the engine, ...complaining about Gears means you' d have to complain and worry and worry about these games too.

for instance the game will just support 8 players online

I can see your point but this isn' t UT2007 and they weren' t going to to HAVE multiplayer at all in the beginning. Personally i prefer playing 8 player GRAW to playing 16 so i' m not really annoyed that Gears will only support 8.

the gameplay looks pretty repetitive

The squad command mechanics haven' t been shown yet. The game will be akin to GRAW on 360 so it' ll be about as repetative as that.

i hate the voice of Marcus when he says " ill take thoese"

But you get the joke right?!

Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 2 of 8, messages 21 to 40 of 142

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message