Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gears of War Vs PS3
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 3 of 8, messages 41 to 60 of 142
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 23:24

ORIGINAL: fernandino

man i really thing GoW is gonna suck, i mean it has great graphics but to me thats no the most important part, i just have the feeling that they have focused way too much in the visuals and way too few in the rest of the game, for instance the game will just support 8 players online, the engine cant do AA, the gameplay looks pretty repetitive, the music its so uncool and i hate the voice of Marcus when he says " ill take thoese" ... so retarded, i guess the PS3 its gonna crush GoW . (please dont hate me)

If you were at E3 and saw this game first hand like I did (single player and multiplayer) you would think way different. Imo this game had the best graphics besides Crysis of the show. It had absolutly incredible gameplay for single player and is extremely cinematic. The multiplayer was easily one of the biggest hits of the show. People were deperately trying to get back in the behind closed doors sessions repeatedly. the game didn' t win an ass load of E3 awards for shiny graphics alone.

Btw, I' m not sure how many of you now this but I' ve heard from a VERY reliable source that the Gears we see now is actuallly the second version of it. The original apparently wasn' t fun enough so they scrapped it and put even more emphasis on gameplay. That in itself shows they aren' t half assing the gameplay element.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 23:28
Cool I have such high hopes now. Also was thinking microsoft might go for a november 7th release for blue dragon in japan.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 23:30

Taking that into account and bearing in mind that Sony are going to end up with the same kind of stock shortage problems that Microsoft had, hell maybe even as bad as the PS2 launch, ...and looking at the large number of 2nd generation 360 titles that will be released in that time (including Halo 3), people thinking about buying a PS3 or those that haven' t had their pre-order met will obviously take a look and see what' s avaiable on 360.

And just how do you figrue that out please do tell us

All you have to do is look at how well Halo 2 performed (1.5 million pre-orders, 2.4 million copies sold in its first 24 hours on store shelve, 7 million copies sold worldwide after exactly 1 year) and the effect it had on the slimline PS2' s launch. I definately wouldn' t underestimate highly anticipated software like Gears or Halo, even if PS3' s will be pre-sold.

You pu gow with halo 2 noe thats funny gow looks good but its not by any means halo 2 i for one dont thinnk gears of wars can compeat with ps3 maybe halo 2 but not gears of war and hell one big ass titile that will make you go out an buy an 360 ( just as halo did for me hell i bought an xbox just for that game.) if any this the ps3 will have an effect on gow sales that one of the reason they dident

Release halo 3 on the ps3 launch date the ps3 will eat halo 3 up . thats just what i think
Rampage99

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 23:39

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Taking that into account and bearing in mind that Sony are going to end up with the same kind of stock shortage problems that Microsoft had, hell maybe even as bad as the PS2 launch, ...and looking at the large number of 2nd generation 360 titles that will be released in that time (including Halo 3), people thinking about buying a PS3 or those that haven' t had their pre-order met will obviously take a look and see what' s avaiable on 360.

Because Sony still isn' t producing PS3s and are still having problems...

All you have to do is look at how well Halo 2 performed (1.5 million pre-orders, 2.4 million copies sold in its first 24 hours on store shelve, 7 million copies sold worldwide after exactly 1 year) and the effect it had on the slimline PS2' s launch. I definately wouldn' t underestimate highly anticipated software like Gears or Halo, even if PS3' s will be pre-sold.

You pu gow with halo 2 noe thats funny gow looks good but its not by any means halo 2 i for one dont thinnk gears of wars can compeat with ps3 maybe halo 2 but not gears of war and hell one big ass titile that will make you go out an buy an 360 ( just as halo did for me hell i bought an xbox just for that game.) if any this the ps3 will have an effect on gow sales that one of the reason they dident

Release halo 3 on the ps3 launch date the ps3 will eat halo 3 up . thats just what i think

GoW has been named the next Halo. It' s been center stage since its first showing. It' s won tons of E3 awards and pretty much every person that owns a 360 is waiting for it. I have friends that don' t onw a 360 that are planning on buying it just for Gears.

People have seriously been turned off by the PS3 price tag and since E3 support for the console has been falling (in terms of people wanting to buy it). Of course the PS3 is still going to sell out on launch but that' s simply due to how few consoles there will be.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 4 Aug 06 10:40:18 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 04, 2006 23:45
But wait a minute microsft still have lots of games to release and as far as I know only dead rising coming this month. So within 4 months they still have the following to release

Import Tuner Challenge
Test Drive Unlimited
Forza Motorsport 2
Tom Clancy' s Rainbow Six Vegas
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007
Gears of War
Saints Row
Ninety-Nine Nights
Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent
The Godfather

Blue Dragon
Phantasy Star Universe
Enchanted Arms
Viva Pinyata
Strangehold
F.E.A.R
World Series of Poker®: Tournament of Champions
TimeShift
Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway

and more isn' t it a bit of a tight schedule?
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 4 Aug 06 15:54:52 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 01:15
.....whilst Gears is shaping up to be THE game of the year (hopefully), it' s still just a single game....

....no single game is ever going to attract more attention in the mass media than a major console release...

...multiply that by about 100, due to the playstation brand, and you have got a rolling, earth rumbling behemoth of hype and expectation which will eclipse the sun and blot out the sky on the 17th of November....

...will there be 5+ page articles at sites like kikizo and IGN written about the day that Gears of War enters the shops?... ....will Gear' s release be featured in the National Enquirer or The Times newspapers?... ....will you see hot newsreaders interviewing skinny dweebs about it on TV?... ....will there be literally THOUSANDS of people queuing up for days on end, to be the first in his/her small town to own one?..... ...will there be people posting endless pictures of it' s packaging on message-boards around the world???

...Gears should be a great game, but only an idiot would think that it' s gonna be anything more than taking a pi$$ in the ocean compared to the juganaught of hype, articles, comments, forum posts ect. which will batter your senses about PS3 during the 17th of November....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 4 Aug 06 17:49:27 >
mikayd2

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 02:02

....whilst Gears is shaping up to be THE game of the year (hopefully), it' s still just a single game....

....no single game is ever going to attract more attention in the mass media than a major console release...

...multiply that by about 100, due to the playstation brand, and you have got a rolling, earth rumbling behemoth of hype and expectation which will eclipse the sun and blot out the sky on the 17th of November....

...will there be 5+ page articles at sites like kikizo and IGN written about the day that Gears of War enters the shops?... ....will Gear' s release be featured in the National Enquirer or The Times newspapers?... ....will you see hot news readers interviewing skinny dweebs about it on TV?... ....will there be literally THOUSANDS of people queuing up for days on end, to be the first in his/her small town to own one?..... ...will there be people posting endless pictures of it' s packaging on message-boards around the world???

...Gears should be a great game, but only an idiot would think that it' s gonna be anything more than taking a pi$$ in the ocean compared to the juganaught of hype, articles, comments, forum posts ect which will batter your senses about PS3 during the 17th of November....

very ture and well said my man gow nice but its not my type of game i like to shott in the face point blank i dont want to hide around a wall and lay down cover fire
I wanna blow em up. yeah it looks good but to me and you can qoute me on this that it will indeed fall under the ps3. there want be no stoping sony.

We dont know whats gonna be released with the ps3 if any of you guys do then please do show some proof .

Please show some proof of that besides an dam article i live in the show me state my man and i want some type of proof I think sony right on time. Well see how the ps3 will do in november and for the record halo 2 is still the best game in its kind to me it looks good plays way better than it looks. but not better than killzone lol but yeah will see
Rampage99

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 02:14
Dude, you' re annoying.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 02:52

...Erm...

...AND Sony themselves have warned about Europe getting only " seed quantities" for launch.

2 major console releases.

Actually Halo 2 slaughtered the slimline PS2 and still holds the title for the highest grossing release in entertainment history. So yeah, these kind of titles (killer apps) CAN have a direct effect.

will you see hot newsreaders interviewing skinny dweebs about it on TV?

Like was seen with Halo 2 launch?! Probably.

...will there be people posting endless pictures of it' s packaging on message-boards around the world??

Erm, yeah. Teamxbox.com will be full of that kind of stuff.

Dude, you' re annoying.

Very. A very annoying rabid Sony fanboy at that.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 02:55

Actually Halo 2 slaughtered the slimline PS2 and still holds the title for the highest grossing release in entertainment history. So yeah, these kind of titles (killer apps) CAN have a direct effect.

I hope you' re not seriously comparing the slimline PS2 with the PS3.
Nitro

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 03:01

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Not quite, but if people can' t get hold of PS3' s it' ll have a similar effect.

See...

- SCEE mentioned the company will supply 150,000 units of PlayStation 3 at launch in UK on November 17, 2006.

LINK

...and so it follows that the rest of Europe would suffer the same fate with the majority of the 2 million units going to Japan and the US.

Only " seed quantities" in Europe will mean that Gears will be VERY important to Microsoft shifting 360' s.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 03:02

comparing is fair, but i dont think that Majik is saying the PS3 wont sell out because of GoW he is saying that would be PS3 buyers who cant get their hands on one, might just buy 360 with GoW instead!
mikayd2

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 03:03

Dude, you' re annoying.

why' s that because I voiceing my opinion or is it becasue i asked for some proof please show some any ways i Really dont care about what you think of me

but on another note Saying crap like

Without showing some proof thats annoying lol

But really man Gow looks good I might just have to check it out but not in November the ps3 and my new born son well be here in November and ill be graduating from college so yeah I' ll be kind of busy lol

Very. A very annoying rabid Sony fanboy at that.

I' ll Take that not that i like you ( I dont ) but i do respect you and your opinion
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 4 Aug 06 19:07:35 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 03:05
You' re having a son?
mikayd2

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 03:09
Yeah a littile Qb

the wife is gonnig crazy about our littile boy

Touchdown Kansas City

Cant Wait I will end this year out with a bang
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 03:12
And your game time will officially go down, kids take quite some time!

Anyway Sony cant produce enough consoles to meet demand, there are loads of reports saying that! That the yield on cell chips is so low its painful!
Nitro

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 03:20

I' ll Take that not that i like you ( I dont ) but i do respect you and your opinion

I know and i also know that you know that i' m joking. Still, Rampage is right in everything he says, he works for Kikizo y' know.

I fully understand how big console launches are, but having only small quantities available in a territory like Europe won' t be good for business. The US and Japan will obvioulsy see the bulk of PS3' s on day one and Japan is especially important as Sony need to reclaim it' s dominance over Nintendo.

See, DS has been insanely popular there are people are expecting really good things for Wii. I fPS3 is like the PSP (more expensive buy more powerful with more features) then Wii is like DS (unique, innovative and cheap) and in Japan DS has crushed PSP, so Japan will be a very important market for Sony.

Sony won' t be able to make enough units to go around for a proper worldwide launch and so Europe gets stung with small batches in each country, propably totalling 500, 000 or less alltogether.

When people can' t get a PS3 and are faced with shortages that could last months, and when there are no big games at launch, and when 360 is getting it' s 2nd generation of titles that look FAR better than Sony' s 1st generation, and when those games include killer apps like Gears of War and Forza 2 then people will buy the readily available 360.
mikayd2

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 03:27

That the yield on cell chips is so low its painful!

Please Explain this to me yield meaning power

You know how we go at it its all love

And your game time will officially go down, kids take quite some time!

I know i hear that alot Normaly i would buy the console myself but since this is my first baby i have to team up with my littile bro to buy it becasue i bought the 360 and the wife told me not to but hell i pay the bills in this house so she dident talk to me for a couple of days lol oh well

whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 04:04
I' m sure this worries sony a little bit.
After all, nothing has gone right for sony, and i think once it' s console launches (with little games) people won' t want to sit one a $500 console with shit for games.

The xbox 360 will win this round.
Nitro

RE: Gears of War Vs PS3 - Aug 05, 2006 04:13

ORIGINAL: whiteguysamurai

I' m sure this worries sony a little bit.
After all, nothing has gone right for sony, and i think once it' s console launches (with little games) people won' t want to sit one a $500 console with shit for games.

The xbox 360 will win this round.

And you agree that Gears will be crucial to that " win" ?!

Please Explain this to me yield meaning power

No, yield is the term used to explain what percentage of CELL processors manufactured can actually be used. Sony has struggled to get to the standard 80+% yield and was stuck at around 40 or so for months and months.

Basically they were only able to use 40% of all processors. Sony has been bleeding money for a while now and has had to take out a massive loan to cover their problems.

As it is IBM have said that they' ve reached an acceptable yield now but didn' t quote any figures. Whether that' s true or not remains to be seen because they' ll have known about AMD' s aquisition of ATi for a while and will have wanted to minimize any and all damage.

But if the yield is not acceptable that' s a good thing. Whether or not Sony can still manufacture 2M units for launch is another.
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 3 of 8, messages 41 to 60 of 142

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message