Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 All Things Clancy
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 5 of 9, messages 81 to 100 of 164
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 01, 2006 02:33

ORIGINAL: Mass X

However if its indeed the last one,i mean...well just look at assassin creed,its basiccaly sam fisher but in medival time.

Supposadly midevil times....

Yeah, i got that too. Kinda like the Matrix.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 1 Aug 06 23:17:38 >
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 02, 2006 07:05
Has anybody here read any of the Tom Clancy books?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 1 Aug 06 23:17:25 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 02, 2006 07:25
I haven' t read the books.
Is it just me or is all the Tom Clancy stuff U.S. propaganda?
It' s always about the superior U.S. forces saving the world from crazy evil terrorists and stuff.
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 02, 2006 07:39

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

It' s always about the superior U.S. forces saving the world from crazy evil terrorists and stuff.

More than half of Rainbow is made up of non-US troops. There are more British SAS members than there are US soldiers in the fictional unit.

Most of his stuff IS about " superior U.S. forces" though. It makes good reading even if it is cliched.

I' m actually really looking forward to the Splinter Cell movie. Peter Berg is directing and while he hasn' t done anything similar before he' s been allowed to direct Michaels Mann' s ' The Kingdom' and he' s also doing ' The Losers' which is about a CIA black ops unit so with any luck Splinter Cell will turn out well.

I would much prefer Michael Mann or Ridley Scott to direct though.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 02, 2006 15:38
Iv always wanted to read the Rainbow Six book, but i havent gotten around to it yet! As one of the first really realistic games Rainbow was great, and the setting and plot in the game made so much sense that you could actually fear it happening.

For those who havent played it, terrorists had gotten a hold of á bio weapon, which the planned to release into the ventilation system the final day of the Sydney Olympics in 2000, so every contestant and person in the crowd would be carrying the deadly and contegious (not spelled right) virus with them, into air ports, planes, and back home, having it spread like a wildfire through the world.

Their goal was to give the planet back to nature, as they thought people were too irresponsible to live there.

Great game, and it had really cool blood! When you shoot someone, the place you hit, would have a red color spread over it, it looked great!
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 04, 2006 08:01
RAMPAGE, ...did you get to play the Tom Clancy games at E3?!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 04, 2006 08:26
Lol... like that' s even a question

I got plenty of hands on time with the new Splinter Cell on the show floor, at MS' s first party, and MS' s second party in Hollywood. Did I tell you guys about the parties? Anyway... the new Splinter Cell is definately cool but sadly it was really rough. The graphics while really good still had several low rez textures and some stuff just didn' t look right. The game was also pretty buggy and had a bunch of holes in the levels. It of course was an early build so I just looked past it and enjoyed the game for what it was.

The new Rainbow Six was only shown in video form from what I saw. Ghost Recon was already out at that point so there was no point in wasting time at E3 on a game I already had.
Jessica Spencer

• Total Posts : 62
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 07, 2006 23:27
I would like to play some Clancy games but I have never seen them in GameStop.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 07, 2006 23:55
Can' t you order them online? They' re everywhere :)
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 08, 2006 09:43
Teamxbox
Release date and demo revealed for Splinter Cell Double Agent!
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 22, 2006 20:33
Hey! Only a multi-player demo for 360?! Why are they releasing both single AND multiplayer demos' s for PC?!

Saying that, it' s what they did originally with GRAW. The single player demo didn' t show up until after the games release.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 24, 2006 09:57

I' m actually really looking forward to the Splinter Cell movie.

Yeah, does anybody know anything about the flick, other than who' s directing, I haven' t been keeping up with my movie news.

See, you' ve gotta be careful with the Tom Clancy books, because not all of them are written completely by him. (some with almost none of him involved) they use co-writers and that.

Did I tell you guys about the parties?

No, were they any good?
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 07:06
RB6:V

< Message edited by NITRO -- 13 Mar 07 16:26:26 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 07:14
Fucking ubi soft they want my money again...

RS6 Vegas looks amazing.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 07:37

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Fucking ubi soft they want my money again...

RS6 Vegas looks amazing.

Yes, Sir, It does. I went back to try playing RS3 recently, and for the life of me, i couldn' t i was SO crap, been too long as a casual gamer.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 07:43
Seen some new stuff on SC:DA... All I can say is Splinter Cell has pwned me
again.. EVer since the first I have followed it!!!

" My name is Sam Fisher and I am a Double Agent.."
< Message edited by Tiz -- 24 Aug 06 23:46:28 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 08:45
I love the SWAT games too. Except i' m so worried (in the single player mode)about police casualties i go in myself and clear the area of all suspects with out any help from my other SWAT officers. Also, when regarding suspects, I keep getting the button for ' Police put your hands in the air' , confused with the trigger button. Oh well at least i get the job done.i especially love the Co op feature, its cool being able to clear rooms and discussing tactics on the best way to do this. Awesome! BTW were are the Sig Sauers? I though SWAT used those fine pistols.
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 08:57
This is Rainbow Six: Vegas, not SWAT 5.

SWAT 4 kicked ass but Rainbow Six 3 was better and SWAT 5 would have to be very special indeed to compete with this.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 09:04
why is everyone so pumped about this game? Yeah, its graphics are great but nothing else that I can see, I never much played Rainbow Six games, But I am willing to give them a chance..
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 09:12
I was simply agreeing with ginjirou in regards to SWAT. I must admit i haven' t played a RainbowSix game since N64, but if the new ones are as good as you say i might aswell download, errr i mean buy myself a copy for PC (is it on PC?).

Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 5 of 9, messages 81 to 100 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message