Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 All Things Clancy
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 6 of 9, messages 101 to 120 of 164
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 10:21
Theyve lost their quality in recent interations, however this one looks to be going back to its roots and looks to be a visual orgasm at the same time.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: All Things Clancy - Aug 25, 2006 16:49

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Theyve lost their quality in recent interations, however this one looks to be going back to its roots and looks to be a visual orgasm at the same time.

Yeah. The Rainbow games went completely downhill after the awesome Rainbow Six 3.

why is everyone so pumped about this game?

Did you see the HD E3 demo walkthrough?!

The game looks fantastic and the changes made (like it moving into 3rd person when you take cover and being able to rappel into areas) looks amazing. I mean i loved 3 and played it constantly and this looks like a return to form so i' m definately looking forward to it!
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 07, 2006 16:53
New Double Agent single-player gameplay video' s...

LINKY
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 13, 2006 22:39
New Rainbow Six: Vegas gamplay video showing an entirely new level.

LINKY

Poor video encoding though, even on the 720p version. Blim seems to have lost his touch lately, i could have done it better!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 14, 2006 02:37
When the hell is Splinter Cell out again?

I want to really try my hand at the " Double Agent" Soap mini-game.
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 14, 2006 02:38
In 5 weeks. Then, 4 weeks later both Rainbow Six and Gears of War are out.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 14, 2006 02:43
I' m gonna faint of game famine....
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 14, 2006 13:30
Woohoo I scored my new job just in time for the fall season!
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 14, 2006 18:56
360 version...

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 15, 2006 16:18
hands on with R6

Also, they are removing the gimping! Which is one of the things that i found just perfect in the first 3 games (i avoided games beyond the 3rd) I liked that i had to fear bullets, because if i got hit i would either be dead or gimped the rest of the game! Also seems like they are going to let you take more shots than in the other games which also sucks ass.

And they are cutting down the crew to 4 specific troopers, i liked having a rooster of people to add to my team, to customize with the weapons and equipment i liked and felt like i needed for the missions, now they are fixed and their weaponry is fixed.

Now it might be a good game, i hope it will be! But they killed off Rainbow Six. They should just have named it something else!

Somehow i think Raven Shield will always be the best of them!

Signing off

Raven Shield Champ
VX
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 15, 2006 16:48
Rainbox Six needed to evolve just as Ghost Recon did. The new Health System will be like that in CoD2, which since the game is going to be harder than GRAW on hard, is probably a good thing.

I know what you mean about the changes, and i' ll miss that stuff too, but the franchise would never reach as wide an audience if the game didn' t change and was made more accessible. I mean, think about how improved the AI is, ...if the game still played like 3, the difficulty would put a lot of people off.

I like the changes and i think this will be even better than GRAW online, and that' s saying something. Quez and i are going to kill EVERYBODY!!1!!

Mass, what do you think of the newest footage?!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 15, 2006 19:06
This game is going to kick ass. I' m realy excited to map my face on a character using the Vision cam.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 15, 2006 19:12
Why is there always a white guy,a black guy and a asian?

Can' t i choose more on my team?

ANd yes the game will still kick ass.

Vx Chemical

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 15, 2006 22:51
Should still have named it something else, its not really Rainbow Six. Just slap stick and MP5 on a CoD soldier and place him in Sin City! Not quite, but the essence of what made R6 great is gone. Now this might be good too! But i dont think it will play remotely like R6
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 15, 2006 23:34

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Should still have named it something else, its not really Rainbow Six. Just slap stick and MP5 on a CoD soldier and place him in Sin City! Not quite, but the essence of what made R6 great is gone. Now this might be good too! But i dont think it will play remotely like R6

It won' t. It' ll play like a more tactical-first person-GRAW than anything. That however is a good thing. I mean, look at how changing the gameplay mechanics of Resident Evil did wonders for the series. RE4 is utterly amazing and even though i still love the older games (the RE remake especially), i wouldn' t want to go back to playing them like that now. Hopefully Vegas will do the same for the RB6 franchise.
Vx Chemical

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 16, 2006 01:09
The Single playing planning process was an ass after the first game where it was new and fun! I just hate the regeneration fetich all developers have gotten all of a sudden! Makes things to arcady! games get easier and easier with every gen!

Stuff that made R6 great is being left out! like being able to assemble your own squad! and giving the equipment, things that easily could have been in the game as it is! Instead we have to settle with 3 predetirmened guys! I dont think the same feel of super professional soldiers will be intact, they will probably come with silly remarks, and it will just feel plain wrong in the R6 universe, i hope im wrong though.

I think it will be a great game! just not a real R6 game!

having been a fan since the first R6, the game changed alot when Ubisoft decided to make it consoles first!
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 15 Sep 06 17:22:06 >
Vx Chemical

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 20, 2006 16:24
Im not the only one worrying about the health system in Rainbow Six, now this my issues with it lie mostly in the MP part of the game as does IGN' s

Everything about Rainbow Six: Vegas' multiplayer looks undoubtedly good aside from one questionable aspect: the health system. Like the single-player game, rather than using a health meter, your vision will reflect how much damage you' ve taken, but taking cover for a bit will bring you back to 100%. Our worry is that this could allow for an average player to much more easily take out another team on his own as they' ll be able to recover after an encounter. Previously, if a Survival round came down to four-on-one, it was basically a lost cause. If the lone team member somehow mounted a comeback, it was an amazing thing. This time around, it' ll be much more common, making each death on your team carry a little less weight. Our hope is that while it' s not in there presently, the team will include a server option to go back to the " classic" health system. We' re told that the server options allow for immense customizability, so adding one more option certainly sounds doable.

Aside from our slight worry about the health system, Rainbow Six: Vegas' multiplayer portion looks fantastic. It' s even more dynamic and natural than it' s ever been, and the fact that it carries next-gen visuals is only icing on the cake. The game is set to ship this November for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Snagged from IGN' s hands on
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 20, 2006 16:37
It works just fine in CoD2 though.
Vx Chemical

RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 20, 2006 16:47
CoD 2 definetly not Rainbow Six, its meant to mean something whether you take a bullet or not in R6, in CoD you take a bullet, run around a cornor and charge again, if you die you just respawn. The essence in the older R6 games is, dont get shot, if you get hit, you either die, or is impaired for the reminder of the róund, making you respect the bullets.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: All Things Clancy - Sep 20, 2006 21:27
I have to agree with Vx on this. I liked the old system of health. My guess is they changed it to make the game more action oriented. A heavily action oriented game where you die in a single shot would be far too hard for mainstream gamers. Ubisoft is once again just trying to broaden the the scope of people who make there games.

Vx, I see where you are coming from but thats the evolution of the game. Right now I could say the same thing about Splinter Cell as you are for R6. Splinter Cell no longer even depends on shadows which was the core of the first game. In fact you don' t even hide from your enemies half the time anymore, you are confronting them face to face. Not to mention you can also run and gun the whole thing. You just have to realize it' s all just revamping the game to make it new and improved every time, and of course a bigger money maker. the heart of Rainbow Six is still there, it' s just gone through some serious changes.
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 6 of 9, messages 101 to 120 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message