Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 All Things Clancy
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 2 of 9, messages 21 to 40 of 164
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 23:23
I found the HitMan series to be quite excessively violent, and it' s not fun at all.

A bit over the top to be honest... My older brother who is 22 loves:

HitMan
Pro Evo
GTA

He' s a mainstream gamer, so I don' t really expect him to like games like:

SC: Double Agent
MGS

I think my brother is broken...

I' ll take him back to the shop.

dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 23:36
Mine' s broken too except if I took him back it would be for a refund. He doesn' t even play games anymore.
Tiz

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 23:45
Splinter Cell is my lovely espionage fix of games, and Metal Gear is a nice
art direction experience that I don' t understand but love to bits.

Imagine what MGS would be like if you could play it for longer than half an hour?

Wow!

*Thinks about it some more*

Hey hold on a MINUTE...

WOWWEE!!!

*Sketches ideas..*
dasher232

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 23:48
Oh yea a bit of topic but tiz did you notice how after my email microsoft has a poll on their site about people' s favourite genre?..sussssssspiscioussssss.
Tiz

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 00:00

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Oh yea a bit of topic but tiz did you notice how after my email microsoft has a poll on their site about people' s favourite genre?..sussssssspiscioussssss.

Do they have Shenmue III as a favourite genre?

Just a question... would be cool.
dasher232

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 00:06
Lol nah they just have action/adventure, role play/strategy, sports/racing and simulation. Thats a question doesn' t shenmue kinda fall under rpg and action adventure.
Tiz

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 00:14

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Lol nah they just have action/adventure, role play/strategy, sports/racing and simulation. Thats a question doesn' t shenmue kinda fall under rpg and action adventure.

It falls under Shenmue

I wish some other games would fall under the Shenmue genre.. Games would
be amazing..

Imagine they released Shenmue 3 on the dreamcast...

Back on topic: I need my splinter cell... its been ages since I played Next-gen
Chaos Theory.

Who started using the knife first; Snake or Sam?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 00:25
Bomber, ...what is it about Hitman that you like so much?!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 00:57
I always liked the idea of bein an assassin but,hitman47 never done it for me,sadly
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 00:57
I' ve played all SC games , but I didn' t quite enjoy them all as much as I did SC1 - it was new and cool , Pandoras tomorrow was pretty disappointing to me, but I had fun.SC3 for Xbox had amazing graphics - it was fuckin next gen back then :)

The thing is, I got bored of the series.This new SC game seems to bring some serious changes in both story and gameplay, while keeping the graphics as always " shockingly amazing" .I' ll definitely try, but I' m hoping for some serious improvements this time.

GRAW seems like it' s very cool so I' m going to finish it one day (I only played it for 30 minutes ) - as for Vegas , it' s got cool visuals , but I' ll wait for some reviews.

The thing is - those games are all equally impressive in visuals , but varied in gameplay quality.

I wish some other games would fall under the Shenmue genre.. Games would
be amazing..

Indigo Prohpecy
QuezcatoL

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 00:59
Yes.and dreamfall,a game that surround more the story then the gameplay.

Its like a interactive movie these kind of games.
I love them,hwoever game critics dosnt get we play them for the story/character,they think its only for the gameplay.
a 10/10 story with plots can be a 9/10 game,even if the gameplay is 7/10
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 01:32

I' ve played all SC games , but I didn' t quite enjoy them all as much as I did SC1 - it was new and cool , Pandoras tomorrow was pretty disappointing to me, but I had fun.SC3 for Xbox had amazing graphics - it was fuckin next gen back then :)

The thing is, I got bored of the series.This new SC game seems to bring some serious changes in both story and gameplay, while keeping the graphics as always " shockingly amazing" .I' ll definitely try, but I' m hoping for some serious improvements this time.

Improvements?!

The original and Pandora tomorrow featured the 3 alarms and you out mechanism which was cool for the first game but felt a little tedious in the 2nd. It was thrown out for Chaos Theory and replaced with enemies being on higher levels of alert (going and putting on kevlar vests for example) each time you were spotted or triggered an alarm. It served to make the game harder when you made a mistake and for the most part it worked perfectly.

Pandora Tomorrow introduced; the ability to jump further from a split jump, the SWAT doorway pivot, secondary functions for weapons, new vision modes, motion sensorsa nd most importantly multiplayer.

Chaos Theory continued in much the same vein introducing; the knife (which on top of being a usable close quaters weapon can be used to cut through fabric barriers, ...like tents), a customizable modular rifle (complete with shoygun attatchment), electronic jammers, the ability to attack whilst hanging on/upside down, shoulder switching whilst leaning up against cover, the ability to bash through doors very quickly and far better AI.

I expect Double Agent will definately see a ton of new additions and it' s nice to see that we' ll get to play during daytime too!

The Splinter Cell games have never disappointed or bored me at all, but it should be noted that some things in the PS2 and Gamecube versions are quite different from the Xbox game and therefore affect the gameplay. The series has been " best" on PC and Xbox.

What improvements would you like to see?!
Tiz

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 02:05
Why did they take the SWAT turn out of Chaos Theory?? Don' t Ubi realise
how helpful that was, I could clear a room in a matter of seconds!

I hope it' s back for SC: Double Agent.
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 02:12
Tiz, will you be buying GRAW Chapter 2?!
QuezcatoL

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 02:17
I will see...
Tiz

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 03:29

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Tiz, will you be buying GRAW Chapter 2?!

I' ll see what my bank is saying at the end of the month..
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 03:34
IIIII have Chapter 2, however our times are so mirrored it' s hard to get a working date. That and I' ve been so fatigued as I been letting my caffiene addiction reside. Been nearly 2 weeks now...two weeks of headaches and laziness...but at least I' m sleeping again.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 24 Jul 06 19:34:31 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 05:18

What improvements would you like to see?!

I' d like gameplay to be more fluid for one - it seems like jumping and some thing seem a bit stiff - it' s not a big deal , but can be easily improved.

I think that enemies have crappy animations - they die like dolls and they can take way too many shots.Another stupid thing is : when you shoot some enemy from the dark he knows exactly where you are and when other join him (and even if you moved in total darkness) they see you perfectly.

I also don' t like this entire concept of killing all enemies and walking easily and triggering alarms with no results and so on - for this the MGS (never ending enemies) works much better - it keeps you stealthy all the time.

Also there are a lot of stupid situations when, for instance in CT there was a location with a room made of glass walls in it, so the guards saw you and kept shooting that stupid wall of glass - and they couldn' t leave that room through the door. - SC games are full of stuff like that.

These are some improvements I like to see :)

Quez - Dreamfall got pretty good reviews in some places while indigo was very well received
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 07:30

I also don' t like this entire concept of killing all enemies and walking easily and triggering alarms with no results and so on - for this the MGS (never ending enemies) works much better - it keeps you stealthy all the time.

For an arcady style game endless enemies work fine. For a game based on observing patterns & listening in on conversations would be a bit harder. And unless the place of infiltration was that of a enemy base, where would these guys come from? The game is heavily based on realism.

As for endless shooting bonanzas, unless you' re a bad shot most go down in 2 to 3 shots and 1 shot if hit in vital areas. Dont forget these guys where protective gear (somthing ramped up for every alarm triggered, didnt you catch the joke in CT?). It would be nice, however, if enemies could be injured but remain alive. Thing is I want that from all games almost. Cap them in the knee and have them limp away or immobilize them. This would help at the damn eye scan things when if you mess up and have to incapcitate the enemy instead of sneak up and put the choke hold on.

One last thing Ive noticed is when you shoot a guy form the dakrness they dont always know where you are but tend to blind fire in the general direction. I suppose youd prefer they just go " Huh where???" and investigate...a bullet shot...

Improvments that are needed..more manuevers, I loved that swat turn.
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 07:46
There are two double Agent multiplayer video' s available HERE but unfortunately they' re from YOUTUBE.

The Spy video shows a shitload of new moves and it looks smooth as hell playing it. I suggest Gangsta checks it out because there is nothing stiff about the movements here.

The Merc video shows off new stuff too like the flying explodable drone! Yay!

It' s not made clear which platform the footage is from but it' s either the Xbox or Xbox 360 as the ' A' and ' B' butons appear onscreen.

This is gonna kick ass!
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 2 of 9, messages 21 to 40 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread