Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 All Things Clancy
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 3 of 9, messages 41 to 60 of 164
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 08:09
IM sad tho....cause at what I thought was just a mistake in info has pretty much been cemented that Spy vs Spy will not go to the next gen consoles... :( or I mean console since for some damn reason Sony wanted to pass on this installment...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 09:23
Huh? Says who?

The latest OXM has a " hands on" with the multiplayer and they say they played Sply vs Spy on 360...

So, 360 gets Spy vs Merc but last gen doesn' t and instead they get Spy vs Spy?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 25 Jul 06 1:28:25 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 10:55
In my recnet OXM in a boxout in the bottom left corner says it all:

" What of the original Xbox?

While Xbox360 gets three-on-three Versus mode and a co-op Versus mode for offline players to try against bots, Xbox will get somthing very different. Besides the return of the beloved Chaos Theory-style, story driven cooperative mode, original Xbox will get an all new Spies VS Spies mode. We' ll have more details next month;"
< Message edited by Mass X -- 25 Jul 06 2:56:34 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 25, 2006 19:11

For an arcady style game endless enemies work fine. For a game based on observing patterns & listening in on conversations would be a bit harder. And unless the place of infiltration was that of a enemy base, where would these guys come from? The game is heavily based on realism.

it' s not arcady - it' s cool.I' m not saying that enemies should respawn - I' m thinking about some special Squad entering every time you trigger the alarm.

I did catch that joke

They shoot directly at you - and they always hit you with 100% accuracy after they' ve spotted you once.

Protective gear? come on - you make all those stories to justify stuff - there are enemies that wear civil clothes annd shooting them in the neck won' t kill them.You need to have a perfect head shot or waste many bullets.If they have protective gear - I Wanna see it.
Nitro

All Things Clancy - Jul 25, 2006 19:51
I' m failing to think of ANY of the previous generations of game where you would get that and it' d be perfect...

Perhaps you should get a 360 and buy GRAW as that DOES have all the correct hit-boxes (i trust you know what hit-boxes are) that respond correctly to your bullets.

I' d be VERY suprised if SC:DA wasn' t spot on too because Vegas definately will be and Advanced Warfighter already is.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 26, 2006 02:16

it' s not arcady - it' s cool.I' m not saying that enemies should respawn - I' m thinking about some special Squad entering every time you trigger the alarm.

I think in SC: Double Agent, there is a secret squad, they all have swords and
wear funny masks, and there is one really powerful guy dragging the rest
of the squad down, but he has the most potential to catch Sam.
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 26, 2006 02:42

Like the dumb riot-shield carrying soldiers from MGS2?!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 26, 2006 03:10
NO PLEASE,NOT THE DUMB RIOT SHIELD CARRYING SOLDIERS AS IN MGS2.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 26, 2006 19:30
I haven' t played any of the other Splinter Cell games, but Double Agent is definetely one that I have my eye on. I love games that give players the freedom of choice(such as Hitman Blood Money), and, after watching some gameplay footage, I can' t possibly imagine myself getting bored of this game too quickly(if ever). Do you think I should start from those old titles, or just go ahead and buy this one?

NOTE: I am not that great when it comes to stealth games, so it would probably take me aaaages to beat the first 3 Splinter Cell games.
Tiz

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 26, 2006 20:06
Buy the first three, you should be able to get them WAAY cheap..

Pandora Tomorrow has a hard last level, because not knowing where the enemy
is really threw me off..

The original Splinter Cell is fun because it has a really satisfying assassination
in it, and is filled with " outnumbered" situations.

Chaos Theory is the next-gen Splinter...

They all give you hard and normal options, I suggest that if you play the first one,
play it on normal, just to get a feel for the series, then the rest should
come naturally.
Nitro

RE: All Things Clancy - Jul 26, 2006 21:12

Do you think I should start from those old titles, or just go ahead and buy this one?

I' d probably play Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory, but ONLY the Xbox versions. The Gamecube and PS2 versions weren' t half the games they should have been!

Then buy Double Agent.

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 26 Jul 06 14:24:55 >
Marink

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 26, 2006 22:58
Damn Xbox and all of it' s superior third-party titles! The Xbox is my brother' s!!

I guess I could always try to persuade him to rent them or something...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 27, 2006 01:37

Do you think I should start from those old titles, or just go ahead and buy this one?

I' d say buy Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory and rent Pandora Tomorrow. I wasn' t very happy with the level layout of Pandora Tomorrow, just a little too straightforward for my tastes. Not to mention, they removed all the enemy accents, (it' s unnerving when all south americans speak perfect English)

They took out some of his better moves, and replaced them with crap like that tactical door-spinny thing (which doesn' t work at all). Some of the plot does rest on things in Pandora Tomorrow though, so like i said, you shold at least rent it.
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 27, 2006 02:30

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated
They took out some of his better moves, and replaced them with crap like that tactical door-spinny thing (which doesn' t work at all).

Speaking of Fishers moves, there are some cool new ways to kill your enemies in Double Agent. Kinda like this...

Tiz

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 27, 2006 03:52

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Please no underwater smooches a' la FFX Lambert keep away!

Oh God! WHy did I do that??

[:' (]

*Plays some Chaos Theory to remind himself how hard Fisher is*

Oh God! It' s gotten worse like an ink stain!

..... Help!

Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 27, 2006 06:08
Fisher is the man. I can' t wait to drop from the ceiling onto people' s backs. hehe
QuezcatoL

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 27, 2006 06:12
See my avatar?

Sakaguchi said he doesnt speak,but express himself in dance,in Blue dragon,now that' s priceless

He gonna kick your asses when he dance
Marink

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 27, 2006 20:30

Speaking of Fishers moves, there are some cool new ways to kill your enemies in Double Agent.

Yeah, that' s another thing that has gotten me interested in the game. Obviously, that move looks a hell of a lot cooler in motion. I also love how the civil war part is set out.

Anywhooo, now I' m confused...

One person says get all three, another says get all but the first, then I am told to just ignore the second.
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 27, 2006 20:54
Do you have a 360 yet?!
QuezcatoL

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 27, 2006 21:03
Majik i went down and bought BMFE2.
Meet a lot of english people in the store,wtf?

And they was looking for xbox360 games,and i recommend Oblivion and its greatness explained my withness,they laughed like crazy.

Then i realised is that good or not
:P
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 3 of 9, messages 41 to 60 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message