Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit?
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 104
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 07:01
With this latest article by Alex Woslkchobodoburger I' ve noticed some very interesting immature fanboy comments. I like this community, and I want to stay, so I' m going to use this thread as an acid test to see whether or not Kikizo likes getting called out on its stupidisms.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200704/008.asp

ED 1:

Europeans forced to overpay for a while longer.

Now, is this angry fanboy getting pants into a twist because he thinks that $200 is too much for a portable system? Or is he of the opinion that the euro market is overpaying because the American market has it cheaper. While I' d like to give him the benefit of the doubt, the nature of markets is completely different than one another. 1 American dollar is different in every single country, let alone state. Somebody needs to go back to school.

With the price drop, Americans are now paying substantially less for the PSP than their British counterparts.

Ignorance of economics, fanboy tirade, or " can' t afford" psp anger? You decide.

March saw the end of a troubled second year for the PSP in the US, which is falling further behind the DS by the month. In February the PSP sold 176,000 units compared to 485,000 units for the DS.

This brings so much ignorance to the forefront it' s impossible to find a place to start.

March saw the end of a troubled second year for the PSP. Wokukakaburger has listed definitive proof of PSP' s failings where? Oh, it' s behind the DS. It wouldn' t be possible for the PSP to be okay despite what the DS sells. There is also proof that the PSP lost Sony money in that quote. Troubled times for the PSP indeed, as people like Wollenschraber continue to distort reality to sort their intrinsic fanboy needs. Nobody has convinced me that PSP being outsold by the DS is proof positive of troubled times, or that 177,000 units sold is bad. Ace reporting, Wushupan.

By catering to hardcore gamers with titles such as New Super Mario Bros and expanding into the mainstream with Dr Kawashima' s Brain Training and others, Nintendo is consistently trouncing the PSP at the tills.

Aww yes, the MOST definitive proof of Wexle' s bias lays in this quote. First, he attributes Nintendo to two games that appeal to certain audiences as the reason for its " trouncing" of the PSP at the " tills" . He uses terms like, " hardcore gamers" and " expanding into the mainstream," as 100% positive and accurate descriptions of titles, and he cites them as the reason for the PSP' s downfall. Forget about the fact that the PSP' s downfall wasn' t articulated with any facts other than a comparison between two different systems. Let' s focus on the fact that Wings completely cucklesucks Nintendo titles, he assumes that his opinion of them are the reason why the DS is doing well. This isn' t an opinion piece, this is reporting, and he inserted his stupidity into entry level reporting.

He does NOT know that the PSP is doing poorly.
He does NOT have any logical argument as to the DS' s successes.
He does NOT have the ability to determine opinions on games as the reason as to why they might sell. It' s not heinous because he said it, but because he reported it as fact. It was opinions being spun as something other. Disgusting.

Sony is trying to rejuvenate the PSP by associating it more with its new PlayStation 3 console. Recently Sony started to let PS3 owners download PSone games for use on their PSPs - something the underground homebrew community has been doing for months.

Here Sony is desperately trying to save the PSP from an existence of laying in the glorified DS' s wake. In order to do that, they are implementing something that simple plebeians had at the start of the game. Sony' s incompetence shones through, here, and I' m sure Wooper' s accurate reporting captured Sony' s entire essence for the PSP' s future. He didn' t just pull the PSOne downloading thing out of his asshole as the ONLY plan for the PSP' s future, Sony told him that the only thing they had to offer was PSOne downloading, and that was how they were going to draw in new consumers who are utterly abandoning the system because 177,000 sold in one month is nothing. Wundun' s accurate reporting here is ace.

In summation, Wollengancerbioux has identified:
The PSP is in trouble not because of any accurate financial reports, but because of its competition with the DS.

The PSP has one hope for the future in PSOne downloading, and that was done beforehand with the same precision as Sony by plebeians.

The DS is successful because it has hardcore games as well as games that appeal to the mainstream. The former is completely subjective and utterly stupid, because super mario bros. is as far from hardcore as a licensed cash-in repetitious piece of shit can be. The latter is also an opinion that has many ways of being translated.

PSP bashing and DS favortism reeks in this article. As is base stupidity of assuming prices should be the same in all territories. Whodunit is a terrible reporter.
< Message edited by DontPeeOnBilly -- 5 Apr 07 23:45:02 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 07:07
You look like a stupidism.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 07:11

Woslkchobodoburger

That' s even more complicated than his real name
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 07:31
Aside from the commonly made mistake of directly converting a Dollar price into Pounds (or vice-versa), which never holds weight due to economical differentiations, ...i don' t see any inaccuracies.

When compared to other (similarly priced) pieces of electronics equipment, PSP is selling well, but compared to DS, as far as market share and profitability are concerned it' s doing poorly.

It' s all relative.

DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 07:45
Ed posted, this was an opinion piece and not journalism.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 07:51
99% of journalism is opinion or editorial spin.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 07:53

99% of journalism is opinion or editorial spin.

That' s why people call out bullshit when they see it.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 08:01
Absolutely, and we should continue to root out shoddy journalism in all its forms, however I don' t believe the article was too far from the truth. The PSP in comparison to the DS is performing poorly. I guess you could say they are not in the same market, but the comparison is inevitable. Also we in Europe continue to get screwed over by all companies in terms of comparable prices and features.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 08:06

Absolutely, and we should continue to root out shoddy journalism in all its forms, however I don' t believe the article was too far from the truth. The PSP in comparison to the DS is performing poorly. I guess you could say they are not in the same market, but the comparison is inevitable. Also we in Europe continue to get screwed over by all companies in terms of comparable prices and features.

You make a slightly better case than WoolaWoola, but it' s still flawed. In any attempt to assess the reasons why a company is failing, an analysis may be made of the competition' s success. But in this case, there is no line drawn between success of one product over another. In reality, it sounded like " who had the bigger dick" from a Nintendo guy. Furthermore, the journalist assumes certain things about games (in the case of Super Mario Bros., completely fucking wrong, a childish game if there ever was one) and also applies success without any tangible results.

It was ill informed fanboyism. If it' s an opinion piece, that' s different. But this is journalism.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 08:08
First off: Getting someones name incorrect delibrately is the absolute height of ignorance.

Secondly: looking over your posts of the past few days, you strike me as someone who is trying rub people up the wrong way.

Thirdly: Having a pop at the more established members of the forum is a fantastic way to becoming very unpopular.

Have your opinions, but try and be respectful of others, you are making yourself look a complete arse.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 08:11

First off: Getting someones name incorrect delibrately is the absolute height of ignorance.

Secondly: looking over your posts of the past few days, you strike me as someone who is trying rub people up the wrong way.

Thirdly: Having a pop at the more established members of the forum is a fantastic way to becoming very unpopular.

Have your opinions, but try and be respectful of others, you are making yourself look a complete arse.

Look, pal, I' m not claiming to be king shit of anybody' s domain. I' m trying to let the world know of bias when I smell it. The article reeked and I called it out. My tone may have been provocative, but hardly as provocative as Mr. Wollanbun' s outrageous claims in a journalistic piece.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 08:36
The fact that you are purposely going out of your way to get the author' s name wrong repeatedly means that you were emotionally affected by the article, and it hurt your feelings. Thus you are trying to demean the author as much as possible in return. Since it obviously hurt your feelings so badly, one must assume that you are a rabid PSP fanboy. And since you are a fanboy, why should it matter to us or anyone else (except other PSP fanboys) what you think of the article?
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 10:05
I agree the article is basically trash.

Especially the part about homebrewers being able to play PSone games on PSP, that is retarded because you need a certain model PSP and certain versions of games that are difficult to come by to even allow the PSP to play homebrew, through homebrew the games do not play very well at all, and barely any are playable, and most importantly it' s ILLEGAL to do so the homebrew way.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 6 Apr 07 2:07:02 >
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 10:26

The fact that you are purposely going out of your way to get the author' s name wrong repeatedly means that you were emotionally affected by the article, and it hurt your feelings. ?

First part, correct, my feelings were hurt by the article.

Thus you are trying to demean the author as much as possible in return. Since it obviously hurt your feelings so badly, one must assume that you are a rabid PSP fanboy. And since you are a fanboy, why should it matter to us or anyone else (except other PSP fanboys) what you think of the article?

Second part, incorrect, I' m hardly a PSP fanboy. The real gumption with the article is the fact that it' s a stupid and snot ridden piece of fanboy garbage. My feelings were hurt by the article because an idiot wrote something and classified it as news instead of mama' s boy blog update.

Furthermore, even if I was taking it up the ass by Sony, my points would have to rest on their own merits and can' t simply be talked down by accusations of fanboyism. If anything, your failure to assess the truth of the article is indicative that you don' t care about the stench that bias reeks. My guess is that you' re some piece of shit classic gamer who spends his time on forums frothing at the mouth for the past but can' t explain himself outside of juvenile accusations. You must like the author, and accept his lazy bias and wish to defend him by shifting blame of his stink to the person who said he shat his pants. The problem is that your existence as a fanboy support group is irrelevant, and if you were to never appear on these forums again absolutely nobody would miss you.

If I' m a psp fanboy, then you' re a waste of space.
< Message edited by DontPeeOnBilly -- 6 Apr 07 2:28:18 >
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 10:27

I agree the article is basically trash.

Especially the part about homebrewers being able to play PSone games on PSP, that is retarded because you need a certain model PSP and certain versions of games that are difficult to come by to even allow the PSP to play homebrew, through homebrew the games do not play very well at all, and barely any are playable, and most importantly it' s ILLEGAL to do so the homebrew way.

Yep, that was arguably the most see through of the author' s failings.
Evil Man

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 11:18
That' s like saying Xbox360 is better than PS3 because the " underground homebrew" scene has been ILLEGALLY playing copied games for free while sony dares charge money for their games.

The fact that he promotes piracy just shows he doesn' t know or give 2 shits about gaming, he shouldn' t be writing for any website.

And I think you' ll find most people here are incapable of analyzing and thinking on their own, so don' t waste your breath, they' ll come up with any reason to defend the author.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 6 Apr 07 3:18:34 >
Agent Ghost

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 11:38
I' m 21 years old and if there is one thing I learned, it would be that if you want to have the most fun in anything, you have to do it the illegal way.

The fact that so many people are using the PSP illegally is a testament to how much fun they are having more then anything else.

And frankly, I don' t see how emulating PS1 games and burning movies will destroy the gaming industry.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 6 Apr 07 3:41:51 >
Evil Man

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 12:23
It isn' t " many" people, and it doesn' t matter what you think, it' s illegal.
Agent Ghost

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 12:51
Who gives a shit if it' s illegal? That' s not a good argument in itself.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 6 Apr 07 4:51:41 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 12:55

First part, correct, my feelings were hurt by the article.

If you weren' t a fanboy, your reaction would be more along the lines of " This article seems biased. I' ll let Kikizo know about it and give them examples" . You wouldn' t be emotionally affected as if someone just attacked you personally. You wouldn' t go out of your way to poke at the author on multiple occasions. Only elementary school aged children resort to such insults. It will accomplish nothing.

If anything, your failure to assess the truth of the article is indicative that you don' t care about the stench that bias reeks... blah blah blah... You must like the author, and accept his lazy bias and wish to defend him by shifting blame of his stink to the person who said he shat his pants.

First of all I rarely ever read news articles on any game site. If the news is worth reading, someone will start a thread about it in one of the forums I visit. I don' t know the author, but I' ve seen his name here and there on a few articles. I have no idea which articles of his I have read in the past, and I didn' t read this one until you pointed it out, and even then I only read your examples. I can understand why you might point these things out, but to do so in such a childish manner doesn' t really make anyone important want to listen to you.

if you were to never appear on these forums again absolutely nobody would miss you.

You would.

If I' m a psp fanboy, then you' re a waste of space.

I have won many awards as " Biggest Waste of Space" on many forums and in real life at my job, by my girlfriends, regular friends, the trash company, you name it. So therefore you MUST be a fanboy.
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 104

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message