Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit?
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 104
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 08:51

Alex has 2 PSP' s, one for installing the latest firmware and playing the newest games, and the other for running emulators on

Does Alex post here?

I am suddenly feeling very stupid if he does...

I already know who it is. I always wondered why Kikizo staff was under his name.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 7 Apr 07 1:08:56 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 09:00

The law.

Don' t try to act tough, if I went to your home with a machine gun threatening to murder all your family you' d be the first to pick a phone up an call the police the first chance you get, you are a pussy, you want " law" to serve you, but yet you aren' t willing to follow it.

It has nothing to do with being tough. So far all I' ve expressed are my best interests. So your hypothetical situation is meaningless. There are some laws I agree with an some that I don' t. " The law" is not all encompassing, it' s not universal. If humanity mearly went along with " the law" without ever questioning authority we' d still have slavery. Not every law is built for our protection or our benefit.

Just to make things clear though. I understand the importance of the legal system. I' ve never pirated games, and the only music that I pirate is mediocre shit that that I would never buy in the first place. I still buy CDs and support the music that I like. If I do decide to pirate Wii games it will be because Nintendo decided to make a shit console and I refuse to pay 250$ for a GameCube. If I buy a Wii I' ll get my money back with free Nintendo games. Whenever anyone rips me off, I always get my money back. If Nintendo made something decent, I would gladly pay what they charge.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 7 Apr 07 1:01:35 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 09:04

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Alex has 2 PSP' s, one for installing the latest firmware and playing the newest games, and the other for running emulators on

Does Alex post here?

I am suddenly feeling very stupid if he does...

Not often enough.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 09:43

Whenever anyone rips me off, I always get my money back. If Nintendo made something decent, I would gladly pay what they charge.

Well Microsoft have screwed you big time Agent. Didn' t your 360 fail? And 3 of your games cracked! Correct me if I' m wrong but isn' t it safe to say that due to the dreadful reliability of the 360 which has forced many people to buy a second or third console, Microsoft have ripped you off along with many other 360 owners?
< Message edited by Duffman -- 7 Apr 07 1:48:46 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 09:50
360 sucks lol,

Does anybody know where I can download ds games?
Duffman

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 09:53

Does anybody know where I can download ds games?

Yeah, since the PS3 is a super computer that can do ANYTHING, just connect the DS to the PS3 and download all the DS games you want.......
Agent Ghost

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 10:03

Well Microsoft have screwed you big time Agent. Didn' t your 360 fail? And 3 of your games cracked! Correct me if I' m wrong but isn' t it safe to say that Microsoft have ripped you off along with many other 360 owners?

I live in Canada. Here by law MS has to replace a defective console without charge. They even pay for shipping both ways. Even when I send my second unit in, it won' t cost me a dime, even the call is free. So MS didn' t rip me off, they' re just a nuisance. As for everyone else outside the Great North, not my problem.

With regards to the cracked discs. I' m still not sure who' s fault it is, or what causes the problem. It could be the 360, the game cases or the discs themselves. I just don' t know. You can be sure though when I do find out who' s fault it is they will pay. I know I won' t get my money back, but they' ll lose as much as I have. At the same time, I don' t really care. By now I would have sold them.
Duffman

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 10:06

I live in Canada. Here by law MS has to replace a defective console without charge. They even pay for shipping both ways.

Even if your warranty has expired?
Agent Ghost

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 10:22

Even if your warranty has expired?

Actually I' m not sure, I think we have a year after purchase for this deal regardless of how long the actual warrenty is. I' ll have to look into it. It doesn' t really matter in my case, next year I' ll buy another 360 with the 65nm fabrication proccess. I' ll give my current 360 to my younger brother. It works fine once it' s on. It just has two minor issues which piss me off, but my brother who only has a GameCube wouldn' t give a shit. He' s 8 years old and he' ll be ecstatic to have a 360.
Duffman

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 10:46

I' ll buy another 360 with the 65nm fabrication proccess

Yeah the new chips should make the 360 more reliable.

It just has two minor issues which piss me off

Which are?

How does this 360 deal sound? A Premium console with Gears, Crackdown and Pro Gothem for only 399 Euro!! What a deal! I will probably pick it up next week.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 11:04
Wow, eddie is wickedly harsh in this thread and im loving every bit of it. Eddie vs Nub whose taking bets?
Agent Ghost

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 11:12
The disc tray gets jammed, it just won' t open unless I press it in a bit. Secondly my 360 never turns on the first time I press power. For some fucked up reason I have to turn it on, turn it off and press power again to actually get it to start. Basically I have to press power three times for it to turn on every time. I don' t understand why.

As for the 360 deal, I don' t even know how much a 360 costs in Euros where you live. If it seems like a good deal to you then go for it.

" Yeah the new chips should make the 360 more reliable."

Actually the chips themselves are not the problem with the 360. It' s just the fact that with the new chip and the newer disc drives the 360 will be much more quiet.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 11:13

Wow, eddie is wickedly harsh in this thread and im loving every bit of it. Eddie vs Nub whose taking bets?

Oh dude come on...Eddie has just beat the shit out of that ignorant fuck. Seriously do you even have to ask? He' s given this guy a worse beating then those 3 girls did to that one guy in Grindhouse!

Dammit Eddie er Mr. Eddie the Hated. Why the hell havent I played you on Live yet?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7 Apr 07 3:15:59 >
Duffman

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 11:24

Basically I have to press power three times for it to turn on every time.

Thats a strange one alright, I heard of the tray getting jamed before but never that problem.

As for the 360 deal, I don' t even know how much a 360 costs in Euros where you live. If it seems like a good deal to you then go for it.

Well here in Ireland a Premium 360 with no games usually costs around 405 euro so this deal is pretty sweet.

Actually the chips themselves are not the problem with the 360. It' s just the fact that with the new chip and the newer disc drives the 360 will be much more quiet.

I thought that since the new chips are smaller they produce less heat making the console more reliable as its overheating that causes alot of the 360 failures?
< Message edited by Duffman -- 7 Apr 07 3:31:14 >
Agent Ghost

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 12:04

I thought that since the new chips are smaller they produce less heat making the console more reliable.

Fuck, I wrote this long explanation outlining the cause for the 360 failures but the window refreshed or something and I lost what I wrote. Anyways the reason so many initial 360' s fucked up is due to a new RoHs protocol that the MS tried to comply with. They couldn' t do any soldering with lead and that screwed up the whole manufacturing proccess.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 12:07

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

The law.

Don' t try to act tough, if I went to your home with a machine gun threatening to murder all your family you' d be the first to pick a phone up an call the police the first chance you get, you are a pussy, you want " law" to serve you, but yet you aren' t willing to follow it.

It has nothing to do with being tough. So far all I' ve expressed are my best interests. So your hypothetical situation is meaningless. There are some laws I agree with an some that I don' t. " The law" is not all encompassing, it' s not universal. If humanity mearly went along with " the law" without ever questioning authority we' d still have slavery. Not every law is built for our protection or our benefit.

Just to make things clear though. I understand the importance of the legal system. I' ve never pirated games, and the only music that I pirate is mediocre shit that that I would never buy in the first place. I still buy CDs and support the music that I like. If I do decide to pirate Wii games it will be because Nintendo decided to make a shit console and I refuse to pay 250$ for a GameCube. If I buy a Wii I' ll get my money back with free Nintendo games. Whenever anyone rips me off, I always get my money back. If Nintendo made something decent, I would gladly pay what they charge.

Right.

Comparing it to the abolishment of slavery is asinine, slavery was abolished because of industrialization and other economical factors that made it more beneficial to not have slaves, than to have them. In the grand scheme of things there is nothing to gain by making home brew stuff legal, it would only further reduce software sales and cause an obvious chain reaction that is bad for economy.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 13:06

If i remember correctly Alex has 2 PSP' s, one for installing the latest firmware and playing the newest games, and the other for running emulators on. I mean, i know he has a DS too but i doubt he' s any kind of fanboy, ...well, unless you can count Gradius adoration...

Wait, there' s another Kikizo staff member with a Gradius obsession like mine?????????

I already know who it is. I always wondered why Kikizo staff was under his name.

He has posted here from time to time, and for the record, I am not Alex..
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 13:14

He has posted here from time to time, and for the record, I am not Alex..

Oh. I knew that...
< Message edited by NITRO -- 7 Apr 07 5:14:50 >
Agent Ghost

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 13:58

Right.

Comparing it to the abolishment of slavery is asinine, slavery was abolished because of industrialization and other economical factors that made it more beneficial to not have slaves, than to have them. In the grand scheme of things there is nothing to gain by making home brew stuff legal, it would only further reduce software sales and cause an obvious chain reaction that is bad for economy.

You' re right it was dissolved for economic reasons. What I should have said is that if everyone obeyed the law we wouldn' t of had the underground raliroad. My point still stands though. Authority isn' t always right. Which isn' t the real argument here. The only reason I even bring it up is to counter your use of the law as your answer to everything, as if the law is god.

Piracy is the real argument between us, and are we talking about videogames or music? If we' re talking aobut videogames I think you would agree that piracy is a spit in the ocean. The best developers stay and the worst dissapear. Piracy is not desroying deserving publishers, they' re still making their millions.

With regards to music. Of course they are taking a hit from shared music. You know what? I don' t care, I hate the music industry. They sell sound on a 20$ cd. They don' t even sell music anymore, they sell body image. Britney Spears, New Kids on the Block, Usher. It' s all trash. No one wants to pay for that shit, it' s too embarrasing. I' m glad the music industry is getting ripped off, fuck ' em. We' ve been bent over for them for decades.

Besides, there is nothing unethical about file sharing and it has no place in the legal system at all. The responsibility of protecting music should belong to the music industry.

The music industry is too incompetent to protect their own property. Thats the bottom line. Look at DRM, an amazing failure. It doesn' t take long for these pathetic safeguards to be smashed. So far the only thing DRM has accomplished is to violate consumer rights and prevent your averager Joe from backing up his own files that he paid for legitimately.

However, even with my complete disdain with the music industry I still support the artists I like. Any CD that I would want to buy if file sharing didn' t exist I still buy.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 07, 2007 21:57

The disc tray gets jammed, it just won' t open unless I press it in a bit.
Same here, it' s a microswitch malfunction in the drive as far as I can tell. I already took it apart & examined every bit of it to try and see what' s up, because it really ticks me off![:' (]

Anyways the reason so many initial 360' s fucked up is due to a new RoHs protocol that the MS tried to comply with. They couldn' t do any soldering with lead and that screwed up the whole manufacturing proccess.
Partially correct. They decided not to use leadless solder, and mounted the heat-sinks on these great huge X-clamps that normally wouldn' t do anything, but since they' re leadless-solder nubs the heat from the 360 softens the solder, and the X-clamps partially disconnect the chips. There' s supposed to be a really easy fix for it, & if (god forbid) something happens to my 360, I' ll be seeing if it has any merit.

I' m not a big fan of the elaborate 7-page rebuttal posts, which is why I don' t do them very often, but some people are just asking for it.

Dammit Eddie er Mr. Eddie the Hated. Why the hell havent I played you on Live yet?
Eddie will suffice, my simple peon.

Why haven' t you played me on Live? Because I don' t have jack sh17 for games right now. If you' ve got CoD3, grand, because that' s the only decent Live game I' ve got right now. I do have FEAR, but I' ve never bothered to try the multiplayer. I might be getting a game or two in the next week or so, depending on t3h finances, so if I do I' ll be sure to drop you a line.

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 104

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message