Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit?
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 61 to 80 of 104
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 05:37
well, actually i just got R6 Vegas and i love it. Awesome MP and pretty decent SP. It will probably occupy me and the people i play live with until halo 3
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 10:27

Ginj, no one is denying the PSP has good games. I think the opposite: GTA' s, Rachet and Clank, etc. Its just that this new moron is saying things like " where are your numbers and proof" when he himself is providing none.

I didn' t make any claims on the state of Sony' s economic climate. He did, and he didn' t provide any proof for his claims. It was fanboy nonsense. It' s not that hard to understand if you' re not an idiot.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 10:47
In response to the question posed in the title of this thread before it wandered off course, yes it' s cool to challenge Kikizo authors about the contents of their articles on this forum. And it' s not necessary to be insulting to get their attention.

Thread resolved. My work is done. I feel like Buddha today.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 11:09

Changing around somebodies last name is now freaking hilarious? I guess I' m missing your sophisticated humor.

That' s your problem.

That does wonders for your serious image.

Because that' s why I' m here.

Fanboyism? --->I' m a PSP hater am I?<---

Are we evaluating the point I made or are we side-stepping because you got your ass whupped?

You' re avoiding the bulk of that paragraph. Tell me with any sort of conviction that Sony isn' t going through a pretty rough spot right now. I' m not speaking about the industry as a whole, generalisations are useless in this regard, but Sony is in trouble if they don' t get their act together.

You' re missing the entire fucking point. This is an article about Sony PSP and its situation. The PSP' s situation has nothing to do with the PS3. If you want to say, " SONY PSP is in trouble" then you provide facts about Sony PSP and not half truths.

And, I would like to see Sony' s rough spot. Show me some massive economic hit or " jumping ship" antics.

Wrong, if Sony tanks in one department, they' ll go downhill in another. Sega anybody?

Wrong, this is about the PSP specifically, not your concocted scenario to shift kikizo vomit to a flame war. While you can say that PS3' s lack of success (which you decide via your own opinion on number of consoles sold and NOT economic facts) may contribute to the decline of Sony as a whole, the article was about the failure that was the PSP, and that needs to be proven beyond, " being outsold by a rival product."
quote:

B. Very small market share in the handheld market is stupidity.
What???

quote:

If you weren' t stupid, you' d understand that Sony has the largest market share that a handheld competitor to Nintendo has ever had, and it' s significant (20%+). So I' m stupid? You' re the guy that just insisted that a small market share is stupidity. . But you' re correct, PSP does have the largest Nintendo-competitor market share. What the hell has Nintendo had in the way of competition in the past 10 years? Buckets of companies who didn' t already have their foot in the door, that' s what. N-Gage? Gizmondo? Neo-Geo? All on the same playing field as Nintendo I' m sure.

Clearly I was referencing your thoughts about about a very small market share. It is stupid to suggest that Sony has a very small market share when they don' t, because they have a significant (20%+) market share AND that stat of lower market share is misleading as it doesn' t accurately describe factors of economic success. Comprende?

Sony ripped Nintendo a new one in the household industry for 2 generations before the PSP. By the release of the PSP Sony had a serious upper hand in market share for over 10 years. They had very few of the problems common amongst other handheld contenders.

So, this is why the PSP has significant market share? Irrelevant. I was establishing that you were wrong about very small market share. I was also embracing the idea that there needs to be proof that Sony is losing money, and selling 177,000 units is not proof of that.

The minute somebody doesn' t agree with you they' re branded a fanboy? Is that how that works now? Got news for ya' buddy, I' m not speaking out of my asshole today. Acording to Chart-Track (independent), Nintendo DS has 68% of the market in their pocket. Using common deduction, one can clearly see that not a small handful, but many people chose " product A" over " product B" . Smooth talk your way around hard-numbers why don' t you?

If you can' t understand that lower market share has no burden of actual success then we cannot continue talking. It' s essential to understand what success means, that is sales, and what lack of success means, which is lack of sales. While I would entertain ANY AND EVERY chart of the PSP' s economic success I' ve yet to see any that put Sony in dire straits with the PSP. The article in question assumes that things are bad for the Sony camp based purely on your standard for success which doesn' t mean jack shit.

There is no gigantic fucking rule in the sky that says in order to be successful in the handheld videogame market one must gain a larger market share.

No numbers means I assume you have the same base knowlege that I do.

And the article author who took it upon himself to understand the climate of videogames without any appropriate references. You and I didn' t put our shit forward in any realm, but he did, and that' s why he' s being called out.

While not technically in the red (to the best of my knowlege at any rate), it shows that Sony is having some sort of financial issues. Don' t even ask me to link the " ridiculous PS3 development cost" articles to you. That much I' m assuming you can figure out without another citation.

Again, PS3 failure = not what article is about. The VERY specific criticism that we are talking about is the article' s reference of PSP failure. ZERO proof was given to that end.

On that note though, I don' t see any numbers OR references supporting your side of the debate. Talk to me once you' ve got facts to back up your poor excuse for witty dialogue.

You don' t know how sexy it is to have people demand that your " intelligence," and " excuse for witty dialogue" be nothing more than a show. I' m not trying to be intelligent or trying to be witty which means that my " excuse" for it is all the more proof of my own intelligent and witty endowments. It' s like sex with an asian.

Oh, and to pump a disease ridden horse full of buckshot, I don' t have to have numbers, I didn' t make any claims. I' m saying I want numbers from the jackass who wrote the rancid article.

Show me one article written by him that verbally insults anybody, or for that matter shows as much supposed " blatant bias" as this one.

One pathetic article is enough for me, thanks!

Immaturity isn' t disgusting, it' s a poor reflection on your ability to carry on an intelligent debate. It proves to me that the only way you can adequately support your position is by threading belittling insults & jibes into your opinions.

Wrong, I' ve adequately supported my position and you (in all of your godly kindness) have done nothing more than change the topic of the conversation to me being immature. The fact is not that I' m afraid to debate the merits of a shitty article, it' s the fact that you can' t properly understand the points being discussed.

Quite simply in fact. Lets take for example another equally high-rated Mario game. Mario 64 could be regarded as a very childish game. There' s no curbstomping or headshots or swearing or fornicating with prostitutes in the back of sedans, but hardcore gamers embrace it as one of the best examples of modern gaming ever. The casual gamer will fall in love with a 7.0 game, but the hardcore want something amazing. And if over 2 million copies of a game are sold, one can logically conclude that quite a few hardcore gamers thought it was " amazing" .

What? This is another long winded and full of shit opinion about video games that has no business during the discussion of objectivity. It' s also a big fucking trap, because it' s one thing to argue whether or not SMB and M64 are hardcore games on an intellectual and intrinsic basis and it' s another to claim that they are supported by hardcore gamers via an objective statement. I called SMB a childish game because I thought, on the first level, that it was. That doesn' t mean that a self described hardcore gamer in Skokie doesn' t consider it the masterpiece of a god, but that doesn' t prescribe said Skokie the right to claim that hardcore gamers are the reason for its success. Or, more in line with the article, that Nintendo appealed to hardcore gamers with it. It' s pretty much the same fiddle being played.

Simply put, you' re infusing your intrinsic bias on SMB just like the author of the article did. This is an objective article that takes a concept and infuses it with a product' s success. It' s impossible to objectively say, " Hardcore gamers chose this."

A. What are Hardcore gamers? Are they self described? People who log certain amounts of time in video games? People of a certain age group? People of a certain age group? People willing to spend money on equipment for certain games? All of these? None of these? Some of these?
B. After you' ve objectively determined what exactly a hardcore gamer is, how can you be sure that they are the ones who bought the game?
C. Assuming that after you objectively proved what a hardcore gamer is and after you' ve objectively proved that they were the ones who bought the game, how can you be sure that ALL hardcore gamers think that way? If hardcore gamers " chose" SMB as the article implies, then that means that it was universal in its laudits from this crowd.
D. What happens if the game was picked by more non " hardcore" opposed to " hardcore" .

NONE OF THAT CAN BE PROVEN. Hence the reason why it shouldn' t be in an objective article. It' s one dude' s opinion being stated as fact for success over failure (which also wasn' t proven by the article). It' s really not that hard to grasp.

If you' d like, I' ll gladly edit that particular portion out of my post. Also, who is the fanboy collective? This forum gets more Microsoft Fanboy hateposts than Nintendo for sure. Ask anybody not currently involved in this cult you call " the fanboy collective" , they' ll set the record straight.

Wow, boring.

Nobody asked you what you thought of the article. Why take it so personally? You' re calling me a Nintendo fanboy here, but everybody on the forums can attest to the fact that I' ve been quite critical of Nintendo as of late, more so than Sony.

The article is work done by an uninformed fanboy. I' m not sure when or if I called you a fanboy, but keep in mind we are discussing a biased piece of trash. To make things simple: I don' t know enough about you to understand whether or not you' re a fanboy, just that some gumption I have with some of your points may lead me to call them fanboyistic or of fanboyism.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 11:16

Comparing it to the abolishment of slavery is asinine, slavery was abolished because of industrialization and other economical factors that made it more beneficial to not have slaves, than to have them. In the grand scheme of things there is nothing to gain by making home brew stuff legal, it would only further reduce software sales and cause an obvious chain reaction that is bad for economy.

I must take some gumption with this. In terms of slavery in the United States, the ethical pressure on the Republican party to castrate slavery (not kill it) was intense. The Democrat party made friends in the South, which gave them money and power, but not mass. The Civil War was a result of the South understanding that their institution was now filled with cancer and it required protection into future territories and reduced taxes as well as a stiffer internal focus on keeping slavery alive.

However, economics was a deciding factor. The South used slaves, the North didn' t have to. Ethics were built around this geographical circumstance, but ethics on the side of the North were correct and ethics on the side of the South were incorrect.
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 12:01

I must take some gumption with this.

WTF is that supposed to mean? Don' t use words that you don' t understand, it only makes you look like a half-wit.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 12:07
Yeah. Billy, just throwing this out, but just because someone makes a post, doesnt mean you have to reply to every single one.... including this one
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 15:01

WTF is that supposed to mean? Don' t use words that you don' t understand, it only makes you look like a half-wit.

Gumption = Initiative. I must take some initiative with this. I must engage the points being discussed. To indicate that while off-topic and unrelated, I find it important to speak on the issue. Hence my useage of the term.
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 15:29
Totally inappropriate usage of the term I' m afraid. I can only conclude that you' re illiterate.

' That required a great degree of gumption' would be acceptable usage.

' I must take some gumption' is the rambling of a half-wit.
AlexW

• Total Posts : 22
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 20:11
Hi DontPeeOnBilly,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my article. I' m quite flattered that you would spend such a large amount of your free time discussing something I wrote. It' s proof of the passion that games are able to evoke. I love that. I have a few points.

1. Yes, it' s cool for you to call us out when you think we' ve stepped over the line. I will always try to understand what critics are saying and consider their comments.

2. I sympathise with your inability to correctly spell my surname. Hell, I also struggled with it for a while when I was a child. I have considered, at times, changing it to something more message board friendly, like Smith or Williams, but I thought I' d rather not dishonour my parents in that way. I hope my name on the boards won' t cause you as much trouble.

3. I do not, as you suggest, have it in for Sony or the PSP. I know quite a few people who work there and I have nothing against them. I also have all of their hardware sitting next to me in my office and I enjoy them all. I' ll admit that I don' t play the PSP all that much, but that' s down to me not having much free time for personal gaming at the moment and my hands getting sore because they' re not well-designed to fit the PSP. Competition is good and only results in better games for all of us, so I have no desire to see any company or product go away.

4. I don' t condone piracy, and I' m pretty sure that my pointing out that it exists isn' t going to bring down the PSP.

5. Outside of that, all I can say is that I' ll look over my " vomit" and your thoughtful comments on said pile and try to take on board any valid criticisms.

Now, if you' ll excuse me, I' m going to hunt for Easter eggs with my fiancée.

Alex
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 22:41
I wish Alex had more time to join us in the forums!

Anyway can I lock this now? ;-)
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 23:00

I wish Alex had more time to join us in the forums!

Anyway can I lock this now? ;-)

yes, i hate reading childish garbage
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 23:08
I think it' s safe to say that only Billy would say no.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 08, 2007 23:41
Lock away.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 09, 2007 00:09
Lock it up & throw away the key Adam.

I' ve said my part. A very polite rebuttal was given, & I won' t press it if he doesn' t. Oh, and by the way, nice to meet ya' Alex.
AlexW

• Total Posts : 22
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 09, 2007 00:45
Same. I' ll try to pop into the forums a bit more often ... since it has been a couple years since I last posted.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 09, 2007 03:47

Totally inappropriate usage of the term I' m afraid. I can only conclude that you' re illiterate.

' That required a great degree of gumption' would be acceptable usage.

' I must take some gumption' is the rambling of a half-wit.

Wrong, the goal of English and language in general is to communicate a point to an effective degree. There are no set in stone laws that make it impossible for the English language to be modified. You understood what I said, and what I said made plenty of sense.

I' m sorry you' re too ignorant to understand that English is an open book meant for communication and not adhering to a set of laws, but that' s your problem, and not mine.

The only halfwit here is the person too cowardly to address any points being discussed and taking GUMPTION with somebody' s interpretation of how language is used. So, you don' t know what in the fuck you' re talking about.
< Message edited by DontPeeOnBilly -- 8 Apr 07 19:48:09 >
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 09, 2007 03:54

1. Yes, it' s cool for you to call us out when you think we' ve stepped over the line. I will always try to understand what critics are saying and consider their comments.

Okay, that' s a positive.

2. I sympathise with your inability to correctly spell my surname. Hell, I also struggled with it for a while when I was a child. I have considered, at times, changing it to something more message board friendly, like Smith or Williams, but I thought I' d rather not dishonour my parents in that way. I hope my name on the boards won' t cause you as much trouble.

That' s why I changed my name to Wichita LefeVour, to avoid confusion.

3. I do not, as you suggest, have it in for Sony or the PSP. I know quite a few people who work there and I have nothing against them. I also have all of their hardware sitting next to me in my office and I enjoy them all. I' ll admit that I don' t play the PSP all that much, but that' s down to me not having much free time for personal gaming at the moment and my hands getting sore because they' re not well-designed to fit the PSP. Competition is good and only results in better games for all of us, so I have no desire to see any company or product go away.

I don' t doubt any of what you said, my problem with you has been your article which neglects truth in favor of biased assumptions. You owning a PSP or never even playing one is irrelevant. It' s about what you said.

4. I don' t condone piracy, and I' m pretty sure that my pointing out that it exists isn' t going to bring down the PSP.

What? I pointed out that you gave the PSP one key to success, and that that success was already being done before. Both counts were ignorant of the circumstance.

5. Outside of that, all I can say is that I' ll look over my " vomit" and your thoughtful comments on said pile and try to take on board any valid criticisms.

Like you said, passion.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 09, 2007 03:56

So, you don' t know what in the fuck you' re talking about.

Ohhhhhhh who' s a moany Michael then! I think someone needs a hug!
< Message edited by Duffman -- 8 Apr 07 19:57:54 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 09, 2007 04:33
This thread is a pointless waste of time, I can see no reason at this point why it cannot be put to rest and closed off.

Billy get over it, you " called out" your opinion, you were heard, you were responded to. I think you have had more attention than you already deserved, so just forget it and move on with you life. I mean hell go play your PSP or something... hell print the Kikizo logo and burn it, if that is what will solve your issues.

So to reiterate, Vote for LOCK

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 61 to 80 of 104

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread