Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Buying from Ebay
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
Buying from Ebay - Jun 26, 2004 14:48
I' m looking to pick up some cheap games from Ebay
I' m trying to pick up some old games that I missed the first time around
I am able to pick up the following (all canadian prices):

Unlimited Saga - $12.28 (I know it is supposed to be bad but I am intrigued by it)

NFL Street - $19.30

Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner - $22.94

Jak & Daxter I - About $15 but I am waiting on a cheaper one that is only at like $7 so far

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory - about $15

Also trying to get a cheap copy of bloody roar 4 and disgaea (almost impossible to get this one cheap)

Any thoughts of what I should stay away from or go for?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 00:10
$7 is way too much money to spend on Jak n Daxter ;]

fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 00:35
Those prizes seem pretty reasonable to me. I don' t think you could find any of them for cheaper at a regular retail store.

I' m doing some major eBay-ing myself; picking up some old SNES games. The only expensive one I want is going to be Secret of Mana...just bought it for 36.99; all the auctions were going at LEAST that high.
RavenShadow

RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 00:43
Wow $37 for Secret of Mana?
Awesome game. One of the best I' ve played but that is expensive for how old it is

Oh and I picked up Maximo: Ghosts to Glory for $10.50 (a little more than I wanted but oh well)

Edit 2 - AND I have about 15 mins left of NFL Street for maybe $30
Amazon and EBgames both have it for over $50
< Message edited by RavenShadow -- 6/28/2004 12:47:15 AM >
RavenShadow

RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 02:15
Argh!!!!!
The frustration of being outbit with like 5 seconds left!
I lost 2 games because of that
I even tried to avoid it but those people are sneaky!
Now I have to wait for the games to come around again
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 14:04
7$ for jak and daxter? Jak and Daxter is terrible, I don' t think its even worth 7$. Everything else looked like good deals though.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 15:54
Raven: That' s cheap for SoM, considering how rare the game is.

And it' s easy to win an auction, provided you' re willing to pay. Just keep refreshing until the auction gets down to about one minute. Watch the clock, and with about 30 seconds left, bid $5-10 higher than the current price, and you win. You just have to get higher than the next person, and to ensure that you win it, bid really high. You don' t have to PAY that amount; it just represents the maximum amount you' d be willing to pay.

For example, when I won Super Mario All-Stars, the price was at 12.50 with 1 minute to go; it got down to 30 seconds, and I bid $20. Not only would someone else probably not have a chance to submit another bid, but chances are, they won' t be bidding over $20. I won the item for $13.50, ' cuz the other bidder bid $13.00 when he saw the price go up...which, of course, wasn' t enough. It' s really easy, once you get the hang of it.
< Message edited by fathoms -- 6/28/2004 3:55:35 PM >
RavenShadow

RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 15:56
Oh I know
That' s what I was doing but it turned out 30 seconds was enough time for them to beat me out (I did go $10 higher than the price when I bid)

Trying to decide on a fighting game to get.
I am somewhat leaning to bloody roar 4
I' ve played Tekken 4 and Soul Caliber II and don' t really think VF4 is for me

Are there any others?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 16:08
Listen to fathoms he preaches the correct gospel regarding bidding on Ebay...

30 seconds is indeed the KEY time to wait for and bid as high as you can go.

BUT even at the 30 second mark I don' t rush and submit my bid. I beat some sneaky bastid the other day on Ebay by waiting till the 30 second mark, typing in a high bid and then taking a sip of my soda and biting my nails before clicking submit. Basically trying to waste as much time as I can so when I did click submit the other side had NO chance of responding fast enough.

Even at the 30 second mark if you submit your bid too quickly someone else who' s watching closely can still come in within that 20 second window and outbid ya, that' s why I take my time clicking the submit button!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6/28/2004 4:10:23 PM >
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 28, 2004 18:18
I stopped buying from Ebay after once being sent a copied version of Sonic Advance 2 instead of the original. Being a hardcore Sonic fan though i didnt give the seller any peace at all. He refunded the game when I told him I would go to the police with his address , but still, I' m not keen on Ebay anymore for games.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 29, 2004 06:36

I' m doing some major eBay-ing myself; picking up some old SNES games. The only expensive one I want is going to be Secret of Mana...just bought it for 36.99; all the auctions were going at LEAST that high.

Wasting $ on SNES games.LOL

I downloaded alot of SNES ROMS and injoying them on my dreamcast for FREE.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 6/29/2004 6:37:16 AM >
Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 29, 2004 09:01
You' re all lucky, things are hit and miss buying on eBay.com from Ireland. The attitude of some sellers is beyond me, why rip me off because I' m never goin got buy from you again so you' re screwing yourself out of cash in the long run. Two bad experiences and now my freeloader is gathering dust as a result.
< Message edited by smiaras -- 6/29/2004 9:01:44 AM >
RavenShadow

RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 29, 2004 11:51
Ok here are some deals I have going

I can get the following in Canadian prices

Bloody Roar 4 - $26.88

NFL Street - $37.11

Unlimited Saga - $16.85

Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner - $43.85

Which ones should I go for or stay away from?
Suggestions for other good PS2 games would help too
Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 29, 2004 12:47
ZOE seems quite expensive, is it out of print or something?
I' d go for Unlimited Saga for that price you an' t really seem to go wrong for that.
Is NFL St not due to drop in price soon new anyway?
Not the biggest fan of Bloody Roar myself, I take it you have Soul Calibur already. If you fancy 2D beat ' em ups it' s always worth taking a look at Marvel vs Capcom, Guilty Gear X or X2 or Capcom vs SNK. Repetitive button bashers but worth it for the blisters off the d pad
RavenShadow

RE: Buying from Ebay - Jun 29, 2004 15:48
ZOE is somewhat difficult to get but that is a pretty high price. I think I will wait that one out. Same with NFL Street, I think a price drop is coming soon so I might wait for that too.

I think I will pick up Unlimited Saga (despite the negative reviews I' ve read) and pick up Bloody roar 4 (because I like the transformation part - plus I' ve already played and beat Soul Caliber II and Tekken 4 and don' t think I would like VF 4)
fictionised

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jul 05, 2004 15:41
Haha, I' ve had ppl outbid me so many times because I' m on dialup (not for long- 3 days, in fact :)), and always in the last 10 seconds or so, in which it would take me that long to refresh the page, haha...

Too bad if you bid really high as your maximum, and someone else bids that high, so you DO have to pay that much
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jul 05, 2004 19:35
I' m mainly just selling games now. Lately I' ve went to a few pawn shops in a town next to mine and found some good deals on rare games. Of course, my friend found the best: an unopened non Greatest Hits Final Fantasy 7. He bought it for 7 bucks, sold it on Ebay for 70 and could have gotten more but he only did Buy It Now.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jul 05, 2004 22:59
I would go to amazon.com too to look for game deals! They have some really good deals, and no bidding business.
RavenShadow

RE: Buying from Ebay - Jul 06, 2004 01:26
I hate Amazon. I would only buy something from there if I absolutely had to. I find they over-price everything
fictionised

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Buying from Ebay - Jul 06, 2004 06:18
I' ve ordered around 15 different items from Amazon.com, ranging from sheet music for my mum and myself, through to hard-to-find books for my dad.

Haven' t had a problem with them yet- everything arrives a couple of weeks later (US to Australia takes a while...), but they are competitively priced.

i.e. One book my dad wanted was available in Melbourne (interstate from us), and also on Amazon- I bought him that and another one from Amazons, and still saved about $15!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message