Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Controller???
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 83
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
PS3 Controller??? - May 11, 2006 04:09
Am I the only person to think that Sony have completely copied Nintendo? I just wonder would Sony have used motion sensing technology had Nintendo not came up with their controller? I dont think so. I dont buy that Sony had this idea in development for ages either. The fact that they didnt announce this when they showed their Banana controller last year proves this because why would they have left it out? I know that it wont have the same capability as the Wii controller but it was still a cheap move by Sony.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 11, 2006 09:41
Not just Nintendo. Look at the PS3' s equivalent of the 360 guide button. Now, on 3, we laugh.

3! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Pyrii

• Total Posts : 42
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 11, 2006 10:35
Nothing about PS3 is New, hell the cell chip has been in use for over a year in SGI workstations and at full capacity, the one in PS3 will only be working at 3/4 capacity.
Motion sensing, quick addition and badly done, serious lag between moving and it happening.
Internet service... too easy.

Seriously, isn' t the idea behind starting a new business or making a new product to have something fresh and new that people need?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 11, 2006 10:43

Am I the only person to think that Sony have completely copied Nintendo?

...Am I the only person to think that duplicate threads are dumb?....
vdig

RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 11, 2006 10:50
Oops, yeah this be dupe.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 11, 2006 11:21
Makes you wonder whether PS3 supporters would rather have the concepted boomerang controller, or this new ' innovative' one with the classic look?

If PS3 wants to be a jack(ass)-of-all-trades, let ' em be. Jamming these hastily copied features in are just going to wreck havoc on gameplay IMO. Imagine controlling Snake with that ' six-degree' of freedom thing...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 03:49
I have to say Byakko that I didn' t treat your posts seriously and didn' t think you' d stick for so long :)

that was a hasty judgement you are a 100% gamer and you know your stuff - cool
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 03:54
I would rather have the batarang controller with proper triggers than Sony' s botched Dual Shock for PS3.

The whole motion thing is being done far better by Nintendo so I will go with Wii for that, and leave PS3 for games that need a regular control pad but also have the capacity to be inovative or different. (like Okami on PS2)
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 11 May 06 19:55:14 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 05:40
I dont care if people copy stuff just better for us consumers,about the design its looks okay,dualshock is a great controller,but...ahum mayby they could changed some stuff like the r and l shoulder buttons.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 08:24
so, they took out rumble, a feature which i actually appreciate in my games....

then they put in a half-assed motion-sensing tech. I say half-assed because i don' t think they thought it trough fully.

Nntendo' s is made to be held in one hand like a remote...

I think that' s going to feel a lot better than a two-handed controller that tilts....

It' s simple logic really. If it' s made for two hands, in order to get the precision you' re going to need for motion sensing games you' re going to have to use two hands...making it really difficult to play in a relaxed position.

A little test of my theory...hold your tv remote in your hand and pretend you' re playing tennis on screen...now do the same thing with your dual-shock....

Innovation is useless if it' s counter-intuitive.

At least they added triggers this time....it took them long enough. Hell, sega figured that one out back on the saturn.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 08:28
Phil harrison said the rumble feature is so old gen.

dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 08:36
Of course phil is gonna say that it' s sour grapes syndrome. They were more or less in the same boat with microsoft with the whole rumble feature thing they chose to try and save themselves money by prolonging the case when microsoft just walked off and left them to it. Seeing microsoft still being able to utilize dual shock. Not only that but the irony lies in the fact that microsoft also has stock in immersion so sony paying them for dual shock would be a slap in the face. Also I think (correct me if i' m wrong) but seeing as sony' s selling their console at 599 it costs apparently 900 to make so they' re looking at a 299 (say 300) loss per console compared to ms' s 126 and nintendo ...well not much I shouldn' t think ...so that added wouldn' t be nice (oh multiplied by the 6 million they plan on shifting)

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Phil harrison said the rumble feature is so old gen.

Old gen ...sure phil and a knock off idea of gyroscopes is the answer....
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 12 May 06 1:18:40 >
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 08:37
if i' m holding a normal controller and you want me to choose tilt or rumble, i choose rumble.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 09:47
Over the years I' ve found that I' ve become quite dependant on rumble. I can feel when I' m doing a good drift in PGR3 (any racing game for that matter) and I can prevent oversteering. When a game tries to alert me of something behind me (like being shot at from behind) I can quickly recover. I can use the rhythm of rumble when the opponent punches me to time my counters properly in DOA3/4. These are just to name a few.

I was surpised at how much I used rumble without me even knowing it.
vdig

RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 09:51
Rumble will surely be missed for things like driving games and the sense of grip and similar things. Perhaps they will release a peripheral wheel with rumble for something like that... but then again, the PS3 is expensive enough as is without the need to buy a force feedback wheel.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 09:56
This is kinda, ' duh' ! Not to mention that fact they ripped off of MS too, since they have that new ' guide' button in the middle of the controller. It looks so tiny I thought it was just a decal =/
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 12, 2006 20:14
You could hardly notice it but what I was thinking would it work the same way as ms' s or is it just there to fill the sapace.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 13, 2006 21:34
How many Sony fanboys ripped the Wii controller when it was revealed? I know tons. No doubt all of them love the idea of Motion Sensors now.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 14, 2006 03:02
On a postive note, looking back on the warhawk footage [with the guy playing beside the tv] it looks fun, even if it is ripped off. I dont really care for rumble, its nice to have, but i' d pick motion sensers over it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 14, 2006 04:24

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

On a postive note, looking back on the warhawk footage [with the guy playing beside the tv] it looks fun, even if it is ripped off. I dont really care for rumble, its nice to have, but i' d pick motion sensers over it.

You' re serious?!

NOBODY will want to play a game like that, it' s how my grandmother uses a pad. Nintendo' s remote doesn' t require such big movements and for good reason. There' s no way on Earth that i would sit waving the pad about like a goon trying to control the game!

Several developers have shunned Sony for dropping force feedback, most notably your freind Kojima. Even the trigger like L2/R2 buttons looks stupid.

I hate the Dual Shock 2 anyway but at least they have changed the analog sticks to make them indented like other pads. Now they need to change the d-pad, ...if they do that then i' ll be happier.

With any luck a 3rd party who HAS licenced Immersions technology will have a rumble enabled pad available at launch!
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 83

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message