Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Controller???
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 83
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 15, 2006 09:33
The Playstation 1 got to the market before the N64, So Nintendo copied Sony with the whole 3d Graphics thing, We know Sega did for sure.

If you dissagree with me, you are wrong. Easy.
Wolfjack

• Total Posts : 36
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 15, 2006 10:44
Okay, I think we' ve lamented over the loss of force-feedback quite enough.

I want to bring something else to attention. Something dark and sinister.

Between the connection socket and the L1 button you can see a row of lights and corresponding numbers. This clearly shows that the controller only accomodates up to four players on the wireless channels. What happened to the other three of the total seven that Sony was boasting about?
< Message edited by Wolfjack -- 15 May 06 2:55:16 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 15, 2006 10:48
You mean that there' s only 4 controllers lights instead of the promised 7? I was wondering about that too, if that' s what you meant.

edit: heh, yea I thought that' s what you meant...
< Message edited by choupolo -- 15 May 06 2:50:30 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 15, 2006 10:54

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

The Playstation 1 got to the market before the N64, So Nintendo copied Sony with the whole 3d Graphics thing, We know Sega did for sure.

If you dissagree with me, you are wrong. Easy.

YOU are wrong...

Nintendo got there first with the Super FX chip used in Snes cartridges. Star Fox was the first game to use it and that was released in 1993, preceding Sony' s console by 3 years.

I loved that game..
SABREWOLF581

• Total Posts : 92
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 15, 2006 10:59
well done
sega too with virtua racing
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 15, 2006 10:59
it says that the otehr three are just other accessories like the audio casque, and other stuff...
returnofreaper

• Total Posts : 25
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 15, 2006 11:10
yea.. and i was really looking forward to..7....person....split...screen..... what was the point in ever announcing that? serisously have 8 person for the dual displays or go back to 4...
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 00:26

ORIGINAL: Wolfjack

Okay, I think we' ve lamented over the loss of force-feedback quite enough.

I want to bring something else to attention. Something dark and sinister.

Between the connection socket and the L1 button you can see a row of lights and corresponding numbers. This clearly shows that the controller only accomodates up to four players on the wireless channels. What happened to the other three of the total seven that Sony was boasting about?

I always thought the 7 was a bit too excessive (maybe just my opinion) but I think it' s a good move to stick to tradition in that aspect...at least for now anyway, this generation everyone seems to be going all out.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 00:45
Oh and looksie at the 4 little lights on the Wiimote!

dasher232

RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 00:49
I thought I saw those on the wii(still weird to me) but I thought I may have been halucinating. Weird...they' re even the same square little boxes.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 02:03
Well I' m gonna keep calling it the PSWii60 pad...

That is what it is...

Dual Shock+ 360 guide button+ Motion technology and number lights.

= A mess..
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 02:18
Jepp, a mess. They should' ve sticked with a slightly tweaked Dual Shock.
By the way, can you use the old PS1/PS2 controllers on the PS3?
And can you use the old PS1/PS2 memory cards in case you want to load old saves when playing your old PS games?
Anyway, I hope some thirdparties come up with a little more different controllers than Sony. That would save the day.
Included rumble, a real d-pad, lights that doesn' t look like Nintendos and a Home button that resembles the PSP Home button (just to make it a little more Sony).
Abasoufiane

RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 02:49
the only thing bad about PS3 pad is it' s D-pad, and that is only bad in fighting game, no no i' ll be more precise it' s bad in 2d fighting games... aprart from that it' s awesome and i just love it.

= A mess..

what the hell is your logic in this mess!!! youur mess

the dual shock is good and for some people even excellent
the 360 guide button are cool
and the motion technology is cool as well

skip your fanboysm and try to be more professional in your opinion
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 03:07
The reason they took the players down to 4 was probably necessity, after they took off the dual TV output. 7-players on one TV would be unmanagable. If someone already said this, I' m sorry, I must have missed your post somehow.

The guide button isn' t really something to be bashing Sony for using, all new consoles were going to use them in one fashion or another. Nintendo has a Home button: different name, probably the same function. Don' t complain just because something looks similar.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 03:12
I think you are the fanboy absoflame.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 03:16
The PS3 controller lacks rumble. That alone makes the controller suck.
And the fact that they have added a motion-sensing technology to a controller that' s not designed to be used that way is stupid. It' s really uncomfortable to waving it and pressing buttons at the same time.
I' m putting my hopes in the third party developers.
Abasoufiane

RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 08:02

I think you are the fanboy absoflame.

i just defend what' s Fair, the comment he said was chilidish and sorry for saying so , but that has nothing to do with " mess" ... i showed why his arguement suck and why i thought his opinion was a fanboy talk... that' s my opinion but i don' t think i said any bullshit...

= A mess..

just WTF

The PS3 controller lacks rumble. That alone makes the controller suck.
And the fact that they have added a motion-sensing technology to a controller that' s not designed to be used that way is stupid. It' s really uncomfortable to waving it and pressing buttons at the same time.
I' m putting my hopes in the third party developers.

my ps2 controler' s rumble doesn' t work anymore, i swear it took me some time to notice its abscence, only when i put GT4 that i was like " why it doesn' t rumble!!" , it' s not a necessety, in fact so lany times i thought it is childish, and in fighting games, i Always turn it off , ALWAYS OFF in fighting game.

ithe movement sensing or whatever you call it is much cooler than rumble, and who said you going to wave your cojtroler while smashing the buttons !!! i mean the only game taht used it so far is WARHAWK , and hey what was the opinion of the press " usuasly " very favorable with good control.

i can see it used in racing games, bike game, fighting games like fight night round 3 and so much more... do not forget that those are like additional buttons which will ehance the gameplay istead of making some Combo buttons because of the lack of buttons.

after all it is not a necessety and developer will use it when it' s cool and only when it' s cool , not to use it because they are obliged to !
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 16 May 06 0:06:39 >
dasher232

RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 08:12
I agree with you to a degree abasou (and I personally dont see how arguing a point constitutes to fanboyism). Anyway like you said about rumble I turn it off aswell sometimes mostly because it annoys me when im loosing and becomes aggrevating. However it would be nice to have the option because when it' s not aggro its a really good feature.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 08:14
I liked rumble in Tales of symphonia,when i got hit i really feelt like my character got hit,or when a magic with mass area is close to me that i feel on the controller that my character feels the vibration,same when shooting a gun,i like to feel some from the controller then.

Or in driving game.

I love the rumble feature,i would never want to take it off.
Abasoufiane

RE: PS3 Controller??? - May 16, 2006 08:15
it is a nice feauture, nobody like when something is taken off, but to say what he said is what' s a " real mess" ... you guys think i defend sony but because a lot of people trash sony, nobody trash nintendo or microsoft, i mean rarely, so i don' t have occasions to defend micorosft or nintendo .

the technology they implemented is the dual shock is really really cool, much cooler than a rumble IMO. we will see guys we will see
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 83

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message