Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 EU Launch
Change Page: << < ..11121314 > | Showing page 13 of 14, messages 241 to 260 of 271
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 04:01
Editing because Majik told me how to post images. Here is VF5 from when I got it a month ago to the day. Yes I know it has a lot of flash

< Message edited by Dagashi -- 24 Mar 07 22:02:34 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 04:10
Quick question to all Kikizo members.

How many of us own all current " next-gen" consaoles. Just say " Aye"

Aye!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 04:29

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

Well for whatever reason, no matter what browser I use, I can' t upload photo' s through Kikizo . Tried for months to no avail, so I will just link a picture.

This is from when I got VF5 a month ago to the day.

Hahaha, good man

But why can' t you post images!? All you have to do is insert the link between...

[image][/image]

...because the ' Click here to upload!' has never worked, ...at least not for well over a year.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 05:00
Add me to the list of mainstream then :) I haven' t enjoyed VF since VF2... its more technical that i can be dealing with...

Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 05:36

ORIGINAL: uumai

Add me to the list of mainstream then :) I haven' t enjoyed VF since VF2... its more technical that i can be dealing with...

Hahahaha...

You like Tekken!?

Both are far more technical fighters than DoA, but i' m better at both Tekken and VF than i am DoA. I like all three though.

I just want to add that Everybody' s Golf 5 is great. I' ll definitely be buying it!
uumai

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 05:49
Tekken is ok, im not much good but use heihachi when i can to a degree..

I want to try the hot shots 2 demo is it long to create a HK ID? My gf would love it and im pretty interested myself
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 05:53

Hahaha, good man

But why can' t you post images!? All you have to do is insert the link between...

[image][/image]

...because the ' Click here to upload!' has never worked, ...at least not for well over a year.

It all makes a lot more sense now. I made a thread in " everything" asking for help as to how to get it to work and nobody responded. Now at least I know its not me that can' t get it to work.

BTW, how did you go about making a Hong Kong account? I' m sure I could figure out on my own, but I would rather be lazy and ask

So far Tekken 2 was my favorite of the series, mostly because I was in grade 7 and had a ton of friends willing to play it with me at the time.
uumai

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 06:19
Created an account for HK also, can i take the vids/demos from one user to another?
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 06:22
To create a HK account create a new user and make sure you select ' Master Account' and not ' Sub Account' as if exclusive paid content becomes available it' ll save you messing about.

Go through the motions like you did when you first got the machine, but i' d advise using a separate email address just in case. It doesn' t have to be a HK email address either, any will do.

Once you' re done and logged in with that account, register for PSN choosing Hong Kong instead of Canada/US/whatever (not China though and Hong Kong isn' t under ' H' , but it' s there in the list).

It' ll ask you for your name, twice, once in Chinese and once in Alphabet. You don' t have to bother with the Chinese alphabet though, as you' ll have selected English as your language. BUT, you DO have to fill both in, so just put whatever name in twice exactly the same.

It' ll ask you for your address, so find a random address in Hong Kong (i used a hotel address i found using Google) and make sure you get the province and region correct. There' s no post/zip code to worry about like when creating a JP/US XBL account so you won' t have any problems.

When you' re done just use the store as you would normally. Most of the ads are in Chinese but because it' s a HK account and there are a lot of English speaking people in HK there' s a good amount of English in there and you won' t hae any problems navigating.

I' d hoped the Hot Shots demo would be in English, but it isn' t. It IS self explanatory though, especially if you' ve played the series before.

There doesn' t seem to be any wildly different content through. They' ll obviously get more and more exclusive demos as the months pass so it' s definitely worth setting up.

The game [Everybody' s Golf] is great, if you like the series. It' s graphically nice too with only some slight aliasing. It has really nice lighting and the texture quality is pretty good, especially compared to other golf games.

EDIT: ...

Created an account for HK also, can i take the vids/demos from one user to another?

Yep, demos, video, everything.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 24 Mar 07 22:23:36 >
uumai

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 06:52
Cool and thanks majik for that. Never played HSGolf before so i was lost with the controls but i' ll look into it when i have more time..

I hope sony up some more demos though and are frequent with them
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 02:36
I' m just after having a good few soild hours with my mates PS3 and I' m impressed. The console itself is VERY quiet. The 360 is like a jet engine compared to it. The menu is simple an easy to use. The console itself is pretty big though.

I played both Motorstorm and Resistance. Motorstorm is excellent. Great graphics and gameplay. Good online also.
Resistance is good but not great. The graphics are a bit dissapointing but they get the job done. The online though is great! 40 players without the slightest bit of lag. I really did enjoy it.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 07:26
MotorStorm is f**k!ng fantastic!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 09:43

Quick question to all Kikizo members.

How many of us own all current " next-gen" consaoles. Just say " Aye"

" Aye"

Open questions to anybody playing Resistance right now:

Lots of enemies?
Big warlike environments?
Well constructed maps?
Do the ranked matches work well?
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 09:56

Lots of enemies?
Well constructed maps?

Yes to all, except the ranked matches have lots of Chimeran only games going lately. And I hate being Chimeran, I much prefer human fights, takes more skill IMO, and it is much less of a fragfest.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 09:57

I should add that the multiplayer environments aren' t as warlike as the single player. There are some though. The other thing is, its urban combat generally, and therefore it doesn' t have a lot of trenches like you would associate with WW2 environments.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 10:11

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Open questions to anybody playing Resistance right now:

Lots of enemies?
Well constructed maps?

I haven' t jumped online yet but i' m not impressed [at all] with the single player game. For a game penned as the consoles first " killer app" it' s severely disappointing.

Remember those video' s from early-mid last year, well before the game shipped that showed some amazing physics at work!? Well they never made it into the retail version.

Visually the game is sub-standard in almost every way. Some of the ground and wall textures look like something out of a N64 game. Seriously.

Enemies look great but human models look rubbish compared to those in CoD3. Explosions are lame but fire effects are nice. Smoke looks rubbish. In some environments there appear to be no shadows whatsoever (the Manchester Cathedral being a standout example) which gives the game a very unfinished look.

AI is lame. Weapons are cool and functional. Level design is retarded to start off with but gets better once you hit Manchester. In fact, the first couple of levels are so bad they' d have been better off not including them in the first place. From Manchester onwards things pick up and the game gets a little more atmosphere, but it doesn' t feel like a war. At all.

There are some busy and challenging scenes, and you never have to worry about ammo, but the game is nowhere near as good as i expected.

I do suspect that the online will be completely different. I expect that it kicks copious amounts of ass, ...but the offline, while a decent length, has nothing... ...NOTHING... ...on Gears of War (the game it' s been compared to time and again).

So far i feel Eurogamer and EDGE are right, ...this is a 6/10.

MotorStorm on the other hand is amazing!
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 19:52
Ah y' see, this is what you get when you sign up for a Japanese account...

...and britishgamingblog.co.uk were dumb enough (thinking they were clever) to put together an online walkthrough showing you what you need to click (because you can' t read it) to get through it all.

Good thing i told you to make sure you chose Hong Kong eh!?
uumai

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 19:54
Not being a huge FPS fan im likeing Resistance the most since i played black.

It might be considered by some as average, but it' s solid and ive not played enough fps games to be bothered if it' s too much like title ' x' .

I also have the benefit of absolutely sucking at fps games, so it' ll likely last me a hell of a long time... haven' t been online wiht it at all yet, motorstorm either (but heck i only played the frist race a few times to get into the motion control.

Loving them all though.

EDIT>: And yes majik it was good of you, though i did look online after you said and saw how japanese the japanese one was.. Glad you told us about the HK is in english. Especially because for the address you can just put in any random characters like i did...
< Message edited by uumai -- 26 Mar 07 11:56:18 >
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 20:26

Resistance is better than Far Cry, PDZ, Quake IV, PREY etc on 360, ...and it' s functional... ...but it doesn' t deserve to ever be mentioned in the same sentence as Gears of War, and it certainly isn' t a " killer app" .

Resistance actually feels like it started life as a PS2 game. The lack of realtime shadowing and the overbright in some areas just looks wrong. It gets better the further you get into it, but i can' t forgive Insomniac for the first 6 or 7 levels sucking hard. It' s almost as if they focused on quantity rather than quality, ...the complete opposite of Gears, ...which begs the question; is it better to have a long game that isn' t of super high quality, or a short game that is high quality throughout?

If you look at Lost Planet, GRAW2, Gears etc, ...they all have short single player campaigns but are amazingly high quality from the off.

I' d say RE4 is an example of both quality and quantity, but it lacks an online mode, something developers are now putting just as much effort into as offline, so as much replay value as the Mercenaries mode offers (and i' ve lost countless hours with it) it doesn' t really compare.

Don' t think i don' t like Resistance though. Once you get into the main game it gets a lot better, but it' s not as satisfying as Halo or even Black and it' s not technically brilliant. It has some good ideas and nice art direction but it lacks any real atmosphere and the story is told in a really detached way.

I guess i' m just perplexed that the benches (pews?) in the Cathedral are an odd luminous orange and have no shadows O_o

Hahahaha, it' s good but it' s not as good as it could have been.

But yeah, i thing everybody is super impressed with MotorStorm. It' s definitely the best racing game i' ve ever played. I love the quad bikes and racing trucks. I' m incredibly impressed with every aspect of the game, and it has the best lighting i' ve seen yet.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 26, 2007 23:33
Motorstorm is a great game, very hard might I add, never came first yet. But maybe it just takes time. Online play is great, only ever got lag in one match and I just changed server and it was gone, and all that on a wireless connection with like 30% connection . I have noticed that nobody talks in either resistance or Motorstorm online, why is that? is it because I don' t have a headset?

Resistance as nitro said, graphically underwhelming, not bad by any means just compared to other games, not mind blowing, it will do the job tough. It fairly standard fps stuff and isn' t anything really over a 7/10, Online really makes it more fun though, it plays alot like quake 3. although I just cant get why when playing as the Chimera you get a big advantage while the humans have nothing special.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 26 Mar 07 15:34:28 >
Change Page: << < ..11121314 > | Showing page 13 of 14, messages 241 to 260 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll