Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 EU Launch
Change Page: << < ..11121314 > | Showing page 12 of 14, messages 221 to 240 of 271
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 06:16
Yeah i was looking through the stuff on the Playstation Store.

EDIT: Has anybody installed Linux yet?

< Message edited by NITRO -- 23 Mar 07 22:16:46 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 06:23

I still have a bunch of tickets left for Blast Factor and Flow.

I think some Internet downloading rounds is in order.

I download one, give you guys the extra tickets, then you buy one and give us the tickets, therfore making it cheaper for everybody!

I see you playing GT:HD majik, what do you think? I cant figure out the Motorstorm online lobby
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 06:34

I see you playing GT:HD majik, what do you think? I cant figure out the Motorstorm online lobby

Its not the best. The way it works is, you join a lobby. Sometimes you are lucky and the game isnt started yet. Anyhow, it has an indicator beside everyones name as to what they are doing. If it says " not selected" it means they are waiting to prepare to start the race. If it says " preparing" it means the race has already basically begun, and everyone is selecting the vehicles they want. If it says " racing" it' s pretty self explanatory. Whenever the race finishes, the players return to the lobby and the creator can change the map/vehicles, and start it again.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 07:18
Ok i was ignored so ill try and ask again:

you can just add money to your account with your credit card w/o registering it

Can you please explain more? i have a friend who imported an american PS3 but cant register a credit card to his account.

Any help from Dagashi or anyone is cool. Thanks in advance.

what this ' Folding at Home' thing is all about.

It is a program that uses your unused CPU cycles to uncode DNA for a university to try and cure many diseases or something like that.

ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 07:37

Mr " i' m a practicing games designer" who can' t spell or construct sentances

Not to nitpick since English is just my third language, but isn' t it " sentences" ? ;)

Anyway, judging from what I' ve read I' d probably settle for a Wii and then a 360 this generation. I guess... :P
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 07:41

Ok i was ignored so ill try and ask again:

quote:

quote:

you can just add money to your account with your credit card w/o registering it

Can you please explain more? i have a friend who imported an american PS3 but cant register a credit card to his account.

Any help from Dagashi or anyone is cool. Thanks in advance.

I didn' t register my card when I first signed up my PSN account.

When I decided to buy Blast Factor and Flow, I went to the Plastation Store and added them both to my " cart" . When you say proceed to check out, the screen that loads up will have the total to be charged etc, but in the top right corner it has a button that says " add funds" . Enter that and it will give you the option of " credit card" or " plastation card" . It' s pretty straightforward from there.

Or you can go into account management located under the " friends" portion of the cross media bar and set up your credit card from there.

Hope it works for you.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 09:44

ORIGINAL: ys

Mr " i' m a practicing games designer" who can' t spell or construct sentances

Not to nitpick since English is just my third language, but isn' t it " sentences" ? ;)

Hahaha... Hmmm, well maybe i did that on purpose eh!?

No, i didn' t. I' m illiterate to...

This isn' t the first time i' ve done this either. I' m going to go ahead and use the excuse that i' m a Jewish though. We' re a protected people y' know!

ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 13:31
Hehehe. I' m just kidding anyway. It just looked a little funny in that context ;)

How' s the " feel" of the console by the way? I was wondering about those little things like loading a disc and the look of the case etc.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 14:57

How' s the " feel" of the console by the way? I was wondering about those little things like loading a disc and the look of the case etc.

I personally love it. I have always loved trayless systems, and bought a trayless DVD-rom for my comp the week they came out. The touch buttons are really nice too, something so simple manages to make it feel more cutting edge. I like the weight and size too, it makes it feel more like a comp, and I love comps . Plus, I love shiny black, its what the majority of my electronics are. Can' t wait to get a big black Xbox to sit alongside it.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 19:42

ORIGINAL: ys

I would say the build quality is higher than that of the 360. Both are nice looking consoles, and i' m actually liking the plastic used for PS3' s case.

I wouldn' t call it heavy for a console because Saturn and Xbox were big and bulky too. 360 gets away with being a big console because it' s concave and actually appears smaller to the eye than it is. PS3 on the other hand gets away with it because it looks expensive, and it helps that there is no external PSU.

I don' t like the Spiderman font though...[:' (]
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 22:31
Having gotten my hands om my Ps3 now, I have I love the console.

Though right now I' m still in the first impression stage and my " hyper" might calm in a few hours, but I think I' m already ready to claim the Ps3 to be my favourite Next-Gen console.

Everything from the Menu' s, the touch sensetive buttons, bulk less Blue-Ray rom is loved by me.

Sixaxis wieghs less than the 360 controller, with charable batteries, which is good too.

But I have some complaints.

Firstly, the charge cord for the Ps3 controlelr is too short (way too short), making it hard to play while charging the controller.

Though I claim the Ps3 is smaller than the 360, since it has no brick size external Psu, I still find it to be too BIG.

Lastly, the lack of HD cables comming in the box is silly. I ordered a HDMI cable, when I pre-ordered my Ps3, but for some reason webhallen.com had forgotten to pack the cable, even though they didn' t forget to charge for it.
So I had to go outside again, after having packed up my Ps3, and buy a one!

Also, as Majik... Sorry, Nitro said, I also loathe the Spiderman font! [:' (]
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 22:48
The menu' s are slick looking but they' re hardly functional. If you asked me whether preferred the blade interface 360 uses or the cross media thingy PS3 uses i' d go with 360 because it' s set out logically and is more practical.

Resistance offline isn' t leaving a good impression on me either. It' s shallow, even compared to Call of Duty 3. In fact, i think Call of Duty 3 is a far better game. Resistance is closer to Call of Duty 2 in a technical sense but doesn' t even scrape the surface as far as immersion and atmosphere goes. I still need to play more of Resistance before i can be clear about whether it' s a good game or not, and i have no opinion of the online mode because i haven' t played it yet. But, ...the online in CoD3 kicks ass and is the only reason i still own it so Resistance' s 40 player battles ad better be something special.

MotorStorm is badass. I' m in love with the game. I can' t wait to see that DiRT brings to the table because offroad racing just got a real boost in my books.

VF5 is VF5. It' s amazing.

I' m going to buy Tekken shortly so i' ll have a couple of tickets for you guys who don' t already have it.
Dionysius

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 24, 2007 23:15

The menu' s are slick looking but they' re hardly functional. If you asked me whether preferred the blade interface 360 uses or the cross media thingy PS3 uses i' d go with 360 because it' s set out logically and is more practical.

I diagree, I find the menus very functional, more so than in 360. Perhaps you are more used to the 360? Or perhaps it' s a personal preference.

I cannot say the same about the menus in VF5 though, which I found very confusing and illogical.
The game is great though, but I cannot say if it' s better than DoA4, as they both have their + and - ends.

It also struck me that I have to start buying Blue-Ray films, instead of DVD' s, now. I got the chance to check out the craptacular Resident Evil: Apocalypse in HD Blue-Ray, as I got it for free, with the console, and the image is as expected fantastic. BTW: I' m one of those lucky f*cks that got a 1080p 40 inch samsung television.

Anyways, gotta check it out more, before I propose to it, and so...

Edit:

Oh, and another bad thing. Dissapointed they didn' t include a Blue-Ray remote
< Message edited by dionysius -- 24 Mar 07 15:18:04 >
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 00:13

They did.

I diagree, I find the menus very functional, more so than in 360. Perhaps you are more used to the 360? Or perhaps it' s a personal preference.

No because it' s a carbon copy of PSP' s menu system and i' m a PSP addict.

But yeah, it' s probably don to personal preference.

I cannot say the same about the menus in VF5 though, which I found very confusing and illogical.

You' ve lost me. They could hardly be simpler. Is the Greek version different?

The game is great though, but I cannot say if it' s better than DoA4, as they both have their + and - ends.

If you' d said Tekken instead of DoA i' d have understood, but DoA, as cool as it is, has nothing on VF5.

Except online play ofcourse...

Hahaha, well i now have Tekken: DR, so if somebody wants to explain how this ticket thing works i can sort Silent & out.
Dionysius

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 00:33

They did.

Mine didn' t

Though I note the sarcasm, I honestly cannot answer the question, as my Virtua Fighter is bought in Sweden, not Greece or Brittain.

Still, I found it to have unnescecary side routes to do things. There are several things I found annoying, but an example is the detour one must make to change the name of the profile one makes, when starting a match.

Why not ask the player to insert his fighter name when selecting a new profile, instead one must exit the fight (or finish it) and then go over to customize in the main menu to change something so simple.

If you' d said Tekken instead of DoA i' d have understood, but DoA, as cool as it is, has nothing on VF5.

Except online play ofcourse...

Though I do not miss the Online play, I do miss the arenas of DoA. I guess I' ve been spoiled by the multi level, fight stages.

Also, I found the A.I of Doa to be more challenging, but it is evened out in Virtua Fighter as it requires more technique, and less button-mashing.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 00:48

Still, I found it to have unnescecary side routes to do things. There are several things I found annoying, but an example is the detour one must make to change the name of the profile one makes, when starting a match.

Why not ask the player to insert his fighter name when selecting a new profile, instead one must exit the fight (or finish it) and then go over to customize in the main menu to change something so simple.

Ah, i see what you mean.

Yeah, i agree, ...it doesn' t really bother me but you' re right, it is illogical.

Though I do not miss the Online play, I do miss the arenas of DoA. I guess I' ve been spoiled by the multi level, fight stages.

Also, I found the A.I of Doa to be more challenging, but it is evened out in Virtua Fighter as it requires more technique, and less button-mashing.

DoA' s arenas are great, but they wouldn' t really be suited to VF5' s gameplay style. VF5 forces you to keep moving around or risk being juggled against a wall or suffer a ring out.

Soul Calibur is set up the same way, except it doesn' t have many areana with walls.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 02:18
Sharing tickets requires a good bit of trust. The only way to do it is to let another person log in to the Playstation store with your PSN account. What I would suggest is switching to a new password to let someone use it to DL with, then when they are done switch it back. If it was any other forum I would never even consider doing this.

As for tickets I can share, I have Flow and Blast Factor.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 02:18
Well got my ps3 with Resistance and motorstorm, loving motorstorm with a car and motion, not the bike though and the motion is far too sensitive for it... but the cars are great, still i haven' t had much time with it as ive been working... monday is my first realy day with it.

As for the system itself, without games, amazing i have falling in love with it... more excited about that when i got my... sorry... dreamcast.

Have not seen Flow online... had a look for it yesterday. Did it go up today?
< Message edited by uumai -- 24 Mar 07 18:32:30 >
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 03:09

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

If it was any other forum I would never even consider doing this.

What makes this place any different though!?

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

Have not seen Flow online... had a look for it yesterday. Did it go up today?

It' s not out here for another couple of weeks.

What we need is a list of content in all regions. I want to know if Japan has any exclusive demos...
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU Launch - Mar 25, 2007 03:37
Nevermind, ...it didn' t take 2 minutes to create a Hong Kong account (Hong Kong because is much more English language support)

The only thing worth having is the Everybody' s Golf 5 demo. The game is gorgeous so i' m downloading that now. There' s the Playstation Classics for PSP too which i' m going to check out. Other than that they seem to have more trailers than we do, ...i' ll create a US account later and see what they have.

EDIT: So has anybody checked Linux out yet??? I' m interested but i have some questions if somebody has done it and can answer them...

EDIT: Oh yeah...

...if you don' t get this game then you are part of the mainstream problem with gaming today!
< Message edited by NITRO -- 24 Mar 07 19:40:53 >
Change Page: << < ..11121314 > | Showing page 12 of 14, messages 221 to 240 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll