Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy?
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 2 of 8, messages 21 to 40 of 157
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 05:40
Ahum… I have a dream that one day all gamers will be able to live together in peace and harmony…

No, but seriously I have nothing against any company, nor am I necessarily supporting any. I simply go to where the games I like are, and then I thank the ones who give me them. If you wanted to know which my favourite consoles are it would’ve been easier, they are:

1. Dreamcast
2. Nintendo 64
3. Ps2
4. Snes

And from the looks of things, Nintendo Wii will be the next-gen one to place a spot in my heart.

Edit:
I also admit to really like the PS3 so far, even with the heavy price tag (it' s not like they are forcing me to buy, so they have every right to put the price they want).
< Message edited by dionysius -- 27 May 06 21:51:45 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 06:38
Sega fanboy till the end...

But if we can only choose from consoles currently on the market then I' ll say that my support is behind Nintendo.

While most of my current-gen favorites are on the PlayStation 2, and while I' d like to see Microsoft be #1 for one gaming generation just so they can get a taste of the #1 spot, when all is said and done, the traditionalist in me would like to see Nintendo reclaim their spot as the market leader.
Cetra

• Total Posts : 153
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 06:40
I think the heavy pricetag is completely natural and nothing to be upset about. Imagine what you get, and its all even before its real time. Bluray will probably not catch up at first, but you will then atleast have a player for it with all the functions. A tivo, or a hd for whatever you want.
I see it as the perfect and complete service for a owner of a HD tv, that wants to embrace the HD era. I cant even believe how many people who wants to roast sony over this, its the start price, it will go down.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 07:15
The pricetag is natural concidering all the expensive technology we get but you have to ask yourself: Do I really want all that crap?
Do you really want a Blu-ray drive when it doesn' t enhance the games and only adds thousands of dollar to the price?
Do you really want it included when you might as well buy a separate Blu-ray player in the future when the next-gen DVD war is over?
Do you really want to pay that much more for a console that' s difficult to develop for and that might not be any better than its competitor that costs $200-$300 less?
Do you really want to pay $600 for a console that might not have any good games at launch with the best titles being months away when its competitor has got loads of AAA titles at the moment?
And do you really think Sony asked themselves what consumers want to buy? No, they asked themselves what they want consumers to buy.

The 360 is based on what we want and it' s very cheap concidering all that technology we get.
The PS3 is based on what Sony wants to force us to buy and the price tag reflects their neglect of what we gamers think.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 27 May 06 23:31:00 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 07:29
WHat pisses me off with the ps3 price tag is sony PR staff members claiming its very cheap for its value,BUT ITS THEY WHO PUT THE VALUE/PRICE ON BLU_RAY!!!!

Its like saying my junk at the alley is worth millions,but you my friend you can have it for 10.000 USD,WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!

TT

Its like when ps2/xbox came,i could find dvd' s that costed up to 1000 dollars,now i can find decent dvds to use in diffrent places for 50-150 USD.

And no,those dvd' s was never worth that price that diffrent companies took for them.

Cetra

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 08:17
Do I want a bluray player so I dont need to buy it separatly ? Yes

Do BluRay enhance gaming? Yes, it holds games in HD, and is even then bigger than the DVD' s were, allowing more game on a disc.

Im not gonna develope games for the console, and plenty of people love the playstation 3 console. Naughty Dog and EA are two of the big names which have no problems with it.

There are people who say its difficult to program games for, and people who say the machine is advanced. Thats life with programming. Some people say C++ is hard and difficult, someone advanced freedom in it.

Good games will definitly come. Will you buy more than one game at launch anyway? Games Im getting thats announced now are : Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Tekken 6, Virtua Fighter 5, Heavenly Sword, Naughty dog game, Warhawk, GTA 4. - These games will surely be more than enough through the first year for me.

Do you think if it were up to the consumers, we would get groundbreaking things? After all, consumers arent game producers, hardware giants or anything, they are just gamers. The consumer like myself is happy with whats mentioned above. A full HD ready media center included in the package. It will be all I need. Vhs and Dvd players will be gone from my table with the playstation 3 there (dont ask me why i still have vhs)

The Playstation brand has a much more solid library than the Xbox has, and backwards compitability with it all is included, so at launch here, I will still be busy with some PS2 games like FF12 and KH2. Them being upscaled to HD (something the xbox doesnt do) I wont be annoyed when I look at them on my new HD tv, which i will buy because of Playstation 3.
< Message edited by Cetra -- 28 May 06 0:19:33 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 08:24
DVD' S ALSO HOLD GAMES IN HD,wtf...

and is even then bigger than the DVD' s were, allowing more game on a disc.

Yes,im sure many games will be bigger then oblivion.
And if so,IF IT INDEED HAPPEND which i doubt extremlet much use 2 disc,wont cost as much as having one single blu-ray for dev.

Good games will definitly come. Will you buy more than one game at launch anyway? Games Im getting thats announced now are : Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Tekken 6, Virtua Fighter 5, Heavenly Sword, Naughty dog game, Warhawk, GTA 4. - These games will surely be more than enough through the first year for me.

FF13,MGs4,Gta4, and naughty dog game is games that prob gonna come late 2007 or even 2008,none will hit release date or close.

A full HD ready media center included in the package. It will be all I need. Vhs and Dvd players will be gone from my table with the playstation 3 there (dont ask me why i still have vhs)

HUmmm...
i might buy the external HD-DVD for 100 dollars,but i will see,i dont feel the need to decie which to support yet.
Cetra

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 08:31
Still have Heavenly sword and Warhawk, thats two games. I dont know about you, but I use money on other things than games as well.When I buy a game, its always 2-3-4 months til I buy another game after that.

You cant look away from the great feature to have a bluray player included in it. WHo likes piling up a bunch of players in their living rooms? This machine basically has everything you need for the HD future.
< Message edited by Cetra -- 28 May 06 0:32:55 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 08:35
Well...i actually has many things,even had to put in diffrent chairs to fit my consoles, and digital tv boxes and stuff.

So yes,a Blu-ray inside the ps3 is way better then a seperate blu-ray for me,however that wont help me afford a ps3for that price.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 08:45

Still have Heavenly sword and Warhawk, thats two games.

Yes that' s two games compared to the 360' s huge pile of AAA games.

I use money on other things than games as well

Not with the PS3 price and what they' ll charge for their games.
Besides, you' re going to put $600 on a PS3 to play two games? Wouldn' t it be wiser then to buy games for the PS2 worth of $600?

You cant look away from the great feature to have a bluray player included in it. WHo likes piling up a bunch of players in their living rooms? This machine basically has everything you need for the HD future.

So if the HD-DVD becomes the next generation standard, then what? The huge amount of space the Blu-ray offers isn' t needed for videogames at all. The DVD' s also hold games in HD.

Im not gonna develope games for the console, and plenty of people love the playstation 3 console. Naughty Dog and EA are two of the big names which have no problems with it.

NaughtyDog is Sony' s dog so they' ll tell you nothing but good things. EA is a publisher and they' re in it for the money. Their developers probably prefer the 360 but it' d be wise for them to keep their mouth' s shut.

As I said, why pay $600 for a console that only has two games worth buying? And when all of those mentioned titles are out the 360 will have an even larger library.

After all, consumers arent game producers, hardware giants or anything, they are just gamers.

Exactly and that' s why a $600 pricetag is stupid. That' s ont a consumerfriendly price and that' s why the PS3 will do much worse this generation.

The Playstation brand has a much more solid library than the Xbox has

That' s something of the past. Haven' t you noticed the ongoin trend of developers admitting support of the 360? More and more titles becoming multiplatform?
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 09:12

This machine basically has everything you need for the HD future.

Sounds like a Sony PR line to me, and actually made me gag!

i have a HD TV, Im allready for the future! if I want a HD drive for either my PC or my 360 it wont be long before they are £50.

I think sony are being a little arrogant and that they should have launched a version with a standard DVD drive. It would have halved the price, and IF the games ever needed HD (which i recon is about 10 years away if your being efficent) you could buy the drive as an upgrade.

But sony had to drag the PS crowd into their stupid consumer battle in other markets. Its this arrogance that has put a Wii at the top of my most wanted list now.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 09:13
I been playing consoles for many years now. First console being Atari' s. So not quite the start, but certainly a decent amount of time. However, I never really became a fan of any console or company until Sony entered. In which then I became a fan of Sega.

Problem was Sega had to much coming and going and I had no money for it all. Then came the next generation of consoles. That was when I truly got into it all. The choices were PS2 Gamecube or Xbox. I sided up with MS' s console as around that time I was heavy into PC gaming but couldnt keep up with the quickly advancing computers.

So now with the Xbox360 I am more a MS fan then any of the others. Altho I have always enjoyed Nintendo products just not entirely interested in them. As for Sony...they just never appealed to me. Ive played them whenever I was at a friends but never bothered to buy one myself.

So I am fully hooked up with MS. Having an occasional affair with Nintendo. Nothing more then bunk buddies with Sony, where we occasionally get together, talk, and then leave it at that.

Cetra

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 09:18
two games is more than enough for me like i said, why question something i' ve already answered?

I gave you a huge list of games I want, and two of them at first will be more than enough for the first time. Why do I want to play the games on them? The new games? Thats kinda like asking why you want the next gen at all.

And of course you have a reason to explain why third party companies say that ps3 is a good machine right? No surprise there. People who say the oposite are probably the only ones who' s honest huh?

I havent heard what Squaresoft have to say about it, but the fact that they already have 2 games in the making for it kinda tells me they like it.

I believe the Bluray will become the next standard. As the film industry wants better pirate protection, and that you get with bluray. And also, 80%(wasnt it?) of hollywood companies have signed up for bluray. Bluray is also the one with the most capacity, so what do i need it for when it wont win? Well, still companies will offer movies on it, but the main thing is, its exactly that, more capacity. Greater options for back up, and when my PS3 first reads it, I can load many many many seasons of a show on a bluray, far more than a hd dvd, and watch it on my ps3.
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 09:23

Squaresoft?

Its been Square-enix for a long while now :P
Cetra

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 09:35
I will never call it Square - Enix, they will always be Squaresoft to me !
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 09:49
Okay,fair enough,i sometimes hate to write SQUARESOFT,when talking about the older days,cause its wrong to say " square-enix" then :P
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 10:05
I thought Square-enix went on record saying they prefer the BLUray space available. Or was that just somebody' s speculation?

Anyway, I think Sony is charging a very fair price for what they are putting in the console.

That said, I' m still pissed at the price tag. Why? Because the thing that pushed the price up the most, the bluray, isn' t even necessary yet. And I don' t think it will be for a long while.

Most HDTV' s available now only go up to 1080i anyway. By the time 1080p truly becomes anything near a standard, Bluray players will have dropped in price.

Personally I think Bluray has a great chance at winning the HDmovie medium war. They got Disney, that' s saying a lot.

However, I think Sony is arrogant for making people pay for it NOW. It' s WORTH the money, it' s just too early. Like it or not, that hefty price tag is going to alienate a lot of gamers, no matter what games are offered.

Not all of them, and certainly not enough to seriously hamper Sony' s sales, but a lot of gamers are going to change camps to 360 simply because it' s so much cheaper. That' s life.

Notice I didn' t say anything about games. That' s because I don' t think for the first couple of years that there will be any significant difference in 360 and PS3 games.

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 11:03
I can honestely say I have no loyalties to any side. If you make something I like enough to buy I will. I bought a 360 mainly because it came out first and it has a few exclusives that I need in order to justify spending 500 bucks while the other two consloe platforms do not.

I have to say though I' ve spent a lot of time thinking about this and I' m considering crossing over from hardcore console gamer to the pc side. I' m 20 years old, I think I' m starting to outgrow consoles. They just don' t appeal to me the way they used to. Don' t get me wrong I love my 360, I' m very pleased I bought it. There' s just something about DIY computer building that gets me excited about gaming on it, not to mention everything else a computer can do.

Everyone says consoles are a better value but not if you buy more then one (ps3+360+games and accessories=too much fucking money) I dare you to tally up how much you spend on videogames a year, when I did I almost puked, I don' t even understand where I get the money! Lets face it, consloles have a life of about 7 years at most, after that they have no value. But you can always upgrade or sell a computer.

I was raised by a single parent and my mom never had enough money to buy a computer untill a few years ago when she bought the one I' m using, the first time I used a videocard was two year ago when I bought a FX 5700 LE (I' m still using it). So instead I just went with consoles.

However now that I have a job and over 6000$ saved up (most of it' s for college, thank god for free tuition) I' m going to build my first rig with a buget of about 2000$.

I feel like I' m in a new chapter of gaming. The Xbox 360 will be the last console I buy...and it will be wicked, but 6 years from now I' ll be a pure pc gamer.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 13:55
Everyone goes through their stages, Game Junkie. The fact of the matter is, I prefer consoles because it' s truly " plug and play" . I HATE tweaking sh*t, and having to problem solve, when all I want to do is just play a freakin' game! That being said...

I' m a Microsoft fanboy. Yes, I realize it, and no, I don' t need any help! I DO try to give credit where credit is due, though. The Wii looks damn fun to me, and I can' t wait for it! The PS3s Blu-ray drive is also a temptation that I cannot ignore (though I try). The thing is, I almost spent $500 on an HD-DVD player! I simply find new technology hard to resist.

Couple this with the fact that my home theater screen is over 9 feet wide, and I NEED high def! The larger the tv, the more you benefit from an HD source. Now, I don' t know what will happen when the PS3 comes out. I' m sure MS will counter with their HD-DVD add on. What then?! I just... don' t know! I guess we' ll see how much money I have at the time!

It' s funny; I say I' m a fanboy, but I own all the consoles from last gen (not including portable). What the...?
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 28, 2006 19:14

Everyone says consoles are a better value but not if you buy more then one (ps3+360+games and accessories=too much fucking money) I dare you to tally up how much you spend on videogames a year, when I did I almost puked, I don' t even understand where I get the money!

Lets face it, consloles have a life of about 7 years at most, after that they have no value. But you can always upgrade or sell a computer.

I dont agree with this fully - Firstly a PS3 is a one off, so I can still get double the gaming with consoles that I can with the price of the 7800 sli In my computer. Consoles also push out better games for longer into their lifespan.

Try running a 5 year old PC (with a 5 year old GFX card too - no cheating!) on current games. On the plus side PC games evolve quicker and towards the end of a consoles life I will always switch to PC gaming more - but be under no false hope, PC rigs are ALWAYS more expensive in the long run.

The problem is once you have a great rid you want to keep it great for longer, but the architechture, just like that of consoles dates. Except a decent graphics card sets you back the price of a console every 18months!

Thats why between all my older consoles, mame cab, DS, PSP 360, soon to be Wii and my Shuttle and Alienware laptop I see that for teh money the PC is the most expensive of the lot! -

Excluding buying an HD TV last year - but that doesnt count, because I use it with the media centre to play back from PC!

With all of that said it takes ages from launch for the accessories for consoles to come down. The prices are ridiculous from indie retailers! Just imagine if Sony did frown on preowned, it would push prices up further!

PC and consoles (360) will be closer than ever this generation due to the dev architechture, and if your on a budget (and thats the critical bit here) are you going to go for a 360 with ten games and all the accessories or an ok PC with the same budget and games - and have performance issues!

But after all that, I wish you best of luck with your gaming rig - my 360 has stolen my CS and BF2 sessions from me, so I doubt Ill be any good like I used to be!
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 2 of 8, messages 21 to 40 of 157

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message