Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy?
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 4 of 8, messages 61 to 80 of 157
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 30, 2006 15:38
Former Squaresoft now square-enix has had games on more then one cd' s before,can be done with DVD with even lower cost then a single Blu-ray dvd.

So the talk about lack of space doesn' t do anything.
Look at FF8,used 4 cd' s how did that affect you?
And yes,2 dvds will cover any game size, no matter how much CGI HD.
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 30, 2006 17:12
In answer to the original question....

no.

Having a favourite company/console doesn' t necessarily make you a fanboy. I have enough love for everyone, but my fave console of the minute is DS. :)
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 30, 2006 17:30

lol I honestly don' t even notice my fan but have heard a few complaints and apparently they' re sorting that problem out.

It really does bug me, not to the extent that I cannot play games, but so much that I decided not to use it for other purpose. However this comes from someone who thought his Ps2 was too loud to use as a DVD player.

What kind of xbox games doesnt work for you?

Hmm… It was quite some time since I last looked at the list of compatible games for the 360, and it might have changed. These are the all the games I own, please tell me if you know which work…

Halo, Halo 2 (I know these two work)
Breakdown (it was one of the few FPS I thought showed promise. Not great, but good enough)
Dead or Alive 3 (I’m pretty sure this one works. If it does do tell me, but if doesn’t, please do not (‘cause then I’ll have a heart attack)
Beyond Good & Evil (this, DOA3 and the two following games are he most important ones, to me)
Panzer Dragon Orta
Shenmue II
Fahrenheit (I honestly don’t care about this one)

People must be playing with some very low volume and with a 360 one their laps or somthing. Either that or I got one those rare systems that managed thru production with an A+.

I have good ears.

Another thing about the 360 you might want or not want to know (or might not care) is that here in Sweden, according to Swedish law consumers of the Xbox 360 is allowed to return their 360 up to 2 years after its purchase (even used ones) and have their money returned, as the machine didn’t pass the minimal requirement test of duration and safety.
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 30, 2006 17:42
My panzer dragon orta game disc is gone :S
YES I STILL HAVE THE FOLDEr,and a scanner,so can scan in the game to prove that i have it,but where the fuck did that game go?!
Dead or alive 3 works i think,im pretty sure i played it on my 360.
Shenmue II ahum...i will try that one later today.

But still,the list isn' t perfect by any near,but they update and add more games frequently.

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 31, 2006 08:26

ORIGINAL: Dionysius

Halo, Halo 2 YES
Breakdown NO
Dead or Alive 3 YES
Beyond Good & Evil NO
Panzer Dragon Orta NO
Shenmue II NO
Fahrenheit NO

Another thing about the 360 you might want or not want to know (or might not care) is that here in Sweden, according to Swedish law consumers of the Xbox 360 is allowed to return their 360 up to 2 years after its purchase (even used ones) and have their money returned, as the machine didn’t pass the minimal requirement test of duration and safety.

Interesting! I wonder if the other two consoles (PS3 and Wii) will pass.
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 31, 2006 10:19
You know the Wii will pass!

And no, I' m not a fanboy of any particular brand - I' m just saying.

Have you ever known a Nintendo system to have some sort of serious problem with it? Maybe an individual system here and there, but I have NEVER heard of something going wrong with the Gamecube. Quality assurance baby!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 31, 2006 10:25

but I have NEVER heard of something going wrong with the Gamecube.

Well prepare yourself Tim, PREPARE yourself to hear about something going wrong with someone' s GameCube! :P

My GameCube stopped booting games up after I left it running for 2 and a half days straight with Viewtiful Joe paused.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 31, 2006 14:06
If forced to pick one, I would have to say Nintendo. I honestly was a Sega fanboy awhile ago...and as such I hate Sony (seeing as they are the direct opposite of Sega). My justification for picking Nintendo was because the Gamecube turned into what the Dreamcast was, little 3rd party support and massive 1st party support (most games being well made). Sony on the other hand, I could never back a company who gets aide from other companies and can' t make a decent claim in the gaming industry as developers (what ever happened to the good ' ole days?).
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - May 31, 2006 18:35

ORIGINAL: Alecrein

I honestly was a Sega fanboy awhile ago...and as such I hate Sony (seeing as they are the direct opposite of Sega).

I have always loved Sega but I could never hate Sony for a thing like being the opposite of Sega (they are?) or for being one of the reasons Sega quit the console bussiness. Sony' s products doesn' t appeal to me as much as Sega' s did but they won fair and square so I can' t hate them for that. I dislike them for other reasons.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 01:38
In terms of business affairs Sega has always strived for 1st party control over their console, I just can' t respect Sony seeing as they strive for 3rd party control. I hate Sony for other reasons as well, (I use to appreciate Sony during the PS1 era). And I think though Sony did win " fair and square" (Get it Square? heh) it all came down to the fact that they had more money and as such were able to entice third party developers more. Maybe it is the devote Old school gamer in me, I don' t know I hate Sony so much, but as a gamer I will probably buy a PS3 (for MGS4, unless it some how comes to the X360).

Well that seemed like an odd rant. :/
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 03:53
I just tried Shenmue2,didn' t work on my 360.

However it should be acknowledge that MS is working hard on emulating and fixing each xbox game for 360,but going in the list of terms of sales,and btw,some games works with no problem,that sucked...

ps!

I never had XBL on,which search for a update to each game,forgot that >_< but dpoubt it work still,but will put in the internet on the 360 later today and re-try shenmue2.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 31 May 06 19:54:43 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 04:21

Halo, Halo 2 YES
Breakdown NO
Dead or Alive 3 YES
Beyond Good & Evil NO
Panzer Dragon Orta NO
Shenmue II NO
Fahrenheit NO

*Dionysius falls of his threadbare chair from the chock of the first glimpse of the list, he lands face down resulting in his neck breaking and he dies a painful death. Then some a small ray of light magically heals his wounds and he is miraculously able to sit back up (on his threadbare chair) and continue typing (that light was DOA3)*

I was sort of expecting it. But I’m still sad to see that almost none of my games work. BTW, is it possible to upgrade the Xbox, without using Live (ex. downloading the upgrade and burn it from a computer).

but I have NEVER heard of something going wrong with the Gamecube.

Didn’t they have to recall a lot of them, because of some trouble with its power supply going “poof”?

I just tried Shenmue2,didn' t work on my 360.

*Dionysius, remembers the list and falls again* Tha one' s Overkill!
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 04:48
As i said,i never tried with XBL,so cant know for sure if they managed to emulate the game or not,but i doubt it very much.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 31 May 06 20:48:34 >
Paul J Beauchamp

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 05:08
I am a 360 fan. I was a sega fan before and will die a sega fan.

As for the rest of the debate over the the PS3, People will buy it sucks that sony is forcing there Blue ray on any one who buys it but thats that.

I cant wait for console verse pc games on the 360.

As for the next gen race I see 360 first Nintendo second Sony third.
I believe this because its all about the money.
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 05:30
Well,what pisses me off is people at diffrent sites sayin europe is fine with a bigger price tag,and when the price tag now is 600 euro=750$ and then include taxes we hit 800 $ i just fail to see any reason to buy it anytime near.

Will probably buy it in 2008,but nothing i seen so far,has made me want to even try to save up for that console.
Now before sony fanboys get angry and think this is an attack,im not dumb,i realise the true support and dev will happend in 2007.

But i dont see any reason on why payin for a heavly overpriced ps3 this year or early 2007.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 16:26

Okay which one of you nintedo fanboys is this? Hmm...HMMMMMMMM?
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 19:34

Okay which one of you nintedo fanboys is this? Hmm...HMMMMMMMM?

*shamefully puts hand up*

EDIT: *Retracts statement as the pic is too retarded to be a joke*
< Message edited by Tiz -- 1 Jun 06 11:38:35 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 19:41
HHAhahahahah :P
Best pic ever!!!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 19:54
Is he going to E3 perhaps?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 01, 2006 20:48
Duuuuude! That' s is the sweetest getup, EVAR!!

LOL. If only they had a left handed Power Glove!! And a VIRTUAL BOY!!
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 4 of 8, messages 61 to 80 of 157

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message