Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy?
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 6 of 8, messages 101 to 120 of 157
Insanity Prawn Boy

• Total Posts : 16
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 04, 2006 23:07
Even fresh water has been here since the earth formed. It' s passed throgh trees/dinosaurs/lions/other people/before ending up in the tap. That was only a scandal cos people shouted about it.
So there.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 05, 2006 02:11
hey, you never know when you' re gonna need to support pepsi, and drink tap water... at the same time. Okay, so you' ve got me on that one, there' s no good way around it, but then again, it' s not too different from sony' s six-hundred dollar (us) watch. Brand it, and people will buy, because it' s exclusive, now if it were six dollars, it' d just be nerdy.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 05, 2006 07:27

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Sony could piss in a bottle and sell Sony branded apple juice; Cetra would be
none the wiser and still buy it.

So I doubt $60 blu-ray discs will throw him off.

They could even sell his own brother back to him; as long as he was Sony branded.

No doubt that he will bite, no matter what' s on the line, but as far as everyone else on these forums; $60 is expected, but what if the games are $70 or $75! Are you guys willing to pay that?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 05, 2006 08:46
Im just glad I got various discounts at several retailers...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 05, 2006 18:00

No doubt that he will bite, no matter what' s on the line, but as far as everyone else on these forums; $60 is expected, but what if the games are $70 or $75! Are you guys willing to pay that?

I have a theory:

I have a HMV rewards card, now, if I can buy so much stuff on my 360, the money
keeps getting stored up on the card (ATM I have about £70.00), so I figure that IF
a lot of things come out on the 360 that are good (the steering wheel, camera,
bluetooth h/set, gears etc) then I should probably have at least just over £100.00
on the card, and come PS3 launch... hehe .

BULLSEYE!!!

But that' s just me so, just a tip if you want to try for a cheaper PS3...
cardmasterpro

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 06, 2006 03:16
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 06, 2006 04:23
Thank you for the off topicness. A real Tension breaker. [:' (]
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 06, 2006 05:57
I detest the word " fanboy" . I try my best never to use it and i think it makes people sound immature.

However, in the context of this question and the way the question was asked, i find it more than acceptable to use the term as it' s something that everybody here can relate to.

Bomber is right, everybody DOES have a preference, even if it' s only marginal. I myself would say that i side with Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft have brought corporate-ism (?) to the world of videogames and the companies themselves are detatched from the end users wants and needs (Sony specifically). Nintendo are the only one left that a) has the balls to try something new, -- and b) seems to know what gamers really like.

Nintendo made some big mistakes with the Gamecube, but they tried their best to offer unique content and even secured more adult content (the awesome Resident Evil remake and Eternal Darkness as two examples, but also the at one time exclusives RE4 and Killer 7).

What they have done with the DS (which isn' t for everybody) has been amazing and i can' t see how Wii could fail. But then Dreamcast started off very well with tons of developer support and that bombed, so nintendo could very well go the same way.

I find it easy to slate Sony, it' s not very fair as they HAVE brought videogames to the mainstream (whether that' s a good thing or not is debatable) and because of that the industry has grown ten fold allowing for studios to be set up and the development of games that otherwise may never have been.

I think my qualms with Sony are their blatant dishonesty and the mistakes they have been constantly making with PS3, it' s announcement and development. That' s partially down to Microsoft who virtually forced Sony' s hand when they just weren' t ready, and due to the nature of the business now (because of Sony themselves) everything was very public and their mistakes have been well publicised, even over-publicised.

You' ll often find me singing Microsoft' s praises which would lead some to believe that i am in fact an adamant Microsoft supporter. I' m not, but i do think everything they have done so far, with a couple of minor exceptions, has been right on the money. They secured some awesome exclusives, they' ve given developers a highly acclaimed development environment, they' d made online console gaming work, they have a perfect pad (well, it' s lacking the NiGHTS pad' s d-pad), the console is well made and structured and they' ve delivered exactly what they said they would. I own a 360 (complete with matte black faceplate) and i' m loving HD gaming.

But, RE4 is still my most played game and Twilight Princess is the game i am most looking forward to this year (don' t tell Cliff), so Nintendo is where i' m at baby!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 06, 2006 19:10
It pisses me off how people forget ToS to Gamecube...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 06, 2006 21:16
Maybe people would remember it better if you actually write the full name?
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 06, 2006 21:21
TALES OF SYMPHONIA!!!!!

ginjirou

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 06, 2006 22:11
Tales of Symphonia
By Namco
Japanese RPG
GCN/PS2(JP)

Official Website:
http://tales.namco.com/symphonia/

IGN review:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/528/528400p1.aspx

Gamespot review:
http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/rpg/talesofphantasia/review.aspx

1up review:
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3133374&did=1

More 1up crap:
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3138034&did=1

IGN info about the PS2 version (Japan only):
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/675/675508.aspx
Grr, another GCN exclusive that Nintendo lost!

Gametrailers.com videos:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=1307
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 07, 2006 08:52
Alright! In honor of Quezcatol I shall attempt to play through Tales of Symphonia again! I suggest you all do the same
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 07, 2006 09:09
Readers avg on IGN 9.2
Readers avg on Gamespot 9.3

Myself scored the game 9.4/10

But seriously you have a serious story based on nazism,and some nice anime characters,you have dozen of villages/towns and places to go,sidequest bosses and hidden weapons and items,you have diffrent endings,heck even one character might die if you screw up in the game.
the battle system is fast pace and make you want to keep on leveling up your characters.
You have a very cool plot at the end of the game.
The game is on 2 disc' s basically 40 hours mainstry and 20 with sidequest' s.
You can play up to 4 players in the fighting part or let the NPC control the other 3.
You also have a coliesum in one town where you can figh all kind of monsteres and face off some familiar Tales of characters from prveious plattforms.
You have hidden recipes whihc you can make food of hidden in the game.
You have a lot of option to change gears/weapons,and mix items into strong weapons/armor.
This game has some of the coolest bosses,that make you happy to face of each of them.
The graphic is in smooth cell shading thats very pleasent for the eye.

Btw,i like Tales of symphonia!!!!!

ToS> FTW!!!!
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 08, 2006 01:31

Original by: Majikdra6on
I detest the word " fanboy" . I try my best never to use it and i think it makes people sound immature…

I myself would say that i side with Nintendo...

…companies themselves are detatched from the end users wants and needs (Sony specifically).

I find it easy to slate Sony, it' s not very fair as they HAVE brought videogames to the mainstream (whether that' s a good thing or not is debatable)…

I think my qualms with Sony are their blatant dishonesty and the mistakes they have been constantly making with PS3…

That' s partially down to Microsoft who virtually forced Sony' s hand when they just weren' t ready…

You' ll often find me singing Microsoft' s praises which would lead some to believe that i am in fact an adamant Microsoft supporter. I' m not, but i do think everything they have done so far, with a couple of minor exceptions, has been right on the money. They secured some awesome exclusives, they' ve given developers a highly acclaimed development environment, they' d made online console gaming work, they have a perfect pad (well, it' s lacking the NiGHTS pad' s d-pad), the console is well made and structured and they' ve delivered exactly what they said they would...

But, RE4 is still my most played game and Twilight Princess is the game i am most looking forward to this year (don' t tell Cliff), so Nintendo is where i' m at baby!

Sneaky, Majik… Very sneaky.
Nitro

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 08, 2006 02:19
Aw sh*t!

Dude, i missed you off my list of people i like coming here to discuss things with. You and Tiz have been great additions to the forum so you must accept my humblest appology!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 7 Jun 06 18:19:33 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 08, 2006 02:32
THOMPSON better call the cops before a real console fanboy gang war breaks out,gonna be a lot of deaths...
ginjirou

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 08, 2006 02:40

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Aw sh*t!

Dude, i missed you off my list of people i like coming here to discuss things with. You and Tiz have been great additions to the forum so you must accept my humblest appology!

I guess with my latest thread I will never make that list .
Nitro

RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 08, 2006 03:38
DAMN!

I missed you off too. That wasn' t intentional, you' re right up there at the very top along with my good buddy Quez!
Fool In Black

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Are You a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft Fanboy? - Jun 09, 2006 08:43
I Like Sony Because Playstation And Playstation 2 Both Really Good Franchises. The Playstation 2 Had :

Metal Gear Solid
God Of War
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy
Jak And Daxter
Ratchet And Clank

I Also Like It Because Both Of My Favorite Games Of All Time :

Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Subsistance

And Because It Has Free Online Play And Full Backwards Compatability

But I Might Add Microsoft As A Favorite Because Xbox 360 Is Looking Pretty Good Too Because Of Halo And Gears Of War. I Also Like The Sleek Design And The Controller. Xbox May Have Had Very Few Good Games In My Opinion But The Xbox Did Have A Hardrive, Better Graphics, 4 Controller Capability, Better Online Play, Longer Controller Cords, And System Link Capablity
< Message edited by Fool In Black -- 9 Jun 06 0:47:07 >
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 6 of 8, messages 101 to 120 of 157

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread