Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution graphics
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 103
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 08, 2006 19:42
E3 Is inching even closer i' m mostly interested to see what the pricing on the ps3 is gonna be and what else nintendo and microsoft have up their sleeve. And if this is a more adult themed game it will be interesting to see how it will be accepted particularly in europe and america i' m getting the feeling that most nintendo consoles are going to be parents buying for children (might be wrong).

By the way have you guys seen the xbox live academy aliens they r kinda funny I think they should use things like that along with the whole pinyada to market to a younger audience aswell. http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/aliens/
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 8 Apr 06 11:58:15 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 08, 2006 22:21
Why i belive in this pics?
Cause gameinformer had their exclusive magazine where they played the game itself and said it look the same.

O_o
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 08, 2006 23:07
I am waiting till e3.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 08, 2006 23:09
That was a good answere :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 00:29

Ubisoft made Next Gen graphics on Xbox (chaos theory?) so it' s not impossible with some new technologies on a more powerful system.

Absolutely. Chaos Theory on Xbox was gorgeous, and since REvolution is based on Gamecube architecture, and the Gamecube version of RE4 looked utterly superb, ...with more power, a company like Ubisoft could do an awful lot.

I have heard that the screens are definately ingame but have been slightly touched up, much like the screens for Double Agent on 360.

It may appear to look worse and shit ,but one thing is for sure - 3rd party is onboard big time.

E3 should be VERY interseting. You think Nintendo will announce a list of 3rd party support?!

By the way I think that the kind of visuals these screenshots provide are amazing , but if it turns out to be a rail shooter - it won' t be half that impressive

It' s not exactly an on the rails shooter though. You can move to, and hide behind things, ...take cover etc. But It' s played with both the remote and the analog attatchment, so i would think you' d be able to move around because an on the rails shooter would only need the remote right?!

Also, there is split screen and online multiplayer so it' s almost certainly not an on the rails game.

Oh, and the way you hold the remote, directly affects how you hold the weapon ingame, so you can tilt the gun sideways or whatever and Gangsta can really live up to his name.

Roll on E3!!!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 00:35
Rev is sounding really cool right now, im just looking forward to seeing the price tag. I really like how Nintendo is going at it this Gen, super nice!
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 01:05
I' d say less than or exactly the $250 sweet spot...

There' s a SLIM-chance we' ll (at least 1 territory) will see the console released BEFORE November...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 03:58
I found a video that shows how the Revolution controller can be used in games. It could' ve been better though. The video is probably old and maybe you' ve already seen it but those who are having a a hard time understanding how the controller will work should take a look:
http://dl.qj.net/Nintendo-Revolution-Controller-Demo-Video-Nintendo-Revolution-Videos-Trailers/pg/12/fid/672/catid/260
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 06:56

Gangsta can really live up to his name.

Actually it happened in Perfect Dark for N64 (when you got close to enemy - which I did very often hehe) ,but yeah ...I' ll definitely hold it sideways LOL

I' m pretty sure it' s a typical FPS (from what I' ve read) and it' s lookin mighty fine

It' s a nice hint for what to expect at E3 - and that would be :A LOT

Majik you have a really hard name to live up to actually - I mean I just need to smoke somebody and that' s it but you ....I don' t know man :)

EDIT

What IGN has to say about this?

-these are gameplay screenshots (the game was shown in motion)
-16/9 Widescreen
-FPS
-Ability to take cover , block and so on with the controller
-Guns and swords as weapons
-Launch title

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 8 Apr 06 23:07:00 >
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 07:09
Hahahaha...

Yeah, i' m not sure either...

Check your messages...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 07:25
Will Revolution titles be allowed to NOT have 16:9 widescreen? I sure hope not.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 07:56
it should' ve been a standard since PS2 launch ...

as for Revolution - I think it will be up to developers (and that' s bad) - like it' s always been.

That' s why I' m happy to see Ubisoft making their game in 16/9
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 08:08
It' s possible that it will be a pre-resiquit and that ALL games on the console will have to be formatted that way. Not certain, ...but it' s possible.

Hey Joe, ...you' re a level headed guy, you don' t get carried away in the hype of things...

...what do you suppose Nintendo' s so called " final secret" is?!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 08:51
Maybe it can run all games at 1080P without any loss in quality?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 09:45

what do you suppose Nintendo' s so called " final secret" is?!

I haven' t really thought much about it, but it' s most likely not something huge, as in deserving a lot of hype.

Here' s what I' d like it to be:

-Actual HD support
-Requirement that all games run in 480p and 16:9
-Dolby Digital 5.1 sound
-Ethernet jack

Here' s what it most likely is:

-Some sort of " connectivity" with the DS. Yay.
-Some sort of online BS, which I will not take advantage of because I MUCH prefer wired internet.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 11:35
It seems like the FPS genre has a new home...and I guess mario party can add a host of motion oriented mini-games now.

Im still not sold on the idea behind Revolution. Mostly the litte wand thingy there. Its just not as functional as many make it out to be. You need to many add-ons just to go from one genre to another. Sim racing will be hell with a wheel thats so free. 3rd person games will pretty much render the wand useless except for a few novelty ideas here and there that will in the end be more of a hassle.

Its gonna be fun and enjoyable for the whole family. But it wont be anything that will blow me away. More for the get togethers, like Mario Party.

Games I dont see the wand taking a major part in or have much comfort:
-Fighters
-Various sports (basketball, football, soccer, etc)
-Sim Racing
-3rd person games
-flight games
-RPGs
-Adventure games
-...probably a few more im too lazy to consider

The only way these games will be enjoyed decently is to throw on the appropriate add-ons.

Games that will benefit the most:
-FPP
-Rail games
-Party
-Baseball (um yay...., however this would make sence what with Japans obsession with the sport.)
-Fishing...

Of course you can implement the motion aspects into any genre in some creative way, but for the heft of the game its not gonna be much.

Then again Im probably just to closed minded on the whole thing. And will have to see the ' light' a bit later then everyone else.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 9 Apr 06 4:22:29 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 17:21
Since Mario appears everywhere I' m wondering if we' ll see Counter-Strike: Mario now that Nintendo has got a taste for FPS .
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 17:26

Here' s what I' d like it to be:

-Actual HD support

It' s going to be possible through USB - it' s almost official (they said it but didn' t really explain much) - there' s a lot of pressure from developers.

As for the secret I think it' s something great - depending on how you look at it , it' s as big or almost as big as the controller itself.

I think it has something to do with visuals (not HD) - they have patented some new " view perspective" optimal for games so I wanna see this in action :)

Still it could be some minor feature , but features like that are often underestimated (like microphone in DS).
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 21:05

they have patented some new " view perspective"

VR headset!! [:' (]
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 21:21
VR, ...Stereoscopic 3D, Optical projection...

It' s all possible.

Maybe...

SMELLOVISION!!!!

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 103

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages