Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution graphics
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 103
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 21:39

flight games

I think the controller would work great with flight games.. im sure we' ll see a ' Pilot Wings' sooner or later.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 21:55
Any kind of game will be possible on Revolution because Nintendo are releasing a standard controller shell for use with game that require it.

It' ll probably be based on the Wavebird.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 09, 2006 23:51
There could be some cool gesture recognition in games. You know like in games like Black & White or Myst V (but better!) where you can draw different shapes in the air that mean different things. Harry Potter fans would love it!

I always thought it' d be cool for fp-rpg' s to use mouse to control a players arms directly and interact contextually with the environment. Maybe Rev will do something like that eventually.

Actually I' m surprised Rockstar' s Table Tennis hasn' t been announced for the Rev yet. That would be perfect if they got it right.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 9 Apr 06 15:58:13 >
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 02:03

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 02:24
My dream: Shenmue Revolution
The past games and the 3rd one, all on Revolution, optimized for play with the revmote.
I can' t deside if they I want them to be 1st or 3rd person though.
3rd person is the classic style and it worked great.
But 1st person Shenmue would be more immersive. But then you won' t see Ryo as much.
Hmm, any thoughts? How small are the chances of Shenmue seeing a Revolution version? 0.1%?
Segas Virtua tennis would also be very nice. They should also make an arcade version where Sega borrows their controller. Nintendo Sega cooperation can' t go wrong!
Phantasy Star Online, Sonic, House of the Dead, Panzer Dragoon, Headhunter, Super Monkey Ball, Nights, they' d all be great with the Revmote.
With Sega having Mega Drive games on the Rev, maybe my dream won' t be far from reality...
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 9 Apr 06 21:03:38 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 05:05
Please stop mentioning shenmue ...I feel pure sorrow when I think about Shenmue III and how there are no news ....

GOD DAMN YOU MAINSTREAM MARKET AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 9 Apr 06 21:06:17 >
ginjirou

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 05:07
Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue Shenmue
Have you noticed how some words lose their meaning if you repeat them over and over .
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 07:11
Shenmue on the Revolution just seems wrong.

Still it could be some minor feature , but features like that are often underestimated (like microphone in DS).

I absolutely HATE the microphone in the DS, HATE IT! With a fucking passion. I do not like games that require me to yell or blow at the microphone. It' s just so stupid. You know what else I hate? Those telephone recording menus where you have to speak the option you want instead of pressing the button. I do not like talking to things that are not alive!
f3hunter

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 08:55
An ' off the rails' ' Virtua cop' HAS to be made for the Revoltuion, has to.
ginjirou

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 22:06
Yeah! Almost forgot about Virtua Cop.
Virtua Cop and House of the Dead " of rail" on the Revolution. That' d be great.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 22:13
oh please please please!

I love these games still on the saturn, still got two black guns, still use them when I get a chance, moreover, I don' t mind them being on rails! Seriously, it' s a genre that always makes you feel back at home, in familular territory, I' d be sad to see it go all " immersive " !

Fine, have an option to go off rails, but I' d defo buy any railed Sega shooter on rev! aaah, thats why I love this forum. Memories!
ginjirou

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 22:18
Hmm, you' re right. They wouldn' t be the same if they were off rails.
But then it would be interesting to see how they would turn out it they were.
They could make off rail versions for the Revolution and on rail versions for the 360/PS3 and everyone will be happy .
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 10, 2006 23:57
sounds like a plan...

where do i sign up?!

Neeeeeed a decent gun and a virtua cop continuation so badly now!!!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 11, 2006 01:45
good news guys according to gameinformer

George Harrison, Vice-Président of nintendo america, said there will be around 20 revolution games at launch, 1/3 from nintendo and the rest from 3rd paties, isn' t that great?

ginjirou

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 11, 2006 02:37
Twenty? Wow, that' s alot. It' s incredible actually. I wonder if Majik will be able to buy all release titles this time as he did with the 360.... probably not.
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 11, 2006 03:33
I bloody will! 20 isn' t so bad if the games are £40 rather than the £50 i had to pay for 360 launch titles. If i get them from play.com, the Revolution games could be as cheap as £30 each. I WOULD probably have to forego a PS3 at launch though, ...i guess i' ll have a clearer picture after E3...

However, he didn' t say there WOULD ] be 20, he said there could BE UP TO 20 titles, and that 1/3 of them could be Nintendo games.

The reason he' s unsure as to how many games will be available is that they haven' t spoken to all of the licencees yet, but developers working on " launch titles" have been told that their games need to have gone gold by early October.

I actually covered this on Saturday via my blog...

http://nitrodr46on.blogspot.com/

...but he also mentioned a couple of other interesting point that i' ll mirror here.

He said that Art direction can be just as expressive as photo-realistic graphics and he mentions that the Simpsons wouldn' t be nearly as funny if it was live action. Revolution will be a multiple of the GC in terms of capibilities and Nintendo is still deciding what will be packed in the Revolution.

He says Nintendo is shooting for a worldwide Revolution launch this year, and he states " Clearly, for us, the Japanese market might be the most important, and now it' s the home market, it' s the chance to reset the clock to the main competition, which is Sony"

Nintendo is considering some like XBL Marketplace and Harrison mentions that they learned a lot of lessons from the PS2 in terms of having a wide variety of software and the fact that the strongest tech doesn' t always win. " The other thing we recognized is that you really make your reputation in the first year. You' ve got to deliver software, not just at launch, but you' ve got to deliver software in the first six to nine months after launch. It has to be solid software. In GC, we didn' t have that, we had kind of a drought for six months after it launched. By that time your reputation starts to solidify and it' s hard to reverse that after awhile."

And then the launch titles...

Possibly 20 Revolution games at launch. He says they haven' t seen many of the games licensees yet but " Maybe a third will be Nintendo games" and Red Steel is a Revolution launch title, and will broaden appeal like GoldenEye 64 did.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 10 Apr 06 20:04:30 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 11, 2006 05:58
About House of the Dead and Virtua Cop - in an interview with guys from Segas Arcade Division . they said that it' s hard to make a game like that for HDTV systems at home (interlaced picture is necessary for those guns to work) and that revolution is very likely the future home of those games.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 11, 2006 06:17
Yes, there we go! Revolution actually has some part of the market cornered. Now, maybe some of the public will realise that it might just sell well, regardless of graphical capabilities. but then again, the same people said the same thing of the DS
f3hunter

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 11, 2006 06:20
sell well? are u joking?, Revolution will be king of japans market, im pretty certain of that..

(i hope im not wrong infront of all these guys)
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 10 Apr 06 22:21:34 >
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 11, 2006 06:23
HOTD4 is a brilliant game. We have it in our local arcade and i' ve lost count of how much money i' ve pumped into the machine.

Would an arcade perfect port be possble on Revolution though?!

...and since the arade game uses a " machine gun" (Mac 10), would the port use the Revmote or a lightgun?!

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 103

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message