Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So, how well is 360 doing then?
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 86 of 86
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: So, how well is 360 doing then? - Apr 19, 2006 00:25
They should team up with PC manufacturers and make lots of PCs themselves and via those PCs set Blu-ray as a standard. That way they' ll get bigger support and they wouldn' t risk the PlayStation brand and we would get a cheaper console and they wouldn' t loose as much money and everybody would be soooooo happy.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: So, how well is 360 doing then? - Apr 20, 2006 01:10
...hey, why' d your Shenmoo thread get locked?....
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: So, how well is 360 doing then? - Apr 20, 2006 02:18
yeah, i don' t see blu-ray being very sucessful when most of the computer industry is running Billsoft' s stuff. Although, i' ve been wrong before. I can just picture the ad' s now...

" The new macintosh PowerBook G5, with out of the box compatibility with blu-ray high definition media. Macintosh, suck different"

and then the ad would fade to black.

No, actually, I can' t see that either, but it would be funny.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: So, how well is 360 doing then? - Apr 21, 2006 07:06
...do you know that Apple are supporting blue-ray?....

.....and isn' t Apple the number one choice of professional Digital Artists, Designers, Musicians, Audiophiles, Movie-makers and Photographers?....

....or do only slack-jawed code monkeys count as worthwhile ' creatives' ?....
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: So, how well is 360 doing then? - Apr 21, 2006 20:10
Im a part time photo-journalist for motoring magazines in the South West, and believe me Macs are NOT the weapon of choice with journo' s, in fact they hate them and all have PC' s at home.

It' s much the same with academics, creative types like me are supposed to have them, but as soon as you try to get the vga projector adaptor working, dam, your embarrassed infront of 250 people!

With the new plant in Taiwan opening up, and MS looking to up production over the comming year to a million 360' s a month... that compares favorable to Sony saying htey will get 6 million PS3' s to market within the first year as MS will have hit that target by June. So things are looking better for M$ at least in the short term.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: So, how well is 360 doing then? - Apr 21, 2006 20:25
We don' t use Macs either.

Microsoft should hit 10 million by christmas, and Sony, if they can get 1 million PS3' s built and shipped for each territory AND make the worldwide November launch work will only have sold 3 million.

I don' t think they' ll manage a worldwide launch and i don' t think they' ll have a million unit for the territories they DO launch in. It' ll be a successful launch but i don' t exapct it to be as smooth as they' d like.

I think in Japan at least Revolution will sell the most units in the first 6 months, ...maybe even Europe. But i expacet 360 to sell well, and keep selling well in the west, peaking at christmas when the bigger games hit (Mass Effect, Blue Dragon and Too Human for example).

I think Sony potentially have a hard time ahead and although i expect Sony to come out ahead at the end of this generation, i don' t think the margin will be big at all and i think Nintendo and Microsoft will be able to deal enough damage to make Sony think twice about PS4.

Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 86 of 86

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message