Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If you could buy ONE next-gen system...
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 8 of 9, messages 141 to 160 of 178
Cain

• Total Posts : 2
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 23, 2005 20:37

Im sick of sony praising its premier franchises like MGS, Socom, and DMC, when they could be making newer more original titles like Microsoft have been. Microsoft is releasing so much new and exciting stuff. Full Auto, for example, is one of the most original racing games ive heard of thus far. What will sony be offering... GT5? NEED FOR SPEED?! Yea, i thought so. Like you get a sense of " Who cares anymore" .

Sony also owns studios that put out titles like Ico, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Dakter, God of War, the upcoming Shadow of the Colossus, and plenty of others. Other non-Sony original titles like Frequency, Amplitude, Rez, Katamari Damacy, and the upcoming Okami are PS2 only. Of course, taste in games is extremely subjective and everyone has their own opinion but I just mentioned a lot of Sony only games that are very widely regarded as original and unique.

This may be a more subjective comment, but I have seen very few Xbox exclusives that are really original or push the envelope. The recent Oddworld game looks good and I' ve heard phenomenal things about Jade Empire but that' s all I' ve seeen. I thought Halo was very derivative and poor compared to many PC FPS titles. Chronicles of Riddick was great but the PC version is better (and cheaper).

btw, Need for Speed is EA not Sony and will almost surely be out on all platforms.
snatch24

• Total Posts : 49
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 24, 2005 12:33
r u 4gettin great games like......... errm u know ur right
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 24, 2005 15:05
yeah xbox is more of the classic genres for exclusives. Teh big 3: First Person Shooter, Racing, Fighting. And that they pwn at. Halos, Project Gothem Racings, Dead or Alives. But they do have some good sort of originals, like when splinter cell first came out and ninja gaiden, then there are medium originals like oddworld, then there are the not so huge originals that nobody knows about usually because they suck. Of course the good ones lose their originality factors once they have sequals.
But I think the best console for originals for the current gen would be the GC. And before that was teh Dreamcast, which had tons of orginality because 3D graphics and such were finally getting good and sega pwnd at making games.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 24, 2005 16:18
erm racing? Gran trisoismo [sp?] Fighting? Tekken and soul caliber 3, fps? ok you got me here on halo but the likes of the upcomeing black and ahem killzone..

Orginals? try God of war, Okami and lots of others. for your Ninga Gauidan we have Devil may cry. What about exculisves? the playsation has metal gear solid, silent hill etc.

So dont be think xbox is so superior to playsation games wise, in many cases those games are better then the ones you listed.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 24, 2005 21:27
PGR2 is teh best multiplayer racing game by far
DOAU pwns all other fighters straight up
SC3 is a joke
tekken is being extremely held back by the PS2 decent game that could pwn
Killzone lmao

I thought PS1 was alright, but PS2 is horrible technology and its shows in the games. PS3 looks like it will suck too, sony expects way too much out of programmers. Lets make it as hard as possible to use the power of our console. And to save money lets make them buy the hard-drive seperate. Lets straight up lie to the consumer about the power of our console and show " game footage" that we prerendered. In all of our game commercials lets avoid showing actual gameplay and show CG and humorous skits instead.

As for all the so called original titles on PS2 they all play the same too me. There has got to be 300 third person action games for the PS2 and they all seem to suck.

The exclusive games were pretty good when they were on PS1, the PS2 versions straight up suck compared to games on GC, XBOX, and PC that came out at the same time.

Of course games are mostly subjective, you could compare features and such objectively. Objectively Xbox is the clear winner.
If you feel that PS2 has better games I guess I can' t claim your opinion is wrong, but in my opinion xbox games are better.
coblooded

• Total Posts : 1
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 25, 2005 02:33
If I had 2 choose a system, I would have 2 choose revolution. Honestly whos not waitng for the new smash brothers game, and it being online need i say more? All though I have a PS2 and its has alot of titles i like, Nintendo is my number 1 choice. 2 bad sega left the consle wars, I wonder what it would have in store for us gamers?
Cain

• Total Posts : 2
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 25, 2005 08:17
" yeah xbox is more of the classic genres for exclusives. Teh big 3: First Person Shooter, Racing, Fighting. And that they pwn at. Halos, Project Gothem Racings, Dead or Alives. But they do have some good sort of originals, like when splinter cell first came out"

I disagree with some points but thank you for making a reasonable argument which is very rare in these religious debates.

Racing: This is pretty close between Xbox and PS2. They both have third party titles like Burnout, Midnight Club, and NFS. Then there is Forza, Project Gotham, and Gran Turismo. I know many that think GT is the be all and end all and others who prefer Microsoft' s selection. Microsoft recently got Forza, but for the rest of this generation Xbox had nothing that paralleled the GT series.

Fighting: As far as big names; Xbox has DOA and others, PS2 has Tekken and others, PC has basically nothing. I really just don' t " get" this genre so I' m not one to comment.

FPS: Xbox owns? No; PC rules. Xbox has a better shooter selection than PS2 but they are both distant second and third to PC. PC has far superior graphics, controls, networking, and most importantly the most originality and range of titles by far.

RPG: Depends on your poison. Xbox/PC are best for western RPGs; KOTR, Morrowind, Elder Scrolls, and Jade Empire (xbox only). PS2 is best for Japanese RPGS such as Final Fantasy and dozens of others.

Platformer (with there was a better name for this genre): GC/PS2. Nintendo has loads of first party titles here. PS2 has had the phenomenal Jak&Dakter and Ratchet&Clank series (really good even if you think you are too old for this stuff). Recently Psychonauts is a good cross platform release; and is the first good game of this type you could get for Xbox.

Oddball/Original Genre: PS2 has the edge. As I said; Katamari, Frequency, Amplitude, Ico (awesome), the upcoming Shadow Of the Colossus and Okami and many others. And all those games weren' t just strange; they were really good too. PS2 also has the best selection of music/rhythym games. Xbox just released Conker and Oddworld but has very few titles in this category. Someone said GC? I can' t think of anything besides Viewtiful Joe that' s ever been praised in this category.

Strategy/MMO/Simulation: PC hands down. Not even close.
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 25, 2005 10:10

Oddball/Original Genre: PS2 has the edge. As I said; Katamari, Frequency, Amplitude, Ico (awesome), the upcoming Shadow Of the Colossus and Okami and many others. And all those games weren' t just strange; they were really good too. PS2 also has the best selection of music/rhythym games. Xbox just released Conker and Oddworld but has very few titles in this category. Someone said GC? I can' t think of anything besides Viewtiful Joe that' s ever been praised in this category.

Pikmin, Donkey Konga/ DK jungle beat, Odama, Chibi Robot.
PNo3 <-- hate it or love it, its pretty darn original.

FPS: Xbox owns? No; PC rules.

Different barrel of fish with pc' s though ain' t it, as far as FPS' s go on consoles xbox = winneh

Deus ex 2
Theif 3
HL2
Doom 3
Half-life 1/2 ... this list could go on but i cba.
(heh a lot of Sequels)
Silentbomber

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 25, 2005 18:03
locopuyo are you serious? dont want to cause you any offense but you seem to constanly bashing sony and its products, you seem like a complete Microsoft fanboy, or maybe it just seems that way.

ok answer this, if microsoft and the games on its system are so good, why is it trailing behind the ps2? [dont say beacuse ps2 was realsed 2 years before, i am talking about the years when all 3 consoles where widely avaible up to now]
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 06:50
Because we all know that Silentbomber has the right to call anyone a fanboy. And actually yes, it is because of a year release advantage. Name 2 other advantages, and dont say games as the majority of PS2 games are mediocre 3rd person adventures or turn based RPGs. Oh I take that back there is another reason: Sony fanboys.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 08:01

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Name 2 other advantages, and dont say games as the majority of PS2 games are mediocre 3rd person adventures or turn based RPGs. Oh I take that back there is another reason: Sony fanboys.

Well, I tried to keep away from this, but comments like these are completely unfair. While I understand that bashing the market leader makes one feel more " hardcore" or something, you' ve got to keep things into perspective if you want to be taken seriously. How would you feel if someone dismissed the entire Xbox games library as " inferior versions of PC FPSs and driving games?" . Over the years I' ve come to own and appreciate all current consoles and even though there are many things that I don' t like about the ps2 or Sony' s policies, I have nothing but respect concerning the machine' s software line-up.
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 09:27
Xbox 360 will be the best next gen system on the market i mean come on you can turn on your xbox 360 from pressing the X on your controller wirelessley
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 09:52

Xbox 360 will be the best next gen system on the market i mean come on you can turn on your xbox 360 from pressing the X on your controller wirelessley

It' s true, I read it on the internet. And man, turning your maching on with a remote, that' s nothing short of revolutionary. If only they could come up with something like this for TV so I wouldn' t have to get up and turn my TV on manually.
Silentbomber

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 09:55

Because we all know that Silentbomber has the right to call anyone a fanboy. And actually yes, it is because of a year release advantage. Name 2 other advantages, and dont say games as the majority of PS2 games are mediocre 3rd person adventures or turn based RPGs. Oh I take that back there is another reason: Sony fanboys.

I am only defending sony because it is unfairly getting bashed, you cant say all its games are inferior to that of the xbox. Yes i may have said somebody was acting like a fanboy, but i did it with respect to him, in no way was it to be offensive. Like dismiss said all consoles have there ups and downs, the ps2 has the weakest graphics but the largest game catalog, the gamecube is full of orginall titles but has few thrid party devolpers, the xbox has the best grapihcs of the 3 consoles but alot of there 3rd party games are ports of ps2 games or pc titles.

A console simply cannot be better than another one just like that. And thinking that it is makes that person a fanboy, or at least acting like one.
Boss Hogg

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 10:13
Look all i know about the PS3 controller is that it looks like a boomerang and its ugly.

P.S. Do you think Boss Hogg is a good username? Some of my friends like some dont so tell me? I use it 4 everything like halo & other vedio games.
snatch24

• Total Posts : 49
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 11:01
xbox 360 will be a definite buy with exclusives like halo 3, perfect dark zero, kameo, and PGR3. the changeable faceplates is pretty cool also
mxpx182

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 11:13

P.S. Do you think Boss Hogg is a good username? Some of my friends like some dont so tell me? I use it 4 everything like halo & other vedio games.

If I were you I' d change your name to " Le Boss Hogg" . chicks dig dudes with accents.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 27 Jun 05 19:14:16 >
Boss Hogg

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 27, 2005 11:17
Le Boss Hogg? i geuss it roll off the tounge if u think about it.
mxpx182

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 29, 2005 15:51
Living la vida loca eh Terry??

Well, this little bit of info on PS3 pricing has to have you shaking in your boots huh Terry?! At current exchange rates thats 480 american on the high end, and 450 on the low. That new avatar of yours is going to be sweet!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - Jun 29, 2005 16:20
Wow...that is incredibly high. People will still buy the console...but I know that I won' t be until the price is dropped.
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 8 of 9, messages 141 to 160 of 178

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message